Subway Cinema - NY Asian film fest: June 2005 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1419 Views )

Click
590th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Subway Cinema - NY Asian film fest: June 2005" , posted Fri 13 May 09:47:post reply

June 17-30.

NY.

28 Asian films.

Subway Cinema

Anyone see any of the listed films? I've never heard of a large portion of them, but KEKEXILI looks like a standout... Hopefully I'll be able to catch a few. Last year I bummed out.

I've seen Samaritan Girl and Save the Green Planet. Unless you like Kim Ki-Duk, Samaritan Girl might not be your cup of tea...

Save the Green Planet is really whacked-out, but good. It's got that Japanese is-it-comedy-or-drama flavor... expect it's Korean. Pretty solid.

EDIT: OT: I know there are a few Ki-Duk fans around here, so just a heads-up... His latest film, "The Bow" should have released today...

The Bow

[this message was edited by Click on Fri 13 May 09:48]

Replies:

Spoon
963th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Subway Cinema - NY Asian film fest: Jun" , posted Fri 13 May 09:53post reply

quote:
June 17-30.

NY.

28 Asian films.

Subway Cinema

Anyone see any of the listed films? I've never heard of a large portion of them, but KEKEXILI looks like a standout... Hopefully I'll be able to catch a few. Last year I bummed out.

I've seen Samaritan Girl and Save the Green Planet. Unless you like Kim Ki-Duk, Samaritan Girl might not be your cup of tea...

Save the Green Planet is really whacked-out, but good. It's got that Japanese is-it-comedy-or-drama flavor... expect it's Korean. Pretty solid.

EDIT: OT: I know there are a few Ki-Duk fans around here, so just a heads-up... His latest film, "The Bow" should have released today...

The Bow

Why does every movie being shown except for KEKEXIL sound weird as hell? Is it just trendy to bring in the weird-ass asian films, or are they actually the best representatives of modern quality cinema in asia?

Evenor
186th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Subway Cinema - NY Asian film fest: Jun" , posted Fri 13 May 09:56post reply

My friend who lives near a indies film rental store in NY told me about Three Extremes. Its suppose to have some CRAZY shit in it. I'm trying to make him buy a bootleg copy of it for me.

Anyways, thats the only one Ive heard about.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー