Petition to release Berserk game in the US - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1891 Views )

Sano
1733th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Petition to release Berserk game in the US" , posted Tue 10 May 10:32post reply

I'm signature 227 by the way under my real name Anthony. Not sure why I'm signing 'cuz "Don't know rye, don't know rye, it's too rate! It's too rate!" LOL!

Puck still needs to die though!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3356th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Petition to release Berserk game in the" , posted Tue 10 May 10:35:post reply

quote:
I'm signature 227 by the way under my real name Anthony. Not sure why I'm signing 'cuz "Don't know rye, don't know rye, it's too rate! It's too rate!" LOL!

Puck still needs to die though!

The makers of the Berserk game will thank you and thank the rest of the people that sign this petition. They will print every page of it, and wipe their asses with them.

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Tue 10 May 11:06]

Sano
1734th Post

"Re(2):Petition to release Berserk game in the" , posted Tue 10 May 10:47post reply

quote:

The makers of the Berserk game will thank you and thank the rest of the people that sign this petition. They will print every page of it, will wipe their asses with them.

OK I'm starting to think you won't be signature number 230, ha ha!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Mav
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Tue 10 May 11:09post reply

I want this game in my country, but I've got to ask the people around here - Has an online petition ever accomplished ANYTHING?

This doesn't count votes and other things on official websites from official companies, just the ones people make to try and get the attention of the higher powers.

Sano
1736th Post

"Re(2):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Tue 10 May 11:13post reply

quote:
I want this game in my country, but I've got to ask the people around here - Has an online petition ever accomplished ANYTHING?

There was an online petition to get Guilty Gear the Midnight Carnival into US Arcades. The petition seemingly worked, a Guilty Gear game was finally released in US Arcades, sadly no one plays it...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Grave
906th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Tue 10 May 14:06post reply

quote:
There was an online petition to get Guilty Gear the Midnight Carnival into US Arcades. The petition seemingly worked, a Guilty Gear game was finally released in US Arcades, sadly no one plays it...

"Seemingly"? Wow, feel the awesome power of online petitions. And what a job they did, getting GGXX into 3 arcades.

Online petitions are worthless garbage and I have never seen any proof of otherwise. Not going to waste my time on this one, wasted enough of it on this post.

I'd like a new Berserk game to come out here as much as anyone else would, but this is not how to get it.

Freeter
4287th Post

"Re(4):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Tue 10 May 14:41post reply

I don't get it....why wouldn't they release it in the US?

We already got the DC game, anime, and manga....is SCEA holding them at gunpoint or something?

Ammadeau
1347th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Tue 10 May 20:32post reply

Someone can ask Sammy about it next week... or Sega, or whatever they call themselves now.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

legalstep
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 03:15post reply

Someone told me the menus are in english. Why not import it? I am.

Izek
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 03:23post reply

I dug the DC game b/c of the anime but by the end of it I could barely stand it thanks to his damn sword banging on the walls all the time. Is this a prob in the sequel as well?

Toxico
4069th Post

"Re(5):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 04:16post reply

quote:
We already got the DC game, anime, and manga....is SCEA holding them at gunpoint or something?

If you haven't realized at this point many companies doesn't care what happens outside japan.... I wonder if this is the case?? Will the studio hand out the license?? Will someone step foward to translate the game?

See??? He is a God...

Saiki
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 05:06post reply

quote:
I don't get it....why wouldn't they release it in the US?

Bcuz the game takes place around volumes 23~26.

The berserk manga in the US is around what? volume 4?

Ppl won't know who Serpico, Farnazze, Scherkie, etc are. And those who do know prolly already imported the game anyways....

Freeter
4288th Post

"Re(6):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 05:58post reply

quote:
IBcuz the game takes place around volumes 23~26.

Ppl won't know who Serpico, Farnazze, Scherkie, etc are.

But you still control Gatts, right? Isn't that all they need to know?

Sano
1738th Post

"Re(6):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 06:02:post reply

Saiki - Good point. The Berserk Manga volume 7 comes out this week in the US.

Oddly, it didn't stop them from releasing the Dreamcast Berserk Game, when that came out the Anime wasn't even released yet outside of fan subs (which is how I first encountered Berserk) but... the US version came with a mode where they described a lot of the history and definitions of the game if you were really lost. It's funny how Ass backwards we got Berserk here. First the Game, then the Anime and then the Manga. But if not for that, we never would of gotten the Dreamcast version since it the Dreamcast went belly up...

Heh, even the Full Metal Alchemist Game is far ahead of the Anime and Manga released here, but no real spoilers I don't think (as far as I got up to anyway, 80% done just about) unlike both Berserk games. Well, the Dreamcast game at least gave us SOME info on what happened after the Anime for us very lost American fan sub watches who didn't have internet back then...

EDIT: I signed 2 more times for signatures 241 and 242. Having multiple E-Mail accounts is good!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 11 May 06:14]

GekigangerV
1090th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 06:38post reply

quote:
Saiki - Good point. The Berserk Manga volume 7 comes out this week in the US.

Oddly, it didn't stop them from releasing the Dreamcast Berserk Game, when that came out the Anime wasn't even released yet outside of fan subs (which is how I first encountered Berserk) but... the US version came with a mode where they described a lot of the history and definitions of the game if you were really lost. It's funny how Ass backwards we got Berserk here. First the Game, then the Anime and then the Manga. But if not for that, we never would of gotten the Dreamcast version since it the Dreamcast went belly up...

I would sign this petition if I didn't think online petitions were worthless. I got this game when it came out and I am still playing it to today. It really is worth the import if SegaSammy doesn't bring it over.

Speaking of the DC game, that was great. I feel that they did a better job with the Story mode in that game than in the PS2 game, the original storyline also helped. I also liked the voice cast. The guy who played Duke in the old GI Joe cartoon was Guts and Cam Clarke was Puck. They should get them again if they do bring this over. I was really lost in that game though since I had no idead what was going on when I first played it. I didn't know that the Brand attracted the spirits so I didn't understand why ghosts came out of nowhere in that cave or what Zodd was exactly. But after reading the manga I liked the DC game even more.

war
202th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):Petition to release berserk petitions" , posted Wed 11 May 06:48post reply

Why bother? Even as a fan of Berserk, I found the game incredibly bland and boring. The only remotely good part of the game is the animation (especially in the boss fights).....and wasting 5-6 hours running around in Gauntlet-esque landscapes hacking up the same boring mobs x6000 is not worth it by any means. I'd rather suffer through the Oneechambra again.