XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4013 Views )

Minuteman
253th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Sun 8 May 10:58post reply

http://www.vgpub.com/Xbox_360_images_leaked/news

should be real, since the show is this Thursday, but of course it was gonna be taped. Damn concave system! And where did the black and white buttons go? 4 top shoulder buttons maybe?

Replies:

Evenor
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Sun 8 May 12:07post reply

It looks like an air purifier

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

EddyT
476th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Sun 8 May 12:16post reply

It's still as big as somebody's head.

That plastic head in the background is a good unit of measure.

Dr Baghead
3424th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Sun 8 May 13:14post reply

quote:

A CD/DVD is like half the size of the average human head so it's almost to be expected it's that size isn't it?

...or did I miss the joke?

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Baines
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Sun 8 May 13:53post reply

Am I the only person that gets an IPod vibe from the white console pics? Maybe it is just the little circular bit...

The controller doesn't look quite that great either. Not necessarily uncomfortable, but... Shrug... The disc d-pad, how far from the edges the d-pad and right stick are...

I can't see MS dropping two buttons, particularly after Nintendo showed the problems of being short buttons on the Cube. I'd expect they've just moved them to the shoulders for a more "standard" design (as even PC controllers these days like four shoulder area buttons). Besides, isn't this the controller that Longhorn is supposed to support/expect for games?

Burning Ranger
1194th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Sun 8 May 23:25post reply

quote:

That plastic head in the background is a good unit of measure.

Don't you know that in America, bigger is better? At least it looks like the preview images that we've been seeing lately. One percent of me is still reluctant to believe this though, waiting for offical confirmation.

I do like that the controllers will have a built-in headset jack. Still... the lack of black/white buttons is troubling.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

EddyT
477th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 01:13post reply

quote:

A CD/DVD is like half the size of the average human head so it's almost to be expected it's that size isn't it?

...or did I miss the joke?

Nah... I was just being sarcastic. I didn't expect it to be as small as a slimline PS2, but I expected it to be at least a bit more forgiving with the size (and it looks like it is). It does look a lot nicer than the original XBox, and the control pad looks okay to me. Having it stand on end is a good idea.

I'm just wondering if that will have a built in hard drive or not.

beto
869th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 03:32post reply

Suposedly the black and white buttons are at the top now.

quote:

Rumors say there are two versions. One for 299 without, and one with the 40 gig HD for 399. The HD one can play XBox1 games and has web access. Considering thereīs a pic floating around of the exact same console pictured above with an attached metal-thingy and a display showing "40G", i assume itīs true.

Bootation
459th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 05:12post reply

quote:
Suposedly the black and white buttons are at the top now.

Rumors say there are two versions. One for 299 without, and one with the 40 gig HD for 399. The HD one can play XBox1 games and has web access. Considering thereīs a pic floating around of the exact same console pictured above with an attached metal-thingy and a display showing "40G", i assume itīs true.

I don't get it.
What is the point of this thing?
I won't be buying it. Not only because its huge, but because microsoft is evil and promotes bad thinking.

Gimme some nintendo revolution baby!

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Undead Fred
2353th Post

"Re(6):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 05:30post reply

quote:

I still say the HD version's going to be a harder sell... "For only $100 more than you paid for the original XBox, you can get the same features you had on the old console!"

Considering the price tag and maintenance costs (the first XBox had horrible disc drives that failed as often as possible), it'll be a while before I consider getting this new one.

Burning Ranger
1195th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(7):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 07:32post reply

quote:

I won't be buying it. Not only because its huge, but because microsoft is evil and promotes bad thinking.

Sony did it first...bad thinking that is...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Ishmael
1989th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(8):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 09:12post reply

quote:

Sony did it first...bad thinking that is...

R.O.B. and his 32X disagree.

Gojira
1702th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 12:27post reply

Well, it's definitely white.

*doesn't really fucking care*

Off with your nose

Dr Baghead
3426th Post

"Re(6):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 14:12post reply

quote:

So I gots to spend $400 for the best feature a videogame system ever had?!

Sigh... well I guess it would still be better then a memory card.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Fro Boy11
1927th Post

"Re(7):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 18:06post reply

That's a pretty big ass remote....

At least bigger than the remotes I have. DVD or otherwise.

Time Mage
2121th Post

"Re(7):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 18:14post reply

Am I the only one that likes the design?

Joe Randel
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 22:08post reply

quote:
I still say the HD version's going to be a harder sell... "For only $100 more than you paid for the original XBox, you can get the same features you had on the old console!"

Considering the price tag and maintenance costs (the first XBox had horrible disc drives that failed as often as possible), it'll be a while before I consider getting this new one.

I don't think they'll have any problems selling this. From what I've seen most of the people I know have xboxes and love'em. It's like it sit in nicely with most generic gamers out there that just want to play FPS's or racing games, and it would seem that those types of people now out number the exotic/import gamers/hardcore (like most of us). I think most xbox owners will piss themselves with joy and run out and buy one so they can play Madden06.

Ther new design is much better then the old one. I do think it's funny that it now sits on it's edge like a... oh... PC tower...? What's with the name though? Why 360? Did I miss something?

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Mog
371th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 23:37post reply

quote:

Ther new design is much better then the old one. I do think it's funny that it now sits on it's edge like a... oh... PC tower...? What's with the name though? Why 360? Did I miss something?

I like the "final" design much more than I thought I would. I just hope the system doesn't turn tobacco yellow with age like every white console before it. As for the name, Microsoft felt that calling the system "XBox 2" would make it sound less powerful than the PS3 since 2 is less than 3. They wanted to keep the XBox name too though, so they couldn't just make up something new. Prior to this, rumors were that the new XBox was either going to be named XBox Next or XBox 360 with the former seeming to be the one they've chosen. I personally think it's stupid and both names make my blood boil, but I also lack a degree in marketing which makes my opinion relatively worthless.

quote:

Having it stand on end is a good idea.

So the motor driving the lenses burns out faster thus requiring you to buy a new system sooner than normal?

beto
871th Post

"Re(8):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Mon 9 May 23:54:post reply

quote:

I don't think they'll have any problems selling this. From what I've seen most of the people I know have xboxes and love'em. It's like it sit in nicely with most generic gamers out there that just want to play FPS's or racing games, and it would seem that those types of people now out number the exotic/import gamers/hardcore (like most of us). I think most xbox owners will piss themselves with joy and run out and buy one so they can play Madden06.

It can stand or lay down, but you donīt have to buy anything to make it stand, like the PS2.

Supposedly you can carry the HD with you to a friendīs house and attach it to his XBox360. That would be good if your friend doesnīt have Live and/or if you unlocked something he didnīt.

Or maybe if you want to show him your pantyshot collection in KOF:MIM.

XBox360 accessories will be Longhorn compatible. Also, youīll be able to run Live games from a PC against XBox360 players.

[this message was edited by beto on Mon 9 May 23:55]

Mokona
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Tue 10 May 00:02post reply

quote:
What's with the name though? Why 360? Did I miss something?

They definitely didn't want an "Xbox 2" when there will be "PS3" sitting on the same shelves... Then, they probably had in mind "revolution" in their title, but Nintendo grabbed it first... so the next best thing is 360 (plus 360 is way higher that a mere 3, so eat that sony... pfff marketing...)

Blah!

Ishmael
1990th Post

"Re(9):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Tue 10 May 00:40post reply

quote:
What's with the name though? Why 360? Did I miss something?

They definitely didn't want an "Xbox 2" when there will be "PS3" sitting on the same shelves... Then, they probably had in mind "revolution" in their title, but Nintendo grabbed it first... so the next best thing is 360 (plus 360 is way higher that a mere 3, so eat that sony... pfff marketing...)

Unless the console somehow rotates while in operation the 360 title is an innocuous if not very accurate name. Naming a console seems to be a trickier proposition than it would first appear. The Super Nintendo seems like a great name but then publishers started putting out far too many games with "Super" at the start of their titles. By the end of the life of the SNES it got to the point where you could have a standard alphabetical listing of game titles and then there was this weird "Super" sub-listing. Personally I think Microsoft should have named the new system XXBoxx since the name is a direct continuation of the previous system and it has the bonus feature of being unpronounceable.

While on the subject of console names, the name WonderSwan still makes me giggle to this day.

Mokona
253th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Tue 10 May 02:30post reply

quote:
Personally I think Microsoft should have named the new system XXBoxx since the name is a direct continuation of the previous system and it has the bonus feature of being unpronounceable.

I couldn't have waited for the XXXBoxxx... (I could already see the marketing... "XXXBoxxx, the hardcore system" or "for the hardcore gamer")

Blah!

legalstep
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Tue 10 May 07:49:post reply

Xbox360 is probably 357 times better than PS3. Good branding indeed.

I was being sarcastic I think...

[this message was edited by legalstep on Tue 10 May 07:49]

Undead Fred
2356th Post

"Re(9):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Tue 10 May 10:39post reply

quote:

So, Microsoft's saying they're going to spin around in a circle with their new console, and come to a stop facing the same direction and not really go anywhere? Heh heh.

quote:
It can stand or lay down, but you donīt have to buy anything to make it stand, like the PS2.

Actually, you don't have to buy anything to make the PS2 stand, unless you were trying to stand it up on fluffy carpet or something. I've got mine sitting on its edge in my entertainment center thing, and I've never bothered buying any of those support bases (I can understand the vertical stand, but did ANYONE buy the horizontal stand??).

Mog
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Tue 10 May 11:15post reply

quote:

I've got mine sitting on its edge in my entertainment center thing, and I've never bothered buying any of those support bases (I can understand the vertical stand, but did ANYONE buy the horizontal stand??).

My store had two used official horizontal stands for $3.99, or something. One day I just got tired of them taking up space, so I picked one up and convinced one of my coworkers to do the same. We did the same thing with Fantavision when it dropped to $4.99.

Ammadeau
1346th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Tue 10 May 11:45post reply

I don't care if there aren't any games playable for it at E3, but they should at least let me get to feel up the controller to decide if it's something I'd be comfortable with. Looks like a bastardized S to me at the moment.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

beto
871th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Tue 10 May 11:55post reply

quote:
I don't care if there aren't any games playable for it at E3, but they should at least let me get to feel up the controller to decide if it's something I'd be comfortable with. Looks like a bastardized S to me at the moment.

Perfect Dark Zero was playable at the MTV thingy, and Itagaki said way back that DOA4 would be playable at E3. Donīt know if heīll keep his word.

Iggy
6476th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Tue 10 May 16:51post reply

quote:
I couldn't have waited for the XXXBoxxx... (I could already see the marketing... "XXXBoxxx, the hardcore system" or "for the hardcore gamer")

Igezeks Box, Isuka Box, Box#reload, Box #reload sharp...
The possibilities.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Grave
907th Post

"Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special leaked" , posted Tue 10 May 17:04post reply

quote:
(I can understand the vertical stand, but did ANYONE buy the horizontal stand??).

I also grabbed one for dirt cheap because it looks nice.

legalstep
96th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Thu 12 May 01:13post reply

Me too but I wish I had the nifty slim overheating PS2 with its twist on stand.

exodus
2661th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Thu 12 May 01:53post reply

cool, looks like I'll be interviewing the 360 designer at E3. rock rock.

Mosquiton
1619th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Thu 12 May 02:24post reply

It seems to me that there's industry gossip floating around that indicates that Sony could very well show up the 360 at E3...

I probably wouldn't be so happy to hear that if MS wasn't so damn condescending with their marketing.

At any rate, I'm getting kinda psyched about the upcoming show.

/ / /

exodus
2663th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Thu 12 May 02:30post reply

quote:
It seems to me that there's industry gossip floating around that indicates that Sony could very well show up the 360 at E3...

That's basically not possible. Sony hasn't even decided on what media they'll use yet. The 360 will be playable in multiple booths. The PS3 will probably not be playable anywhere...

Ishmael
1994th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Thu 12 May 02:52post reply

quote:

That's basically not possible. Sony hasn't even decided on what media they'll use yet. The 360 will be playable in multiple booths. The PS3 will probably not be playable anywhere...

It doesn't necessarily have to be a new Playstation in order to steal the spotlight from MS. It could be anything from announcing a new contract to showcasing some silly new variation on an existing product. Perhaps the PSPDS will make it's grand debut? I don't know if Sony is going to have anything to show but I wouldn't be surprised if they claim they have something newsworthy anyway.

legalstep
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):XBox 360 pics from MTV special l" , posted Thu 12 May 04:23post reply

quote:
cool, looks like I'll be interviewing the 360 designer at E3. rock rock.

Is that Horace Luke? Did Microsoft send you a DVD of Xbox360 footage and a Samsung DVD player as well?

source