N64--> DS games - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4834 Views )

Kikkoken
870th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"N64--> DS games" , posted Sat 7 May 17:17post reply

Considering the 2 systems are very similar in terms of specs, and judging from the excellent port of Super Mario 64 to the DS, what other game from the Nintendo 64 catalogue would you like to see converted for your DS?
I must say that I could kill for a port of Star Fox 64/ Lylat Wars. First because this is a fruitful franchise, Fox and co having a good fanbase, and they/we were fairly let down by the GC games. Second because the port would be so perfect if they do the way they did with Mario and implement the right-hand stylus control. And of course throw in a dozen mini games like destroy human-killing giant tomatoes coming from Mars or scorpions escaping from a van, or shrinking the ship so it enters the body of a terminally ill patient and destroy as you wish the bad germs or the remaining safe organs. He he.

Replies:

simonbelmont
16th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):N64--> DS games" , posted Sat 7 May 17:40post reply

superman 64

Digitalboy
188th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):N64--> DS games" , posted Sat 7 May 18:50post reply

quote:
superman 64

Flying through rings = super fun.

Bootation
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):N64--> DS games" , posted Sat 7 May 23:36post reply

quote:
superman 64

Flying through rings = super fun.

Both zelda's. Blast Corps. F-zero.
Can't think of any right now...

o.t. I actually just picked up F-zero for gamecube. Is it just me or is the american box art hurrendous?

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Minuteman
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):N64--> DS games" , posted Sun 8 May 02:02post reply

quote:

o.t. I actually just picked up F-zero for gamecube. Is it just me or is the american box art hurrendous?

I don't find it that offensive myself...sure it could be cooler, but the whole Story Mode is w/ Captin Falcon, so that makes sense he's on there. I recently started playing the GC F-Zero again and I forgot how much I love this game. The sense of speed is great and the music is some of my favorite (esp. in the Aeropolis <sp?> stages). In fact, I just realized I hadn't unlocked every machine. The story mode levels on hard and very hard are no fun at all. Enjoy!

Burning Ranger
1191th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):N64--> DS games" , posted Sun 8 May 08:22post reply

quote:
Considering the 2 systems are very similar in terms of specs, and judging from the excellent port of Super Mario 64 to the DS, what other game from the Nintendo 64 catalogue would you like to see converted for your DS?

Two words: SHAKE SHAKE!

Then again, I don't plan on buying a DS until it costs less than $100... no handheld should cost as much as a console--EVER!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

GekigangerV
1088th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):N64--> DS games" , posted Sun 8 May 09:03post reply

I would prefer that they make NEW games instead of porting old ones. I wanted so badly to see a new sidescroller Mario game on the GBA, but didn't get one. Superstar Saga was okay, but I would have liked to see a new more traditional 2D Mario game. Those Sonic Advance games were great and I think showed that 2D sidescrollers still had life in them. I think Nintendo

But if I had to choose I would like to see WWE No Mercy ported to the DS, that game kicked ass.

Hungrywolf
3027th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):N64--> DS games" , posted Sun 8 May 11:35post reply

quote:

Two words: SHAKE SHAKE!

Then again, I don't plan on buying a DS until it costs less than $100... no handheld should cost as much as a console--EVER!

Are you talking about Mischief Makers? I loved that game.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Kaepora
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):N64--> DS games" , posted Sun 8 May 11:53post reply

quote:
Are you talking about Mischief Makers? I loved that game.

Yeah. I would have mentioned it (I love the game), but I don't think I'd buy it again since I still have the N64 version.

I would, however, buy a DS right now if it had Mario Tennis. Two screens, wireless multiplayer...

simonbelmont
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):N64--> DS games" , posted Mon 9 May 12:42post reply

quote:

Yeah those are words to live by. Plus I'm an old man now and squinting my eyes looking at a puny screen doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

Joe Randel
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):N64--> DS games" , posted Mon 9 May 22:09post reply

Wait, so people didn't want PSP ports but it's okay to make N64 ports? I don't think that'll happen anyway since most people dump on the N64 anyway. Gimme more original games, with the odd port over.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

rid
6605th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):N64--> DS games" , posted Mon 9 May 22:11post reply

quote:
superman 64

Quest 64!

Seriously, Sin & Punishment.

legalstep
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):N64--> DS games" , posted Tue 10 May 07:55post reply

I'd like Starfox64 if I could shoot down Falco.

Ellianor
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):N64--> DS games" , posted Tue 10 May 20:26post reply

quote:
superman 64
Quest 64!

Seriously, Sin & Punishment.

Yeah, Tsumi To Batsu, with the Thumbstrap stuff (and without N64 fog) will simply be perfect.

What about Radiant Silvergun ? Long time ago there was a rumor about a GBA conversion, and Nanostray isn't graphically too ugly. That's it !