King Of Fighters 11? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2563 Views )

Professor
2236th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 06:12:post reply

This is an actual filing in Japan's Trademark Office from SNKPlaymore.

And considering the unlikelyhood that they'd make a logo and trademark it without using it...

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 4 May 06:19]

Replies:

Iggy
6442th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):King Of Fighters 11?" , posted Wed 4 May 06:20post reply

(must not make Imoya jokes, must not make Imoya jokes, must not...)

So, the nickname of the game will be FXI ? At least something I like about it already.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Burning Ranger
1189th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 06:21post reply

quote:

And considering the unlikelyhood that they'd make a logo and trademark it without using it...

Maybe SNKP is not going to assign years to them anymore (since it seems to take more than 1 year to make them). Still, having the year attached makes the game more... interesting. Then again, it kinda lowers the values of earlier KOFs (like how EA Madden games are reduced in value with each new year).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

OmegaDog
1504th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 06:43post reply

quote:
Maybe SNKP is not going to assign years to them anymore (since it seems to take more than 1 year to make them). Still, having the year attached makes the game more... interesting. Then again, it kinda lowers the values of earlier KOFs (like how EA Madden games are reduced in value with each new year).

I'm not one to collect every KOF, but still -- isn't there more that's markedly different about each installment of KOF, than with each installment of Madden?

[And on a tangent -- despite the fact that we see many older sports games at the bottoms of bargain bins, I actually wonder if there's even the remote chance that Madden games might actually increase in value as time passes -- based purely on the concept of classic team line-ups. Or do they include stats and line-ups from years past in newer games?]

SO... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY! | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

exodus
2633th Post

"Re(2):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 06:44post reply

odd. probably good to get away from years, anyway.

Juan
4138th Post

"omegadog con queso" , posted Wed 4 May 06:48:post reply

Maybe the reason why they removed the year was so they are not forced to fart out a new KOF every year. Hopefully this means that there would be more time to include bigger graphic/engine updates with every game.

Seems better to have a big KOF every 2-3 years than a slighty updated version every year or so.

Edit: tasty dish, easy to make
quote:

STFU

[this message was edited by Juan on Wed 4 May 06:51]

OmegaDog
1505th Post

"Re(1):omegadog con queso" , posted Wed 4 May 07:13post reply

quote:
Edit: tasty dish, easy to make

PRO-TIP: Juan is addicted to cheesing.

SO... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY! | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

EternalNewbie
180th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):omegadog con queso" , posted Wed 4 May 07:18post reply

quote:
Maybe the reason why they removed the year was so they are not forced to fart out a new KOF every year. Hopefully this means that there would be more time to include bigger graphic/engine updates with every game.

Seems better to have a big KOF every 2-3 years than a slighty updated version every year or so.

Wow, that actually makes the most sense. After seeing people argue about what KoF is to what year these days, it makes sense to switch to numbers now. That way, they don't have the never-said promise hanging over there head of making one each year. Even though I liked having the year after the name, if going to number equals better quality due to more time to work on it, then by all means, let the numbers come!

EternalNewbie:
The Einherjar Hachitoushi -- The 8 Warriors of the Ragnarok Plan

Lupin
2995th Post

"Re(1):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 09:33post reply

quote:

I object! They should call it KoF Episode Nine. This would follow the trend they already started of putting the episode number like "Episode 7" on the games.
KoF 11 would count the "dream match" games, and my fan opinion is that it would be better without them counted. Also I believe that while counting 2 of the NeoGeo "dream match" games, it doesn't count other dream match and in-story games, such as KoF Neowave, Fatal Fury The King of Fighters, KoF Maksemum Empaac, or several of the other games like the gameboy games.

Thanks for the news, don't you want to put it on the front page? =)

beto
864th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 10:12post reply

quote:

I object! They should call it KoF Episode Nine. This would follow the trend they already started of putting the episode number like "Episode 7" on the games.
KoF 11 would count the "dream match" games, and my fan opinion is that it would be better without them counted. Also I believe that while counting 2 of the NeoGeo "dream match" games, it doesn't count other dream match and in-story games, such as KoF Neowave, Fatal Fury The King of Fighters, KoF Maksemum Empaac, or several of the other games like the gameboy games.

Thanks for the news, don't you want to put it on the front page? =)

Yeah, calling this "KOF11" will only confuse the (few) mainstream players. They´ll see the "Episode 7" at the beggining of KOF2001 (or the numbers on the cover of the PAL 2000/2001 pack), find 2003 (ep.08) and then wonder where are all those other chapters.

Still, hopefully this new numbering and (radically) different logo are a sign that they make some kind of graphic upgrade... Even if it´s just ReBouting the 2003 sprites.

Burning Ranger
1190th Post

"Re(3):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 10:37post reply

quote:

I'm not one to collect every KOF, but still -- isn't there more that's markedly different about each installment of KOF, than with each installment of Madden?

[And on a tangent -- despite the fact that we see many older sports games at the bottoms of bargain bins, I actually wonder if there's even the remote chance that Madden games might actually increase in value as time passes -- based purely on the concept of classic team line-ups. Or do they include stats and line-ups from years past in newer games?]

KOF 00/01 collection is now $20 at EBGames and Gamestop (I got mine for $16 new at a different store). And KOF99, if you can find it on PSOne, is probably $9.99 new. Now these are just the console versions... I just checked National Console Support, and found that while KOF02 and KOF03 (Neo Geo AES Versions) are out of stock, '03 is priced about $100 more than its predecessor. Then again, '01 is priced the same as '02. THis makes me think that while there are differences between the games, the year notation is what might be driving the price down. It also makes me wonder how well KOF94Rebout will sell in the US... even now, I'm reluctant to buy a game with '94 in the title since it's now 2005.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Fygee
1174th Post

"Re(4):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 11:44post reply

That logo is exceptionally unimpressive.

Cain Highwind
546th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 12:14post reply

quote:
That logo is exceptionally unimpressive.

Agreed. I though 2k2's logo looked bad, but at least that one has some color to it.

Freeter
4281th Post

"Re(6):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 15:29post reply

If they made this episode 9 the logo would say "FIX"....

*insert random Imoya joke here*

Undead Fred
2346th Post

"Re(4):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 17:42post reply

quote:

KOF 00/01 collection is now $20 at EBGames and Gamestop (I got mine for $16 new at a different store). And KOF99, if you can find it on PSOne, is probably $9.99 new. Now these are just the console versions... I just checked National Console Support, and found that while KOF02 and KOF03 (Neo Geo AES Versions) are out of stock, '03 is priced about $100 more than its predecessor. Then again, '01 is priced the same as '02. THis makes me think that while there are differences between the games, the year notation is what might be driving the price down. It also makes me wonder how well KOF94Rebout will sell in the US... even now, I'm reluctant to buy a game with '94 in the title since it's now 2005.

Well, as far as the consoles go, I'd chalk up the lower prices to their just being old games...

I think Juan's got a good point, but I'm going to miss having the year by the name... it made it feel more like an annual tournament instead of a regular fighting game. But yeah, maybe they'll be more willing to take some time and improve the graphics or something since they don't HAVE to have a KOF every year.

Just as long as they keep coming out, I'll be happy.

Lupin
2996th Post

"Re(7):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 17:49post reply

quote:
If they made this episode 9 the logo would say "FIX"....

*insert random Imoya joke here*

Our KoF Fix after almost 2 years with no real sequel! (=

Iggy
6443th Post

"Re(8):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Wed 4 May 17:53post reply

I wonder if FXII will be released before FFXII.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Ishmael
1983th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(9):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 00:26post reply

I approve of the idea of getting away from having the year stamped on the title since it inadvertantly became an expiration date. Trying to convince people to buy KoF02/03 in 2005 must have been a tough sell. But the idea that they are naming it FXI even though there aren't any games officially named KoF One through Ten is a work of demented genius. It also suggests there's less of a chance that this is going to be a major upgrade to the game engine, graphics or whatever and more of a continuation of what's been done in the past.

exodus
2641th Post

"Re(6):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 00:51:post reply

quote:

Agreed. I though 2k2's logo looked bad, but at least that one has some color to it.

ehehe...I really don't think they're going to keep it black and white. I'd be surprised if the patent office used color printing, too.

[edit]
I'm gonna interview falcoon at E3. woop woop!

[this message was edited by exodus on Thu 5 May 04:05]

Undead Fred
2348th Post

"Re(7):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 07:27post reply

quote:
[edit]

MAKE HIM DRAW FELICIA AND KASUMI HUGGING

exodus
2645th Post

"Re(8):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 07:28post reply

oh man. if he becomes my friend, and doesn't eat me, I can think of all kinds of great things for him to draw.

but prolly I'll just have him sign my boobs.

Freeter
4282th Post

"Re(9):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 07:41post reply

quote:
I'll just have him sign my boobs.

Make sure he does it with a pen and not a ketchup bottle....

Pollyanna
1085th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 08:21post reply

quote:

As him why he hasn't improved as an artist in years, or how he thinks he can compete with the millions and millions of professional grade Japanese CG Superbabies.

Or just...subtly make fun of him for me.

exodus
2646th Post

"Re(8):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 08:24post reply

quote:
Or just...subtly make fun of him for me.

I could make fun of his weight.

I know how he can compete though - he's worked with them before, and he's good at drawing boobs. Those two things basically leave him set.

heyyyyyyyyyy you won't be going to E3, will you?

Yobyvan
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(9):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 08:41post reply

Darn it?! I would wanted to go myself but I'm about to leave the country.. Too bad, I would've taken my cuz Freeter with me.

12 max mentol 11 stork candy 10 chupa chups 9 tortillas chippy 8 pancit canton 7 Magi noodles6 hamonado... 5 long credit list..... 4 pandesal 3 Chocobot 2 Nano-Nano and a Sofdrinks in a plastic!" WIDTH=256 HEIGHT=96>

Undead Fred
2350th Post

"Re(8):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 08:46post reply

quote:
Ask him why he hasn't improved as an artist in years, or how he thinks he can compete with the millions and millions of professional grade Japanese CG Superbabies.

Not really sure what you want... random overhauls to his style every few years? I mean, there's always room for growth, but his style's pretty tight already. His coloring is very good, his proportions are solid, his poses are dynamic... I mean, his work isn't perfect, but no one's really is. And if he's doing artwork for video game companies, I'd say he can definitely compete.

Pollyanna
1086th Post

"Re(9):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 08:57post reply

quote:

heyyyyyyyyyy you won't be going to E3, will you?

I wish. I haven't been in contact with the company I work for much lately and they didn't offer to give me tickets. At this point, I feel like it would be rude of me to ask.

I won't say "absolutely not", but it's a very slim possibility.

beto
866th Post

"Falcoon ate my babies" , posted Thu 5 May 09:27:post reply

quote:

First, ask him what the fuck did he meant about a "new KOF that isn´t like NeoWave and isn´t like MI" (translation - get him to talk about this KOF11 thing).

Second, ask him when he´s releasing an artbook.

Then... force him to release an artbook with the zillion illustrations he´s done so far (website, Jojo event, KOF2002 event, KOF2003 combo DVD, KOF2003 comics, all the small SNK illustrations... and so on).

[this message was edited by beto on Thu 5 May 09:30]

Moriya
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 10:57post reply

I don't understand... I thought it was common knowledge for a long time that they were dropping the year from the titles... I thought it was really weird that everyone here seemed to be surprised by it. If I'm not mistaken, they've already announced that they would drop the year from the title since last year...

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

Juan
4139th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 11:04post reply

It would be awesome if you could post a link to the announcement.

quote:
I don't understand... I thought it was common knowledge for a long time that they were dropping the year from the titles... I thought it was really weird that everyone here seemed to be surprised by it. If I'm not mistaken, they've already announced that they would drop the year from the title since last year...

STFU

Moriya
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 11:12post reply

quote:

I don't have it, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere that Falcoon had announced that last year... but maybe I'm mistaken... who knows.

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

Catalyst
42th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 11:42post reply

quote:

I don't have it, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere that Falcoon had announced that last year... but maybe I'm mistaken... who knows.

Yeah I also remember the non KOF year titles being posted and discussed about a couple months back here. I think an SNK representative said it possibly.

TheBeast
1853th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 11:43post reply

quote:

I read something like that too, but it was more like SNK PLAYMORE is considering to drop the year in the next KOF.

Since there wasn't any confirmation of sorts (not that this is considered any confirmation of sorts either), I guess everyone just took it as a hearsay or internet rumour.

Moriya
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 11:48post reply

Ah, here's the link. And yeah, they didn't confirm they would drop the year from the title, but they did confirm that the next KOF wouldn't be called KOF2004, and that they were considering doing it.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/23/news_6115589.html

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

Moriya
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 12:02post reply

quote:
Since there wasn't any confirmation of sorts (not that this is considered any confirmation of sorts either), I guess everyone just took it as a hearsay or internet rumour.

Ah, but it was the opposite. Since they were skipping KOF2004, and making a KOF2005 to follow KOF2003 wouldn't make much sense (some people would be confused, asking where's KOF2004), my guess was that everyone would pretty much assume that they would drop the year from the title, like they ended up doing. I know a lot of people did, that's why I had already taken it as common knowledge. But whatever, it doesn't matter much now that it's official.

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

ZamIAm
1517th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 12:22post reply

quote:

Ah, but it was the opposite. Since they were skipping KOF2004, and making a KOF2005 to follow KOF2003 wouldn't make much sense (some people would be confused, asking where's KOF2004), my guess was that everyone would pretty much assume that they would drop the year from the title, like they ended up doing. I know a lot of people did, that's why I had already taken it as common knowledge. But whatever, it doesn't matter much now that it's official.

I remember the announcements too. Seth better return or someone's gonna pay.

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Freeter
4283th Post

"Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 13:51post reply

quote:
Too bad, I would've taken my cuz Freeter with me.

Ton? Is that you?

trogdor
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 15:48post reply

the olympics and world cup events are every 4 years and are often referred to by their year in addition to location. so why not kof?

personally i think snk should just can the series. before i get flamed - snk hasn't made anything new in years nor has updated any of their other fighters. The original KoF was something more of a 'best of' fighter and over the years sorta branched off into its own thing. let's face it - SNK sold out into the corporate 'sequel'/safe-bet routine.

Pollyanna
1087th Post

"Re(9):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 15:49post reply

quote:

Not really sure what you want... random overhauls to his style every few years? I mean, there's always room for growth, but his style's pretty tight already. His coloring is very good, his proportions are solid, his poses are dynamic... I mean, his work isn't perfect, but no one's really is. And if he's doing artwork for video game companies, I'd say he can definitely compete.

I'll just go ahead and say you're right, because it's totally impossible to argue about art with someone and Falcoon isn't a bad artist. What it comes down to is that I used to love Falcoon, but I feel that he hasn't improved in years and as a result his art has become stale to me. Anything else I say is too easily contestable, because, for the sake of this conversation, I'm wrong.

NARUTO
3028th Post

"Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 19:45post reply

quote:

I'll just go ahead and say you're right, because it's totally impossible to argue about art with someone and Falcoon isn't a bad artist. What it comes down to is that I used to love Falcoon, but I feel that he hasn't improved in years and as a result his art has become stale to me. Anything else I say is too easily contestable, because, for the sake of this conversation, I'm wrong.

IMO Falcoon style didn't feet the KOF style at all... I mean he draws some nice stuff but his "goofy" style would work on a Rival school game or a vampire, not the realistic style of a KOF.
IMO SNK should hire hiroaki or Senri kita for such game, and keep Falcoon for some other stuff Metal slug for exemple...

SNK seems to not understand that "it's not because Falcoon is fan of KOF, that KOF fans will be fan of Falcoon..."

We are all mad at some point....

Yobyvan
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 22:42:post reply

quote:
Too bad, I would've taken my cuz Freeter with me.

Ton? Is that you?

Hey! Sup cuzn P!

quote:
IMO SNK should hire hiroaki or Senri kita for such game, and keep Falcoon for some other stuff Metal slug for exemple...

Falcoon's art would be more compatible for a skateboard game version of KOF.

12 max mentol 11 stork candy 10 chupa chups 9 tortillas chippy 8 pancit canton 7 Magi noodles6 hamonado... 5 long credit list..... 4 pandesal 3 Chocobot 2 Nano-Nano and a Sofdrinks in a plastic!" WIDTH=256 HEIGHT=96>

[this message was edited by Yobyvan on Thu 5 May 22:48]

beto
866th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 23:45post reply

quote:
IMO SNK should hire hiroaki or Senri kita

So you say you want "realistic"... then you mention Senri Kita. Kita´s just like Falcoon - the regular style they draw (and are known for) is extremelly cartoonish. They both have a few of what you say are "realistic" illustrations here and there, but it´s not what they usually draw.

And the problem with guys like Shinkiro and Hiroaki is that only the "serious" characters look good. There are many characters, like Athena, Choi, Mai, Malin, Chang and so on that simply do not work with them. Falcoon and Nona struck a better balance than Hiroaki and Shinkiro.

Freeter
4284th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Thu 5 May 23:53post reply

quote:
Hey! Sup cuzn P!

Man, I want to go to E3, but school is taking up all my time...eh, they'll just show everything online anyway.

What chat program do you use? I might hit you up later.

quote:
IMO SNK should hire hiroaki or Senri kita Ogura for such game

Yobyvan
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 00:16:post reply

quote:
What chat program do you use? I might hit you up later.

I use AIM, Y!M and MSN.. pick one.

Oh yeah and i use Mirc as well.

[this message was edited by Yobyvan on Fri 6 May 00:18]

Undead Fred
2351th Post

"Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 01:01post reply

quote:

I don't know, I guess I was just saying that if I were to critique him if he were in a class or something, I wouldn't really have any areas that I'd like for him to improve... I liked his more "experimental" pictures (by "experimental", I mean the ones that weren't straightforward character illustrations and had more monochromatic color schemes and stuff), and I'd like to see more work like that, but in terms of his style and mark-making and body structure and all of those core skills, I'd say he's pretty much solid there.

NARUTO
3030th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 01:04post reply

quote:
So you say you want "realistic"... then you mention Senri Kita. Kita´s just like Falcoon - the regular style they draw (and are known for) is extremelly cartoonish. They both have a few of what you say are "realistic" illustrations here and there, but it´s not what they usually draw.

What are you talking about??? We didn't see to talk about the same Senri kita is seems...
Go and watch Samurai spirit warrior rage arts, or all the art she did for the SNK CHARACTERS artbooks...And tell me if those are cartoonish.

Unless you find that and this one cartoonish

And more cartoons

quote:

And the problem with guys like Shinkiro and Hiroaki is that only the "serious" characters look good. There are many characters, like Athena, Choi, Mai, Malin, Chang and so on that simply do not work with them. Falcoon and Nona struck a better balance than Hiroaki and Shinkiro.

Shinkiro's Athena is far better than Falcoon's...At least she looks like a girl...And hiroaki's buriki girls are far nicer too...Just seems you didn't really know all the works Shinkiro, Senri and Hiroaki did.......

beto
869th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 04:56:post reply

quote:

What are you talking about??? We didn't see to talk about the same Senri kita is seems...
Go and watch Samurai spirit warrior rage arts, or all the art she did for the SNK CHARACTERS artbooks...

SNK Characters? Like those girls below?

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/snkillustrations/SNK_Characters_030.jpg

http://www.kawaiidream.net/details.php?image_id=5553&sessionid=d2dbadfd6c186e6b4c803c42bd15958c

http://www.kawaiidream.net/details.php?image_id=9119&sessionid=d2dbadfd6c186e6b4c803c42bd15958c

Senri Kita likes (and ´s popular for) drawing girls like those.

If those look like "realistic" girls to you, you´re out of your mind. They´re cartoonish, as clichéd anime-like as possible.

When he draws Athena she looks like someone from Card Captor Sakura. Just like Falcoon, the older a character is, the less "cartoony" it looks. The only difference is that Falcoon´s coloring is closer to what one would expect from "anime" style art and he likes over the top facial expressions to his freaks (which fit much better to characters like Choi, Yamazaki and so on than Shinkiro´s renditions).

quote:

Shinkiro's Athena is far better than Falcoon's...At least she looks like a girl...And hiroaki's buriki girls are far nicer too...Just seems you didn't really know all the works Shinkiro, Senri and Hiroaki did.......

Shinkiro´s Athena looks like a statue of an idol. She doesn´t look like someone that would be even able to move, much less fight.

And Hiroaki himself considers his girls bad. Not on anatomy, but in the sense that (just like Shinkiro´s) they´re dull and out-of-character (sometimes even looking much older, like Kula below - isn´t she supposed to be a pretty young teenager?):

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/snkillustrations/SNK_Characters_109.jpg

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/snkillustrations/SNK_Characters_107.jpg

Hiroaki is good drawing characters like K´ and Iori, the "bad-asses". Every time he has to draw K´and Kula together, it´s painful how much better and in-character K´ looks compared to Kula. Hiroaki is by far my favorite SNK artist, but that doesn´t make me blind to his problems, you kow.

Shinkiro is good at drawing the more "normal" characters, like King, Clark. His (and Hiroaki´s) freaks or up-beat, "happy" characters don´t look right at all. It´s just like when Shinkiro makes a Metal Slug illustration. It doesn´t work.

(and that´s without counting Shinkiro´s "Mark Dacascos everywhere" problem)

And Naruto, you complain about "cartoonish" stuff, but your name is from a very silly, shitty kiddie cartoon. What´s the deal with that?

[this message was edited by beto on Fri 6 May 05:22]

Juan
4141th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 05:36post reply

BENKMAN WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT CROSS THE BEAMS

STFU

exodus
2650th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 05:40post reply

NONA!

Time Mage
2114th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 05:44post reply

quote:
And Naruto, you complain about "cartoonish" stuff, but your name is from a very silly, shitty kiddie cartoon. What´s the deal with that?

You could have ended your argument without having to resort to give your perfectly respectable but generally not shared opinion about his nick's origin.

Anyway, I can tell you that Naruto is just too special about his likes and dislikes. If he likes certain artist, or if he has a certain fixed idea of how a 3D fighter should be, there's NO WAY IN HELL you or anyone could change his opinion. His arguments won't often be valid, but that doesn't matter: his idea is the correct one. That said, he usually express those ideas without bothering anyone, so you don't have to take it as if it were a personal issue. I particulary agree with you in this argument, but that last part just was unnecessary, I think.

And yes, Shinkiro has never drawn anything that suggested movement. His drawings may be detailed and "realistic", but lack life.

Freeter
4285th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 13:13post reply

quote:
I use AIM, Y!M and MSN.. pick one.

I got Y!M....is your nick still Aztoxic?

Iggy
6454th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 17:35post reply

quote:
You could have ended your argument without having to resort to give your perfectly respectable but generally not shared opinion about his nick's origin.
Especially after a DBZ coming out.
Or maybe I'm wrong, and DBZ is so much more mature Naruto. Because it has a lot of... mature stuff in it. Like... oh this bores me already.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Undead Fred
2352th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Fri 6 May 18:10post reply

quote:
And yes, Shinkiro has never drawn anything that suggested movement. His drawings may be detailed and "realistic", but lack life.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I can't stand him. He makes any and every character he draws look like they're posing for their school yearbook photo. I have noticed that his more recent work has gotten a LITTLE more lively (as in, they're actually slightly more dynamic poses and don't always have that same dopey smile or blank look on their faces), but when you compare that to other artists, that's not saying much.

NARUTO
3032th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Sat 7 May 00:52post reply

quote:

If those look like "realistic" girls to you, you´re out of your mind. They´re cartoonish, as clichéd anime-like as possible.

Definitely not as Falcoon ones IMO...
quote:

The only difference is that Falcoon´s coloring is closer to what one would expect from "anime" style art...

And that's what I hate in his works...
quote:

...and he likes over the top facial expressions to his freaks (which fit much better to characters like Choi, Yamazaki and so on than Shinkiro´s renditions).
[/quoye]
Once again not for my taste.

quote:

Shinkiro´s Athena looks like a statue of an idol. She doesn´t look like someone that would be even able to move, much less fight.

The "posing" way is what I like in Shinkiro's style... It's not because they're fighters that they should be always in some dynamic poses...
quote:

And Hiroaki himself considers his girls bad. Not on anatomy, but in the sense that (just like Shinkiro´s) they´re dull and out-of-character (sometimes even looking much older, like Kula below - isn´t she supposed to be a pretty young teenager?):

IMO I find they good

quote:

Hiroaki is good drawing characters like K´ and Iori, the "bad-asses". Every time he has to draw K´and Kula together, it´s painful how much better and in-character K´ looks compared to Kula. Hiroaki is by far my favorite SNK artist, but that doesn´t make me blind to his problems, you kow.

This is what we're talking about since a bit time, Our taste...
[quoye]
Shinkiro is good at drawing the more "normal" characters, like King, Clark. His (and Hiroaki´s) freaks or up-beat, "happy" characters don´t look right at all. It´s just like when Shinkiro makes a Metal Slug illustration. It doesn´t work.

I disagree, his freak are nice, nobody drawn Lin as good so far, and the MS arts works for me, even if her I should say that Falcoon's art would be better.

quote:

Can you tell me the link between my nickname and the subject??
2nd Naruto is a Manga at first, And as a Manga fan I like it, the anime version is bullshit to me....

quote:

Anyway, I can tell you that Naruto is just too special about his likes and dislikes. If he likes certain artist, or if he has a certain fixed idea of how a 3D fighter should be, there's NO WAY IN HELL you or anyone could change his opinion.

Well you can change it, BUT with a lots of evidences and a lots of time...^ ^
quote:

His arguments won't often be valid, but that doesn't matter: his idea is the correct one.

No valid?? how dare you?
quote:

That said, he usually express those ideas without bothering anyone, so you don't have to take it as if it were a personal issue. I particulary agree with you in this argument, but that last part just was unnecessary, I think.

Well IMO this is what the BBS is for, talking about our taste about game and stuff.
IMO I won't be sad or more happy if some agrees or not with me, it's just about giving my opinion on a subjet in order to make it "move". Thanks for taking this like it.
quote:

True! but IMO that's what I'm liking.

IkariDC
339th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):King Of Fighters XI ?" , posted Sat 7 May 18:44post reply

quote:

(and that´s without counting Shinkiro´s "Mark Dacascos everywhere" problem)

Yesterday I got the "KOF 10th Anniversary Evolution" artbook, and while I was looking it with some friends, one of them spoted a Dacascos similarity in one of Shinkiro's Kyo illustration. It's funny you're talking about it, cos it's the first time I get to know of that issue!