new Grandia III trailer! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3483 Views )

Maou
606th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms!" , posted Mon 2 May 02:42:post reply

A trailer for Grandia III was posted in its Special section, as RPGFan mentioned, and the Info section confirms Iwadare is the composer for sure, though it was pretty obvious from the sample pieces already (his webpage said the same).

Hooray! I have a zeal for Game Arts RPG's that rivals Iggy and SaGa, so I'm pretty excited, and I like the sound of Yuuki, and of Emelious, who sounds by his description to be a thematic reverse of Game Arts' traditional free will humanism message.

EDIT: MUCH more importantly, IGN actually reported something useful-

"Perhaps for the first time ever in an RPG (correct us if we're wrong), the main character will be able to fight alongside his mom in battle. Miranda uses as her weapon of choice a pair of daggers."

Finally, an RPG hero who not only has parents but a parent who can wail on enemies!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 2 May 03:07]

Replies:

Syo
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Mon 2 May 05:03post reply

quote:
"Perhaps for the first time ever in an RPG (correct us if we're wrong), the main character will be able to fight alongside his mom in battle. Miranda uses as her weapon of choice a pair of daggers."

Finally, an RPG hero who not only has parents but a parent who can wail on enemies!

What about the family you get in Chrono Cross? Korcha (spelling?), Macha (?), and the Chef..?

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Spoon
928th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Mon 2 May 05:22post reply

quote:

And I'm sure that fighting alongside her for so many battles will surely build a smouldering, incestuous lust for her in the main character.

Maou
608th Post

"Re(2):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Mon 2 May 05:24post reply

quote:

What about the family you get in Chrono Cross? Korcha (spelling?), Macha (?), and the Chef..?

Blast, you're right. But since I hated most of the Chrono Cross characters except Kid and Karsh, I've decided to exclude them from the Official History of Fighting RPG Moms.

Syo
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Mon 2 May 18:51post reply

quote:

Blast, you're right. But since I hated most of the Chrono Cross characters except Kid and Karsh, I've decided to exclude them from the Official History of Fighting RPG Moms.

You know, I also just remembered that in Chrono Cross, Serge (your character) can also get his mother to join his party..!

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Maou
609th Post

"Re(4):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Tue 3 May 02:18post reply

Grrr, to think a glorious topic about Grandia would be dogged by my hated enemy, Chrono Cross! Meanwhile, Serge's mom (if he had a mom, I don't recall) doesn't join you...maybe you were thinking of that girl Rena who fought with a frying pan.

I like the looks of Grandia's backgrounds, a lot...if the power of Square can give me graphics like this while keeping the usual staff, I'm pretty excited.

Mokona
250th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Tue 3 May 03:01post reply

quote:

I still don't see why anyone should give a shit about it...

The game looks nice, though, I'll have to play at least Grandia II on my DC before getting this one.

Blah!

Maou
610th Post

"Re(2):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Tue 3 May 03:43post reply

Up next, Raining on My Parade, Lesson One. You're not drawn to fighting matrons, and more importantly, to breaking the lame RPG stereotype of parentless heroes? Come on, I know you are.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3394th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Grandia III trailer plus fighting MILFs" , posted Tue 3 May 04:56post reply

quote:
and more importantly, to breaking the lame RPG stereotype of parentless heroes?

haha i thought i was the only one. RPGs aside, look at anime. how many times have i thought to myself "where the fuck's your parents, kid?" usually, they avoid the subject, but most of the time they're conveniently killed due to war or mysterious causes

doesn't happen all the time but still way too often. punk teens wouldn't be causing so much trouble if their parents weren't such deadbeats

exodus
2626th Post

"Re(3):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Tue 3 May 05:01post reply

quote:
You're not drawn to fighting matrons, and more importantly, to breaking the lame RPG stereotype of parentless heroes?

??
Falcom's Legend of Heroes 3, both had parents
Grandia
uh...mother 1 and 2.

Maou
611th Post

"Re(4):Grandia III trailer plus fighting MILFs" , posted Tue 3 May 06:23post reply

quote:

punk teens wouldn't be causing so much trouble if their parents weren't such deadbeats

Gahaha, and I like the idea of a new RPG backstory: past tragedy because of strict parents who didn't let their kids go save the world like they obviously needed to.

Exodous...yeah, I'll extend the archtype from 'parentless' heroes to 'parentless' heroes/heroes with parents who have no agency. At last in the Lunar series, the heroes' parents were former adventurers themselves and enjoyed seeing their kids go off on improbably dangerous quests to save the world. Most RPG parents don't seem to notice their kids boarding airships and wielding dangerous ancient technology, if they're even around/living. Tsk tsk.

I like the "asskicking mom" idea so much already, and can identify with the kind of hero who has a family that'll inspire him a lot more. "No dinner till you've killed at least one ancient evil!"

exodus
2627th Post

"Re(4):Grandia III trailer plus fighting MILFs" , posted Tue 3 May 06:30post reply

quote:
punk teens wouldn't be causing so much trouble if their parents weren't such deadbeats

Or so dead.

Now your title has me thinking of a Sexy Losers RPG. Has there ever been a US-made hentai? I could see scripting a Sexy Losers OVA series.

Hmmm...now to find funding.

shindekudasai
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Tue 3 May 06:59post reply

quote:
You're not drawn to fighting matrons, and more importantly, to breaking the lame RPG stereotype of parentless heroes?

??
Falcom's Legend of Heroes 3, both had parents
Grandia
uh...mother 1 and 2.

Falcom .. they did Legacy of the Wizard, right? There were parents in that game. Playable ones.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Amakusa
610th Post

"Re(5):Grandia III trailer, plus fighting moms" , posted Tue 3 May 23:46post reply

quote:

Falcom .. they did Legacy of the Wizard, right? There were parents in that game. Playable ones.

Yes they did, but then you would get into the discussion of whether or not it's an RPG.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."