Newly released anime?? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2917 Views )

Yobyvan
1th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Newly released anime??" , posted Sat 30 Apr 16:06post reply

Does anybody here know any newly released anime that is fun or good to watch besides Eyeshield 21, Mar, Yakitate!JAPAN!, and Basilisk??

Replies:

rid
6598th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Newly released anime??" , posted Sat 30 Apr 21:09post reply

quote:
Does anybody here know any newly released anime that is fun or good to watch besides Eyeshield 21, Mar, Yakitate!JAPAN!, and Basilisk??

The first episode of Futakoi Alternative was excellent, but I don't know if it'll keep the quality. On the other hand, the first episode of He is my Master was boring and slow sadly, not as good as the manga.

Izek
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Newly released anime??" , posted Sun 1 May 14:52post reply

Speed Grapher (3 eps subbed so far): It seems pretty original, VERY mature though. Reminds me of the whole Eyes Wide Shut thing, the secret elite group and all. Visually its very impressive and the soundtrack rocks (imo anyway).

Pollyanna
1068th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Newly released anime??" , posted Sun 1 May 15:08post reply

Ah, yeah...I really love Speed Grapher so far. It's the best show these season for sure.

Heheh...but I think the soundtrack is totally awful and inappropriate. It's the only thing I don't like about the show.

Ganguro
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Newly released anime??" , posted Sun 1 May 15:58post reply

What about Tsubasa Chronicles, if Clamp and CCS is your thing..

JoJo continually pulls off impossible stunts such as blocking bullets or stabbing a vampire's eyes out with his toes. Eventually after saving the world in a battle that involves a volcano a Nazi cyborg and a B-52 bomber Joseph marries Susie Q. and retires from adventuring.

Pollyanna
1070th Post

"Re(2):Newly released anime??" , posted Sun 1 May 16:41post reply

Oh, I forgot about Eureka 7. It's very pretty. Great character designs, solid direction, beautiful backgrounds...and then fucking surfing robots that nearly ruin it all. Nearly. But then again, maybe I'm speaking too soon.

Digitalboy
184th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Newly released anime??" , posted Sun 1 May 18:54post reply

What's Speed Grapher about? Can anyone go into more detail?

Pollyanna
1071th Post

"Re(4):Newly released anime??" , posted Sun 1 May 19:20post reply

quote:

Really...REALLY...if you're going to get into Speed Grapher, don't look it up, just let it surprise you. Telling you anything about it would do a disservice to the show. It's in the near future, it's weird and it's shocking.

I hope it doesn't fall apart soon.

tenguman
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Newly released anime??" , posted Mon 2 May 00:22post reply

quote:

There's Sousei no Aquarion, if your into the mech thing.
I'm watching Onmyou Taisenki too, but that's a litte bit of an old anime already.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

kurushimi
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Newly released anime??" , posted Mon 2 May 00:54post reply

quote:

Really...REALLY...if you're going to get into Speed Grapher, don't look it up, just let it surprise you. Telling you anything about it would do a disservice to the show. It's in the near future, it's weird and it's shocking.

I hope it doesn't fall apart soon.

If anything, I give it points for using Duran Duran as the OP - such an appropriate song.

As for some other mainstream shows:

Tsubasa Chronicle - Clamp fans will eat this up as usual, but if you're not familiar with their previous series, it'll prolly come off as just another shounen type series. Nothing necessarily wrong with that though, and Yuki Kaijira music's always a plus.

Eureka 7 - I'm not sure what to make of this yet. Since it's done by Studio Bones, the production values are great, but like Pollyana said - it's surfing robots. Seems to be catered to a younger crowd, but it may pick up.

Sousei no Aquarion - Blatant cheese, with the standard religious imagery combined with 3D CG mecha. The literally orgasm-inducing combining sequences almost make it worth watching though.

Basilisk - an adaptation of a novel, it has a definite Ninja Scroll feel to it, which means the masses will eat it up if and when it gets licensed.

DarkZero
1219th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Newly released anime??" , posted Mon 2 May 08:46post reply

quote:
Sousei no Aquarion - Blatant cheese, with the standard religious imagery combined with 3D CG mecha. The literally orgasm-inducing combining sequences almost make it worth watching though.

Is this show as much like Godannar as it sounds, or does it just have all of the fanservice and none of the other things that made Godannar a fun show?

Also, has anyone seen Trinity Blood? Does it suck?

Pollyanna
1073th Post

"Re(7):Newly released anime??" , posted Mon 2 May 09:22post reply

quote:

Also, has anyone seen Trinity Blood? Does it suck?

Well, the manga was prettier and I thought it was lame, but I don't like vampire stuff.

kurushimi
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Newly released anime??" , posted Mon 2 May 10:51post reply

quote:

Is this show as much like Godannar as it sounds, or does it just have all of the fanservice and none of the other things that made Godannar a fun show?

Having just come off of seeing episode 3, I actually don't quite know the answer to that. Earlier I would've said that the one thing that separates Aquarion from Goddannar is that the latter is firmly tongue-in-cheek, which is what makes it fun.

There are things in Aquarion though, that the director MUST know couldn't be taken seriously. I'm really confused now as to whether he's going for a parody or not. I'll prolly stick with it to see how far they'll take the ridiculousness.

Iggy
6429th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Newly released anime??" , posted Mon 2 May 17:19post reply

quote:
Ah, yeah...I really love Speed Grapher so far. It's the best show these season for sure.

Ah, I tried the four first episodes yesterday, I'm surprised. Well, it's Gonzo, so I don't know where it will go, but I will follow this with curiosity.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Taa kun
500th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Newly released anime??" , posted Tue 3 May 00:12post reply

quote:

There are things in Aquarion though, that the director MUST know couldn't be taken seriously. I'm really confused now as to whether he's going for a parody or not. I'll prolly stick with it to see how far they'll take the ridiculousness.

Isn't the animated Aquarion another big marketing product, a promotion for the game of the same name (like .Hack//sign) ?
The first pictures of the game look like a mix between Virtual On and Z.O.E. Anubis.

By the way, Trinity Blood replaces Girls Bravo 2nd season... fanservice ?

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Yobyvan
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Newly released anime??" , posted Tue 3 May 08:33post reply

quote:
The first episode of Futakoi Alternative was excellent, but I don't know if it'll keep the quality. On the other hand, the first episode of He is my Master was boring and slow sadly, not as good as the manga.

I recently just finished watching Futakoi and Futakoi Alternative. I recognized most of the characters from Futakoi Alternative from the original Futakoi although the story is waaaay too far from the original. It's a good thing that i watched the original futakoi first before Futakoi Alternative or I would probably really get bored if i did it the other way around.

And Naruto The Movie ROCKS!

12 max mentol 11 stork candy 10 chupa chups 9 tortillas chippy 8 pancit canton 7 Magi noodles6 hamonado... 5 long credit list..... 4 pandesal 3 Chocobot 2 Nano-Nano and a Sofdrinks in a plastic!" WIDTH=256 HEIGHT=96>

threesixtee
863th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Newly released anime??" , posted Wed 4 May 06:07post reply

I don't think I'm going to watch the tsuabasa anime. I love clamp and all, but seriously, the first volume of the manga put me to sleep (I ended up giving the book to a friend who was also reading XXXHolic, so he could connect both stories) - speaking of which, is holic getting animated?

anyway, I've been watching eyeshield (first 2 eps, but I had to switch sub groups since C1 seems to have stopped already) - seems like good fun. I'm a big football (american) fan, so I thought the show'd be good on that alone. plus, since it took prince of tennis's old timeslot, it just HAD to be good right?

Yobyvan
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Newly released anime??" , posted Thu 12 May 07:26post reply

WOOHOO!!! Eyeshield 21 eps 5 is out!!! I'm still dl it though.. i can't wait to see the match between the White Knights and the Devil Bats!

And yeah.. there's this one anime you guys should try to watch too. It's MARchen Awakens Romance. THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE ANIME... welll so far it isn't but if you guys like fantasy type anime, this one might interest you.

12 max mentol 11 stork candy 10 chupa chups 9 tortillas chippy 8 pancit canton 7 Magi noodles6 hamonado... 5 long credit list..... 4 pandesal 3 Chocobot 2 Nano-Nano and a Sofdrinks in a plastic!" WIDTH=256 HEIGHT=96>

Magus Darkstar
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Newly released anime??" , posted Thu 12 May 08:59post reply

quote:
speaking of which, is holic getting animated?

There's a movie coming out.

| Darkstar Okonomiyaki | Mitsuketa! Japanese Lyrics |

Catalyst
44th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Newly released anime??" , posted Thu 12 May 14:00post reply

quote:

I watched the first three of Basilisk, I thought the story was pretty interesting though it was somewhat hard to grasp at first. All the information piles on at one time. The character designs are pretty interesting. I'm not too good with voice actors but some of them sound pretty familiar, Yashamaru sounds like Gaara from Naruto.

Hm, I wouldn't know directly compare this to ninja scroll but it seems pretty nice. They have some familiar names in the anime such as Tokugawa Ieyasu and Hanzo Hattori. Other than that its kinda like a half love story half war story since the main characters Gennosuke and Oboro are repeating what their elders did in the past which was to fall in love.

The intro music is pretty good as well as the ending credits theme too.

tenguman
184th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Newly released anime??" , posted Fri 13 May 04:23post reply

quote:

I watched the first three of Basilisk, I thought the story was pretty interesting though it was somewhat hard to grasp at first. All the information piles on at one time. The character designs are pretty interesting. I'm not too good with voice actors but some of them sound pretty familiar, Yashamaru sounds like Gaara from Naruto.

Hm, I wouldn't know directly compare this to ninja scroll but it seems pretty nice. They have some familiar names in the anime such as Tokugawa Ieyasu and Hanzo Hattori. Other than that its kinda like a half love story half war story since the main characters Gennosuke and Oboro are repeating what their elders did in the past which was to fall in love.

The thing is, and I just discovered it these days, Yamada Fuutarou, the writer of the original work Kouga Ninpouchou (the subtitle for Basilisk) is the same one who wrote Makai Tensho (Ninja Ressurection).

So, any similarities are not coincidences.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Yobyvan
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Newly released anime??" , posted Fri 13 May 12:43post reply

quote:

The fighting music os pretty cool too. It's like Naruto's fighting BGM but a bit more serious.