More settei=always good.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Replies:

Ishmael
1976th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:29post reply

It looks like Astaroth was out in the sun too long. Hopefully in NxC you can team up tomato Astaroth with the bright pink Zangief from SF2HF. I'm not sure what to make of the thong and orange garters on Voldo other than that his color coordination is getting even worse as the games go by.

Fuchikoma
1274th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:34post reply

Okaaay... Astaroth got a major case of sunburn and Raphael turned into a vampire... makes sense to me.

Nate
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 02:22post reply

quote:
Okaaay... Astaroth got a major case of sunburn and Raphael turned into a vampire... makes sense to me.

I heard Raphael won the last game, too. Weird. Astaroth isn't so bad but I guess they were too lazy to change his outfit much so they figured skin wouldn't be as hard.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Maou
595th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 03:09post reply

quote:
tomato Astaroth with the bright pink Zangief from SF2HF.

Heheh, and I also like how Voldo's outfit is even more literally asstastic than last time, hilarious. I kind of thought Raphael would look more evil than he did after SC2's ending, thought Soul Edge would become a longer rapier for him or something, but looks like he just went evil and lost it Chump.

Also, go to the Soul Archive character section for truly funny CG art of Cassandra that reaffirms her place as a much uglier version of Sophitia in ways that the hand-done art does not. Excellent.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Spoon
921th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 04:51post reply

quote:

Also, go to the Soul Archive character section for truly funny CG art of Cassandra that reaffirms her place as a much uglier version of Sophitia in ways that the hand-done art does not. Excellent.

Where's it?
I see only new face, new face, new face, Mitsurugi, Taki and like one other person.

Gojira
1696th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 05:05post reply

quote:

Where's it?
I see only new face, new face, new face, Mitsurugi, Taki and like one other person.

Maybe you need to reload the flash. I can see ten characters there.

And wow, Cassandra "lost weight recently". Good for her.

Off with your nose

exodus
2616th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 05:23post reply

seems like the costume choices for some of these girls are a bit impractical.

Pollyanna
1057th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(6):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 05:42post reply

I love Cassandra for her relative ugliness...and craziness.

Maou
599th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 05:55post reply

Impractical outfits? Her rings probably just shreaded her shirt, and I like this new Ivy in white. Voldo is far more impractical than they are, in a delightfully untraditional development.
quote:
I love Cassandra for her relative ugliness...and craziness.

Heheh, then you're in luck, because that SC3 render of poor Cassandra's face takes クソ婆 to new heights (she was fine in SC2). At least she's speedy. Her new, handdrawn illustration actually seems bulkier and makes me think they could make her look cool in the "Chun-Li womanly thighs" kind of way, but that could just be my imagination.

Burning Ranger
1187th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 06:03post reply

quote:
Oh ! Ivy is in it !
What a surprise.

More settei=always good.

I like Ivy's look, but she's starting to show her age (look at her lower body--cottage cheese!).

Still, not much new in this update, just returning characters and then some more shots. I just hope the game is good and fun. Not like the other one wasn't.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Maou
600th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 06:35post reply

quote:

I like Ivy's look, but she's starting to show her age (look at her lower body--cottage cheese!).

Hahahah, I don't know about that, though I swear she's more top-heavy than before, if possible. Ouch. I'm excited about new stages most of all, and hoping there's the variety in backgrouns like SC1...I really like the looks of those watery and wooden levels, reminds me of the rainy harbor I liked in 1.

Sano
1727th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 08:04post reply

Waaaah! I still don't see Dante in this game! Cursed false rumors...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Minuteman
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 08:41post reply

Yes, nice, very nice. Very glad to see Raph getting a meaner makeover, he's my main fighter in SC2.

As some noted, the backgrounds are looking real positive. I like the ship on fire and also the waterfalls/wooden houses/water wheel one.

I didn't think I'd buy this game, but more and more I want it.

Evenor
180th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 08:42:post reply

I am a little dissapointed with Voldo's new outfit. They should have given him a penis gourd or something.

So far , the only new character I like is that lady with the umbrella. I dont like that hulla-hoop girl because she gives off a "unreal championship + peter pan" vibe.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Fri 29 Apr 08:44]

Maou
601th Post

"Re(4):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 09:24post reply

quote:
Waaaah! I still don't see Dante in this game! Cursed false rumors...

Nope, the producer (or was it the director) said in the fake Watcher-tan interview, absolutely no guest characters, thankfully. Stupid Necrid and the console-specific guys really cheapened the atmosphere, for me at least. Especially since time should have been spent making a normal Siegfried and...ROCK! ...well, maybe not Rock.

NARUTO
3019th Post

"Re(5):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 18:25post reply

Still waiting for Yoshimitsu to pops out....

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Pollyanna
1061th Post

"Re(5):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Fri 29 Apr 19:27post reply

quote:
Stupid Necrid and the console-specific guys really cheapened the atmosphere, for me at least. Especially since time should have been spent making a normal Siegfried and...ROCK! ...well, maybe not Rock.

Since I can't stand the designs of the new characters (I don't care for many of hte old ones) I'd be happier if the game was nothing but guest characters (and Cassandra...and maybe Ivy, though I don't care for her much, either). THough I do agree that genuine effort towards what the game should have beats novelty.

Ahhh...but the home ports of Soul games always have the best novelty stuff. I didn't even LIKE SC that much, but it had so much to do that I couldn't help but play it for months.

I'm trying NOT to say that I just want a novelty game, but it's just not happening.

Maou
604th Post

"Re(6):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Sat 30 Apr 00:59post reply

quote:
I'd be happier if the game was nothing but guest characters (and Cassandra...and maybe Ivy, though I don't care for her much, either).

Hmm...so you mostly just like the game for, ah, fun home features? ... ... I don't suppose I could get you to play through my stupid edge master mode this time around? I always wondered if there was someone who enjoyed going through those 50-square maps in SC2's dungeon levels, and to think it was mild-mannered Pollyanna! Spooky. Also, don't like any of the characters? I think your rejection of Ivy may be hiding shame for a deeper love of the Rock. It's fine though, we don't judge.

KoOkyKyoji
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Sat 30 Apr 06:08post reply

Ummm http://www.soularchive.jp/tmr/soulcalibur/calichar2.htm

I don't remember that Mitsu palette swap in ANY version of SC. =x

Juan
4136th Post

"Re(8):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Sat 30 Apr 06:16:post reply

Arthur is the censored version of Mitsurugi. Displaying samurai in some countries is illegal, or something crazy like that. They had the Arthurugi version in a bowling alley near my place a while back.

I know they wont have guest characters, but wasnt the game supposed to have a character creation mode? I'd take that over the guest characters.

Edit: hoola hoop girl

OF

DEATH

quote:
Ummm http://www.soularchive.jp/tmr/soulcalibur/calichar2.htm

I don't remember that Mitsu palette swap in ANY version of SC. =x

STFU

[this message was edited by Juan on Sat 30 Apr 06:28]

Pollyanna
1062th Post

"Re(7):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Sat 30 Apr 06:48post reply

quote:

Hmm...so you mostly just like the game for, ah, fun home features? ... ... I don't suppose I could get you to play through my stupid edge master mode this time around?

Also, don't like any of the characters? I think your rejection of Ivy may be hiding shame for a deeper love of the Rock. It's fine though, we don't judge.

I'll take Rock back if he has his old Soul Edge render. Ivy just isn't my style, but that doesn't mean she's not kinda cool.

The thing with SC is I think it's fun, but I don't think it's an extraordinarily great 3D fighter. That is to say, it's not good enough for me to keep playing for a long time if I don't have anything to earn for it. The home ports tend to give me so many things to do that I can't help but do them.

kurushimi
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Sat 30 Apr 11:00post reply

quote:

I'll take Rock back if he has his old Soul Edge render. Ivy just isn't my style, but that doesn't mean she's not kinda cool.

The thing with SC is I think it's fun, but I don't think it's an extraordinarily great 3D fighter. That is to say, it's not good enough for me to keep playing for a long time if I don't have anything to earn for it. The home ports tend to give me so many things to do that I can't help but do them.

On that note, the castle invasion mode planned for this version looks to be pretty fun, although from the screens I don't know if it'll play more RTS a la Warcraft III, or more like the Musou style games.

Hmmm, I hope Xiang Hua is included in this roster - I always liked her outfits.

(Of course, I expect Polyanna now to remark how ugly she is too :P)

Pollyanna
1067th Post

"Re(9):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Sat 30 Apr 13:58post reply

quote:

Hmmm, I hope Xiang Hua is included in this roster - I always liked her outfits.

(Of course, I expect Polyanna now to remark how ugly she is too :P)

Hahaha...no, she's cute, and I like her costumes, too. I liked her home port exclusive black dress in SC2, but it ended up looking cheap, since it was just sort of...painted on her.

If they exclude characters from before, this game wil be a total waste. Since it already doesn't look any better than the last game, they can't afford to be lazy.

Toxico
4066th Post

"Re(10):More Soulcalibur 3" , posted Sun 1 May 07:16post reply

quote:

If they exclude characters from before, this game wil be a total waste. Since it already doesn't look any better than the last game, they can't afford to be lazy.

I stand in this side too; until te staff officially says 'some characters won't return' there is no true motive to suspect that someone will be left out.... Namco is becoming the type of company that always gets you your characters; wheiter you like them or not.

See??? He is a God...

Iggy
6427th Post

"Template" , posted Mon 2 May 04:14:post reply

Since I can't find a template, I'll make one myself. That's what blogs are for.

Confirmed :
Zasalamel, Tira, Setsuka
Cassandra, Raphael, Astaroth, Ivy, Nightmare, Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Taki, Voldo, Cervantes.
Sophitia and Rock are extremely likely according to Cassandra and Astaroth's settei.
Total : 15, if Siegfried and Nightmare are different.

10 characters left, including :
Talim, one of the two koreans, Xianghua, Maxi, Kilik, Yoshimitsu, Seung Mi Na, a mokujin character (Edgemaster/Charade), Lizard man... that's 9.

Am I missing anyone ?
Ah, and Inferno or the boss if they change him. No Li Long?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 2 May 04:47]

Maou
606th Post

"Re(1):Template" , posted Mon 2 May 04:42post reply

quote:

Talim, one of the two koreans, Xianhua, Maxi, Kilik, Yoshimitsu, Song mina, a mokujin character (Edgemaster/Charade), Lizard man

That should do it! If a new chara like Raphael made it, a new chara like Talim who is apparently very popular almost certainly will. If the usual hero crew of Xiangua/Maxi/Kilik don't make it, I shall eat my hat. I bet everyone's in it, in fact, except maybe the questionable Lizardman (Lizard fans, voice your opposition here so I can laugh), and possibly normal Siegfried, whose absence made me made in SC2. I want vertical chop down, vertical chop down, vertical slice up back!

Lilong...didn't he already die in Soul Edge? I think he's outta luck.

Iggy
6427th Post

"Re(2):Template" , posted Mon 2 May 04:50post reply

quote:
the questionable Lizardman (Lizard fans, voice your opposition here so I can laugh)

I'm a fan of Aeon Calcos. If there is a lizard man, I hope it's him and not the mundane one of Calibur 2.
The fact the lizard man of Calibur 2 was a mere zako is the real reason the game sucked.

quote:
Lilong...didn't he already die in Soul Edge? I think he's outta luck.
The text adventure stated he's alive in the Xianghua Hen.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Maou
607th Post

"Re(3):Template" , posted Mon 2 May 05:14post reply

quote:

The fact the lizard man of Calibur 2 was a mere zako is the real reason the game sucked.

He definitely was zako, to the extreme, enough so that he wasn't even playable in my version. But you haven't proven your love enthusiastically enough. I need a Lizardman fan page.

...text adventure?