Original message (4086 Views )

exodus
2604th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 05:56post reply

OH MY JESUS GOD.

I need a new pair of pants.

I am so freaking excited. I haven't been this excited about a game coming out since uhhhhhhhh hmm. Maybe Shining Force III.

I mean...wow.
Talk about solid games. And such FULL games, too! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I WANT IT RIGHT NOW.

Jesus. I think I'm gonna explode. I never get this excited. Or...apparently I do.

Replies:

Pollyanna
1049th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 06:27post reply

I'm not a big fan of a lot of these games, but I'm still excited to see a decent collection of games for once. Normally you only get this many games when they're Atari quality. But then again, making a collection like this is free money for a company and Taito needs it.

exodus
2605th Post

"Re(2):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 06:39post reply

Yeah, they do. They'll have to branch into the US market if they're going to survive...

Anyway, I AM a big fan of almost all of these games, so...yeah. I'm seriously excited.

Juan
4127th Post

"Re(1):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 06:42post reply

quote:

Runark [Growl]

I am sold-

STFU

exodus
2607th Post

"Re(2):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 06:47post reply

quote:

I am sold-

YEAH - TO THE CIRCUSLOLZOMG

for me, pulirula, puchi carat, elevator action returns, Cleopatra Fortune, rastan, kiki kikai and darius gaiden are pure gold. Most of those sell for a premium on ebay in their saturn or PSOne versions. darius gaiden is cheap cause it was released in the US...

But yeah, this is a great chance to get all of those for a decent price. I hope to all that's holy and unholy (both!) that the ports are done well.

Grave
903th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 08:03post reply

Shit, I would pay $50 for Elevator Action Returns alone, but there's a ton of good games here. This is an amazing collection, and it needs to come here or I will be forced to punch people uncontrollably.

Click
579th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 11:32post reply

That's fucked.

That's potentially a few years worth of gameplay on one disc.

Pulirula. I want to play that.

Red Falcon
5455th Post

"Re(1):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 12:41post reply

Holy SHIT that's a good collection. Has Bonze Adventure on it too.. I've been trying to get a PCB of that for a while without any luck!

Best site EVER:Link Here

Iggy
6399th Post

"Re(2):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 16:39:post reply

Speaking of list, a Tecmo arcade collection or something is also going to be released, I don't remember what's in it, but there was at least Solomon's Key and Argos no senshi.
Solomon's key or Darius Gaiden ? Darius Gaiden or Argos ?
BOTH ?
Hummmmmmm.

EDIT : exodus : have you got my answer or am I junk as well ?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 28 Apr 17:19]

Pollyanna
1055th Post

"Re(3):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Thu 28 Apr 16:46post reply

Yeah, the Tecmo one looked lame after the Taito collection was announced, even though Argos no Senshi/Rygar is one of my favorite arcade games ever. It's so...fast and intense. It was reason enough to buy a Lynx for me, though Ninja Gaiden helped.

Ishmael
1975th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:02post reply

quote:
Shit, I would pay $50 for Elevator Action Returns alone, but there's a ton of good games here. This is an amazing collection, and it needs to come here or I will be forced to punch people uncontrollably.

This does need to make it out of Japan if for no other reason than to re-introduce players to a game where you can attack people with a rocket launcher for trying to steal a giraffe.

exodus
2612th Post

"Re(2):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:12post reply

quote:
Holy SHIT that's a good collection.

yeah, I'm really excited.
And incidentally, I'm about 94.56% sure that this game will come to the US.

Spoon
925th Post

"Re(3):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Fri 29 Apr 18:43:post reply

quote:
Holy SHIT that's a good collection.

yeah, I'm really excited.
And incidentally, I'm about 94.56% sure that this game will come to the US.

Alas, the dream of having Space Invaders '95 and Elevator Action Returns on the same disc is not to be.

Still awfully nice... Elevator Action Returns alone is awesome. To come with so many other games that are also good is, well, awfully nice.

Bubble Bobble and Elevator Action Returns together is already a first class co-op experience... THIS IS NOT A TRUE ENDING!!! omg those bastards!!!

[this message was edited by Spoon on Fri 29 Apr 18:45]

exodus
2617th Post

"Re(4):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Sat 30 Apr 00:57post reply

quote:

Bubble Bobble and Elevator Action Returns together is already a first class co-op experience... THIS IS NOT A TRUE ENDING!!! omg those bastards!!!

I got the true ending! SUCKA~!

Undead Fred
2343th Post

"Re(4):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Sat 30 Apr 10:52post reply

quote:
Bubble Bobble

NOW IT IS THE BEGINNING OF A FANTASTIC STORY! LET US MAKE A JOURNEY TO THE CAVE OF MONSTERS!

Bubble Bobble sounds good... never got to play the arcade version, though. And I had played arcade and NES Elevator Action, but not Returns... apparently I missed out. Too bad the original's not in the collection too... and if I remember right, didn't Taito do Operation Wolf? I'd love to see a light gun version of that...

Spoon
926th Post

"Re(5):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Sat 30 Apr 12:32post reply

quote:
Bubble Bobble
NOW IT IS THE BEGINNING OF A FANTASTIC STORY! LET US MAKE A JOURNEY TO THE CAVE OF MONSTERS!

Bubble Bobble sounds good... never got to play the arcade version, though. And I had played arcade and NES Elevator Action, but not Returns... apparently I missed out. Too bad the original's not in the collection too... and if I remember right, didn't Taito do Operation Wolf? I'd love to see a light gun version of that...

A lightgun version of Operation Wolf would destroy the intense enemy-prioritizing challenge that playing with a fixed-movement cursor creates.

...yeah, the game would probably be more fun with a lightgun.
But I dunno!

KaiketsuZubat
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Sat 30 Apr 14:17post reply

Needs Ninja Warriors... yeah the game's sorta eh, but god I love that music.. Daddy Mulk plays in my store at least once a day *lol*

"Waga shougai ni ippen no kuinashi!"

hikarutilmitt
317th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Sat 30 Apr 23:22post reply

quote:
A lightgun version of Operation Wolf would destroy the intense enemy-prioritizing challenge that playing with a fixed-movement cursor creates.

...yeah, the game would probably be more fun with a lightgun.
But I dunno!

Hehe, I wish the NES Zapper had worked as well for the game as the gun in the arcade had. Using the pad was okay, but it made the game a good deal harder in the process.

Kiki Kaikai, Metal Black and Darius Gaiden alone are worth this pakc. I'm impressed they didn't just rerelease DG instead of putting it on the compilation.

Ishmael
1979th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Sun 1 May 03:25post reply

Operation Wolf and Operation Thunderbolt both need to make it in.

quote:
Needs Ninja Warriors... yeah the game's sorta eh, but god I love that music.. Daddy Mulk plays in my store at least once a day *lol*

Didn't the arcade version of NW have three monitors? How on earth that would work as a home port is beyond me.

KaiketsuZubat
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Sun 1 May 09:03post reply

quote:
Operation Wolf and Operation Thunderbolt both need to make it in.

Didn't the arcade version of NW have three monitors? How on earth that would work as a home port is beyond me.

Very true... it's more of a wishful thinking really, I mean that, Darius, Darius II, and what, Warrior Blade? all used those multi screen setups... I mean I suppose you could just heavily letterbox it.. or give it the option to scale in and out like Darius II on the Saturn, but I think that'd be really goofy. So yeah, I don't think it'll make it unfortunately, but hey, maybe they'll surprise me. Maybe if they did Night Striker it'd make up for that.

exodus
2623th Post

"Re(4):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 01:17post reply

they could do the large screen ones with those wide HDTVs...

And anyway, you all realize there'll be a second comp, right? I'd be surprised if ninja warriors, new zealand story, rainbow islands and cadash weren't on there. I'm sure we'll get a few more nice shooters, too.

JJWE
475th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 03:10post reply

Ninja Warriors is exactly this wide:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/JJWE/ninjaw.png

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

exodus
2625th Post

"Re(6):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 04:44post reply

quote:

well, it played ok on the pc engine, so I'm not concerned.

KaiketsuZubat
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 08:33post reply

quote:

well, it played ok on the pc engine, so I'm not concerned.

True.. I'm just sad because I don't have a widescreen TV to play it on if they have support for it *lol* But yeah, a 2nd compilation will most likely have all that..

Exciting times, we are living, living in the 80's 80's 80's..

P.S.

We Still Fight.. fighting in the 80's 80's 80's...

Pollyanna
1080th Post

"Re(8):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 09:06post reply

quote:

True.. I'm just sad because I don't have a widescreen TV to play it on if they have support for it

No boy, no cry.

Spoon
930th Post

"Re(9):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 12:36post reply

quote:

True.. I'm just sad because I don't have a widescreen TV to play it on if they have support for it

No boy, no cry.

The fact that one other person and an allegedly female person both know the song Tough Boy brings me savage amounts of joy.

KEEEEEEP YOU BURNING

Pollyanna
1081th Post

"Re(10):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 12:44post reply

quote:

The fact that one other person and an allegedly female person both know the song Tough Boy brings me savage amounts of joy.

KEEEEEEP YOU BURNING

This is the number one song that my band wants to do right now, but we can only figure out the opening part. I'm not really into Hokuto no Ken as much as I'm into retro anime music, though.

KaiketsuZubat
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(10):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 13:54post reply

quote:

No boy, no cry.

KEEEEEEP YOU BURNING

Hell yeah, own 3 of the OST's even... and the Best Songs.. official no less, none of that SM bootlegs.. course I can't say the same for my DVD set of the TV series :( But I do have almost all the manga as well, just missing like 4 volumes... bout as frustrating to complete as it is trying to complete my Riki-Oh set, which I only need 2 more books >_<

Do Survive!

Spoon
931th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Taito Arcade Collection." , posted Tue 3 May 16:45post reply

quote:

KEEEEEEP YOU BURNING

This is the number one song that my band wants to do right now, but we can only figure out the opening part. I'm not really into Hokuto no Ken as much as I'm into retro anime music, though.

This is the most awesome thing I've heard today.