Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood AC - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4738 Views )

Iggy
6388th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood AC" , posted Tue 26 Apr 20:21:post reply

Melty Blood : From Arc, left, down, right, right, up, left, and push start with a good timing (?) = Neko Arc.

TRF2 : Greed and Hazama will be unlocked by the operator. Beatrice has the best name ever, must surely be very breasty and french, and can be unlocked by doing ↑↑↑↑→→↓↓↓↓←←↓ on Hazama.
This is great news, but unlocking all three hidden characters so fast after the release may mean the general income of the game has been too low. I hope not, but...
I really need to play TRF.
OK, just a few more days of Romamin, and I'll play TRF.

Edit : also, Ibara will be late of one month, and Nejibako will be betatested two days before the new SS.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 26 Apr 20:31]

Replies:

NARUTO
3017th Post

"Re(1):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Wed 27 Apr 20:40post reply

quote:
TRF2 : Beatrice has the best name ever, must surely be very breasty and french, and can be unlocked by doing ↑↑↑↑→→↓↓↓↓←←↓ on Hazama.

Breasty yes somehow, French, I don't know, but I'm glad to heard that she's playable, she have a nice design and some good looking moves...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

ZamIAm
1514th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Wed 4 May 12:16post reply

quote:
TRF2 : Beatrice has the best name ever, must surely be very breasty and french, and can be unlocked by doing ↑↑↑↑→→↓↓↓↓←←↓ on Hazama.

Breasty yes somehow, French, I don't know, but I'm glad to heard that she's playable, she have a nice design and some good looking moves...

It sucks that the "real" arcade in my area is closed. I enjoyed TRF and was looking forward to the sequel.

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

GrandC
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Wed 4 May 17:57post reply

Any pics of Beatrice?

Iggy
6444th Post

"Re(4):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Wed 4 May 19:02post reply

quote:
Any pics of Beatrice?

boobs

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Stifu
133th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Wed 4 May 23:51post reply

Looks like some outer space whore.
What about Greed and Azama ? Are they new characters or are any of them from the first game ?

tenguman
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Thu 5 May 01:48post reply

quote:
What about Greed and Azama ? Are they new characters or are any of them from the first game ?

From the first game.
Greed is the normal boss, and Hazama is the secret boss.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

kilvear
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Thu 5 May 09:47post reply

quote:
Melty Blood : From Arc, left, down, right, right, up, left, and push start with a good timing (?) = Neko Arc.

Dun quite get this. good timing? Or needs to be dip switch enabled?

Somebody cure me of RO fanboy sickness.

ZamIAm
1518th Post

"Re(5):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Thu 5 May 12:25post reply

quote:
Any pics of Beatrice?

boobs

Is this with armor damage? I ask because I though I had seen a picture of her wearing more (though it was still skintight)

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Iggy
6450th Post

"Re(2):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Thu 5 May 17:11post reply

quote:
Dun quite get this. good timing? Or needs to be dip switch enabled?

No, it's a code. The timing seems extremely precise (I don't know more, and to be honest, I didn't take the time to check because I don't care).

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
511th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Thu 5 May 17:41post reply

quote:

So true brother.Let me guess, when you beat the biatch, this, as in the tournament thing, whole shit is over?

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

sabo10
1150th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(7):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Fri 6 May 22:04post reply

I don`t think they gimped Beatrice as a playable character.

I`m no TRF2 master, but most noticeably, it seems as if she has a hell of a lot more HP (or defense) than all of the other characters.

Is anyone else banging a similar drum, or am I just stupid and missing an obvious weakness she has? If she really is so massively broken as I think, it`d explain why 2 out of 3 people like to pick her.

Iggy
6460th Post

"Re(8):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Fri 6 May 23:52:post reply

At least she's not a second kusoMito.
(but yeah, she's the next worst thing. Around/over Hazama-Zen-Kaya.)

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 7 May 07:00]

Nate
532th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Sat 7 May 00:23post reply

quote:
At least she's not a second kusoMito.
(but yeah, she's the next worth thing. Around/over Hazama-Zen-Kaya.)

Mito is scary and ugly and I mostly hate her.

SHE DOESN'T EVEN NEED THAT EYEPATCH.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Catalyst
43th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood " , posted Tue 10 May 01:29post reply

For anyone who is curious to see what Beatrice looks like she actually is wearing a suit
http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish2/boss_beatrice.html

before she blasting things things in space whore mode.

Greed kinda looks like Mitsuomi now from Tenjou Tenge with his hair cut shorter and this is probably my first time seeing Hazama, looks pretty interesting but normal none the less.

http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish2/character.html

sabo10
1152th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Tue 10 May 16:51:post reply

I don`t see why everyone says Mito is a cheap character. I like to use Mito, and I think she has plenty of drawbacks.

Her swiping stance is a joke. She doesn`t even have combos in it. Her qcf+p fireball takes about 20 years to come out, and can be dodged through. This move might as well be a taunt.

Her dragon punch uppercut move is good, when it connects, but if blocked, go ahead in sit back in your chair while your opponent delivers the most damaging combo he can think of in the 45 seconds it takes Mito to come back down to the ground. (And yes, this applies to the lp version. If you should try her sp version, the match just immediately ends because Mito flew into space and never came back.)

The normals in this stance are just goofy too. I tried her s.sp, the one where she swings her sword up in a giant arc with fire behind it. You`d think a move that looks like this would be good AA, but it traded against some retarded Zen jump-in normal for me, and I never tried the damn thing again.

In her poke stance, the qcf+p is only useable in the middle of a combo. You can`t even hit the guy with this thing, or you are at a frame disadvantage. Just forget about it, god forbid they should block this move.

Her only mean special is the qcb+p where she does a quick overhead crossup...and even this can`t be used as a combo starter. Even if you hit with it, and you land, Mito immediately has to go on the defensive, lest she be thrown.

All of her normals are basically jokes, and get stuffed by almost everything in the game.

She basically only has one way to start her BnB combo.

What? Are you going to cry about her j.sp poke? God forbid she have some way to defend herself in the air, seeing as how she has absolutely no AA in her poking stance.

I don`t see how Mito is a broken character in a game with guys like Aran, with quick, long range, hi priority moves that all cancel into his BnB...or guys like Orville with an unblockable AA throw that does 25% damage.

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Tue 10 May 16:57]

Fist Of Legend
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Tue 10 May 17:10:post reply

quote:
Any pics of Beatrice?

Some pics, taken from Arcadia, i made some time ago. ;)

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea1.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea2.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea3.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea4.jpg

Don't mess with the Legend !!!

[this message was edited by Fist Of Legend on Tue 10 May 17:13]

Iggy
6478th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Tue 10 May 17:52post reply

"Mito : easy guard break in batsu mode, easy guard crash in tsumi mode, CA too strong, O gauge gets full too fast, her boost is too abusable, BD, counter anti air>SK>anti air, SK>projectile>jolt...

She's a kamae character, so she needs time to be mastered, but if you use them both at full power, you have the upper hand in every possible situation. On the other hand, her kamae cancel kû cancel allows her to stay only in batsu mode.
".....to.

Also, she's fucking ugly.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Stifu
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Tue 10 May 18:32post reply

I'm wondering whether to buy this game or not... With 16 characters counting hidden characters, the roster has grown to a decent size. The only main drawback I can see, look wise, is the weird animation. (And maybe a few weird character designs... Hmmm, looking at the website, that Typhon guy looks like a kid version of Taizan O_o)

On the other hand, I wouldn't want The Rumble Fish 3 to be announced right when I buy the game...

Do you guys think this game is doing well enough in the arcades for Dimps to make an upgraded version of it ? (TRF2 Turbo, TRF3 or whatever)
Or should we wait and see how the PS2 port sells before speculating on this ?

Spoon
960th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Tue 10 May 18:35post reply

quote:
I'm wondering whether to buy this game or not... With 16 characters counting hidden characters, the roster has grown to a decent size. The only main drawback I can see, look wise, is the weird animation. (And maybe a few weird character designs... Hmmm, looking at the website, that Typhon guy looks like a kid version of Taizan O_o)

On the other hand, I wouldn't want The Rumble Fish 3 to be announced right when I buy the game...

Do you guys think this game is doing well enough in the arcades for Dimps to make an upgraded version of it ? (TRF2 Turbo, TRF3 or whatever)

There's no announcement of a TRF2 console port, so don't hold your breath.

If you can get TRF for cheap, it might be worth it. But I wouldn't pay any more than bargain game price for it.

Chupiler
900th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Wed 11 May 03:37post reply

quote:

The animation is a lot better than TRF1, if that's what you're comparing it to. By the sound of it, you sound like you're pondering whether to by the arcade version (for arcade purposes, I assume). It's a great game, but it seems very few give it a fair chance, so you might not have so many people playing unless you yourself do a lot of advocating for it (I got everyone I know hooked on it). It's also relatively cheap. I can get it for just under a grand, compared to Melty Blood's $1800.

くぁwせdrftgyふじこlp;

Chupiler
901th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Wed 11 May 03:44post reply

quote:
I don`t see why everyone says Mito is a cheap character. I like to use Mito, and I think she has plenty of drawbacks.

Her swiping stance is a joke. She doesn`t even have combos in it. Her qcf+p fireball takes about 20 years to come out, and can be dodged through. This move might as well be a taunt.

Her dragon punch uppercut move is good, when it connects, but if blocked, go ahead in sit back in your chair while your opponent delivers the most damaging combo he can think of in the 45 seconds it takes Mito to come back down to the ground. (And yes, this applies to the lp version. If you should try her sp version, the match just immediately ends because Mito flew into space and never came back.)

The normals in this stance are just goofy too. I tried her s.sp, the one where she swings her sword up in a giant arc with fire behind it. You`d think a move that looks like this would be good AA, but it traded against some retarded Zen jump-in normal for me, and I never tried the damn thing again.

In her poke stance, the qcf+p is only useable in the middle of a combo. You can`t even hit the guy with this thing, or you are at a frame disadvantage. Just forget about it, god forbid they should block this move.

Her only mean special is the qcb+p where she does a quick overhead crossup...and even this can`t be used as a combo starter. Even if you hit with it, and you land, Mito immediately has to go on the defensive, lest she be thrown.

All of her normals are basically jokes, and get stuffed by almost everything in the game.

She basically only has one way to start her BnB combo.

What? Are you going to cry about her j.sp poke? God forbid she have some way to defend herself in the air, seeing as how she has absolutely no AA in her poking stance.

I don`t see how Mito is a broken character in a game with guys like Aran, with quick, long range, hi priority moves that all cancel into his BnB...or guys like Orville with an unblockable AA throw that does 25% damage.

I agree. Mito is strong, but nothing close to overpowering. She doesn't ruin the balance of the game like all the KOFs.

Tsumi = strong, but not THAT strong. Strong against standard play, but can't be adjusted to fight different technique. Also, very susceptible to Impact Breaks.

Batsu = no OA meter means certain doom for her. Good at rushing, but weak as hell against being rushed herself. Also fairly susceptible to Impact Breaks.

I can still fight against her with all my characters, especially Orville. Oh, and Mito vs. Mito matches are some of the funnest matches I've had in awhile.

くぁwせdrftgyふじこlp;

Stifu
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Wed 11 May 06:00post reply

quote:
The animation is a lot better than TRF1, if that's what you're comparing it to. By the sound of it, you sound like you're pondering whether to by the arcade version (for arcade purposes, I assume). It's a great game, but it seems very few give it a fair chance, so you might not have so many people playing unless you yourself do a lot of advocating for it (I got everyone I know hooked on it). It's also relatively cheap. I can get it for just under a grand, compared to Melty Blood's $1800.

Hey, thanks for sharing your point of view.
I didn't notice the animation was much better... I saw a video of Lud doing some kind of wrestling throws (Zangief style), and I thought that looked quite awkward.
I was talking about the arcade version indeed, but not for "arcade purposes"... Just to play it at home and have fun with it with my bros and friends from time to time. Just like people would with a console game.

Chupiler
903th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Wed 11 May 11:14post reply

quote:
Hey, thanks for sharing your point of view.
I didn't notice the animation was much better... I saw a video of Lud doing some kind of wrestling throws (Zangief style), and I thought that looked quite awkward.
I was talking about the arcade version indeed, but not for "arcade purposes"... Just to play it at home and have fun with it with my bros and friends from time to time. Just like people would with a console game.

Seriously, I'd wait for a home version, unless you're willing to shell our a grand for the game (and I can't guarantee that it's the game for you). Of course, I'm pretty tempted to buy one myself, but I should patronize AI for getting it and get more people involved into the aracde scene. Plus, I feel that TRF2 will hit the PS2 quicker than TRF1 (TRF1 was just incredibly slow).

くぁwせdrftgyふじこlp;

Stifu
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Wed 11 May 15:55post reply

quote:
Seriously, I'd wait for a home version, unless you're willing to shell our a grand for the game (and I can't guarantee that it's the game for you). Of course, I'm pretty tempted to buy one myself, but I should patronize AI for getting it and get more people involved into the aracde scene. Plus, I feel that TRF2 will hit the PS2 quicker than TRF1 (TRF1 was just incredibly slow).

I have never owned a Sony console, and never will... :p
I don't have any "next gen" console anyway... And I didn't plan to pay a grand for the game, but to wait for prices to drop after a good while... No matter if it's loose and used.

Chupiler
904th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Thu 12 May 00:24post reply

quote:
I have never owned a Sony console, and never will... :p
I don't have any "next gen" console anyway... And I didn't plan to pay a grand for the game, but to wait for prices to drop after a good while... No matter if it's loose and used.

You'll probably have to wait quite awhile, depending on your target price range. The cheapest it'll get for the next year will be 500+, and that's counting on the price dropping significantly. It may be that it'll keep at the 1000 mark for a while.

くぁwせdrftgyふじこlp;

ZamIAm
1520th Post

"Re(5):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty Blood A" , posted Thu 12 May 01:06post reply

quote:
Any pics of Beatrice?

Some pics, taken from Arcadia, i made some time ago. ;)

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea1.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea2.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea3.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/arcadia60/rf2/bea4.jpg

She actually looks pretty snazzy in the suit.

Stifu
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):Hidden characters : TRF2, Melty" , posted Thu 12 May 16:33post reply

quote:
You'll probably have to wait quite awhile, depending on your target price range. The cheapest it'll get for the next year will be 500+, and that's counting on the price dropping significantly. It may be that it'll keep at the 1000 mark for a while.

Well, TRF1 has been released last year, yeah ? A full new kit of it sells for $500 now... I guess that used and loose, it would be much cheaper (maybe $300 max ?), if you can find that. Although I should probably take in consideration the release of TRF2 was likely to make the price of the first one drop...
I wish they'd sell games without the AW board to lower prices a bit...
Anyway, I'm not in a rush at all. SS AW will be my first purchase.