Gundam True Odyssey - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3382 Views )

Pollyanna
1044th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Gundam True Odyssey" , posted Tue 26 Apr 17:45post reply

When I heard there was an (original) Gundam RPG in the works I didn't care. When I found it that Akiman was doing the character designs, I got REALLY excited. When I saw that it has "old school" styled mobile suits, I decided to break my usual "silence" and start a topic. Here's the webpage.

http://g-rpg.com/index.html

Also, did anyone here play "One Year War" (the Project Pegasus, Namco one) for PS2? It was fun for...like...4 hours.

I really like old Gundam stuff....and Turn A Gundam, though I think everyone knows that already.

Replies:

Iggy
6384th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Gundam True Odyssey" , posted Tue 26 Apr 19:57post reply

Hehehe... ∀Gundam. Hehehehehe.

The one year war was one of the two mines that exploded in april with Tengai 3, or so was I told; you say it's actually enjoyable (even 4 hours)?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Pollyanna
1046th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Gundam True Odyssey" , posted Tue 26 Apr 20:15post reply

quote:

The one year war was one of the two mines that exploded in april with Tengai 3, or so was I told; you say it's actually enjoyable (even 4 hours)?

I'm sure people hated One Year War because it's SO SHORT and SO SIMPLISTIC, but the delivery really is quite good. It looks good, the music is AMAZING and the cut scenes are very well done. The levels, despite being short, simple and easy have a lot of variety, a lot of fan service and are a lot of fun. The gameplay is simplistic, but enjoyable.

I have to remark on the cinemas, because I play anime games sometimes and I never understand them. If you haven't seen the anime, you don't want to play the game...but if you HAVE seen the anime, why would you want to sit through long, poorly executed cinemas that bastardize the plot? In the case of One Year War, however, for the first time, I enjoyed the cinemas. They were pretty, didn't have too many stupid polygons (mostly character pictures), had awesome music and weren't too long.

I can't imagine a Gundam fan not enjoying the Jaburo level or the fight with Lala...but I CAN imagine a Gundam fan spending $70 on the game, finishing it in one sitting and saying "What the fuck is this shit? Thats IT!?!?"

I didn't buy the game, so I can say "those were 4 hours well spent".

war
200th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Gundam True Odyssey" , posted Wed 27 Apr 01:01post reply

Man, I was looking over the character designs and thought "wow, these are really odd, how do they fit in with the regular OYW timeline?" Then I looked at everything else on the site......durrr.

I'm hyped.

Spoon
907th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Gundam True Odyssey" , posted Wed 27 Apr 04:24post reply

quote:
Hehehe... ?Gundam. Hehehehehe.

TURN A TURN

omg i'm obsessed with that