Original message (6984 Views )

Stifu
111th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 17:27post reply

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/samurai_tenka/index.html

Would that be the SS AW ?
Something's happening the 30th of this month according to the site, a beta test maybe ?

Replies:

NARUTO
3017th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 18:10:post reply

quote:
Something's happening the 30th of this month according to the site, a beta test maybe ?

Yes, it says 04/30 Lock-test.
And the grey button that you can click on, will leads you to a lock-test mail service.

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

[this message was edited by NARUTO on Tue 26 Apr 19:04]

Iggy
6385th Post

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 20:01post reply

end of the month ? Tenkaichi kenkyakuden ? Banchô was right ?
I don't know what to believe anymore.
_| ̄|○モダメポ

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Stifu
112th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 20:09post reply

quote:
end of the month ? Tenkaichi kenkyakuden ? Banchô was right ?
I don't know what to believe anymore.
_| ̄|○モダメポ

What does the title mean ? O_o

Iggy
6387th Post

"Re(3):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 20:30post reply

quote:

Nothing interesting, really : "the story of the stronger swordman". Now that's an uninspired Imoya title that reads "dreammatch!".
What bugs me is that one of the rumors had "the title has the word "kenkyaku" in it", so now I'm all lost and miserable. It would be interesting to see if the rest of it was true.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
503th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Tue 26 Apr 21:12post reply

quote:

Nothing interesting, really : "the story of the stronger swordman". Now that's an uninspired Imoya title that reads "dreammatch!".
What bugs me is that one of the rumors had "the title has the word "kenkyaku" in it", so now I'm all lost and miserable. It would be interesting to see if the rest of it was true.

WOW, the latest loke test for Nejibako and the very first test for the new Samurai Shodown back-to-back starting this Thursday?
Well it is sure that the new KOF will be out after Nejibako and the new Samurai.
And Iggy-san, you're going to checking out both tests, am I right?

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

tenguman
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 23:48post reply

quote:

Is this artwork new?
Made by who?

And yes, Tenkaichi Kenkakuden is stupid.
BUT it would be just great if they made sprite versions of the NG64 games, even is it's just to change the looks of it.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Iggy
6388th Post

"Re(1):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 00:21post reply

quote:

Why are you reading my blog if you don't pay attention to the important happenings of my life ?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Ishmael
1970th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 01:56post reply

This game isn't just a rumor? Wow. As of right now I'm not sure what is fact and what isn't concerning this game but I am happy that the SS games have somehow made a comeback.

Stifu
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 02:02post reply

Here's hoping that this game is as different from Neowave as possible...

Fuchikoma
1268th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 02:11post reply

quote:

It should be, Neowave was done by Sammy... not SNK. Anyway I know I'm a fool to get my hopes up... but I'm still hoping this new SS will have completely new sprites and an updated look. The artwork on the page doesn't strike me as familiar... which is good and bad I guess... I was really hoping that Yuki would be doing this one...

Abster
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Wed 27 Apr 02:19post reply

Yes! A new SS game! I can't wait to see what the loke test brings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Cain Highwind
542th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 03:09post reply

quote:

It should be, Neowave was done by Sammy... not SNK. Anyway I know I'm a fool to get my hopes up... but I'm still hoping this new SS will have completely new sprites and an updated look. The artwork on the page doesn't strike me as familiar... which is good and bad I guess... I was really hoping that Yuki would be doing this one...

I thought Neowave was done by Noise Factory? Regardless, I don't know what to think until I see screens and info. On one hand I wouldn't mind seeing a Neowave like game just because I like the SS-style of sprites (of course with good backgrounds and gameplay). But then it looks like SNK is starting to use KOF-style sprites as a new standard with games like NBC and SvC.

I'm really looking forward to what they can do with the Atomiswave for the presentation, sprites aside.

Shingo The One
504th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 04:41post reply

quote:
Why are you reading my blog if you don't pay attention to the important happenings of my life ?

Well Iggy-san, I didn't mean if you were going to the tests personally, I assumed if you as always report on the both of them.That is all.

Ultima
393th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 06:05post reply

re: the art

The detailed clearn artwork reminds me of Senri Kita.

And yay to new SS being true. Now let's hope some of those other rumours we heard pan out. An update to SS0S would be fine. No need to go overboard and update all the sprites (though it would be nice, but I'd take old sprites + more characters > new sprites + fewer characters).

No doubt the E button will retain most/all of the functions that the D button had before, and A,B,AB,C will get mapped to A,B,C,D now. I would like to see the return of A,B,Ab for slashes and C,D,CD for kicks, but I seriously doubt it.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

exodus
2600th Post

"Re(6):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 06:22post reply

quote:
I thought Neowave was done by Noise Factory?

I really don't think so...I recall that being the sammy one, and NGBC is the SNKP one, which could very logically have been done by noise.

beto
855th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 06:57post reply

NeoWave was made (on Sammy´s request) by Noise Factory. The "editor" posted details about it back when NeoWave was announced. The game was simply something made quickly to sell more Atomiswave´s.

quote:
The artwork on the page doesn't strike me as familiar...

Back cover from SS5/0:

http://www.ncsx.org/2003/ncs120803/usa_samurai.htm

exodus
2601th Post

"Re(6):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 07:39post reply

quote:
NeoWave was made (on Sammy´s request) by Noise Factory.

Damn :\ oh well! Maybe they'll bounce back.

Shin_ATproof
1176th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(7):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 09:32post reply

"The Best Swordsmen Legends"?

LOL yeah it does sound like a title for a Dreammatch game...

Probably for the better designwise since if SNKP USA division is just going to cut out the story for no reason(like they did with SS0/SS5) then a dreammatch game would mean that nothing can be cut out.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Abster
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(8):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 09:44post reply

SNK P USA didn't cut out the storyline to SS0/SS5. SNK P Japan simply decided not to translate it at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

Shin_ATproof
1177th Post

"Re(9):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 09:48post reply

Well whatever happened....no story at all in the English version.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Saiki
163th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Wed 27 Apr 14:04post reply

I'm happy at the news of a new SS coming out but worried at the same time.
If Imoya is making it........

Toxico
4063th Post

"Re(9):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Thu 28 Apr 03:02post reply

quote:
SNK P USA didn't cut out the storyline to SS0/SS5. SNK P Japan simply decided not to translate it at all.

The think was that yuki didn't hired a translator because they thought that the game would have very little coverture and wouldn't make it outside japan.

See??? He is a God...

Abster
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Thu 28 Apr 03:09post reply

I'm not so sure about that. They probably knew it was going to get a release outside of Japan. Depends on who was doing the translations, Yuki or Imoya.

Toxico
4065th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very " , posted Thu 28 Apr 03:22post reply

quote:
I'm not so sure about that. They probably knew it was going to get a release outside of Japan. Depends on who was doing the translations, Yuki or Imoya.

That statement was made by yuki when the AES version of the game came out, so I guess it's true...

Regardless of the fact; even if they do translate they always screw up SS storylines in the translation, hidden details and putting senseless and lame jokes. 'Die you crazy funster'

See??? He is a God...

Abster
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Thu 28 Apr 03:29:post reply

Really? Well, I'll be.

Either way, they did translate the entire storyline before SS0, even if it was a tad screwed up. I'm hoping this new title has a translated storyline if it has one.

On top of that, who bets fatalities will be absent from this game after the whole SS0S deal?

[this message was edited by Abster on Thu 28 Apr 03:58]

Stifu
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Thu 28 Apr 06:23:post reply

quote:
On top of that, who bets fatalities will be absent from this game after the whole SS0S deal?

Not obviously. We could dream and hope Playmore actually LEARNT THEIR LESSON this time, considering the amount of people who bitched about the SSZS censorship.

Edit: Hmm, you guys say Noise Factory did Neowave, right ? If that's true, maybe there's a hope that Yuki is actually making this new SS game...
I'm saying that because "Noise Factory" isn't written anywhere on the Neowave site (unless I missed it), so that could explain why Yuki isn't written anywhere on the SS AW site even though they are making the game... And the site would be made by Playmore, not by Yuki, unlike the SSZ website.
Just some wishful thinking.

[this message was edited by Stifu on Thu 28 Apr 06:42]

ShadowSonic
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Thu 28 Apr 14:54:post reply

quote:

So, uh, it's the 29th in Japan now, isn't it?

Any news after one day of the loke test?

EDIT: D'oh, I confused the dates of the NGBC and the SS AW tests. Silly me~

Where darkness turns to light and order turns to chaos. 2003.

[this message was edited by ShadowSonic on Thu 28 Apr 14:55]

Fuchikoma
1272th Post

"Re(2):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Thu 28 Apr 15:08post reply

quote:
So, uh, it's the 29th in Japan now, isn't it?

Nope, you're a day early

Iggy
6399th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Thu 28 Apr 16:55:post reply

quote:
Not obviously. We could dream and hope Playmore actually LEARNT THEIR LESSON this time, considering the amount of people who bitched about the SSZS censorship.

Actually, many people bitched about many zetsumei being gross. You had some really nice ones, like Suija, Enja or Ukyô's, but for many characters it was just doing a normal move over and over until the body collapse. If they had all been character exclusive (or if some hadn't the body explode, for example Nako, Rera, Mina or Gaô could totally have done without it) it would have been better.
But yeah, they won't put even the basic "body slashed in two" anymore.

EDIT : also, Nejibako won't be released before summer, and the PS2 port of MOTW has been pushed back to june.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 28 Apr 17:11]

shin ramberk
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Thu 28 Apr 22:23post reply

quote:
Actually, many people bitched about many zetsumei being gross. You had some really nice ones, like Suija, Enja or Ukyô's, but for many characters it was just doing a normal move over and over until the body collapse. If they had all been character exclusive (or if some hadn't the body explode, for example Nako, Rera, Mina or Gaô could totally have done without it) it would have been better.

EDIT : also, Nejibako won't be released before summer, and the PS2 port of MOTW has been pushed back to june.

Hey Iggy or anyone else, is there a site with descriptions or movies of all the zetsumei. I was always curious about these. Shame they removed them. No one had to use them.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Stifu
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Thu 28 Apr 23:28post reply

quote:
Hey Iggy or anyone else, is there a site with descriptions or movies of all the zetsumei. I was always curious about these. Shame they removed them. No one had to use them.

On the offical SSZ site (www.samurai-zero.jp), you can see two screens of each Zetsumei...
I got the video of all the Zetsumei but it's huge, if you got MSN or AIM I can send it to you.

Abster
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Thu 28 Apr 23:34post reply

quote:

Goddamn soccer moms. Don't they realize dismemberment has been part of Samurai Spirits since the beginning? If they hate it so bad, start bitching at the arcade operators and make them turn down the violence. MVS and such has a violence setting. They can adjust it themselves, they don't need to make SNKP do it for them.

Iggy
6400th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Fri 29 Apr 00:51post reply

quote:
Goddamn soccer moms. Don't they realize dismemberment has been part of Samurai Spirits since the beginning? If they hate it so bad, start bitching at the arcade operators and make them turn down the violence. MVS and such has a violence setting. They can adjust it themselves, they don't need to make SNKP do it for them.

I disagree. I may adore Suijasama's or Ukyô's, but many others, like Gaô's or Zankurô's, where just stupid and/or gross.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Stifu
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:06post reply

quote:
I disagree. I may adore Suijasama's or Ukyô's, but many others, like Gaô's or Zankurô's, where just stupid and/or gross.

Then Playmore should replace the stupid / gross Zetsumei with cooler ones, instead of censoring everything... And by "cooler", I don't mean toned down, I mean different.

Iggy
6401th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:12post reply

quote:
Then Playmore should replace the stupid / gross Zetsumei with cooler ones, instead of censoring everything... And by "cooler", I don't mean toned down, I mean different.

For a game that interest around 1000 people in the world ? The gaming industry is not that fair.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

shin ramberk
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:38post reply

quote:

Stifu, my AIM screen name is ramberk. I live in california and I'm usually home during the evenings (after 6).

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Abster
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai tests very" , posted Fri 29 Apr 01:58post reply

And No Contests (SS4) were gross too? No one complained about this.

Iggy
6405th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Nejibako and Samurai test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 02:12post reply

quote:
And No Contests (SS4) were gross too?

The game was gross.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
506th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 02:28post reply

quote:
And No Contests (SS4) were gross too?
The game was gross.

Hey Iggy-san, how are you?I came by to tell you that the latest Nejibako update is interesting, with Q&A, Museum and Download.
And have you got anything on the latest loke test for the game?Always await your reliable info.

Iggy
6406th Post

"Re(1):Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 02:39post reply

quote:
I came by to tell you

Oh, yeah, SNKNeoShingo2008, tell me things, I love it OH GOD I'M COMING I ghqsrsqrfsx.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
507th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 02:43post reply

quote:
I came by to tell you
Oh, yeah, SNKNeoShingo2008, tell me things, I love it OH GOD I'M COMING I ghqsrsqrfsx.

I don't mean to be rude Iggy-san.You know I only come by to tell you important things, and we both know fully well you're the only one who can tell me and everyone else what's new and what's interesting.That is all.

Abster
23th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Fri 29 Apr 02:45post reply

Well, only a few Zetsumei's could've been deemed as gross. Most were just silly. If it really was gross the collapsing torso would spill guts and excess blood on the floor when it happens, but it doesn't. Why? Because the gore was never intended to be realistic.

Stifu
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 03:19post reply

quote:
we both know fully well you're the only one who can tell me and everyone else what's new and what's interesting.

I doubt Iggy would agree on this. :p

Shingo The One
508th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 04:57post reply

quote:
we both know fully well you're the only one who can tell me and everyone else what's new and what's interesting.
I doubt Iggy would agree on this. :p

Well my friend, I made that emphasis on the translations.

Iggy
6409th Post

"Re(5):Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 06:12post reply

quote:

What? Oh, excuse me, I wasn't listening, I was cleaning up the bodily fluids your last post made me spray on my keyboard.
I hope I didn't miss anything exciting.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
509th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 14:03post reply

quote:
What? Oh, excuse me, I wasn't listening, I was cleaning up the bodily fluids your last post made me spray on my keyboard.
I hope I didn't miss anything exciting.

I hope I didn't cause any trouble between us Iggy-san.And no, you didn't miss anything.The only thing I asked for your help is if there's anything interesting either on the latest Nejibako update or, more importantly, on the latest loke test for it.That's all.

Fygee
1172th Post

"Re(7):Nejibako update and test" , posted Fri 29 Apr 16:05post reply

Shingo's ability to brown nose triumphs all.

beto
858th Post

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 02:14post reply

The name of the artist in the Tenka website (and the SS5 AES Yoshitora/Haohmaru image) is "Eiji Kaneda". Not to be confused with Eiji Shiroi.

Shingo The One
510th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 02:33post reply

quote:
The name of the artist in the Tenka website (and the SS5 AES Yoshitora/Haohmaru image) is "Eiji Kaneda". Not to be confused with Eiji Shiroi.

Always good to know something than nothing at all.

Iggy
6415th Post

"Re(3):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 08:40post reply

Am I the only one to find it really, really ugly, by the way? It looks like some cheap '90 art for a second rate game... Look at Nako's eyes.
I don't want to see Gen.An and Wanfu drawn like this. This really is (c) Imoya Quality.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Cain Highwind
544th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 08:58post reply

quote:
Am I the only one to find it really, really ugly, by the way? It looks like some cheap '90 art for a second rate game... Look at Nako's eyes.
I don't want to see Gen.An and Wanfu drawn like this. This really is (c) Imoya Quality.

I think it's kinda stupid to jump to "quality conclusions" just because of two pieces of artwork (I don't find it ugly, just "average", which I agree to an extent is very much SNKP fashion). Once we see evidence of rehash in screenshots, THEN we should complain.

But that's just me.

YeldellGW
458th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 08:59post reply

quote:
Well, only a few Zetsumei's could've been deemed as gross. Most were just silly. If it really was gross the collapsing torso would spill guts and excess blood on the floor when it happens, but it doesn't. Why? Because the gore was never intended to be realistic.

So true...

Most of the kill moves we've seen before in previous games, so what the hell changed so much that deemed them gross now?!

Basara's now has him tossing the head of his opponent out of the void.

Characters get cut in four vice two pieces in some (Keep in mind the body parts usally disappear after a few seconds.).

It didn't bother me that much, if at all in the earlier games, and while seeing some character getting beheaded does open my eyes every now and then, it's not enough to get me hurling.

I hate to think what would happen if all those that felt SSVS was a gore fest actually tried a playing a game that actually was a gore fest.

Pollyanna
1066th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 09:22post reply

quote:

Well, looking back I think the old SS1/2 art was pretty hideous as well. The black and white ink drawings were cool, because they had a "classic Japanese flavor" to them, but the colored pictures were pretty ugly.

But yeah, I think this new art is pretty cheap looking. There are so many great artists out there that I can't figure out why so many games have crappy art like this. There are even plenty of fan artists (way better than Falcoon) that can do higher quality stuff.

I don't know if this is as bad as Ys, though.

Abster
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 09:57post reply

Nako's eyes are a bit big, but I don't mind Haohmaru all that much. He looks fine to me.

Iggy
6419th Post

"Location test reports + move list" , posted Sat 30 Apr 10:01:post reply

quote:
I think it's kinda stupid to jump to "quality conclusions" just because of two pieces of artwork (I don't find it ugly, just "average", which I agree to an extent is very much SNKP fashion). Once we see evidence of rehash in screenshots, THEN we should complain.

I was talking about the art, not the game.
And it's going to be rehash.

And yeah, old SS art was kinda ugly, but after SS0 and especially Supisupe's incredible quality, it's already a big letdown...

Either way, I'll say it now while it's still valid : I love Samusupi.

I'm surprised the Imoya effect didn't happen this time (everybody being raving about the game before the betatest). I guess the absence of Yuki, a crappy illustrator, a crappy title and a crapy logo already warned everybody about the quality of the game.
Some jokes about the stupid title are good. Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Budokai. I imagine Haô○ looking at Amakusa's castle like in Kôrin, with a timer : you have only 8 minutes to go there, or the tournament will be over without you.
Or something.

EDIT : Source >>411 (seems more reliable than the dreammatch guy)
24 characters from SS0, Wanfu (with a new weapon, a mace with a big metal ball), 396, and 2 new characters, Andrieu (??? André? he has one of these rifle with a blade on the bottom whose name escape me for now. Baillonette?) and Sôroku (Looks like like Gaira in SS0, or Wanfu's pause in SSS). Other characters ahead. The sprites are Supisupe with some color tweaks. Several new moves. The backgrounds are 3D, and the difference with the sprite is only slightly less ugly than in Nowave.
Ha! The battles had to stop when the machine broke. 1P only now.

MOVES

Around 10 CHARACTERS WOULD BE HIDDEN !? Even if you count Yumeji, Poppy, and the 4 bosses... that's quite a lot. Mamahaha ? If Imoya is indeed making it, then the balance is going to be terrible.

The modes :
ken = the same mode as usual. Apparently, there is no meditation or mu no kyôchi. You can make a hiôgi when you have little energy left, and a bukitobashi when the ken gauge is max.
Ikari = AB = very strong slash, which has super armor (even if you're hit, it doesn't stops the move).
No hiôgi or buki tobashi. More attack and protection.
This is so bad it's almost funny.

One good detail : the jumps are lower, and the speed has been adjusted, it feels more smooth. Also, Gaira seems to be bald.

Kuroko and Hikyaku (bombs and life up) are back. You can choose if you want Hikyaku or not. The scenario seems to be the one in that Supisupe kanzenban (Kuroko, etc).

I'll go back to Romamin, and won't bother with this game until some says Yuki is actually doing it.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 30 Apr 20:25]

Cain Highwind
546th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Samurai Spirits Tenka ?" , posted Sat 30 Apr 11:04:post reply

So any word if it's KoF style and the Shiki/Asura/Assquake sprites reused or are they trying to reuse the SS sprites and are trying their best to make new SS Quality sprites?

Oh and I'll just say SS is probably my least favorite fighting game series from SNK, it just never raised my interest the same way Real Bout and Last Blade did

Even though I'm not a pessimistic mastermind who comes up with clever titles for reference, I'll still look forward to seeing this game and how it'll turn out. :p

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Sat 30 Apr 11:06]

Abster
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Location test reports" , posted Sat 30 Apr 12:33post reply

Wow. This marks the second time Wan-Fu switched weapons. Happy to see the food and bombs are back. Haven't seen them since about 10 years ago.

I had a fair hunch old SS sprites would be used, but if palette updates look fresh I'll be happy.

It never hurts to have variety, but the absense of an Ikari gauge in favor of super armor and a attack/defense bonus bothers me a bit. I wonder what the new super move (under normal ikari gauge) is?

LOL! I also can't believe they're sticking with the aftereffects of Gaira joining the hair club for men after SS0.

Stifu
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Location test reports" , posted Sat 30 Apr 16:04post reply

quote:
LOL! I also can't believe they're sticking with the aftereffects of Gaira joining the hair club for men after SS0.

That would mean the game has a story and happens between SS5 and SS1, maybe ?
The fact there are new characters seems to imply this is not a dream match, too.

I sincerely hope Iggy's fears about the quality of the game will turn out to be wrong... :S
After all, NBC doesn't look bad.

... Oh and thanks Iggy-san my friend for the report, we all know you're the best for that kind of stuff. [/Shingo mode]

burning kyo
2279th Post

"Re(1):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sat 30 Apr 19:27post reply

quote:
... and 2 new characters, Andrieu (??? André? he has one of these rifle with a blade on the bottom whose name escape me for now. Baillonette?) ...

Un "mousquet" ?

Does he have any link with Charlotte ?

[welcome to the devil's nest]

Iggy
6418th Post

"more pics" , posted Sat 30 Apr 20:09post reply

Quite a lot of pics (save quickly, you know how these uploaders can be shot down quickly).

Meh. It doesn't look that bad... But the in game art is awful. It looks like some fujoshi trying to imitate Senri Kita.
Still no Yuki info = still no beans.

Matome site, for those who want.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Stifu
120th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):more pics" , posted Sat 30 Apr 20:36post reply

Cheers for the pics and the loke test update, Iggy... I'm starting to get really hyped about this game, even though Playmore is working on it.
I agree that the art doesn't seem good from the pics, but Wanfu's new sprite looks great to me.

Can't wait...

Red Falcon
5457th Post

"Re(2):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 01:20post reply

Actually, I quite like the art.

Oh, and Gaira baldness = awesome.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Stifu
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 01:44post reply

By the way, Wan-Fu's come back just proves Saiki wrong about him not coming back for not being popular enough. :p

Fuchikoma
1278th Post

"Re(4):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 02:13:post reply

I suppose that's one of the new characters in the last picture of that set. Looks pretty dumb... he's either a sumo or he's going for Heihachi's Tekken 4 look. I can't seem to make out his weapon either... looks like a gas can.

Also the colors in Gaira's portrait don't even come close to matching his sprite... looks like another Matrimelee.

Edit- ah the two new guys are on the movelist... so we have Andre and this new Heihachi adult diaper guy. Let's see what Iggy has to say about how they play...

[this message was edited by Fuchikoma on Sun 1 May 02:23]

Saiki
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 02:26:post reply

Well, so far I like what I've seen from this game.
And 10 hidden chara's?

Amakusa
Gaoh
Zankuro
Mizuki
Yumeji
Shiki
Asura
Assquake
Gen-an
Kuroko

if so, then it's all chara's from 2D SS's.

One thing I noticed in the pics is that Kuroko doesn't look like he raises the flag like he did in the first 2 SS's

[this message was edited by Saiki on Sun 1 May 02:28]

Stifu
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 02:33post reply

quote:
Also the colors in Gaira's portrait don't even come close to matching his sprite... looks like another Matrimelee.

Indeed. His portrait has his old blue colors while his updated sprites has orange clothes... They might fix that.
We COULD imagine that the portrait color changes depending on the color you chose for your character, and that the in-game pics of Gaira aren't from the same matches as the ones that show him blue in the artwork, if you know what I mean... but I doubt it.

Nate
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 02:43post reply

quote:
Indeed. His portrait has his old blue colors while his updated sprites has orange clothes... They might fix that.
We COULD imagine that the portrait color changes depending on the color you chose for your character, and that the in-game pics of Gaira aren't from the same matches as the ones that show him blue in the artwork, if you know what I mean... but I doubt it.

At least Gaira's sprite isn't severely mismatched to his portrait like Buntaro's and Keith's in Matrimelee. Not to mention some characters in other games Noise Factory did the sprites for. Why can't they get it right sometimes?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

beto
859th Post

"Re(6):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 03:09post reply

quote:

In NeoWave the portraits always show the regular colors, regardless of what you choose. This should be the same.

Iggy
6420th Post

"Re(6):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 04:56:post reply

What I can say on Sôroku : he has a wife, a little girl and a dog. Also, the SSS sprite of Wanfu has clearly been used as a base for most of his moves (since their weapon is so close, and Wanfu has a new one now). Another style of copipe.

As for Andrew (thanks Nate), he is a hadô-shôryû character, with a ranbu, moves that connect to each other, lot of reach, etc. many say he comes from another game.
And more generally, several bukitobashi have been said to connect with a middle slash. Imoyaaaa !

quote:
And 10 hidden chara's?

The guy says "10", but I clearly see 12 squares on the select screen.
On one hand, nothing say all those squares ought to be filled with anything. On the other, 12 characters to unlock would be something that will sell some AW cards. Or maybe they will be default, but they haven't been finished for the test.

quote:
Amakusa Gaoh Zankuro Mizuki Yumeji
Those are a given. But the others would need to have new sprites... I would favor Nicotine and Chamcham over Asura and Shiki, but 0 effort characters like Poppy or rasetsu Galford (you just have to change his head and give him his throws) seem more reasonnable.
The question being "who would want to unlock Rasetsu Galford".

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 1 May 05:32]

Nate
527th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 05:12:post reply

quote:

As for Andrieu (?), he is a hadô-shôryû character, with a ranbu, moves that connect to each other, lot of reach, etc. many say he comes from another game.

I think it might translate to Andrew.

The names of his hissatsuwaza even seem like typical ones a "British" character would have.

EDIT: Okay, maybe American. His Bukitobashi's called "Statue of Liberty". Ugh.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

[this message was edited by Nate on Sun 1 May 05:20]

Stifu
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 05:46post reply

quote:
Also, the SSS sprite of Wanfu has clearly been used as a base for most of his moves (since their weapon is so close, and Wanfu has a new one now). Another style of copipe.

I'd have to see it in action... But from the few pics we have of him, I think he looks pretty good.
I hope you're just being overly negative.

Abster
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 07:01post reply

For me it was a little hard to see his hairpiece and it took a little time to recognize him without his necklace. They're depicting his build as one between SS and SSS. I'll have to see a video to see how he moves.

Stifu
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 07:05post reply

I assume they took out his necklace so he wouldn't look too much like Gaira. They're both big bald guys already... (although Wan-Fun has some kind of poney tail)

Toxico
4067th Post

"Re(10):Location test reports + move list" , posted Sun 1 May 07:26post reply

quote:
(although Wan-Fun has some kind of poney tail)

..... Like he did in SS1
... I'm still hoping for yuki tan to break through Imoya's quarters and steal the copyrights of the game...

See??? He is a God...

Stifu
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Location test reports + move lis" , posted Sun 1 May 07:33post reply

quote:
..... Like he did in SS1

I'm totally aware of that, I was merely pointing out he wasn't *completely* bald.

beto
861th Post

"New Report (in english)" , posted Sun 1 May 11:50post reply

http://chris-and.nihongonauts.com/index.php?p=34

quote:
Last night I stumbled across news of a new Samurai Showdown / Samurai Spirits game from SNK Playmore on the Atomiswave arcade board. After clarifying this on the official SNKP site I also discovered that a location test is going to be held this weekend in Club Sega, Shinjuku. This morning I went to check it out.

Saturday 10:30 am

The basement floor of Club Sega was quiet in general, but there was a big crowd gathered in one corner. The game itself was running on two back to back arcade cabinets that were in parallel with a wall, and a large screen was also linked up so that it was easy to get a good view of the game.

A crowd of between 20 and 30 people were sat on the floor in front of the screen, while other people chose to stand and watch. The queue to play the game lead into the stairwell, up to the first (ground) floor, and out of an emergency exit onto the street.

Most of the people there were holding photocopied move lists for the game, so I watched the game for a while and waited for the next batch of photocopies to arrive.

Initial Impressions

Before I start, it is worth emphasising that this is game is very much a work in progress. I have no idea how complete it is, so many things could be changed between now and when the game is finally released. Also, photography was prohibited, and I have no screenshots of the game.

Firstly, the game is not visually impressive. Apart from the new characters, all sprites seem to be recycled from previous games in the series. No big surprise there then. However, the presentation and backgrounds are also weak. The character select screen looks muddled and rushed. You select a character from a kind of grid that can by cycled endlessly. Once done you then select various system options, intercut with some really shoddy ‘fusuma’ graphics. These really do look bad.

There only seemed to be a handful of stages available, and none of these impressed me. In fact, I would say that most of them simply look poor. Nothing that was available seemed to have any originality either. One stage overlooks a harbor filled with boats, while another takes place in a street. I can’t really go into much more detail as they were very bland indeed. Not only that, but I was wondering why this game was running on the Atomiswave, as I swear the NEO GEO could do a better job than what was on show here.

Characters

So far not so good. However, the character roster was quite good with a total of 28 available to play, and hints that there would be more available in the final game.

Andrew - New character. One of his moves is called Statue of Liberty, so it would appear that he is American. Looks like a cross between Charlotte(!) and Kagami from the Last Blade games. Brandishes a rifle with bayonet attached.

Sugoroku - New character. Dressed in ‘Matsuri’ clothing and carries what appears to be a large bell for a weapon. Imagine a smaller version of Wan Fu from Samurai Shodown 2.

Wan Fu - Old character revived. Wan Fu’s sprite is new, which is a shame as this incarnation actually looks worse than the one in Samurai Shodown 2. His weapon has changed once again: This time it is a large metal ball on the end of a pole. Fighting style doesn’t seem to have changed significantly.

The rest are all old, so I will just list them.

Sankuro
Mina
Yunfei
Yoshitora
Haohmaru
Nakoruru
Rimururu
Hanzo
Galford
Ukyo
Genjuro
Kyoushiro
Basara
Shizumaru
Gaira
Jubei
Charlotte
Tam Tam
Kagetsu
Sougetsu
Rasetsumaru
Rera
Enja
Suija
Kusaregedo

Gameplay Impressions

After watching quite a few matches and picking up a copy of the move list, I headed for the stairs to queue for a game. One hour or more later, I got to play it. My opponent, who had already played a few rounds earlier, was using Genjuro: already a popular choice as he was clearly easy to use and strong with it. I could have just picked Genjuro myself, but went for Ukyo as I hadn’t seen him in action up until that point, and because I am reasonably familiar with him.

The system uses five buttons.
A - weak slash
B- medium slash
C - strong slash
D - kick
E - various. Used when throwing, when dodging etc.

After selecting a character you then choose one of two game systems. I didn’t get a good chance to study the difference between the two, but basically speaking they affect the ‘desperation move’ system.

Then you choose whether you want items or not. Remember Samurai Shodown 2? If so, you will remember the guy that runs past in the background, throwing out bombs and chickens. In this game, you can specify whether you want him to appear or not. He throws a mixture of food, bombs, and additional weapons that you can pick up and throw at the opponent. One example is a small hammer. There was also a potion of some kind that lowered the opponent’s defence. I went without the item system. I think the challenger gets the final word on whether items are in use or not.

The game itself felt like Samurai V/Samurai V Special mixed with Samurai 2. They are clearly trying to throw in more elements from Samurai 2 while keeping the complex systems of the more recent games.

I ended up losing the first two rounds, so it was game over pretty quickly. In hindsight I should have just chosen Genjuro myself and whored the same moves that the opponent used against me.

Overall

Last night I was pretty excited about the news of a new Samurai Spirits game that I never even knew existed. However, after experiencing it, my excitement has all but evaporated.

Firstly, there is nothing remotely fresh about this game. Sure, it is the first Samurai Spirits game to run on the Atomiswave hardware, but if no one told you that you would be forgiven for thinking this was running on the old MVS. I honestly believe that Samurai Spirits 2 and 3 look better than this. What is the point of running it on new hardware if you aren’t going to make use of it? It will probably end up running on-line, as most other Atomiswave games do, but when comparing this with NEO GEO Battle Coliseum and Rumble Fish 2 you may wonder if the programmers are having a laugh.

At the end of the day though, gameplay matters a whole lot more than eye candy, but this game doesn’t seem to offer anything new other than a couple of new characters. Implementing systems for Samurai Shodown 2 may bring back nostalgia for long-time fans of the series, but if I want to play that I will fire it up on my NEO GEO AES: no need to pay 100 Yen for the pleasure.

If they can maintain even character balance over a large roster, then this should make for some good competitive fighting action, but having said that, you can get that with Samurai Spirits Zero Special.

Final Word

At this point in time Samurai Spirits Tenka is nothing more than Samurai Spirits Zero Special Part II. Hopefully a lot of this is going to change between now and the release date, but I doubt that it will. If it doesn’t, you should know exactly what to expect.

If anyone has any questions, I will try and answer them via the, ‘Comments’ system below. Bear in mind that I saw a lot of the characters in action, but not all.

EddyT
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):New Report (in english)" , posted Sun 1 May 12:12post reply

Once again, another 2-D fighter company drops the ball and gives us another rehash.

Back to hoping Negibako will be a good game.

Abster
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):New Report (in english)" , posted Sun 1 May 12:50post reply

Oi, I get so sick of people bashing a game simply because they're too lazy to update sprites. The items haven't been back since say 95 and the ref hasn't been back since say 94? I for one am actually looking very forward to this game.

Ultima
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):New Report (in english)" , posted Sun 1 May 13:28post reply

quote:
At this point in time Samurai Spirits Tenka is nothing more than Samurai Spirits Zero Special Part II.

Which is not only expected, after we saw what NeoWave was like on AtomisWave, but is probably the best possible thing that could happen to SS. SS0S is tested to be excellent (or so I'm told; to be honest I still haven't played it). Making an update to that is predictable and perhaps a tad boring, but after the years of mishandling the SS series (basically anything between SS2 and SS0 = rubbish), I'll take predictable and good >>>> new and (potentially) shit.

And this guy makes it sound like including more elements from SS2 is somehow a *bad* thing. LOL.

Also, for all those complaining about the art - if it's the same portrait art that I'm seing (the same Senri Kita-ish stuff), then you're all fucking blind. I think it looks great.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

Stifu
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):New Report (in english)" , posted Sun 1 May 15:58post reply

... That guy just seems frustrated to have lost against that Genjuro guy, so he thought he'd bash the game in return. :D

Seriously, I don't trust that guy on some points... Still, thanks to him for the report.
However, I am kind of worried about the selection screen which seems weird...

NARUTO
3020th Post

"Re(3):New Report (in english)" , posted Sun 1 May 20:00post reply

Late as usual, thank Iggy and Beto for the infos...

Glad too see all those old stuff back Like Kuruko or some characters like Wanfu...

PS: Iggy, who is 396??

Stifu
127th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):New Report (in english)" , posted Sun 1 May 20:03post reply

quote:
who is 396??

Sankuro.

beto
863th Post

"And yet another report" , posted Mon 2 May 00:28:post reply

Report from RBjakeSpecial (from neo-geo.com):

quote:
I just got back from the loc-test! I'm not a huge Sam sho fan so I won't be able to go into as much depth as I should.

There was a long line to play (about 13 people) and it took a half an hour to get through. I only played once, watched for about 20 minutes and then filled out a survey and left.

The game feels a lot like Sam Sho 5. Fans of 5 will feel right at home and probably adore this game.

Ok, Graphics and Presentation-

Beautiful. The character portraits are very nice. They look like ink drawings. The life bars and super gage look fantastic (I was so worried it would end up like Kof Neo wave's bars of shittyness.) The backgrounds are 3d and done very well. The animations in the background are pretty weak, only 3-4 frames.

The character grahpics are great. Much clearer than it's MVS counterpart and the animation looks slightly improved. The 2d characters look really good on the 3d background (again, unlike kof neo wave) The characters also don't look very pixalated. Visually it's beautfiul.

I saw 5-6 stages. There was a halloween european street with a castle in the background. There were a ton of pumpkins everywhere, pretty cool.

There was a tribal level, a few japanese festival levels, and a few others. I was really impressed with the color pallette they used. Everything fits together and looks good.

Gameplay-

The buttons were layed out like this:

xxx
x x

the top 3 were weak, medium hard slash. The bottom left was called Item, and the bottom right was the movement/dash sort of button.

A big change to the game play was the option to have the dude throwing items onto the playing field or not.

The items I saw were: A bomb, a poison potion that decreases your defense, a hammer, and life stuff.

You can pick up the items and throw them at your opponent!!!

There were all sorts of button combonations and stuff, but I didn't spend enough time to figure them out.

The game system looked just like SSV. (maybe it's different, I couldn't tell)

Overall the game is awesome. I think fans of SSV are going to really enjoy the game. One bad thing though... NO BLOOD

Well, thats all I remember from the test. Sorry it's not more in-depth, sam sho isn't my favorite game.

[this message was edited by beto on Mon 2 May 00:33]

Iggy
6421th Post

"unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 00:40:post reply

"What can we change to Supisupe to make it better... I know ! Let's strengthen Yoshitora and Genjûrô!"

So, the middle Nadeshiko is faster and has more range than in Supisupe, Shirayuri is like in SS0, Botan has absolutely no lag, Asagao is faster and Yûgao became a throw that deals twice the damage of a normal bôgyô kuzushi, and can be comboed after a middle slash. Like a KOF throw. Oh, and the 7th sword is faster and reaches farther.
But to balance it, some move deals nearly zero damage. And here we are ! balanced character ! next !

Genjûrô ! Let's give him a new move, sakaburino mai (421 slash) that connects after a middle slash and allow any follow up, including the bukitobashi ! And since there is no more rolling wake up, and his b slashes are perfectly cancellable, you can sanrensatsu all day.

And to balance things up, let's make Nako, Rimu and Mina totally worthless by giving them shit damage (strong slash = 10% of the bar), protection, and either way the throw are weaker so they can't breack their opponent's guard. But at least those are character that can't connect their bukitobashi to any move, so stop complaining about it !

That's really a job with a lot of Imoya quality.

I'm mean. There was at least one weak character that became strong : Galford.
Now he's as broken as Yoshitora and Genjurô...

┏┳┳┓     STOP    ┏┳┳┓
┏┫┃┃┃     IMOYA   ┃┃┃┣┓
┃┃┃┃┣┓    NOW ! ┏┫┃┃┃ ┃
┃      ┃┃┏━━━┓┃┃      ┃
┃STOP! ┣┫ ・∀・ ┣┫ クソゲー┃
┗━━━━┛┗┳━┳┛┗━━━━┛
            ┏┻┓┃
        ┏━┛  ┣┻┓
        ┗━━━┫  ┗━┓
.             ┗━━━┛

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 2 May 00:47]

Stifu
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 00:59post reply

Oh well. It's only the beginning, things will probably change a lot in the final product, hopefully in a good way.
I remember the first loke test reports for SSZS were pretty negative, some people said the balance was worse than in the regular SSZ, etc...

Also, I'm hoping Iggy's hatred for Playmore is blinding him about all the good stuff game has, and that the game is better than what he makes it sound like...

Iggy
6422th Post

"Re(2):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 01:09:post reply

quote:
I remember the first loke test reports for SSZS were pretty negative, some people said the balance was worse than in the regular SSZ, etc...

I don't. At least, not on the forums I go to.
I remember fairly good things about the test from the start, with Mizuki's box being unselectable, but the biggest issues of SS0 being fixed, and no character appearing überstrong on the first day, only the usual suspects (Rasetsumaru, Suija, Genj, etc). There was a lot of complains about the toning down of the mu no kyôchi, then up, then down, then the changes done to Mizuki when she bacame playable, etc.

On the other hand, I remember a lot of negative things said about KOF 2003 during the test that were still valid in the final product...

Also, remember Supisupe's rom was adjusted nearly every NIGHT. The guys of Yuki were crazy, but they wanted to make a good game. Needless to say the rom of Ken Samu hasn't been changed between the first and second day. Normal, since the beta test will only last 2 days.
Imoya doesn't need weeks of beta test to make a balanced fighter, like those puny Yuki ! Imoya considers beta tests as advertisement, no more.

┏┳┳┓     STOP    ┏┳┳┓
┏┫┃┃┃     IMOYA   ┃┃┃┣┓
┃┃┃┃┣┓    NOW ! ┏┫┃┃┃ ┃
┃      ┃┃┏━━━┓┃┃      ┃
┃STOP! ┣┫ ・∀・ ┣┫ クソゲー┃
┗━━━━┛┗┳━┳┛┗━━━━┛
            ┏┻┓┃
        ┏━┛  ┣┻┓
        ┗━━━┫  ┗━┓
.             ┗━━━┛

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 2 May 01:12]

Stifu
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 01:19post reply

Well, it's still a long way before Tenka is released...

By the way, Iggy, I got a question for you... Who are the guys behind Yuki ?
I heard some people say they're from the original SS staff... I also heard they were guys that were mostly into making mahjong games before, and that SS5 was the first fighting game they made...
What's the truth ?

EddyT
476th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 01:37:post reply

quote:
I don't. At least, not on the forums I go to.
I remember fairly good things about the test from the start, with Mizuki's box being unselectable, but the biggest issues of SS0 being fixed, and no character appearing überstrong on the first day, only the usual suspects (Rasetsumaru, Suija, Genj, etc). There was a lot of complains about the toning down of the mu no kyôchi, then up, then down, then the changes done to Mizuki when she bacame playable, etc.

On the other hand, I remember a lot of negative things said about KOF 2003 during the test that were still valid in the final product...

Also, remember Supisupe's rom was adjusted nearly every NIGHT. The guys of Yuki were crazy, but they wanted to make a good game. Needless to say the rom of Ken Samu hasn't been changed between the first and second day. Normal, since the beta test will only last 2 days.
Imoya doesn't need weeks of beta test to make a balanced fighter, like those puny Yuki ! Imoya considers beta tests as advertisement, no more.

┏┳┳┓     STOP    ┏┳┳┓
┏┫┃┃┃     IMOYA   ┃┃┃┣┓
┃┃┃┃┣┓    NOW ! ┏┫┃┃┃ ┃
┃      ┃┃┏━━━┓┃┃      ┃
┃STOP! ┣┫ ・∀・ ┣┫ クソゲー┃
┗━━━━┛┗┳━┳┛┗━━━━┛
            ┏┻┓┃
        ┏━┛  ┣┻┓
        ┗━━━┫  ┗━┓
.             ┗━━━┛

So Yuki made SS Zero and SS Zero Special? I thought it was just SSZ.

I don't like the sound of this "Imoya"... what did they make?

[this message was edited by EddyT on Mon 2 May 01:39]

Iggy
6422th Post

"Re(4):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 01:49post reply

quote:
I heard some people say they're from the original SS staff... I also heard they were guys that were mostly into making mahjong games before, and that SS5 was the first fighting game they made...

They were making mahjong games, and SS0 was their first fighting game. They were huge fans of SS and SSS, though.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Abster
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 02:41post reply

Ok. This is worse than I thought. Blood was a staple of the SS series and has been there since the beginning. Removing all blood altogether makes this look like Marvel vs Capcom, not to mention the lifebars look like crap. Imoya's got some work to do if they want this game to get my approval

Stifu
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 02:52:post reply

Thanks Iggy.

quote:
Ok. This is worse than I thought. Blood was a staple of the SS series and has been there since the beginning. Removing all blood altogether makes this look like Marvel vs Capcom, not to mention the lifebars look like crap. Imoya's got some work to do if they want this game to get my approval

I wouldn't worry about blood, I'm sure it'll get implemented at some point. As for lifebars, someone who went to the loke test (RBjakeSpecial) said they looked "fantastic", much better than those of Neowave...

[this message was edited by Stifu on Mon 2 May 02:53]

Abster
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 02:55post reply

quote:
Thanks Iggy.

I wouldn't worry about blood, I'm sure it'll get implemented at some point. As for lifebars, someone who went to the loke test (RBjakeSpecial) said they looked "fantastic", much better than those of Neowave...

I dunno. Given the SS0S fiasco I dunno if Imoya will listen to these requests for the usual "moral" reasons.

But Neowave was considered to be crap as well, and since when did they toss in character portraits on the fight screen? The lifebars just don't look SS to me.

Stifu
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 03:01post reply

quote:
and since when did they toss in character portraits on the fight screen?

Come on, adding character portraits next to lifebars isn't what makes a breaks a game !
Who cares if it's never been done in an SS game before, it's just a detail that doesn't affect gameplay, atmosphere or anything to me.

Abster
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 03:04post reply

quote:
and since when did they toss in character portraits on the fight screen?
Come on, adding character portraits next to lifebars isn't what makes a breaks a game !
Who cares if it's never been done in an SS game before, it's just a detail that doesn't affect gameplay, atmosphere or anything to me.

I know that. But this make the lifebars look like some Capcom game or something, not Samurai Spirits

aderack
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Nejibako and Samurai tests very soon" , posted Mon 2 May 06:56post reply

quote:
NeoWave was made (on Sammy´s request) by Noise Factory.

Damn :\ oh well! Maybe they'll bounce back.

Yeah, it was Noise. Keep in mind they did this at the same time as Max Impact, Metal Slug 5, and Metal Slug Advance. They had a kind of a full slate, and it's clear that one game got most of their attention.

NGBC, I'm assuming, is by the guys who used to be in the SNK NeoGeo division. I say this because it's kind of a sequel to SVC Chaos, only without the Capcom characters. Also because development on the next KOF is supposed to be delayed in part because of work on this game. Were Noise handling it, then I don't see why it would affect the Playmore team.

I don't know what Noise is up to now, aside from a Max Impact sequel. Maybe they're doing Twinkle Star Sprites? Would make sense to me.

EricJonRösselWaugh
YOU CANNOT STOP ME WITH JUST A PARAMECIUM!

NARUTO
3021th Post

"Re(3):unbalance tweaks" , posted Mon 2 May 19:51post reply

quote:

So what? Should we launch a terorist attack on "Imoya's castel"???