Technic Beat, anyone? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3113 Views )

Momo
61th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Technic Beat, anyone?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:35post reply

So I bought this TECHNIC BEAT game, because it was only $20 and there's a special place in my heart for Dig Dug music. But I must be the only person enjoying this game, because I can't find a FAQ for it anywhere to tell me how to unlock bonuses and whatnot.

Can anyone hook a brother up with some TECHNIC BEAT INFORMATION?

Replies:

black_hayato
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Technic Beat, anyone?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 14:04post reply

quote:
So I bought this TECHNIC BEAT game, because it was only $20 and there's a special place in my heart for Dig Dug music. But I must be the only person enjoying this game, because I can't find a FAQ for it anywhere to tell me how to unlock bonuses and whatnot.

Can anyone hook a brother up with some TECHNIC BEAT INFORMATION?

I have the game as well and really enjoy it. The music is kind of hit or miss for me. I love the namco classics like Tower of Druuga and the SF EX remixes. But alot of the J-pop sucks; more like J-WTF.

I've unlucked a lot of secrets by basically playing all songs, modes, settings, and characters. But some of the characters like the bear robot and platypus are hard to play as imo.

My biggest gripe is that there's no music sampling at the track selection. Your suppose to remember what 60~70+ songs sound like? You just get genre descriptons some of which is way off. But I still like the game its fun to play.

Black_Hayato
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Technic Beat, anyone?" , posted Tue 26 Apr 14:06post reply

Also is there a sound track to it? I'd like to hear Arabesque, Sakura, and Namco remixes outside the game. I suck at ripping.

exodus
2594th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Technic Beat, anyone?" , posted Wed 27 Apr 01:52post reply

yeah, I like it too. I just unlocked stuff by playing through harder modes...

Momo
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Technic Beat, anyone?" , posted Wed 27 Apr 09:21post reply

I think it's incredibly fun! it took me by surprise, because I found it at a DRUGSTORE of all places and I'd never heard of it before. plus, it's naturally weird to see a music game released outside of Japan that isn't DDR.

I don't think the music is nearly POP'N quality, but the Mappy and Dig Dug remixes are SUPER FANTASTIC.

so far, I've earned a few character colors (which I do understand how to unlock) and a handful of gallery pictures (which are a COSMIC MYSTERY). but it sure is fun!