Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamari - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3436 Views )

Abster
15th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamari" , posted Tue 26 Apr 04:32post reply

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/katamaridamacy2/factsheet_6122852.html

The sequel is hitting the states later this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Replies:

Ishmael
1969th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Tue 26 Apr 04:54post reply

We Love Katamari?

Yes, yes we do.

Maou
582th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Tue 26 Apr 05:55post reply

It's true! I've never met anyone who didn't love Katamari...except those elephants and gun-shooting policeman I rolled up yesterday, but they'll come around. minna daisuki katamari~

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Undead Fred
2333th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Tue 26 Apr 06:21post reply

quote:
We Love Katamari?

Yes, yes we do.

Guess what ♥
Guess what this is ♥

Man, I can't wait for the new one to come out. I just hope the music is as great as the first one... I think the gameplay's pretty much guaranteed, but ah, who knows. I think it'll be just as good as the first one.

evilhayama
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Tue 26 Apr 08:37post reply

quote:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/katamaridamacy2/factsheet_6122852.html

The sequel is hitting the states later this year.

Does this mean they're keeping the name? That would make my day. The Namco US site hasn't been updated with it yet, it seems

Ammadeau
1333th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:19post reply

quote:
It's true! I've never met anyone who didn't love Katamari...except those elephants and gun-shooting policeman I rolled up yesterday, but they'll come around. minna daisuki katamari~

I have, but those people suck anyway.

This is the number one game I want to see at E3.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

Undead Fred
2338th Post

"Re(4):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Tue 26 Apr 18:24post reply

quote:

I have, but those people suck anyway.

The only real negative comments I've heard about this game are just mild "it's kinda weird" comments from a couple of people...

Ammadeau
1334th Post

"Re(5):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Tue 26 Apr 20:36post reply

I've heard that it's boring, too easy, and also too hard from at least one person. But I don't respect the opinions of a single person who has slagged it. It is still one of my fav games of all time, and one of the very few that I could play though endlessly without getting sick of it. It's just so much fun with so much charm.

exodus
2593th Post

"Re(6):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Wed 27 Apr 01:52post reply

I'm just worried this game will be exactly the same, but with a 2 on it.

Ishmael
1971th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Wed 27 Apr 01:56post reply

quote:
I'm just worried this game will be exactly the same, but with a 2 on it.

What do you want added, stealth elements and carjacking?

Iggy
6390th Post

"Re(8):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Wed 27 Apr 01:59post reply

Of course it will be the exact same game with new maps. It's called the Crazy Taxi syndrome amongst other names.
quote:

There already was carjacking in the first one. And stealth as well : human people don't notice a 1m ball of junk running before them.
On the other hand, I think the game lacked prostitutes.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

exodus
2596th Post

"Re(8):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Wed 27 Apr 02:09post reply

quote:

more boobs, and give the prince a gun.

Ammadeau
1335th Post

"Re(9):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Wed 27 Apr 02:21post reply

quote:
Of course it will be the exact same game with new maps. It's called the Crazy Taxi syndrome amongst other names.

That doesn't fit for me, since what ruined CT was the adding of a new gameplay element, the crazy hop. All the other failures are directly connected to that in my mind.

Undead Fred
2340th Post

"Re(9):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katamar" , posted Wed 27 Apr 02:49post reply

quote:

More guns, and give the Prince boobs.

exodus
2597th Post

"Re(10):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katama" , posted Wed 27 Apr 03:24post reply

OH SNAP.

Boob guns!!! It's so simple, why didn't I think of it before!? you shoot it and it makes boobs grow wherever you fire! If acclaim were alive right now I could sell this idea to them and become fabulously wealthy.

nobinobita
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(10):Namco boldly declares: We Love Katama" , posted Wed 27 Apr 04:49post reply

quote:

He could also use a green gotee.

Or maybe ash white skin.

And a gritty new backstory ... make it some sort of tragic, revenge epic... for instance...

The young Prince has sold his soul to the King of the Cosmos and now must roll Katamari's at the beck and call of his master. Drunk with power and caring only for himself (he is an antihero after all) the Prince one day goes on a mad rolling spree only to find that he's rolled up his wife and child! Cut off from the only things he loves, the prince swears vengence on his former mentor (and father!). But how can one little man defeat a God??? Roll on with white hot rage and fury until you create a Katamari big enough to swallow the King of the Cosmos himself! Now THAT's a story with teeth!

Spoon
913th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Re(10):Namco boldly declares: We Love" , posted Wed 27 Apr 05:24:post reply

quote:

He could also use a green gotee.

Or maybe ash white skin.

And a gritty new backstory ... make it some sort of tragic, revenge epic... for instance...

The young Prince has sold his soul to the King of the Cosmos and now must roll Katamari's at the beck and call of his master. Drunk with power and caring only for himself (he is an antihero after all) the Prince one day goes on a mad rolling spree only to find that he's rolled up his wife and child! Cut off from the only things he loves, the prince swears vengence on his former mentor (and father!). But how can one little man defeat a God??? Roll on with white hot rage and fury until you create a Katamari big enough to swallow the King of the Cosmos himself! Now THAT's a story with teeth!

You're forgetting the part where he rolls up a harem of women into an erotic, moaning mass, and then, after sexually abusing them, sacrifices them in a violent and gory manner in order to further his dark powers.

And he will transform into a great serpent, encircling the virgin cosmos which he has rolled together, and crush it in an act of sexually repressed rage.

Because the prince has been kept a little boy long enough.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Wed 27 Apr 05:56]

Maou
588th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Re(10):Namco boldly declares: We Love" , posted Wed 27 Apr 07:27post reply

I like all these devious Katamari ideas. But what I'd really enjoy is a bonus mode in Minna Daisuki Katamari where you get to be the king and roll planets and galaxies and quasars together into a Katamari of even more epic scope.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Undead Fred
2342th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Namco boldly declares: We Love " , posted Wed 27 Apr 07:37post reply

quote:
OH SNAP.

Boob guns!!! It's so simple, why didn't I think of it before!? you shoot it and it makes boobs grow wherever you fire! If acclaim were alive right now I could sell this idea to them and become fabulously wealthy.

Ha ha ha! They'd be like those cannons on the Incredibles, except instead of silvery expanding blobs, they would fire growing boobs.

Spoon
914th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Re(10):Namco boldly declares: We Love" , posted Wed 27 Apr 08:22post reply

quote:
OH SNAP.

Ha ha ha! They'd be like those cannons on the Incredibles, except instead of silvery expanding blobs, they would fire growing boobs.

Breast Missles?