MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - Semis - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4327 Views )

TheBeast
1841th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - Semis" , posted Mon 25 Apr 16:29post reply

The polls:

Makoto ("SF") VS Shermie ("KoF")
Makoto ("SF")
Shermie ("KoF")
Results

Vanessa ("KoF") VS Chun Li ("SF")
Vanessa ("KoF")
Chun Li ("SF")
Results

Comments:
So it has come down to 2 SF VS KOF matches for the semis of the MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Game Girls.

The third seeded Makoto eliminated the strong I-No (who has upset the top seeded Baiken) to advance in her group. Shermie, the sixth seeded in her group, overcame all odds to overthrow the top 3 seeds and emerged victorious. Now the two tough fighters will have to face off each other to secure a spot for the final, facing the winner of the "battle of the top seeds" - Vanessa versus Chun-Li.

Who shall advance? You get to decide! Vote away!

Replies:

TheBeast
1843th Post

"Results so far..." , posted Mon 25 Apr 16:30:post reply

Results so far:

Group A
Baiken ("GG")VS Foxy ("KoF")VS Nakoruru ("SS")
I-no ("GG")VS Millia ("GG")
Makoto ("SF") VS Kasumi ("Ryuuko")
Jenet ("MotW") VS Vice ("KoF")

Baiken ("GG")VS I-no ("GG")
Makoto ("SF") VS Jenet ("MotW")

I-no ("GG")VS Makoto ("SF")

Winner of Group A: Makoto ("SF")

Group B:
Vanessa ("KoF")VS Hibiki ("Gekka")VS Q-Bee ("Vampire")
Jam ("GG") VS Anna ("Tekken Advance")
Sakura ("SF")VS Reimi ("VG")
Leona ("KoF")VS Angel ("KoF")

Vanessa ("KoF")VS Jam ("GG")
Sakura ("SF")VS Leona ("KoF")

Vanessa ("KoF")VS Leona ("KoF")

Winner of Group C: Vanessa ("KoF")

Group C:
Chun Li ("SF")VS Mary ("GD")VS Tabasa ("PF")
Kula ("KoF")VS Bulleta ("Vampire")
Elena ("SF")VS Rose ("SF")
Jinju/May Lee ("KoF")VS Ayako ("VG")

Chun Li ("SF")VS Kula ("KoF")
Elena ("SF")VS Jinju/May Lee ("KoF")

Chun Li ("SF")VS Elena ("SF")

Winner of Group C: Chun Li ("SF")

Group D:
Ibuki ("SF")VS Morrigan ("Vampire")VS Yuri ("Ryuuko")
Mai ("GD")VS Felicia ("Vampire")
Hinako ("KoF")VS Shermie ("KoF")
Lei Lei ("Vampire")VS Diana ("KoF")

Ibuki ("SF")VS Mai ("GD")
Shermie("KoF")VS Lei Lei ("Vampire")

Ibuki ("SF")VS Shermie("KoF")

Winner of Group D: Shermie("KoF")

[this message was edited by TheBeast on Mon 25 Apr 17:12]

KTallguy
609th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Results so far..." , posted Mon 25 Apr 22:36post reply

I'm actually surprised Ibuki made it as far as she did... =) But I'm still happy...

It was a good fight Ibuki... you can rest now.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Time Mage
2101th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Mon 25 Apr 23:40post reply

Go Makoto! Seichusen Godanzuki!

Evenor
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Tue 26 Apr 00:35post reply

Shermie's 92cm chest will easily destroy Makoto!

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Ishmael
1967th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Tue 26 Apr 01:16post reply

There's so much that's so good but only one can win...

Shermie is jolly fun when she's in her standard grappler mode but she currently suffers in the looks department due to SNKP's inability to mesh new sprites with the old animation. Makoto and her big Fred Flinstone feet get the vote.

Vanessa is great but Chun-Li has been around longer. Do I go with my established choice or do I pick someone new? My vote goes with Chun-Li so I don't look like some sort of silly flirt. That, and I keep screwing up Vanessa's charge moves so she looses half a point for that.

IkariDC
331th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Tue 26 Apr 03:30post reply

I voted for Shermie and for Chun.

I'm not a Makoto or a Shermie player, so as far as the looks goes, Shermie wins!

I like Vanessa, but Chun is a classic and such a babe... plus Vanessa won over Leona, so screw her!

JLG
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Tue 26 Apr 06:28post reply

Shermie always has creeped me out. SHE HAS NO EYES

The Makoto fanboy I am, I'm predictabally putting all my support for her. I'd argue Makoto is the better character - she's actually a rather unconventional fighting game character. She's not convetionally cute like SNK's Ryoko or Yuri, or for fanservice like... well, most of the fighting game girls in the genre. She's fun to play as if just for her over the top animations.

Plus, she's got to save her family's dojo. You wouldn't want her long-standing dojo, full of tradition, to be torn down and replaced with a mall, do you?

Vote Makoto. Vote for eyes.

I also voted for Vanessa because, in my personal, subjective opinion, I think Chun-Li is highly overrated. Seriously, the market is oversaturated with Chun-Li. I'm tired of seeing her everywhere. And Vanessa's red hair is sexier.

(I really hope I didn't come off as creepy and damaged my favorite characters' chances )

Gojira
1694th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Tue 26 Apr 07:49post reply

quote:
Shermie's 92cm chest will easily destroy Makoto!

Makoto's "CHESTO" will easily destroy Shermie's 92cm chest!

Off with your nose

Nate
514th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Tue 26 Apr 08:36post reply

Definitely Shermie and Vanessa.

I like Makoto (suck at playing as her) but Shermie's way more fun to play as and has far cuter extra animations that show just how much SNK likes her, if you ask me. She's a character made with love. How can you watch her 2002 dancing taunt and not crack a smile?

As for Vanessa, she's a very neat design, not a cutesy type in the least (not even too fanservicey), and a really effective character gameplay-wise. Plus, she's a redhead divorcee in her thirties who punches the crap out of you. Come on. It's hard to go wrong with that. Chun-Li, while she is the first female of fighting games and all, is overexposed. I like her too, but she's never the first female character I go to when she's in a game.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

TheBeast
1843th Post

"Re(2):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Thu 28 Apr 10:54post reply

Bump for Makoto and Vanessa supporters.

trogdor
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Thu 28 Apr 13:52post reply

this poll is meaningless b/c cammy wasn't even nominated :-(

anna from tekken advance??? what the hell?!

O.o

TheBeast
1844th Post

"Re(4):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Thu 28 Apr 19:30post reply

quote:
this poll is meaningless b/c cammy wasn't even nominated :-(

anna from tekken advance??? what the hell?!

O.o

The 36 girls taken for this tourney is based on a poll on this forum that requests that members nominate their top 5 favorite Fighting game girls. Those who made it into this tourney, received at least 2 nominations from 2 members. Cammy isn't in it because she didn't receive enough nominations.

It wasn't something that I pull off, so I fail to see the "meaningless" that you spoke of.

trogdor
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Fri 29 Apr 03:58post reply

putting anna there is like nominating chun li for street fighter ex. chun li might have been cool in 3D, but she is definitely much cooler as a 2D character. tekken advance is just a crappy port of tekken 3 with choppier animations. The developers intended for that game to look and feel like its 3D counter part. In that respect, i hardly consider the game 2D.

Maou
597th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):MMCafe's Favourite 2D Fighting Girl - S" , posted Fri 29 Apr 04:10post reply

quote:
putting anna there is like nominating chun li for street fighter ex.

Fortunately, this is all irrelevant now because it's come to a dramatic fight between KoF and SF girls. Can you punch your way to glory? Well, can you? If Makoto loses to Shermie I'll question the unquestionable power of the red bra. Go Chun-Li!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...