GrandC
32th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 02:29post reply

Here's the first unconfirmed image of Xbox360:

The Console
Detailed Shot

Magic Box reported that Xbox 360 can be placed horizontally or vertically like the PlayStation 2, there are two memory card slots, and the system seems to use wireless controllers instead of traditional wired controllers.

IGN reported a list of launch titles for Microsoft's Xbox 360, which includes: Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft / Rare), Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft), Test Drive (Atari), Need for Speed Underground 3 (EA), Burnout (EA / Criterion), New Racing Game (Namco)

And don't forget, two RPGs from Mistwalker!!!

In addition, Microsoft plans to launch Xbox 360 with 15 - 20 titles, including a revised Halo 2.5, which features high resolution graphics, 720p, wide-screen support. Halo 2.5 is supposed to be a bundled title with the hard drive add-on.

Replies:

crazymike
1101th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 03:05post reply

Magicbox = 0wned

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /0504/xbox2-a.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

GekigangerV
1087th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 03:16post reply

quote:
Magicbox = 0wned

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /0504/xbox2-a.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

You can go see it if you go through the magicbox website or if you copy and paste the url. I guess the magicbox doesn't allow linking directly to images.

Pollyanna
1037th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 06:37post reply

A lot of racing games...
I mean, I understand that racing games sell fairly well for Xbox, but it's counterproductive to have so many as launch titles. They'll get in each other's way.

Minuteman
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 07:55:post reply

These might work better...

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36059/Xbox- 360/ [teamxbox.com]

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36060/Xbox- 360/ [teamxbox.com]

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36061/Xbox- 360/ [teamxbox.com]

I think, if these are real, two things can be said:

1 - I hope from now on, every home console can be horizontal or vertical style

2 - Wireless controllers are the new standard (I hope)

If this is real, I like the design. Now let's see the controller (hopefully it's just the Type-S again, ala the PS2 using the duel schock) and the games running in real time, not FMV's.

And yes...if that is true, too many racing games for launch day (even though I love racing games)

[this message was edited by Minuteman on Mon 25 Apr 08:01]

crazymike
1102th Post

"Re(5):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 08:27post reply

Actually, here is the REAL photo of the new Xbox

Behold!

Grave
901th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 08:39post reply

quote:
Behold!

lol xbox huge am i rite

really, I thought we were past this stuff :(

Burning Ranger
1179th Post

"Re(1):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 08:49post reply

quote:
Here's the first unconfirmed image of Xbox360:

The Console
Detailed Shot

Magic Box reported that Xbox 360 can be placed horizontally or vertically like the PlayStation 2, there are two memory card slots, and the system seems to use wireless controllers instead of traditional wired controllers.

IGN reported a list of launch titles for Microsoft's Xbox 360, which includes: Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft / Rare), Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft), Test Drive (Atari), Need for Speed Underground 3 (EA), Burnout (EA / Criterion), New Racing Game (Namco)

And don't forget, two RPGs from Mistwalker!!!

In addition, Microsoft plans to launch Xbox 360 with 15 - 20 titles, including a revised Halo 2.5, which features high resolution graphics, 720p, wide-screen support. Halo 2.5 is supposed to be a bundled title with the hard drive add-on.

My brothers saw these images on the Internets, and have to reiterate what I told them: Don't believe everything you see. There have been countless shots of what was supposed to be the PS3 and Xbox2-- hell, even remember all those shots that came out when the DC and Xbox were supposed to come out.\

Just wait until official announcements are made.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Ammadeau
1332th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 11:16post reply

Except these are confirmed images by people who work for MS and journalists who have actually seen the real thing. No more rumors.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

kurushimi
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 13:22post reply

quote:
Except these are confirmed images by people who work for MS and journalists who have actually seen the real thing. No more rumors.

I'm not going to doubt its authenticity if you say it's been confirmed by MS staff and/or journalists, but one of those pics has to be an earlier model or something. It's been pointed out in other forms already, but look at the eject button in both pics. In the first pic, it's pointing to the left, but in the detailed shot (which shows the modular hard drive, a slide-in attachment), the eject button has been rotated 90 degrees.

Overall though, the design's gonna take some getting used to - for some reason, it reminds me of my DirecTV box.

Undead Fred
2330th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 20:07post reply

quote:
A lot of racing games...
I mean, I understand that racing games sell fairly well for Xbox, but it's counterproductive to have so many as launch titles. They'll get in each other's way.

That, and you'll only be raking in fans of racing games for this stupid early launch. Unless they add a few non-EA non-racing games, then this sounds like an extremely weak launch to me...

KTallguy
610th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Mon 25 Apr 22:51post reply

Also, I'm wondering why they made it all curvy again like the last X-box. If they are trying to sell it in Japan...people stack their stuff because they have less room... so... kind of counterproductive.

However, the asthetics are much nicer than the original X-box. The idea that wireless controllers come standard is a smart, but will most likely drive the cost up... X-box 360 will probably sell at a loss in Japan and they will hope to make it up with software. However, if it never catches on in the first place....

American kiddies, on the other hand, will most likely snap this up... I wonder if the lineup will make any difference.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Ishmael
1966th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Tue 26 Apr 01:08post reply

A side question, but are wireless controllers that much better than the standard grounded ones? Maybe it's just because I'm happy in my little analog world but is there that big a difference?

Fuchikoma
1267th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Tue 26 Apr 01:59post reply

The main problem with wireless controllers is that they have their own power source. I hope to god they aren't the kind that require AA batteries... hopefully they'll have their own battery with a little recharge bay. It's still a bitch though when you're playing a game and the battery in your controller dies.

Burning Ranger
1182th Post

"Re(8):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Tue 26 Apr 02:54post reply

quote:
The main problem with wireless controllers is that they have their own power source. I hope to god they aren't the kind that require AA batteries... hopefully they'll have their own battery with a little recharge bay. It's still a bitch though when you're playing a game and the battery in your controller dies.

Also, consider that the Xbox2 (I won't call it 360 at least until MS confirms it) will likely have voice support (like the current Xbox has). If the voice adaptor connects straight into the controller, that's more information that needs to be sent over wireless. It could lead to degraded voice or game lag.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

legalstep
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):First Image of Xbox360" , posted Tue 26 Apr 08:00post reply

meh...

Undead Fred
2334th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"First Image of XTREEMbox720" , posted Tue 26 Apr 08:17post reply

quote:
Also, I'm wondering why they made it all curvy again like the last X-box. If they are trying to sell it in Japan...people stack their stuff because they have less room... so... kind of counterproductive.

However, the asthetics are much nicer than the original X-box. The idea that wireless controllers come standard is a smart, but will most likely drive the cost up... X-box 360 will probably sell at a loss in Japan and they will hope to make it up with software. However, if it never catches on in the first place....

American kiddies, on the other hand, will most likely snap this up... I wonder if the lineup will make any difference.

Yeah, it just seems like every new feature in the new XBox will work AGAINST whatever advantage it would have had by being out early... the hard drive being optional will (according to past tradition, at least) just mean that hardly any developers use it because they'd rather have maximum compatibility with the basic XBox2, the wireless controllers require their own power sources... which could be really annoying if you're used to using standard controllers that don't require battery changes, and the launch games and console design don't look like they're going to help it sell much more than the first XBox in Japan... well, as far as I can tell anyway. That part's just a THEORY. I just have a feeling it'll do even worse over there this time, and I thought that's pretty much why the console's coming out a year earlier than the competition- to get a jump on the Japanese gaming market.

XBOX 2 MAKES ME SAD