Mikami + Clover Studio - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3321 Views )

Iggy
6373th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Mikami + Clover Studio" , posted Fri 22 Apr 22:44post reply

The Clover Studio is really an intriguing entity inside Capcom (I wonder why Takushu hasn't joined it yet).
After Mikami saying he wouldn't do the PS2 port of BH4, then he wouldn't do a BH game anymore, then he would leave Capcom, then he wouldn't, here is Mikami directing a new game inside the Clover Studio. No more detail, don't ask me traduction you brats.

It's all very good and superb and tiptop, but I really would like the Studio to stop talking shit on how they will revolutionintendize the market for a minute and release at least an interesting game someday.

Ôkami is really pretty.

ガラハド  「ねんがんの アイスソードをてにいれたぞ!」
  :そう かんけいないね
   メ几
→ :木又してでも うばいとる
  :ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Ishmael
1962th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Mikami + Clover Studio" , posted Sat 23 Apr 00:01post reply

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's getting frustrated with Clover's love of putting out pretty pictures without any real idea of what sort of game they can attach them to. If and when they put out a game I like I'll change my tune but until then the studio feels more like a vanity project.

ofAaAfo
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Mikami + Clover Studio" , posted Sat 23 Apr 00:59post reply

It's high time someone tell them to play Wolf or Lion...

legalstep
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Mikami + Clover Studio" , posted Sat 23 Apr 01:21post reply

Those screens must be from the retooled Okami. Will this be another arthouse game that nobody buys?

exodus
2583th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Mikami + Clover Studio" , posted Sat 23 Apr 01:35post reply

unfortunately I made enemies with inaba at GDC because I had to leave quickly to attend a furious girlfriend, but I did see what his game looks like.

Looks like a standard action game with some story elements. I really doubt that it will be much of a revolution, but it will look kind of nice. He said some words that I wrote about here.

highlandcattle
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Mikami + Clover Studio" , posted Sat 23 Apr 19:11post reply

quote:

After Mikami saying he wouldn't do the PS2 port of BH4, then he wouldn't do a BH game anymore, then he would leave Capcom, then he wouldn't, here is Mikami directing a new game inside the Clover Studio. No more detail, don't ask me traduction you brats.

I found it relativly odd that gamers who don't read Edge are badly informed.In Edge 138 (July 2004)
It's clearly stated in an interview with Inaba that Mikami would join Clover after he finishes Biohazard 4.In issue 139 Inafune mentioned that he doesn't like the clover experiment

my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/highlandcattle /