Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4795 Views )

NARUTO
3007th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Thu 21 Apr 19:46post reply

Well maybe the AW SS rumor wasn't just a umor after all!!

Link here!

And SNK have updated their Nejibako site with a Fuuma vids, some arts, and Q&A...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Replies:

Stifu
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Thu 21 Apr 19:54:post reply

Cool, thanks !

It's a site about the whole SS series, not just the new AW one... Actually, there is nothing about SS AW there, there's nothing much at all for now... But it has just opened, so that explains it.
Let's wait and see, as usual !

About the rumors Iggy posted, he posted several of them... I guess a few of them were true while others were bullshit.
If the beta test rumor is true, then it's for tomorrow...

PS: I think it's the first time I see you write "Ne*J*ibako" correctly. :p

----

Edit:
I think Yuki isn't working on the new SS, but Playmore would be... I could be wrong, of course, but here are the things that made me think so:

- http://www.samurai-zero.jp, the SS site by Yuki, gives no news about the new official SS website (could be because it's too new though)
- I've never ever seen the SS Yuki site mentioned anywhere on Playmore's site, but this time Playmore mention it in their news and all
- The website seems to be done by Playmore. For instance, the SS1 video you can download is in the same format as the videos you can download on the NBC site (exe file that decompresses itself)
- No mention of Yuki anywhere on the website

By the way, I think I noticed the hint about the new SS on the site, despite the fact I don't know any Japanese.
In the SS1 page, you can see all the SS titles at the top. The last one is "?". That would be the next SS.

[this message was edited by Stifu on Thu 21 Apr 20:17]

CHAZumaru
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Thu 21 Apr 21:55post reply

quote:

In the SS1 page, you can see all the SS titles at the top. The last one is "?". That would be the next SS.

Also notice that they didn't consider Supisupe as a new game, it will apparently be featured in the Samspizero section.

Anyway, this confirms that SNK has something to announce about Samspi.

Red Falcon
5453th Post

"Re(1):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 00:34post reply

Pleased, I am. I hope that Gandara and Yuga return as bosses, heh heh. I'd like to see them in a 2D game.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Abster
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 00:36post reply

This is exciting. Can't wait to see what the new SS title will be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Stifu
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 00:46post reply

I just wonder whether Yuki will do it or not. I was thinking maybe Yuki soured their relationships with Playmore with the canned SSZS Perfect / Final...

If Playmore does it, will they have what it takes to do something good ? NBC doesn't seem that bad so far, but let's wait for it to be released.

Cain Highwind
535th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 02:05post reply

quote:
I just wonder whether Yuki will do it or not. I was thinking maybe Yuki soured their relationships with Playmore with the canned SSZS Perfect / Final...

If Playmore does it, will they have what it takes to do something good ? NBC doesn't seem that bad so far, but let's wait for it to be released.

Well I don't see Yuki mentioned as a copyright/trademark anywhere.

I have to say though this site looks AWESOME! The layout, the style, everything. So this site is to SS like the KoF10th site is to KoF?

Stifu
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 03:00post reply

quote:
Well I don't see Yuki mentioned as a copyright/trademark anywhere.

I know. However, that could be because the site is about the SS series in general, not just about the 2 SSZ games and the SS AW. And you know, Playmore owns the SS series, not Yuki... But we could imagine something like Yuki being mentioned just in the pages of the games they worked / are working on.
We could also imagine a work hand in hand between Playmore and Yuki, much like for KoF 2002 between Playmore and Eolith...
Still, hopes are low.

Iggy
6367th Post

"Re(1):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 04:58post reply

All my rumors were bullshit, and Imoya is making the game? Supisupe kuro rekishi ?

Farewell Samusupi, I loved you !

ガラハド  「ねんがんの アイスソードをてにいれたぞ!」
  :そう かんけいないね
   メ几
→ :木又してでも うばいとる
  :ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Abster
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 08:06post reply

Well, it can't get much worse than what SS0 was, or can it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

Iron D
2662th Post

"Er..." , posted Fri 22 Apr 08:29post reply

...so what's the general opinion on SS0/5? Is it generally well liked? Anybody think it's the best or worst of the series?

I've played it once (at UCLA's arcade) but I didn't play enough to get a real feel for if I like it as much as I like SS2 and SS64.

And since it look like it might come to a home system stateside (someone mentioned it was being released for Xbox live, I believe), I may buy it. Especially since there has not yet been ANY way for me to own SS2 or SS64...

Zelkin. Pimped.

Shin_ATproof
1167th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Er..." , posted Fri 22 Apr 09:34post reply

quote:
...so what's the general opinion on SS0/5? Is it generally well liked? Anybody think it's the best or worst of the series?

Well...
Its certainly one one the better games of the series. However they all pale compared to the freak'n awesomeness that is SS0SP.

Seriously Special is freak'n bliss.

UCLA arcade? Xcape(sp)? You should try Arcade Infinity since it has Special...don't expect much competition for the game since there is only like 3 or 4 people that play the game competitively.........

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Iron D
2664th Post

"Re(2):Er..." , posted Fri 22 Apr 09:45post reply

quote:

Well...
Its certainly one one the better games of the series. However they all pale compared to the freak'n awesomeness that is SS0SP.

Seriously Special is freak'n bliss.

UCLA arcade? Xcape(sp)? You should try Arcade Infinity since it has Special...don't expect much competition for the game since there is only like 3 or 4 people that play the game competitively.........

So special is perhaps the best in the series?

And where is this Arcade Infinity?

Zelkin. Pimped.

Chupiler
899th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Er..." , posted Fri 22 Apr 09:56post reply

IMO, and most of my friends agree that SS2 is the best. Anything after doesn't could as SS. SS0Sp is a fun game, but it's just not SS to me...

And if you're going to AI, give TRF2 some lovin'. I would, but AI's just too far with gas being this expensive...

Ultima
390th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Er..." , posted Fri 22 Apr 11:28post reply

quote:
IMO, and most of my friends agree that SS2 is the best. Anything after doesn't could as SS. SS0Sp is a fun game, but it's just not SS to me...

I still think SS2 is the best in the series. SS3 is absolute rubbish, SS4 isn't much better. Don't even talk about the a abysmal SS64 games and New Chapter of Blade. They don't exist as far as I'm concerned.

SS0 is pretty damn good, overpowered Yoshitora and Yunfei notwithstanding. It's close enough to SS to count. Since I have yet to play SS0S, I put SS0 as the second best in the series (SS1 is still fun, but is not only archaic, it has some serious SNK91 control issues and awful hit detection).

Someone call me when bullshit SS rumours turn into something more concrete. I'll be really pissed if some jackass got my hopes up for nothing...

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

Amakusa
605th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 11:35post reply

Bullshit. The best Samurai Shodown was SS62 2.

SS0 Special sucks rocks for some reason, worse than SS3 which I really hated. Maybe it's because the game hasn't aged well, or maybe it's because I was using Mizuki at the time, or what? It didn't feel all that exciting.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Abster
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 12:05post reply

SS2 remains my all time favorite. SS0 Special was my second favorite (Of course, before Imoya censored the shit out of it) I never played the SS64 games, but the first SS0 felt too much like SS4 for my tastes.

KTallguy
605th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 12:16post reply

SSO has a pretty deep system when it comes down to it, good guessing games and no characters are too overpowered.

It's a shame that it isn't more popular in Japan. I wonder what they will do to revitalize the series...

But a new game is exciting ... at least. =)

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Shingo The One
490th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 13:21post reply

quote:
All my rumors were bullshit, and Imoya is making the game? Supisupe kuro rekishi ?

Well Iggy-san,who knows what fighting game will we prefer and enjoy by the end of this year; the new Samurai, Nejibako or the new KOF.Let's just wait and see shall we?

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Iggy
6368th Post

"Re(3):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 15:36post reply

quote:
I never played the SS64 games, but the first SS0 felt too much like SS4 for my tastes.

WTF.The 64 games had the SS combination !
For me, Supisupe >SS0=SSS>SS>>>>>>>(hundreds of galaxies away)>>>>>everything else.

ガラハド  「ねんがんの アイスソードをてにいれたぞ!」
  :そう かんけいないね
   メ几
→ :木又してでも うばいとる
  :ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

GrandC
31th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 16:08post reply

Samurai Spirits Zero is just stupid.
It's not fun! Samurai Spirits IV is the best for me!

Stifu
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 16:24:post reply

Basically, I'd say SS5 is like SS4 with more characters and better gameplay, but a worse presentation. Advantages outweight down points to me, so I like SS5 better.
SS5S is clearly my favorite though.

I'm worried about what this new SS will turn into. Is it the end of the collaboration between Yuki and SNKP ?

[this message was edited by Stifu on Fri 22 Apr 18:57]

NARUTO
3008th Post

"Re(2):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 16:37post reply

quote:
Pleased, I am. I hope that Gandara and Yuga return as bosses, heh heh. I'd like to see them in a 2D game.

Well, please just not as hard as the 3D version...Even If I didn't palyed it that much, I'm growing tired of Female Yuga's combo: wing slash> down > fireball > fireball > fireball > dead!..>_<

quote:

For me, Supisupe >SS0=SSS>SS>>>>>>>(hundreds of galaxies away)>>>>>everything else.

Shouldn't you add Vampire somewhere???

IMO SS2 and SS4 where the best of the series.

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Oroch
805th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 18:53post reply

quote:

Well, please just not as hard as the 3D version...Even If I didn't palyed it that much, I'm growing tired of Female Yuga's combo: wing slash> down > fireball > fireball > fireball > dead!..>_<

Shouldn't you add Vampire somewhere???

IMO SS2 and SS4 where the best of the series.

man o man

looking at all those ss titles on one page brings a tear to my eye

the fun i used to have

Toxico
4058th Post

"Re(2):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Sat 23 Apr 03:23post reply

quote:

Don't worry, in 7 years yuki will take those sprites and do a neat game with them.

I don't know if it's to early to be glad or sad about anything...

See??? He is a God...

tenguman
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Sat 23 Apr 04:00post reply

quote:

Totally agreed.
SS Zero stinks.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Pollyanna
1032th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(6):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Sat 23 Apr 04:20post reply

I didn't enjoy SS Zero very much either, but that doesn't stop it from being the best game in the series. I think (as was said) it just didn't age well. When SS0 came out without flashy systems and dated, choppy sprites, a lot of people felt as if they had played it before.

I lost interest against the CPU quickly, but that's only because I played SS4 to death. I can't imagine someone saying SS4 is better though. In what way is it better? I think if you play VS (which is the real deciding factor in any fighter) you might feel differently.

Stifu
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Sat 23 Apr 04:32post reply

quote:
I didn't enjoy SS Zero very much either, but that doesn't stop it from being the best game in the series.

How is SSZ overall superior to SSZS ?

Pollyanna
1034th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(8):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Sat 23 Apr 05:51post reply

quote:

How is SSZ overall superior to SSZS ?

OK, sorry. SSZS is best. I used "SSZ" as an "umbrella term".

Shin_ATproof
1168th Post

"Re(3):Er..." , posted Sat 23 Apr 09:31post reply

quote:
So special is perhaps the best in the series?

And where is this Arcade Infinity?

yeah to put it in better prespective..
SS2=SSF2T
SS0SP=3rdStrike

Arcade Infinity is at the Diamond Plaza in Rowland Heights
1380 South Fullerton Road

and yeah, if you go there, be sure to give Rumble Fish 2 a whirl...its fantastic.

Nate
510th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Samurai spirit Official site OPEN!!!" , posted Sat 23 Apr 10:10post reply

quote:

Totally agreed.
SS Zero stinks.

What exactly was so much better about SSIV?

Samurai Combination? Come on. Why do characters need to pull 14-hit combos out of their asses just to fill the Ikari gauge? When did Samusupi become Tekken?

While I like the Shura/Rasetsu system myself, in most cases combining moves together worked pretty well in SS0. Besides, some characters had mostly the same attacks give or take maybe two between the Shura and Rasetsu (sup Charlotte). Admittedly there was some good divergence between the two by the time the NG64 games came out, but still.

I kind of liked the double life gauges but SS is also built around trying to get a big hit in that will do lots of damage. Even if you got one good lick in you'd need to get another few just because of that double lifebar. It doesn't feel like SS in that respect.

If it's the story that's so great, SSS had a much better one and I feel SS0 did it better as well.

I don't know, maybe I like the strategic aspect of the sword gauge and the other new stuff introduced by SS0. I don't see how SSIV is so much better.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Stifu
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Er..." , posted Sat 23 Apr 17:14post reply

quote:
SS2=SSF2T
SS0SP=3rdStrike

Just to be picky, I'd say it's more like SS0SP=SFA3. :p

Ultima
391th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Er..." , posted Sun 24 Apr 05:05post reply

quote:
SS2=SSF2T
SS0SP=3rdStrike
Just to be picky, I'd say it's more like SS0SP=SFA3. :p

Heh. Well, I guess it's which ever "post ST Street Fighter game you think is best". :p

I prefer A3, so I'd go with that comparison.

And for people who played SS4 against other people *and* were actually good at it would know that SS4 is lame (Slash Sogetsu/Bust Tam Tam/Bust Amakusa WHAT). This is on top of the shitty systems it both introduced (CD combos) and what it retained from SS3 (Slash/Bust system).

Also, on a more subjective note, I thought SS4's presentation was awful. I thought SS0 was better in that aspect as well. SS0 had way more storyline scenes and dialogue. Of course I couldn't read any of it, but I appreciated the fact that it was there. :p I also thought SS0 had better backgrounds and better use of colours.

--

Shin_ATproof
1169th Post

"Re(6):Er..." , posted Sun 24 Apr 05:37post reply

quote:

Heh. Well, I guess it's which ever "post ST Street Fighter game you think is best". :p

I prefer A3, so I'd go with that comparison.

Heh, yeah that was pretty much what I was going for.

quote:

And for people who played SS4 against other people *and* were actually good at it would know that SS4 is lame (Slash Sogetsu/Bust Tam Tam/Bust Amakusa WHAT).

Bust Sogetsu was probably the most powerful character in SS4. Ikari meter enhanced attacks in SS4 was a horrible idea......

Stifu
110th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Er..." , posted Sun 24 Apr 06:18post reply

Well, to explain my SFA3 comparison...
SFA and SS3 are 2 games that radically changed their series, starting up from scratch, and both got released in 1995.
The SFA series has anime looking characters (not many colors used), while it wasn't the case with the SF2 games. The same goes for SS3 onward, compared to SS1/2.
Also, SFA3 has shitloads of characters, the same goes for SS5S.

As for the SF3 series, it doesn't have as many characters, and sprites are impressive and extremely well animated. So, if SS6 was made up from scratch (one can dream), then you could probably consider it the SS counterpart to SF3/3rd Strike. (despite the fact they haven't been made at the same time at all)

Abster
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(8):Er..." , posted Sun 24 Apr 07:07post reply

SS0 still seemed to promote combos, though it was less reliable on them. (Not to mention Charlotte's 14 hitter hidden in SS0SP) I liked SS4, but SS0 felt too much like SS4 for my taste, plus its storyline was Japanese only.

Ultima
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Er..." , posted Wed 27 Apr 05:59post reply

Shin ATproof:

> Bust Sogetsu was probably the most powerful character in SS4. Ikari meter enhanced attacks in SS4 was a horrible idea......

I think you're mixing up Bust Sogetsu with Slash Sogetsu. Slash Sogetsu is the super retarded one. Slash Sogetsu is the one who can inflict up to 100% block damage when POWed. Bust Sogetsu is merely an Akuma scrubs' wet dream - annoying to fight against, but nothing that special, even when POWed.

--

Shin_ATProof
1178th Post

"Re(8):Er..." , posted Wed 27 Apr 16:19post reply

quote:

I think you're mixing up Bust Sogetsu with Slash Sogetsu. Slash Sogetsu is the super retarded one. Slash Sogetsu is the one who can inflict up to 100% block damage when POWed. Bust Sogetsu is merely an Akuma scrubs' wet dream - annoying to fight against, but nothing that special, even when POWed.

I recall Bust Sogetsu is even more broken than Suija in SSO/SS0SP. Same stupid good abilities but what made Bust Sogetsu worse is that with Ikari meter enhanced attacks, his projectiles circle around you for a long time and you can do nothing about it...well...until all the projectiles register as either a block and fizzle out or they make a clean hit...which all you had to do is do the same move again. You never had to think when using him.

Toxico
4062th Post

"Re(9):Er..." , posted Thu 28 Apr 02:56post reply

quote:

I recall Bust Sogetsu is even more broken than Suija in SSO/SS0SP. Same stupid good abilities but what made Bust Sogetsu worse is that with Ikari meter enhanced attacks, his projectiles circle around you for a long time and you can do nothing about it...well...until all the projectiles register as either a block and fizzle out or they make a clean hit...which all you had to do is do the same move again. You never had to think when using him.

But that trap is escapable, the slash sogetsu trap is not; you block one attack, then it's game over for the round... Completely and stupidly broken.

There it was many stupid things like those in Korin, Nakoruru was the absolute retarded tier tough, you eat one jumping or running slash then you'll get yourself infinited. SS4 is the worst SS in the series and overall one of the worst fighters out there. SS0S is the exact opposite.

See??? He is a God...

Shin_ATproof
1180th Post

"Re(10):Er..." , posted Thu 28 Apr 05:22:post reply

quote:

But that trap is escapable, the slash sogetsu trap is not; you block one attack, then it's game over for the round... Completely and stupidly broken.

But to do that trick with Slash Sogetsu, didn't you need a full Ikari meter? With Bust Sogetsu, you don't need a full Ikari meter to start raping. Having a full meter was an added bonus to the BS with the projectiles that lock you down by circling you. I dunno...to me, an advancing airblock, a low recovery time for projectiles and like a quick unblockable throw made that character an exceptionally major pain in the ass to fight against...even if he isn't the most broken character in the game.

quote:
SS4 is the worst SS in the series and overall one of the worst fighters out there. SS0S is the exact opposite.

LOL personally I think the worst of the 2D SS games belongs to SS3. That game had like no testing at all...although it looked pretty. And yeah...Special is freak'n bliss.

[this message was edited by Shin_ATproof on Thu 28 Apr 05:27]

Stifu
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Er..." , posted Thu 28 Apr 05:41post reply

SS3 has a great presentation and some cool musics... but that's it. Gameplay is crap, and I encounter major bugs almost everytime I play it.

Ultima
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Er..." , posted Thu 28 Apr 12:14post reply

> > But that trap is escapable, the slash sogetsu trap is not; you block one attack, then it's game over for the round... Completely and stupidly broken.

> But to do that trick with Slash Sogetsu, didn't you need a full Ikari meter?

Ikari = POW meter, right? If so, then yes. Doesn't matter though: Slash Sogetsu's whole "strategy" is "do whatever until POWed, then water spout you to death. As I said, you can inflict up to 100% damage BLOCKED. If I hadn't seen it in a tournament, I never would have believed it.

> With Bust Sogetsu, you don't need a full Ikari meter to start raping.

What raping? Bust Sogetsu is scrubby, but he's not that good. The instant you see Bust Sogetsu take to the air, just dash at him. You either dash under his projectile spam if he does it late, and if he does it early, you block, and wait for him to take 3 days to land. Either way, you punish him for free.

> Having a full meter was an added bonus to the BS with the projectiles that lock you down by circling you.

Unlike with Slash Sogestu, Bust Sogetsu can't kill you right out if you block his projectile spam. All Sogetsu can do is throw projectiles and run.

> I dunno...to me, an advancing airblock, a low recovery time for projectiles and like a quick unblockable throw made that character an exceptionally major pain in the ass to fight against...even if he isn't the most broken character in the game.

Trust me, he ain't that good. He might be second tier, but that's about it. In terms of annoyance, he's got nothing on Slash Sogetsu, any Nakoruru, or Bust Tam Tam. And what unblockable throw? Are you talking about his diving grab? It's not unblockable (you can duck it).

Likewise, Suija isn't broken in SS0. He's good, but he's not even as good as Bust Sogetsu, and BUst Sogetsu wasn't broken either.

And yes, SS3 is indeed the worst 2D SS. Still a lot better than SS64 though (dunno about SS64 II, since I've still yet to play that).

--

Shin_ATproof
1180th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Er..." , posted Thu 28 Apr 13:42post reply

So the gameplan with Slash Sogetsu is to build the meter to max and then attack?
I also seem to remember it being a pain in the ass to build Ikari meter in SS4(you either get hit alot or do like the 14 hit dialacombo) and I recall seeing like 70% autocombos. I dunno to me the aformentioned strat for Slash Sogetsu doesn't sound all that powerful but definitely worth it if you do manage to get around to it.

Back in the day when there was some SS4 comp in my area, within reasonable driving distace ofcourse...
I recall Bust Sogetsu having air superiority. If he takes to the air and someone tries to AA him, you use his block special and you put attacker in disadvantage. Opponent waits for him to land, pull out same move, advantage to Sogetsu. You throw his projectiles with a full Ikari meter it doesn't take good timing to lay them on the opponent and when its on them, they really can't do much of anything. Even at normal state if you do it late, like before you land, its hard to punish.
Also...
Backdash Canceling with Sogetsu was pretty good with all of his air attacks, you could play keepaway or reverse an opponents rush with little worry since you're so low to the ground with the moves, there almost no recovery...but then again, thats the advantage to BCing in Samurai Shodown...still a good strat for charaters with Airmoves, love its uses in SS0Sp.

Oh and for his Throw special, I played a round to jog my memory a little...crouching or blocking low resulted in getting hit. High block stops it and yeah, if thats blocked, Sogetsu is very screwed.

Also I recall Yoshitora, Yunfei, Suija, Kusaregedo and Kyoshiro were at the top of the foodchain in SS0...but its been so long since I've played SS0 I don't really care at this point, its all about SS0Sp and there is no looking back for me.

Ultima
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Er..." , posted Fri 29 Apr 05:25:post reply

> So the gameplan with Slash Sogetsu is to build the meter to max and then attack?

Not exactly. As you said, you can't "build" meter except by getting hit or by 14-hit CD combo. As I said, Sogetsu just does whatever until he gets POWed. He's got some decent moves, so it's not as though he's at a disadvantage or anything. BUt once he gets POWed, look out - if you block *or* get hit from one of his spouts, you're going to eat huge damage, depending on how much RAGE time he has left. As I said, I've seen a guy do 100% *block damage*. In a *tournament final* (March Madness 2002). Eddie Lee got totally locked down cause he blocked one spout in the wrong place (a few steps away from his corner) and died for it.

[snip BUst Sogetsu stuff]

As I said, BUst Sogetsu is good, but nowhere near broken like Slash Sogetsu, or even as good as guys like BUst Tam Tam, Bust Amakusa, or Nakoruru. I thikn he hangs around in the second tier with Bust Galford (who's also mindless powerful, but again, nothing like the aforementioned characters).

> Oh and for his Throw special, I played a round to jog my memory a little...crouching or blocking low resulted in getting hit. High block stops it and yeah, if thats blocked, Sogetsu is very screwed.

Well I knew it wasn't unblockable. Couldn't remember exactly which way to block it, and I didn't feel like digging out my Saturn version to check (and I don't have the ROM, oddly enough).

> Also I recall Yoshitora, Yunfei, Suija, Kusaregedo and Kyoshiro were at the top of the foodchain in SS0...

With the exception of Gedo, I agree with that list. I sould definitely have put Suija in top tier in SS0. But he was "good", not "broken". He still has the same vulnerability that Bust Sogetsu has (dash at him the instant he takes to the sky). Like Bust Sogetsu, Suija has to be careful about how he spams projectiles, and can't do it mindlessly. Bust Soggy could be sloppy when he was POWed (though even that was nowhere near the threat that Slash Soggy was), but Suija doesn't have that option. Then again, Suija has Enlightenment, so... :p

> but its been so long since I've played SS0 I don't really care at this point, its all about SS0Sp and there is no looking back for me.

So what did they do to Suija in SS0S? I got the impression he was much the same as in SS0...

--

[this message was edited by Ultima on Fri 29 Apr 07:21]

Iggy
6410th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Er..." , posted Fri 29 Apr 06:15post reply

quote:
So what did they do to Suija in SS0S? I got the impression he was much the same as in SS0...

Yes. Minor tweaks, extremely minor tone down of the slide I think, and that's it. He's one of the characters that had (and needed) the least changes.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!