WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Spoon
902th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Thu 21 Apr 10:00post reply

quote:
I've seen it all now

That 1 of the 2 paragraphs of that article was spent describing what just what Peanuts and Charlie Brown are blows my mind.

I just find it hard to imagine that there are people who are older than say toddlers in the western world that DON'T recognize Snoopy and co.

Will we see the Roger Jr. vs Snoopy/Woodstock dreammatch?
Maybe!

Burning Ranger
1175th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Thu 21 Apr 10:15post reply

quote:

That 1 of the 2 paragraphs of that article was spent describing what just what Peanuts and Charlie Brown are blows my mind.

Don't mind them - that's just standard journalism at work. It's common practice to explain what the pop culture artifact is in articles like this. No big deal, right? You'll find articles talking about the Spiderman movie like this, even though Spiderman is relatively popular.

You know what this means: PEANUTS TAG TOURNAMENT!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Ammadeau
1323th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Thu 21 Apr 11:15post reply

Namco Hometek has yet to make a decent game. I see that trend will continue.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

kurushimi
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Thu 21 Apr 12:20post reply

quote:
Namco Hometek has yet to make a decent game. I see that trend will continue.

I originally thought they made I-Ninja, featuring a character with a similarly large and round head, but turns out they were only the publisher.

They did, however, make Dead to Rights and are in charge of the sequel, which features.....a sidekick attack dog.

I'm not even going to finish that train of thought. Seriously, I was a big Peanuts fan, much to the dismay of my Garfield-addicted frends, but I can't imagine what kind of game could come of this, except for some asinine kart racer.

Or maybe it'll be a game where you're Charlie Brown and you have to try to kick a football.

Sano
1711th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Thu 21 Apr 13:05post reply

Charlie Brown will NEVER kick the Football. Schultz said NO. Don't think his estate would allow such a game either for the same reason. Charlie Brown is a lovable looser. You take that away and there goes his charm, he'll basically become a winner AKA Snoopy(die Snoopy die! The strip was great until Snoopy started walking and stole the show from Chuck and Lucy...) Charlie'll never win a Baseball game or date the little Red Haired girl. LOL, no dangling plotline in Peanuts should ever get resolved. I think Namco will actually get it for some reason. Mainly because Japanese video games, manga, anime and so on have about a gagillion dangling plotlines...

Ah, who am I to judge. The strip lasted 50 freaking years. You are a good man Mr. Schultz. When you get this game in Heaven don't let Kao Megura whoop you too badly. ^_^

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

trogdor
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Thu 21 Apr 19:46post reply

i bet they could make a decent story type game, much like the style of the early sierra games such as leisure suit larry.

OmegaDog
1496th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 22 Apr 00:42post reply

quote:
i bet they could make a decent story type game, much like the style of the early sierra games such as leisure suit larry.

I was JUST about to make that same comment. A franchise like this would work best as an adventure-puzzle type of game.

Though, I really wonder -- what are the chances that it'll actually end up that way?

SO... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY! | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

exodus
2582th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 22 Apr 00:49post reply

namco hometek has just been picking up any and every kids license, really. They also have Popeye and Bearenstein (SP?) Bears, I think.
They're aiming to be the next THQ! Or uh..Acclaim! or something. I've no idea. It will certianly hurt the namco brand if they come to the mainstream, but I suspect that we will hardly even see any evidence of these games in our normal circles.

Mosquiton
1597th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 22 Apr 00:52post reply

quote:
namco hometek has just been picking up any and every kids license, really. They also have Popeye and Bearenstein (SP?) Bears, I think.
They're aiming to be the next THQ! Or uh..Acclaim! or something. I've no idea. It will certianly hurt the namco brand if they come to the mainstream, but I suspect that we will hardly even see any evidence of these games in our normal circles.

Don't forget Gumby.

/ / /

Sano
1715th Post

"Re(5):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 22 Apr 02:19:post reply

I read about the phenomena of Japanese starting to acquire American licenses more and more some time ago in this article. You can expect the practise to continue in the forseeable future. Heh, there's even a quote from Namco at the end of the article.

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 22 Apr 02:21]

Amakusa
606th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 22 Apr 11:42post reply

quote:
Charlie Brown will NEVER kick the Football. Schultz said NO. Don't think his estate would allow such a game either for the same reason. Charlie Brown is a lovable looser. You take that away and there goes his charm, he'll basically become a winner AKA Snoopy(die Snoopy die! The strip was great until Snoopy started walking and stole the show from Chuck and Lucy...) Charlie'll never win a Baseball game or date the little Red Haired girl.

Shows what you know about your Peanuts.

Charlie Brown is not a loser. In fact, Charles Schultz read that in an article once, and in retaliation for that he drew a comic of Charlie Brown winning a baseball game (it involves three panels of Charlie Brown doing a victory dance, the fourth panel at the front door with Sally declaring he won a game, and Sally goes "You did?!").

Not to mention Charlie Brown kicked the football when Snoopy made him invisible in "It's Magic, Charlie Brown". And he danced with the Little Red-Haired girl in some other Peanuts special that showed him dancing on the clouds instead of dancing with the girl.

Your Peanuts trivia is nothing.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

shin ramberk
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 22 Apr 16:18post reply

quote:
Charlie Brown will NEVER kick the Football. Schultz said NO. Don't think his estate would allow such a game either for the same reason. Charlie Brown is a lovable looser. You take that away and there goes his charm, he'll basically become a winner AKA Snoopy(die Snoopy die! The strip was great until Snoopy started walking and stole the show from Chuck and Lucy...) Charlie'll never win a Baseball game or date the little Red Haired girl.

Charlie Brown is not a loser. In fact, Charles Schultz read that in an article once, and in retaliation for that he drew a comic of Charlie Brown winning a baseball game (it involves three panels of Charlie Brown doing a victory dance, the fourth panel at the front door with Sally declaring he won a game, and Sally goes "You did?!").

Not to mention Charlie Brown kicked the football when Snoopy made him invisible in "It's Magic, Charlie Brown". And he danced with the Little Red-Haired girl in some other Peanuts special that showed him dancing on the clouds instead of dancing with the girl.

PWNED~! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

this has got to go in my journal.

Dear Diary,

Tonight, while discussing the new Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek, Amakusa totally pwned Sano over his Charlie Brown trivia.

I have been using the internet since around 1996. And now, this night, I have seen it all.

I hope I can continue to live this miserable existence called life because really, there is nothing left to see once you have seen a fanboy get pwned about trivia from a 50 year-old newspaper comic strip in the context of a discussion on a crappy video game licence from a crappy sub-developer of Namco.

I have fucking seen it all.

Good night diary. Maybe tomorrow I will be privy to more breathtaking discussions.

I mean no insult to Amakusa or Sano. Although Sano's over eagerness sometimes does get annoying. You and Shingo need to be locked up in a sensory depravation chamber. But not together. You two, along with his-name-who-I-won't-mention could become a KOF 3-man 'fanboy' team. eh.

I did have a point to this point though. And the point was that this board has had some friggen bizarro topics and postings. We need a hall of fame (shame) for them.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Cain Highwind
538th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 22 Apr 16:25post reply

My only guess is maybe they plan to make some huge crossover like Kingdom Harts or the video game equivalent to "Cartoon AllStars to the Rescue" (now does anyone here know what I'm referring to? ^.^)

exodus
2585th Post

"Re(9):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Sat 23 Apr 02:11post reply

quote:
My only guess is maybe they plan to make some huge crossover like Kingdom Harts or the video game equivalent to "Cartoon AllStars to the Rescue"

your only guess is very optimistic! but also very wrong. they will make mediocre gba games, and grandparents will buy them for their grandkids.

highlandcattle
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(10):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Sat 23 Apr 18:23post reply

quote:
My only guess is maybe they plan to make some huge crossover like Kingdom Harts or the video game equivalent to "Cartoon AllStars to the Rescue"

your only guess is very optimistic! but also very wrong. they will make mediocre gba games, and grandparents will buy them for their grandkids.

There has been a Decent snoopy game before!
Half my early childhood was spent on that game.
Nintendo' s Snoopy Tennis a G&W

my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/highlandcattle /

GekigangerV
1086th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(9):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Sun 24 Apr 12:07post reply

quote:
My only guess is maybe they plan to make some huge crossover like Kingdom Harts or the video game equivalent to "Cartoon AllStars to the Rescue" (now does anyone here know what I'm referring to? ^.^)

I may be exaggerating a little, but "Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue" is the greatest achievement in animation history. It's a shame Slimer and the turtles only got a little bit of screen time. But thanks to that little show and the countless GI Joe PSAs I learned my lessons well.

Undead Fred
2332th Post

"Re(9):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Mon 25 Apr 20:34post reply

quote:
"Cartoon AllStars to the Rescue"
You don't understand- this car is the property of the World Bank; that money goes to ITALY.

Sano
1719th Post

"Re(7):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Tue 26 Apr 10:59:post reply

quote:

Cartoons don't count. Unofficial/non canon. What happens in the strips is what counts. The strips have never even showed the Little Red Haired school girl in anything other than a sillohuette.

The baseball thing I didn't know about.

From Peanuts a Golden Celebration written by Schulz about Charlie Brown - "It's not that he's a loser; he's really a decent little sort. But nothing seems to work out right. I used to say he tried to hard, and that he wanted everyone to like him much, but I've grown away from that."

A looser may be my wording, but Charlie Brown is not a winner. And LOL, I'm not the first to refer to him as a looser because nor am I the last, most just throw the word "lovable" in front of it.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 26 Apr 11:05]

Nate
515th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:05post reply

quote:

Cartoons don't count. Unofficial/non canon. What happens in the strips is what counts. The strips have never even showed the Little Red Haired school girl in anything other than a sillohuette.

The baseball thing I didn't know about.

From Peanuts a Golden Celebration written by Schulz about Charlie Brown - "It's not that he's a loser; he's really a decent little sort. But nothing seems to work out right. I used to say he tried to hard, and that he wanted everyone to like him much, but I've grown away from that."

A looser may be my wording, but Charlie Brown is not a winner.

YOU ARE DISCUSSING. CHARLIE BROWN. CANON. WTF.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Sano
1720th Post

"Re(9):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:08:post reply

"YOU ARE DISCUSSING. CHARLIE BROWN. CANON. WTF."

Find me where Schulz acknowladges Invisible Charlie Brown kicking an invisible Football.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 26 Apr 11:08]

Sano
1722th Post

"Re(10):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:15:post reply

I did find the strip where Chuck won the Baseball game. Schulz said "I once read a newspaper that labeled Charlie Brown "a loser." That never occured to me. A real loser would stop trying. Comedy has always revolved around characters who are "losers." Look at Charlie Chaplin or Laurel and Hardy.

So I was wrong about that. But cartoons for Charlie Brown do not count as canon/official, (They hardly ever do for anything comic strip/comic book manga related) I was aware of both instances when I wrote what I wrote.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 26 Apr 11:39]

Sano
1721th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Charlie Brown game by Namco Home" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:36post reply

Schulz on the Football.

"Of course, Lucy's meanest trick is to pull the football away every time Charlie Brown goes to kick it. And the truth is, Lucy will never let him kick that ball. Sometimes her behavior has upset those who take the strip too seriously."

This quote appeared in "Peanuts A Golden Celebration" in 1999, much later than the "Invisible Charlie Brown kicking the Football" episode. Doesn't seem like Schulz acknowledges it.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Undead Fred
2335th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Charlie Brown game by Namco Home" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:40post reply

I agree with Nate... plus, you do know there's an edit button, right? Unless you were just wanting to bump the topic or something...

Sano
1723th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Charlie Brown game by Namco Home" , posted Tue 26 Apr 11:56:post reply

quote:
I agree with Nate... plus, you do know there's an edit button, right? Unless you were just wanting to bump the topic or something...

Ah, you gots ta dish out da info when you get it son. Reprezh-ent!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 26 Apr 12:02]

Ikari Loona
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Charlie Brown game by Namco Home" , posted Fri 29 Apr 07:34post reply

Odds are the game will probably revolve around Snoopy's delusional Red Baron antics or something like that - not only is Snoopy himself better known that Charlie Brown in some circles, focusing the action on him wouldn't break any "laws" from the original strip like the football-kicking stuff that's been mentioned here...

Puchu?

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Juan
4132th Post

"Re(9):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 29 Apr 07:44post reply

SANO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM WRITING CHARLIE BROWN FAN FICTION.

quote:

YOU ARE DISCUSSING. CHARLIE BROWN. CANON. WTF.

STFU

Sano
1725th Post

"Re(10):Charlie Brown game by Namco Hometek" , posted Fri 29 Apr 07:56post reply

quote:
SANO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM WRITING CHARLIE BROWN FAN FICTION.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!