New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3552 Views )

Iggy
6357th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Wed 20 Apr 23:49:post reply

PS2 : Onimusha "Dawn of Dreams", 2006.

PS2 : Shikigami no Shiro~7夜月幻想曲, august.
It's not Shikigami 3, it's an adventure game.

EDIT : source : Ge-ha.

ガラハド  「ねんがんの アイスソードをてにいれたぞ!」
  :そう かんけいないね
   メ几
→ :木又してでも うばいとる
  :ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 20 Apr 23:50]

Replies:

Ishmael
1957th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 01:20post reply

Shikigami is branching out into other game genres? That's interesting. I didn't realize that Shikigami had a large enough following to have the characters branch out into other games. Is XSGames going to port this sucker as well?

Burning Ranger
1173th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 01:41post reply

quote:

Is it me, or does it seem like nothing more can be done with Onimusha? I mean, it's pretty hard to top traveling to present-Day Paris. Unless you travel to... Washington DC!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Iggy
6358th Post

"Re(2):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 02:39post reply

quote:
Shikigami is branching out into other game genres? That's interesting. I didn't realize that Shikigami had a large enough following to have the characters branch out into other games. Is XSGames going to port this sucker as well?

Shikigami has a HUGE scenario, because it's an Alpha System game, and whatever AS create, they put it in the same continuity as the rest.
Also, Shikigami is to the schmup genre what KOF is to the fighting genre : the pinacle of charage. The game behind the characters is secondary.

Also, the real Shikigami 3 is still being worked upon, and the arcade version was supposed to be shown in I don't remember what event but finally didn't made the cut for a reason.

メ几

Mosquiton
1594th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 03:32post reply

quote:

Looks like my prediction for Capcom's countdown announcement is quite likely to be true.

Or did I have some kind of inside information?

/ / /

Ishmael
1959th Post

"Re(2):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 04:00post reply

quote:

Looks like my prediction for Capcom's countdown announcement is quite likely to be true.

Or did I have some kind of inside information?

Here I never would have associated cherry blossoms with fighting demon samurai.

Scans are up featuring the all new, all blonde hero.

Pollyanna
1027th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 05:26post reply

Wow. That's pretty. I hope it's as good as Onimusha 3.

Onimusha 3 really wasn't for me...they made it for a different crowd, but I still managed to enjoy it because it was just that good.

Mosquiton
1595th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 06:15post reply

quote:

Here I never would have associated cherry blossoms with fighting demon samurai.

Scans are up featuring the all new, all blonde hero.

I see my amazingly accurate psychic predictions have failed to arouse suspicions. That's definitely for the best.

I actually haven't played an Onimusha title since the original game (well, not counting a very short amount of time with Blade Warriors). This one looks intersting though... may end up having a few elements in common with Dynasty Warriors/Sengoku Basara. Capcom seems to be leaning in that direction lately.

/ / /

Sano
1710th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 06:20post reply

quote:

I actually haven't played an Onimusha title since the original game (well, not counting a very short amount of time with Blade Warriors).

Me too. So many games, so little time...

Didn't Capcom say that Onimusha 3 was the last game in the series? Well, it's not like anyone believed them anyways. Unless the next Onimusha game is radically different, like RE/Bio Hazzard 4 to the rest of the RE series.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Shin_ATproof
1164th Post

"Re(5):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 06:22post reply

quote:

Didn't Capcom say that Onimusha 3 was the last game in the series? Well, it's not like anyone believed them anyways. Unless the next Onimusha game is radically different, like RE/Bio Hazzard 4 to the rest of the RE series.

IIRC it was plugged as "The End of the Trilogy" or something like that.

lol semantics.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Burning Ranger
1174th Post

"Re(6):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 06:40post reply

quote:

IIRC it was plugged as "The End of the Trilogy" or something like that.

lol semantics.

It's "Onimusha: The Next Generation." For some reason, I keep thinking about "The Last Samurai" when I see the new blonde protagonist. I wonder if the game will take place in another era...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Iggy
6363th Post

"Re(4):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 07:53post reply

quote:
I see my amazingly accurate psychic predictions have failed to arouse suspicions.

I'm definitely jealous.

quote:
may end up having a few elements in common with Dynasty Warriors/Sengoku Basara.

According to the interview, that's indeed the direction taken.

Also, Onimusha 3 was the last game featuring Oda Nobunaga. Time for Hideyoshi to play the big bad guy role. I wonder how they'll manage to make the character impressive after Nobunaga...

メ几

Shin_ATproof
1166th Post

"Re(5):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 14:29post reply

quote:

Also, Onimusha 3 was the last game featuring Oda Nobunaga. Time for Hideyoshi to play the big bad guy role. I wonder how they'll manage to make the character impressive after Nobunaga...

Nobunaga pounded the rice.
Toyotomi baked the cake.
Tokugawa ate it.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

NARUTO
3007th Post

"Re(5):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 19:08:post reply

quote:

Impresive?? Well I didn't find a tall man with his hair on fire impresive....At least he was impresive in Onimusha 1.

Nice to have a sequel, I just hope that the blond hero wont bring a "FFX tidus" impresion on it... BTW did you've noticed? the hero is horned...0_°

Oh, and an useless info, there is less and less leaves on the tree at the countdouwn page. Only two days left and only 1/3 of the leaves remains...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

[this message was edited by NARUTO on Thu 21 Apr 19:26]

Syo
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Thu 21 Apr 19:17post reply

Notice they cleverly averted the "You said Onimusha 3 was the last one!" arguement by putting the title as:

SHIN Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

NARUTO
3010th Post

"The tree have some mutation problem!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 17:06post reply

Well only 1 day on the countdwon, and no more leaves, only some wierd red orbs??

could our hero be born from a Cherry tree??

Ishmael
1961th Post

"Re(1):The tree have some mutation problem!!" , posted Fri 22 Apr 22:37post reply

Having the new Oni game taking a few hints from the DW/SB games sounds interesting, but what elements are they going to borrow? Having multiple playable characters with differing storylines? A change in the fighting engine?

When I saw the shot of blondie surrounded by a group of what appears to be his allies I was wondering if the game was going back to the crazy friendship system from Oni2. I don't know who thought that having your samurai spend the first half of the game fussing over what presents to buy for his friends was an idea that was anything less than insane but glad they included it in the game. But after Jean Reno exploded onto the scene in Oni3 I've learned to expect the unexpected from the Oni series.

quote:
Well only 1 day on the countdwon, and no more leaves, only some wierd red orbs??

could our hero be born from a Cherry tree??

It looks like he has cherry flower designs on both the sash hanging behind him and his sword[?!?] so it seems likely he has some sort of connection to the tree.

Iggy
6374th Post

"new Shikigami no Shiro official site" , posted Fri 22 Apr 22:45post reply

open

メ几

legalstep
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Sat 23 Apr 01:26post reply

I hope Inafune-san is making the new Onimusha game. The last one was ok, except that they put Jean Reno in there and not let him use his own voice for anything. That and the love for a son by his father gives him the magic ability to solve puzzles.

NARUTO
3013th Post

"Re(2):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Sat 23 Apr 20:14post reply

As late as usual, I've noticed that the hero didn't seems to have the Oni glove...So no more soul stealing??

Shingo The One
495th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Sat 23 Apr 20:35post reply

quote:
I hope Inafune-san is making the new Onimusha game. The last one was ok, except that they put Jean Reno in there and not let him use his own voice for anything. That and the love for a son by his father gives him the magic ability to solve puzzles.

Actually,when you hear his character speaking in French at the very beginning of the game, that's him.And then when it's in English, then it's not him.But Capcom can at least pull off a fantastic action game, them being the latest Onimusha, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil games.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Ishmael
1964th Post

"Re(3):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Sun 24 Apr 04:07post reply

quote:
As late as usual, I've noticed that the hero didn't seems to have the Oni glove...So no more soul stealing??

In one of the shots in the gallery -I think it's in section 3/4- isn't he absorbing souls? Either he can absorb them without help or this year's Oni gauntlets are a lot more compact and fashionable.

NARUTO
3015th Post

"Re(4):New Onimusha, new Shikigami no Shiro" , posted Sun 24 Apr 20:17post reply

quote:
In one of the shots in the gallery -I think it's in section 3/4- isn't he absorbing souls? Either he can absorb them without help or this year's Oni gauntlets are a lot more compact and fashionable.

Or the sword maybe?...