X Box KOF MI details - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4064 Views )

Iggy
6349th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"X Box KOF MI details" , posted Wed 20 Apr 17:53post reply

Remember when the game was announced to have extras ? Here they are :

You will be able to edit the strength and weaknesses of your characters, record matches on your HDD, and listen to the voices of all the characters. oh!
That's not exactly my definition of a game "loaded with extras", but it's Imoya we're talking about.

The same guys who added that awful thunder effect on every MAX2 of Nowave.

ガラハド  「ねんがんの アイスソードをてにいれたぞ!」
  :そう かんけいないね
   メ几
→ :木又してでも うばいとる
  :ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Cain Highwind
533th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 01:11post reply

quote:

You will be able to edit the strength and weaknesses of your characters, record matches on your HDD, and listen to the voices of all the characters. oh!
That's not exactly my definition of a game "loaded with extras", but it's Imoya we're talking about.

I tend to agree Iggy. Though those extras don't sound too bad. I had a blast customizing my characters stats in Budokai 3 I wonder if this is similar?

Oh and isn't there supposed to be online play as well?

Ishmael
1956th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 01:13post reply

Nuts, I wanted even more goofy Falcoon created outfits.

Cain Highwind
534th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 01:19post reply

quote:

I still don't get why they couldn't go even more DoA-ish and have a Goddess Athena costume in the game. Or at least the Lien Bikini pic they have on the US site.

Mosquiton
1594th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 02:16:post reply

quote:

Really. Christ. And hell, they need some sort of advanced costume editor... that would be so HD ERA. Maybe in the sequel.

I still might get the XB version, though, since I didn't pick it up for the PS2.

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Thu 21 Apr 02:16]

Rid
6585th Post

"Re(1):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 02:22post reply

quote:
It could be worse, remember the background effects on the Street Fighter EX2 supers? ARGH.

exodus
2574th Post

"Re(2):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 02:31post reply

quote:
The same guys who added that awful thunder effect on every MAX2 of Nowave. It could be worse, remember the background effects on the Street Fighter EX2 supers? ARGH.

haha I liked that awful game. I just thought the totally inappropriate music was cool.

Abster
8th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 11:08post reply

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=480068

Ignition's announcement concerning MI for Xbox in Europe. It suggests there will be some new characters in addition to the Japanese voice option.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Undead Fred
2321th Post

"Re(1):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 19:23post reply

quote:

I can't read any of those articles, but yeah, the extras sound kind of weak. But I guess I wasn't really expecting more than just having the Japanese voices option. I also didn't have it on PS2, so I may consider getting it on XBox just for the sake of not being forced to listen to goofy US voice acting.

Ammadeau
1324th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Thu 21 Apr 20:32post reply

I'm probably MI's only fan in the world, so I'll definitely buy the xbox version, even if the only extra was online play. They should really add Kula though, since the making of shows that some work was already done on her. Actually, they could remove all the characters and just add Venessa and I'd be happy with endless V vs V matches.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

Cain Highwind
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 02:44post reply

quote:
I'm probably MI's only fan in the world, so I'll definitely buy the xbox version, even if the only extra was online play. They should really add Kula though, since the making of shows that some work was already done on her. Actually, they could remove all the characters and just add Venessa and I'd be happy with endless V vs V matches.

Really? Where was this, I must've missed it.

Ammadeau
1328th Post

"Re(4):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 11:15post reply

quote:

There was a special on SNK on that videogame channel that showed both design sketches and partially completed 3D model of Kula for MI. People had posted screen grabs of it in different places, but I have no idea where to look for them now.

hikarutilmitt
316th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 12:50post reply

quote:

There was a special on SNK on that videogame channel that showed both design sketches and partially completed 3D model of Kula for MI. People had posted screen grabs of it in different places, but I have no idea where to look for them now.

Weird, they shoulda put that on the bonus DVD. I didn't see anything about it on there, and mine is the import.

Love the game, by the way.

Undead Fred
2324th Post

"Re(3):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 15:57post reply

quote:

If they threw a Yamazaki into the deal, I'd be there on release day.

shin ramberk
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 16:20post reply

quote:
If they threw a Yamazaki into the deal, I'd be there on release day.

Here's hoping there is a sequel with yama and a few other favorites in it.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Cain Highwind
539th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 16:29post reply

quote:

Weird, I'm assuming you mean G4's Icons episode on SNK? I remember seeing the Duolon sketches later shown in the 2k3 PS2 port but not that. Interesting.

More characters would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up until info on MI2 is announced.

Ammadeau
1329th Post

"Re(6):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 21:06post reply

quote:
Weird, I'm assuming you mean G4's Icons episode on SNK? I remember seeing the Duolon sketches later shown in the 2k3 PS2 port but not that. Interesting.

More characters would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up until info on MI2 is announced.

I didn't see the show myself, just the screengrabs. If they were faked, someone is both an incredible 3D artist and a dead on impersonator of Falcoon's style. :p

I don't think they'll be more characters either, too much work involved even for one that was partially finished, but I can always hope.

beto
850th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):X Box KOF MI details" , posted Fri 22 Apr 23:20:post reply

quote:

I didn't see the show myself, just the screengrabs. If they were faked, someone is both an incredible 3D artist and a dead on impersonator of Falcoon's style. :p

I don't think they'll be more characters either, too much work involved even for one that was partially finished, but I can always hope.

I have the G4 Tech Tv episode.

There was a Kula sketch (which didn´t look like Falcoon´s art - they even show his designs for MI later in the show and they look completelly different) on the table of a guy working on a model for MI, but there was no Kula model. He was working on something like an arm or leg only (there was no body and no skin or coloring), it was impossible to tell if it was really Kula.

[this message was edited by beto on Fri 22 Apr 23:22]

Mosquiton
1598th Post

"Maniax Pervert Cam" , posted Sat 23 Apr 02:05post reply

From the press release:

"In addition to having full Xbox™ Live support, including Head-to-Head Fighting, Re-match, and Tournament Mode, KOFMI-MANIAX will feature a stop action camera that will allow players to pause the action mid-fight and take pictures of their favorite character from any angle. In Profile Mode, fans can review their characters specialty moves and listen to their various sayings and taunts. Additionally, by fan demand, Xbox users will be able to choose between English and Japanese language each battle."

/ / /

Abster
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Maniax Pervert Cam" , posted Sat 23 Apr 02:33post reply

Heh. Not that there's that much cheek humor already. Have you noticed that Lien and Mai's intros begin by directly looking at their jiggling breasts?

I wonder how many people will flock to this title now it has Japanese voices?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Cain Highwind
540th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Maniax Pervert Cam" , posted Sat 23 Apr 03:49post reply

quote:
Heh. Not that there's that much cheek humor already. Have you noticed that Lien and Mai's intros begin by directly looking at their jiggling breasts?

I wonder how many people will flock to this title now it has Japanese voices?

Well practically everybody was upset over the exclusion of the Japanese voices, I mean the English voices were good for a laugh, but it just made most people (including me) say "Okay that's enough, now where's the Japanese voices we all know".

And yeah I wonder if the camera will ahve limited or full control. We'll wait and see (I'm betting on the latter though)

ZamIAm
1512th Post

"live" , posted Tue 26 Apr 12:07post reply

I hope they fix the engine. I heard there was a ton of broken stuff (haven't played the actual game).

quote:
Well practically everybody was upset over the exclusion of the Japanese voices, I mean the English voices were good for a laugh, but it just made most people (including me) say "Okay that's enough, now where's the Japanese voices we all know".

I actuaaly heard some people say Leona's voice was tolerable.

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Undead Fred
2336th Post

"Re(2):Maniax Pervert Cam" , posted Tue 26 Apr 12:36post reply

quote:
Heh. Not that there's that much cheek humor already.

I think whoever writes the ad copy for the games is pretty funny... they list "Extreme 1 on 1 fighting to the max!" as a feature in Maniax, and "8th game in the series!" as a feature on the back of the KOF 2002/2003 box...