Character Tiering question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3103 Views )

ZamIAm
1510th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 11:41post reply

I got this question based on a discussion on Shoryuken.com. Considering Dante is probably the strongest Capcom character ever if compared to others, exactly where does Lucia fall?

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Replies:

Rid
6562th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 11:46post reply

quote:
Considering Dante is probably the strongest Capcom character ever if compared to others
You can't compare games like that, there are Capcom characters that seem to have powers far superior to him, at least. Kikaioh would just step on him.

Sano
1705th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 12:19:post reply

Man, like I said over at Shoryuken.com, we are all trying to forget about Devil May Cry 2. And since Lucia's a part of DMC2, well, sorry...

Dante would dodge a step from Kikaioh easy, take the pilot out of the mech, chop his head off and use his body as a urinal. And as far as the size thing, Mundis was really big and guess who defeated the guy. Heck, Cerberus and that big wormy thing were huge too. Dante from the ground up is a character designed to kick everybody's Ass, so if any of these matches happen, you can bet Dante will find a way to pull a win out of his buttocks.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 14 Apr 12:30]

Spoon
886th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 13:18post reply

MY PLOT DEVICE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

Red Falcon
5447th Post

"Re(3):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 13:30post reply

quote:
Dante from the ground up is a character designed to kick everybody's Ass, so if any of these matches happen, you can bet Dante will find a way to pull a win out of his buttocks.

Dante just has "hero syndrome". Just dig out another hero who has it and they'll cancel each other out.. it'll be like an anti-matter explosion, only with... well, heroes.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Zepy
1047th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 14:56post reply

Dude, Princess Tiara will so kick Dante's ass with a few good rolls.

Sano
1705th Post

"Re(5):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 15:34post reply

quote:
Dude, Princess Tiara will so kick Dante's ass with a few good rolls.

By round two Princess Tiara will be pregnant with Dante's kid...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Rid
6564th Post

"Re(3):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 19:26:post reply

/Sano setups fanboy mode

A harder one: he would never be able to beat Ryu, because that would mean that Ryu isn't Capcom's flagship character anymore, and the ultimate fighter.

And characters like Arthur and Strider Hiryu can kill enemies in a single shot, not need to combo or anything, that means they're more powerful?

[this message was edited by Rid on Thu 14 Apr 19:40]

Sano
1707th Post

"Re(4):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 23:02:post reply

quote:
/Sano setups fanboy mode

A harder one: he would never be able to beat Ryu, because that would mean that Ryu isn't Capcom's flagship character anymore, and the ultimate fighter.

And characters like Arthur and Strider Hiryu can kill enemies in a single shot, not need to combo or anything, that means they're more powerful?

Gouki, Oro, and Gill can all defeat Ryu. Ryu actually looses a lot in the SF games. That's not his character. His character is "Be the best fighter I can be." He let Sakura defeat him in SFZ2. Ken defeated him in SFZ2. Vega defeated him in SFZ2 prior to brainwashing. Sagat defeated him brainwased. Oro defeated him in SF3 Second Impact. He defeated Sagat in SF1 by a fluke, Gouki didn't fight him all out and let him win, Ryu aided in taking down Vega in SFZ3, beat Ken in SF3 Third strike, the rematch with Sagat is still pending. He doesn't win all of the time even in his own world. If ever Dante looses or struggles he'll come back for a win. I'm not sure I have to point out Dante would destroy Ryu a character who I like way more than Dante(If I was really being a fanboy I'd say Ryu would destroy the Dante and defy all logic much like Stefan believes Cammy can defeat Chun-Li based on his penis) but eh.

LOL! All it takes is one hit to disarm Arthur. He's a good match since they both defeated an equivalent of Satan. (Capcom stated Mundis is not Satan but equals Satan in a PSM interview.) Still, Arthur's never experienced rapid gun fire. Two bullets from Ibony and Ivory Arthur is dead.

What would Strider do? Stab Dante? Doesn't work. He can walk around with a sword in his body as he did in DMC1 and heal up. Dante Sparda Blade in DMC1 grew about 30 feet against Mundis (an can grow pretty large against regular foes too, still bigger than Strider's Sword) Cypher slice at best can cover maybe six feet. LOL, Dante even has more moves than Strider in DMC3, he'll just Royal Guard/Parry that shit.

And last I checked, Strider needs to use combos in MVC1-2, no one hit kills. Even Arthur has to use repeated attacks against bosses just like Strider. That one hit kill thing only works on faceless goons. I'm sure Dante can do that too, but the game is not set up for one hit kill anything, but combo coolness which is why DMC3 rules.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 14 Apr 23:33]

CHAZumaru
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Character Tiering question" , posted Thu 14 Apr 23:42:post reply

Well, the issue is that you only think in terms of direct confrontation. That alien from Meiwaku Seijin Panic Maker could just hypnotize him, crawl inside his body, make him strip naked and get his intestine anally visited all night long by Iggy's personal army of beret-wearing african gorillas.

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Thu 14 Apr 23:42]

Sano
1708th Post

"Re(6):Character Tiering question" , posted Fri 15 Apr 00:23:post reply

quote:
Well, the issue is that you only think in terms of direct confrontation. That alien from Meiwaku Seijin Panic Maker could just hypnotize him, crawl inside his body, make him strip naked and get his intestine anally visited all night long by Iggy's personal army of beret-wearing african gorillas.

Yes but most of the time when you discuss vs. it's about direct confrontations. I'm sure they could spread the T-Virus to Metro City and destroy the whole town but I don't think Guy will loose to a random Umbrella Scientist... (and there you go. Zombie Belger explained!)

But I'll just say your right and there you go. A Dante loss. ^_^

Well, since we've gone far off the topic, my guestimate is that Lucia is on Gallon's level in Darkstalkers or perhaps a bit lower. Ah, forced to recall DMC2 so this doesn't become another Dante vs. Everybody thread...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 15 Apr 00:24]