Imoya rumors - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5766 Views )

Iggy
6289th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:29post reply

[RUMORS]. Add "may, should, could be, not confirmed" everywhere.

The 5 new characters in the PS2 version of KOF Nowave are Kusanagai, Rugal, May lee, Angel and Seth.
Which means they are so ashamed of Tetsuo they don't want to see him anymore and that's a good thing. The characters are all copiped from 02, MAX2 included. The guy couldn't see Rugal, though, so we don't know how far he has been toned down.
New art for everyone of course.

The next compilation after KOF Nests hen may be Garô Densetsu 1, 2 and Special, before the end of the year (that's it ? Only those 3 games !? if it's true, you're killing me, Imoya).

Battle Colloseum may also be released before the end of the year on PS2 at least, maybe for christmas.

Around the end of the year, in arcade : KOF 11 (temptative title).

And I may add here as well the rumor of a beta test of SS AW before may, and that it would be made by Yuki.

[/RUMORS]

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Replies:

tenguman
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:40post reply

Dear Iggy,

Call me what you will, but let me know,please:
What/who de heck is Imoya?

Thank You,
tenguman

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

CHAZumaru
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 06:02post reply

quote:

The next compilation after KOF Nests hen may be Garô Densetsu 1, 2 and Special, before the end of the year (that's it ? Only those 3 games !? if it's true, you're killing me, Imoya).

Good news/rumor for Garou fans (like me)), although it is awkward that Garou3 isn't included, since it wouldn't fit a following Real Bout compilation either. Plus, assuming SNK wouldn't be an ass for once and would add RBS:DM inside that Real Bout compilation, Garou3 inside the first one would ensure four games per compilation:
- GD / GD2 / GDS / GD3
- RB / RBS / RBS:DM /RB2

GrandC
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 10:22post reply

quote:

LOL!!!
Imoya is Playmore. That's what Iggy sez!
Just like Samsupi, Nejibako, and others.

tenguman
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 11:22post reply

quote:

LOL!!!

Well, I can see the relations between Samsupi/ Samurai Spirits and Nejibako/NGBC.
But Imoya/Playmore....?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

CHAZumaru
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 11:30:post reply

One of those numerous days when SNK Playmore had done something really stupid (I think it was in relation to KOF Neowave), someone (on 2ch?) called SNK Playmore "Imoya" (芋屋), which roughly translates as "a store that only sells potatoes". In french we'd call that a "marchand de patates". I don't remember if there's a pun or a reference in the nickname, but the analogy is quite funny and revealing by itself anyway.

Iggy mentioned that story on MMC then popularized the nickname, like with "Negibako" and "Nowave".

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Tue 12 Apr 11:33]

Nate
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 13:35post reply

quote:
One of those numerous days when SNK Playmore had done something really stupid (I think it was in relation to KOF Neowave), someone (on 2ch?) called SNK Playmore "Imoya" (芋屋), which roughly translates as "a store that only sells potatoes". In french we'd call that a "marchand de patates". I don't remember if there's a pun or a reference in the nickname, but the analogy is quite funny and revealing by itself anyway.

Iggy mentioned that story on MMC then popularized the nickname, like with "Negibako" and "Nowave".

I think the "imoya" came from the pronounciation of Playmore (Pureimoa) in Japanese, not just out of nowhere. It was later warped to become Imoya because well, pretty much the same reasons you stated.

Wasn't that the story, Iggy?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Iggy
6292th Post

"Re(6):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 19:35post reply

The Imoya name comes from the days of KOF 2001, and all the hope "SNK is not dead !" that transformed into the "Worst. KOF. Ever" feeling we now all know and love.

Playmore→プレイモア→イモア→イモヤ→芋屋

I began to use it here when I felt I could just say anything anyways, people would just nod and make like if they got the joke.

I just don't understand how I fail being widly unpopular at the office with all the expert training I got here. I think I missed a crucial point, but which one...

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

tenguman
157th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Imoya rumors" , posted Tue 12 Apr 22:19post reply

Jesus, now my life makes sense.

ありがとう、友よ!

BTW, the jokes are good.
I can't understand why Iggy has never been select to join, I don't know, Big Brother or some American Idol variation.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Digitalboy
171th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 00:45post reply

quote:
The Imoya name comes from the days of KOF 2001, and all the hope "SNK is not dead !" that transformed into the "Worst. KOF. Ever" feeling we now all know and love.

I began to use it here when I felt I could just say anything anyways, people would just nod and make like if they got the joke.

I just don't understand how I fail being widly unpopular at the office with all the expert training I got here. I think I missed a crucial point, but which one...

Each time that I saw the name Imoya, I thought it was a spokeperson for SNKP...

exodus
2542th Post

"Re(8):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 01:01post reply

quote:
I can't understand why Iggy has never been select to join, I don't know, Big Brother or some American Idol variation.

well...insert credit is sort of like that.

CHAZumaru
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:05post reply

quote:

Imoya San ?

digitalboy
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:33post reply

quote:

Imoya San ?

Big eyes? Check.
Big nose? Check.
Big ears? Check.

Yes, that is EXACTLY how I daydreamed Imoya-san would look like. <SIGH> He is so dreamy.

Iggy
6294th Post

"Brandon summon" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:50post reply

quote:

Darling, I don't join those things, I HOST them. Who do you think I am, really.

Also, I edited the post about SS AW on IC. It was a rumor to begin with, so I thought it was better not to put it on IC, but since it's here, I'd rather... Well, you know.
On the other hand, Majin Donovan is not a rumor, if you like.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

exodus
2545th Post

"Re(1):Brandon summon" , posted Wed 13 Apr 04:08post reply

thanks and thanks!~

Tai-Pan
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 13:42post reply

quote:

I think the crucial point is the fact that interacting with people is not the same as interacting in a message board.

hayaku!!

Shingo The One
477th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 13:54post reply

quote:

I think the crucial point is the fact that interacting with people is not the same as interacting in a message board.

You have a good point my friend.And on behalf of everyone, I welcome you to the Cafe.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Digitalboy
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 15:53post reply

quote:

But on the internet message boards, I am a viking in interacting with people...there goes my hopes of actually being sociable.

Iggy
6295th Post

"Re(8):Imoya rumors" , posted Wed 13 Apr 21:22post reply

quote:

I know! Therefore I try to be even more unfriendly and aggressive then I am here when real people enter my office, but I still haven't found a hate page against me on the net.
I think I should spare me some time and create it myself.

On the other hand, I've witnessed people sending their friends to ask me a question because they were too afraid of me. That's a beginning.

Also, welcome to the cafe!

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Mosquiton
1585th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Iggy@Work Multilingual WEBCAST" , posted Wed 13 Apr 23:39:post reply

quote:

...I try to be even more unfriendly and aggressive then I am here when real people enter my office, but I still haven't found a hate page against me on the net.
I think I should spare me some time and create it myself.

I think you should webcast your job live, pointing the camera at your subjects while you destroy their sense of self-worth.

You can bully a few people into translating to English and Japanese in real time.

This would be much better than a hate page don't you think?

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Wed 13 Apr 23:40]

Iggy
6297th Post

"Re(1):Iggy@Work Multilingual WEBCAST" , posted Wed 13 Apr 23:51post reply

quote:

Oh, but we already do this.
Only 9.95€ for a complete day of work live (backnumbers also available for prices between 5.95€ and 19.95€ according to the hotness of the day).
Around the end of the year, people will vote by dialing a taxed phone number to vote which student deserve to have his exams and which should be morally assaulted one more year. Also, we are thinking about expending to a XXX late hour show, but we don't have enough students up to my standards to open this year.
If you're a hot bottom stud, why don't you come and learn Japanese in Paris? You'll get a discount in your inscriptions fees.
Which makes me think, what are Chaz and Moetan doing in 2005/2006...

お主、ただの看護婦ではないと見た!

tenguman
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Iggy@Work Multilingual WEBCAST" , posted Thu 14 Apr 00:10post reply

quote:

Oh, but we already do this.
Only 9.95€ for a complete day of work live (backnumbers also available for prices between 5.95€ and 19.95€ according to the hotness of the day).
Around the end of the year, people will vote by dialing a taxed phone number to vote which student deserve to have his exams and which should be morally assaulted one more year. Also, we are thinking about expending to a XXX late hour show, but we don't have enough students up to my standards to open this year.
If you're a hot bottom stud, why don't you come and learn Japanese in Paris? You'll get a discount in your inscriptions fees.
Which makes me think, what are Chaz and Moetan doing in 2005/2006...

Free trailers please.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Zepy
1044th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Dear iggy" , posted Thu 14 Apr 00:46post reply

quote:

Actually, I've been wondering for a while, how did you get involved with the vipper quality warosu stuff anyway, its on the gaming boards?

Iggy
6300th Post

"Re(1):Dear iggy" , posted Thu 14 Apr 01:53:post reply

quote:
Free trailers please.

Of course:
An average day at Iggy's office.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
At the end of the season, both the yellow and the pink guy will fail to their JAP 203 exam. We're not such pussies here.

End of Spoiler

quote:
Actually, I've been wondering for a while, how did you get involved with the vipper quality warosu stuff anyway, its on the gaming boards?

Not being able to write on 2ch made me read it even more, and not only the gaming boards. You can't imagine what horrors lie in the category boards.
The day I'll find out how to bypass the protection, Europe will be doomed.

お主、ただの看護婦ではないと見た!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 14 Apr 01:59]

tenguman
160th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Dear iggy" , posted Thu 14 Apr 02:24post reply

quote:
Free trailers please.
Of course:
An average day at Iggy's office.

Not being able to write on 2ch made me read it even more, and not only the gaming boards. You can't imagine what horrors lie in the category boards.
The day I'll find out how to bypass the protection, Europe will be doomed.

流石アニキ
So, which one of them is you?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Iggy
6300th Post

"Re(3):Dear iggy" , posted Thu 14 Apr 02:56post reply

quote:

This is but a trailer.
The final boss ought to remain hidden until the last moment.

お主、ただの看護婦ではないと見た!

tenguman
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Dear iggy" , posted Thu 14 Apr 03:30post reply

quote:

This is but a trailer.
The final boss ought to remain hidden until the last moment.

You mean the university chairman.
You know, the old geezer who abuses the young ladies in the campus.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Phoenix
786th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Dear iggy" , posted Thu 14 Apr 04:28post reply

Yeah so about Neowave...
If they make this a KOF 2002 Perfect Edition then I see some potential for this game. Especially on Live. I think they should include some non-Neowave backgrounds as well as some non-Neowave AST BGMs. Although some of those Neowave backgrounds looked great and I'm not sure about the music at all. As for the cast I think it's more likely to have K9999 than Rugal? I might be wrong though. Also, the fact that I can finally have a Korean team consisting of May Lee, Kim, Jhun- now that's awesome.

Iggy
6302th Post

"Re(5):Dear iggy" , posted Thu 14 Apr 18:37post reply

Phoenix : the perfect korean team could actually be nice (well, I hate those 3 characters, but yeah, as a team, they are nice).
As for the cast, I really don't think they'll put K9999 back in another game. They really seem quite ashamed of him.
I'd love it if Rugal was the 98 normal Rugal tweaked a little, but unfortunately I wouldn't bet much on this.

quote:
You know, the old geezer who abuses the young ladies in the campus.

I don't think this is going to be possible.

Also, not only am I quite proud of my
quote:
, but I feel like today's SA article has been written specifically for me:

quote:
After all, you want people to think you're smart, right? And what's a better way to tell the world that you're intelligent than by communicating in an incomprehensible language understood by 37 people?

I feel so concerned by this.

お主、ただの看護婦ではないと見た!

Shingo the One
478th Post

Gold Customer

"Iggy-san, interesting Q&A" , posted Fri 15 Apr 02:28post reply

quote:

LOL!!!

Hey Iggy-san, the latest Nejibako update is more interesting than usual, mainly because of the new clip and the new Q&A, and I say the first question alone is a winner, about the new Orochi.Thanks as always in advance for your translations.

Iggy
6305th Post

"Re(1):Iggy-san, interesting Q&A" , posted Fri 15 Apr 04:55post reply

No.
The Q&A is about Lucky Glauber, the three sizes of some underage characters, and Washizuka's moves names.

お主、ただの看護婦ではないと見た!

Shingo the One
479th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Iggy-san, interesting Q&A" , posted Fri 15 Apr 05:31post reply

quote:
No.
The Q&A is about Lucky Glauber, the three sizes of some underage characters, and Washizuka's moves names.

Damn Iggy-san, then what is the first question about?Because all I figure out is KOF'97 and the evil organization of this game.So it's not about the new Orochi or anything else interesting right?If so, sorry about disturbing you Iggy-san and better luck next time.