the Toy Thread part 3: Toymorrow comes Toyday - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3348 Views )

Dr Baghead
3415th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"the Toy Thread part 3: Toymorrow comes Toyday" , posted Tue 12 Apr 04:15post reply

We need a new toy thread yes sir.

Marvel Legends 9 is out now... I got a Professor X. Green Hulk and Variant Bullseye seem very easy to find, my local K-Mart had like 3 of each last week (if anyone is desperate for one though let me know... I can probably go get one still and you can have it for cost + Shipping)

the Batman Begins toys are super super lame, it's actually kinda pathedic since I don't think Mattel did that bad a job on the comic/JLU/the Batman lines, but these UGH... the Batmobile looks pretty nice though, I might have to get it... I can't wait until next month though, those Fantastic Four toys look awesome, I don't know how the movie's gonna be but the figures are terrific looking.

New Star Wars toys are everywhere too... I got the new Shaak Ti and Luminara Unduli (and meant to get a Kit Fisto but he was all gone) they're pretty nice, very poseable for a Star Wars figure. Also fun fact... did you know a Star Wars figure's head is the perfect size for a DoAX Gashpon's body:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/Dr.Baghead/ShaakTi1.jpg

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Replies:

Hungrywolf
3014th Post

"Re(1):the Toy Thread part 3: Toymorrow comes" , posted Tue 12 Apr 12:29:post reply

I've been adding to my collection lately. I bought all three of the new Star Wars Unleashed figures (Anakin, Obi-wan, and General Grievous). I like them a lot. The Anakin and Obi-wan go together and are fighting in the lava. They look great. My Obi-wan's lightsaber is kind of flimsy though. The Grievous is nice, but my figures upper right hand with the lightsaber is facing the opposite direction from the way the picture looks (though it doesn't matter to me). The best looking Unleashed figure is still the ROTJ version of Luke Skywalker, in my opinion. I love it. I need to get ahold of the Unleashed Leia. I wish I'd started collecting the unleashed figures when they first started coming out, because I would've been able to get the first Vader from the line and the Amidala easily at that time (I saw them everywhere, I can't believe I passed them up).

I picked up Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl (w/ Jack Jack) at the Disney store. I wanted the Violet since she comes with both visible and invisible versions but they were out. I'll find her later and pick up a Dash.

I also bought the full set of the first series of the Alex Ross Justice League. They all look nice (though I like Marvel Legends better than DC Direct, since they are far better articulated and have more interesting bases. Not to mention the Marvel Legends are far better priced). They all stand well without their bases except for Cheetah. She has to be on her base to stand (and the bases take up way too much space). I rounded out my first series of Hush figures by finally picking up Hush.

Also, I'm very excited that I just won a Marvel Legends Phoenix (green) on e-bay today! I've wanted to get her for a while now. I want to order a set of wave 9 (so I can have Galactus). I'm trying to get a box set of the Fantastic Four from the Legends line (the one with the invisible Sue). I'll definately need a full set of wave 10. Not just for the Sentinel, but because Cyclops is finally getting the legends treatment, and so is Angel.

Edit: I also picked up the Hal Jordan from the Green Lantern Rebirth figures.

Hungry Like the Wolf

[this message was edited by Hungrywolf on Tue 12 Apr 12:32]

Dr Baghead
3418th Post

"Re(2):the Toy Thread part 3: Toymorrow comes" , posted Wed 13 Apr 14:38post reply

quote:
I've been adding to my collection lately. I bought all three of the new Star Wars Unleashed figures (Anakin, Obi-wan, and General Grievous). I like them a lot. The Anakin and Obi-wan go together and are fighting in the lava. They look great. My Obi-wan's lightsaber is kind of flimsy though. The Grievous is nice, but my figures upper right hand with the lightsaber is facing the opposite direction from the way the picture looks (though it doesn't matter to me). The best looking Unleashed figure is still the ROTJ version of Luke Skywalker, in my opinion. I love it. I need to get ahold of the Unleashed Leia. I wish I'd started collecting the unleashed figures when they first started coming out, because I would've been able to get the first Vader from the line and the Amidala easily at that time (I saw them everywhere, I can't believe I passed them up).

I've been thinking of getting into the Unleashed line myself... I've been eyeing the Aayla Secura (Blue Jedi chick) and Jedi Luke (I agree, he's the best looking one so far, it's like a Shroryuken pose or something, DYNAMIC!) and the up coming Yoda Vs Palpatine looks great too.

I really hope Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, and Luminara Unduli with matching Bariss Offee get unleashed figures too... I really like their designs (and I certainly wouldn't be heart broken if they got sculpts as dynamic as Luke's... Kit would be prefect in one of Abe Sapien style mid-water twist)

quote:
I'll definately need a full set of wave 10. Not just for the Sentinel, but because Cyclops is finally getting the legends treatment, and so is Angel.

I originally planned to not get the whole series 10, but after getting Professy X and admiring the Galactus head I don't think I'll be able to live without getting to try and put together one giantic figure...

DarkZero
1198th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):the Toy Thread part 3: Toymorrow comes" , posted Wed 13 Apr 18:30post reply

quote:

I really hope Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, and Luminara Unduli with matching Bariss Offee get unleashed figures too... I really like their designs (and I certainly wouldn't be heart broken if they got sculpts as dynamic as Luke's... Kit would be prefect in one of Abe Sapien style mid-water twist)

Does anyone know if they're planning a line of toys for the second season of Clone Wars? I was thinking of picking up a Shaak Ti action figure, but the regular Episode III toy doesn't look anywhere near as cool as Clone Wars version of Shaak Ti with the little heart-shaped eye markings and overall, well... "cute little thing with a light sabre" look.

Dr Baghead
3419th Post

"Re(4):the Toy Thread part 3: Toymorrow comes" , posted Thu 14 Apr 03:07post reply

quote:
Does anyone know if they're planning a line of toys for the second season of Clone Wars? I was thinking of picking up a Shaak Ti action figure, but the regular Episode III toy doesn't look anywhere near as cool as Clone Wars version of Shaak Ti with the little heart-shaped eye markings and overall, well... "cute little thing with a light sabre" look.

They techincally did make toys for the second season, but they're nothing special (since the first two waves where Target exclusives they were just rereleased to all stores but with a "NEW SEASON 2" sticker on them, they also made 4 Clone Troopers, a new Anakin, and Grevious)

I'm personally hoping Gentle Giant contiunes it's line of maquettes/bust based on the animated series (so far they've only done Clone Troppers and Padame to my knowledge)since I really liked Shaak Ti's animated design as well (I like her movie design too, but her animated design is insanely cute... it's like a Hello Kitty Jedi or something)

Hungrywolf
3014th Post

"Re(3):the Toy Thread part 3: Toymorrow comes" , posted Thu 14 Apr 12:30post reply

quote:
I've been thinking of getting into the Unleashed line myself... I've been eyeing the Aayla Secura (Blue Jedi chick) and Jedi Luke (I agree, he's the best looking one so far, it's like a Shroryuken pose or something, DYNAMIC!) and the up coming Yoda Vs Palpatine looks great too.

I wanted the Aayla Secura the moment I saw the picture of her figure in a magazine. I recently bought her when I found one at a Wal-mart. I'm glad Luke has such a great figure since he's my favorite Star War's character. I think the Unleashed line is well worth the money.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
3422th Post

"KoF'in terrific!" , posted Thu 21 Apr 06:04post reply

quote:
I wanted the Aayla Secura the moment I saw the picture of her figure in a magazine. I recently bought her when I found one at a Wal-mart. I'm glad Luke has such a great figure since he's my favorite Star War's character. I think the Unleashed line is well worth the money.

I just bought a Aayla myself, her paint ops are all wrong (the dots on her tendrills are the wrong color) but she's damn nice.

Also the CvS2 Kyo and Iori are shipping now.

They're much taller then the SOTA SF figures, but smaller then the Resaurus SF figures. Their faces aren't nice and they got odd knee joints, but for the most part they have very well hidden articulation and Kyo's hands swap very easily... the flames look nice too(although Iori won't hold his very well)