TRF2 Official Site - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3462 Views )

tenguman
148th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"TRF2 Official Site" , posted Tue 12 Apr 00:59post reply

http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish2

Is it just me or the character drawings are way better than before?

I heard the it's out already here in Brazil. Maybe I'll check it out this week.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Replies:

Nate
496th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):TRF2 Official Site" , posted Tue 12 Apr 04:17post reply

quote:

I think most of the characters look better, yes.

I also think, however, that Mito is a terrible, terrible design. Even the picture of her looks more generic than everyone else. Pirate plus kendo plus tracksuit plus lolita does not work AT ALL. I hear she's overpowered, as well. Ugh. Should I ever play this game I get the feeling I'm going to hate her even more than I already do.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

exodus
2539th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):TRF2 Official Site" , posted Tue 12 Apr 04:32post reply

to me, the character drawings look completely the same, but the front page art is MUCH nicer. They should've used this person for the character designs in the first place.

If you find it in Brazil, let us know!

beto
845th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):TRF2 Official Site" , posted Tue 12 Apr 11:17post reply

The site of the brazillian representative of Sammy is missing the "new releases" list (right side of the screen)...

http://www.diverbras.com.br/

quote:
to me, the character drawings look completely the same, but the front page art is MUCH nicer. They should've used this person for the character designs in the first place.

Itīs the same guy.

Chupiler
897th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"TRF2" , posted Tue 12 Apr 15:35post reply

quote:

I think most of the characters look better, yes.

I also think, however, that Mito is a terrible, terrible design. Even the picture of her looks more generic than everyone else. Pirate plus kendo plus tracksuit plus lolita does not work AT ALL. I hear she's overpowered, as well. Ugh. Should I ever play this game I get the feeling I'm going to hate her even more than I already do.

I still don't think she THAT overpowered. I still have my chances with the other characters to turn the tides.

I think she looks fine in the game, though I don't quite like the "heart" gig. But overall, I think Lud is a worse generic design. I can't help but recall Burn from Psychic Force fame in terms of stupid hairstyles. He looks like a chicken! And if you face crush him, he looks even more like a chicken!

Well, haven't played the game, I'm very happy overall and think that it will look more attractive than the last game, which was very... non-spectacular in looks. From what I hear, technical GGXX players are migrating to TRF2, and "moe" GGXX players are moving to Melty Blood. TRF2 had bad timing, being eclipsed by a game that I'd have to call mediocre at best...

EternalNewbie
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):TRF2" , posted Tue 12 Apr 16:02post reply

CHUPILER!!!
Now that I got that out of my system, on to TRF2. It's looking good to me. I enjoyed the first game and there seems to be nothing made worse in this upcoming one (at least from what I am hearing, haven't played it personally either). As for character designs, I think Mito looks all right; but it is the two new guys that freak me out. A bit too, uhhhh.... crazy smilish for me. I am a bit curious how the two new characters play? Any clues to how they feel and what type of stuff they got going on? Especially Sheryl with that string of her's and such...

EternalNewbie:
The Hachishinkan -- The Weil Numbers.

Chupiler
898th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):TRF2" , posted Wed 13 Apr 02:06post reply

quote:
CHUPILER!!!
Now that I got that out of my system, on to TRF2. It's looking good to me. I enjoyed the first game and there seems to be nothing made worse in this upcoming one (at least from what I am hearing, haven't played it personally either). As for character designs, I think Mito looks all right; but it is the two new guys that freak me out. A bit too, uhhhh.... crazy smilish for me. I am a bit curious how the two new characters play? Any clues to how they feel and what type of stuff they got going on? Especially Sheryl with that string of her's and such...

I'd like to go over thoroughly now, but I don't have to much time, so it'll be brief for now (I'll ignore the names of the moves, so that'll save me some time).

Lud has a shoulder tackle, anti-air shoulder tackle and mid-air shoulder tackle. Like Garon, he can input an extra shoulder tackle in most directions (not sure if it's any direction). He also has a move where he claps, causing an explosion. He also has a button charge move where he punches a whole lotta times.

What makes him unique is that he has a parry system, high and low, similar to Ryo's in the KOF series. This one only comes out when the opponent attacks, so it doesn't come out unexpectedly. By parrying, he builds up Heat in his Heat meter (only he has one), and by using a certain amount of Heat, he can use EX versions of his special moves, as well as his OA or CA (or both, I can't remember).

Bazoo is an oddball character. He has a move where he hits the ground, making debris fall in certain places. He also has a move that causes a rock to appear on the ground, protecting him and/or limited the movement of the opponent (the rock can be destroyed, though). Another move is an uppercut. It shoots out some dust, adding to the range, but it's main purpose is to hit (it does major damage when the fist connects). He also has a dodge where he bends back, followed by a straight or an overhead.

Note that he's a psuedo charge character.
His moves are slow and hard to control. I want to experiment more with him.

Hopefully this'll give you the gist of the two other "new" characters. I'll probably elaborate later on more stuff if you want.

CHAZumaru
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):TRF2" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:07post reply

In case some didn't notice, you can download a PDF of the chacaters' moves on the official site.

EternalNewbie
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):TRF2" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:53post reply

quote:

I'd like to go over thoroughly now, but I don't have to much time, so it'll be brief for now (I'll ignore the names of the moves, so that'll save me some time).

Lud has a shoulder tackle, anti-air shoulder tackle and mid-air shoulder tackle. Like Garon, he can input an extra shoulder tackle in most directions (not sure if it's any direction). He also has a move where he claps, causing an explosion. He also has a button charge move where he punches a whole lotta times.

What makes him unique is that he has a parry system, high and low, similar to Ryo's in the KOF series. This one only comes out when the opponent attacks, so it doesn't come out unexpectedly. By parrying, he builds up Heat in his Heat meter (only he has one), and by using a certain amount of Heat, he can use EX versions of his special moves, as well as his OA or CA (or both, I can't remember).

Bazoo is an oddball character. He has a move where he hits the ground, making debris fall in certain places. He also has a move that causes a rock to appear on the ground, protecting him and/or limited the movement of the opponent (the rock can be destroyed, though). Another move is an uppercut. It shoots out some dust, adding to the range, but it's main purpose is to hit (it does major damage when the fist connects). He also has a dodge where he bends back, followed by a straight or an overhead.

Note that he's a psuedo charge character.
His moves are slow and hard to control. I want to experiment more with him.

Hopefully this'll give you the gist of the two other "new" characters. I'll probably elaborate later on more stuff if you want.

Lud doesn't sound that bad, however Bazoo actually sounds alot more interesting to play than I thought he would. Just looking at his character design, it is easy to see that he is a slow but assumedly strong character, but it is interesting to hear about him using rocks and stuff to attack as well. It seems like he holds some possibility to be a fun character.

EternalNewbie:
The Hachishinkan -- The Weil Numbers.

ZamIAm
1509th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):TRF2 Official Site" , posted Thu 14 Apr 10:07post reply

Do you know of anywhere that has the full character profiles in English?

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?