mysterious gaming facts! conspiracies! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4928 Views )

Rid
6554th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"mysterious gaming facts! conspiracies!" , posted Mon 11 Apr 01:15post reply

Both Tales of Eternia and Star Ocean 3, third games on their action oriented RPG sagas, have a Valkyrie from another game as a hidden boss.

Both Ulala from SC5 and Blaze from Streets of Rage have similar orange clothes that became white on the sequels.

Virtual On, Sonic Adventure and Space Channel 5 have characters with black-and-red colors named Shadow.

Sumire Kanzaki and Karin Kanzuki have almost the same lastname, have lots of money and a bitchy laugh, and like to annoy girls named Sakura.

You can talk about the main girls from Namco's main racing saga and Konami's female wrestling game as "Reiko from RR".

Capcom used four similar characters on their games: Jasmine from Aladdin, Pullum from SFEX, Shantae from, well, Shantae and Rouge from Power Stone, but only owns the rights for the last one.

The truth is out there!

Replies:

Shingo The One
476th Post

Gold Customer

"How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Mon 11 Apr 02:34:post reply

quote:
Both Tales of Eternia and Star Ocean 3, third games on their action oriented RPG sagas, have a Valkyrie from another game as a hidden boss.

Both Ulala from SC5 and Blaze from Streets of Rage have similar orange clothes that became white on the sequels.

Virtual On, Sonic Adventure and Space Channel 5 have characters with black-and-red colors named Shadow.

Sumire Kanzaki and Karin Kanzuki have almost the same lastname, have lots of money and a bitchy laugh, and like to annoy girls named Sakura.

You can talk about the main girls from Namco's main racing saga and Konami's female wrestling game as "Reiko from RR".

Capcom used four similar characters on their games: Jasmine from Aladdin, Pullum from SFEX, Shantae from, well, Shantae and Rouge from Power Stone, but only owns the rights for the last one.

The truth is out there!

Hey man, nice facts.How about doing such a shit for anime?There sure are quite a bit of mysterious facts regarding characters, attacks etc, right?

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Mon 11 Apr 14:11]

Ishmael
1938th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):mysterious gaming facts! conspiracies!" , posted Mon 11 Apr 04:42post reply

I've thought long and hard about this and I've realized what is wrong with both 2D and 3D fighters today; characters don't vomit when you hit them anymore.

IkariDC
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Mon 11 Apr 04:44post reply

quote:

Blaze always had RED colored clothes in the Bare Knuckle games. When Streets Of Rage 3 was released in the west, they changed lots of things. One of them was altering Axel's shirt from white to yellow, and Blaze's top and miniskirt from red to white:

Bare Knuckle 3
Streets Of Rage 3

Skate/Sammy's outfit color was altered too, but I find pretty funny that Axel's and Blaze's color change matches the same colors they used in the European/American Street Of Rage cover, while in the American Streets Of Rage 3 cover it doesn't (ok, at least Axel)!

Interesting topic, keep those similarities coming, better if you can link to images!

Sano
1688th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Mon 11 Apr 05:47post reply

Capcom has two Lucias. One for Final Fight 3 and another for Devil May Cry 2. No one cares baout either. Don't go naming your characters Lucia.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Rid
6555th Post

"Re(3):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Mon 11 Apr 05:54post reply

quote:
Capcom has two Lucias. One for Final Fight 3 and another for Devil May Cry 2. No one cares baout either. Don't go naming your characters Lucia.

And two Carlos: Final Fight 3 and Resident Evil 3.

Sano
1690th Post

"Re(3):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Mon 11 Apr 06:02:post reply

Here's an Anime conspiracy that's true.

L'Arc-en-ciel, my favorite J-Pop band had a song called "the Fourth Avenue Cafe" that played on one of Rurouni Kenshin's endings. They also has the first song on the Rurouni Kenshin Movie which I'm going to call "Stairway to Heaven" since that's one of the English lyrics. There were charges that the band was taking drugs, so 'the Fourth Avenue Cafe' was taken out of the show and they brought back the previous ending song, "Heart of Sword." On the first CD that had all of Rurouni Kenshins openings and endings from the first and second season, both of L'Arc-en-Ciel's songs were missing from the soundtrack, the final song of the movie was on the soundtrack though since they didn't sing that. Later, after L'Arc-en-Ciel was cleared of all charges, both of their songs wound up in the Rurounikenshin Best Collection soundtrack, which included both of these songs and even all of the vocal songs of the third season. Now here's where it gets tricky. After the second OVA series ended they released a massive whole bunch of CDs collection called "Animation Rurouni Kenshin Meiji Kenkaku Romanan Complete CD Box" which has every single Rurouni Kenshin song ever made. And I mean EVERY Rurouni Kenshin song ever made. All of the songs from the Anime, all of the music, all of the songs the characters sing themselves, all of the music from both of the video games, all of the music from both OVAs, EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF MUSIC FOR RUROUNI KENSHIN IS IN THIS BOX SET even "Stairway to Heaven" and it is still missing "the Fourth Avenue Cafe."

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 11 Apr 06:04]

exodus
2538th Post

"Re(4):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 01:35post reply

there's a site for anime that's sort of like that. see here.

Mokona
243th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 02:19post reply

quote:
Here's an Anime conspiracy that's true.

L'Arc-en-ciel, my favorite J-Pop band had a song called "the Fourth Avenue Cafe" that played on one of Rurouni Kenshin's endings. They also has the first song on the Rurouni Kenshin Movie which I'm going to call "Stairway to Heaven" since that's one of the English lyrics. There were charges that the band was taking drugs, so 'the Fourth Avenue Cafe' was taken out of the show and they brought back the previous ending song, "Heart of Sword." On the first CD that had all of Rurouni Kenshins openings and endings from the first and second season, both of L'Arc-en-Ciel's songs were missing from the soundtrack, the final song of the movie was on the soundtrack though since they didn't sing that. Later, after L'Arc-en-Ciel was cleared of all charges, both of their songs wound up in the Rurounikenshin Best Collection soundtrack, which included both of these songs and even all of the vocal songs of the third season. Now here's where it gets tricky. After the second OVA series ended they released a massive whole bunch of CDs collection called "Animation Rurouni Kenshin Meiji Kenkaku Romanan Complete CD Box" which has every single Rurouni Kenshin song ever made. And I mean EVERY Rurouni Kenshin song ever made. All of the songs from the Anime, all of the music, all of the songs the characters sing themselves, all of the music from both of the video games, all of the music from both OVAs, EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF MUSIC FOR RUROUNI KENSHIN IS IN THIS BOX SET even "Stairway to Heaven" and it is still missing "the Fourth Avenue Cafe."

I thought the drummer DID in fact take drugs, was arrested for possession, and was fired from the band because of it (sakura was his name, right?). (but maybe it's a real conspiracy that's not true, you can't believe all the rumours...)

Blah!

Sano
1692th Post

"Re(5):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 02:31post reply

quote:
I thought the drummer DID in fact take drugs, was arrested for possession, and was fired from the band because of it (sakura was his name, right?). (but maybe it's a real conspiracy that's not true, you can't believe all the rumours...)

Could be. Still, the real conspiracy is why is "The Fourth Avenue Cafe" song missing from a CD Collection that has every single Rurouni Kenshin piece of music ever created. Strange.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

IkariDC
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 03:21post reply

Yes, it was the drummer Sakura the one involved with drugs and the one who was kicked from the band, being replaced by Yukihiro.

Starway to Heaven? You mean Niji, right? That's the song that appears at the beginning of the Rurouni movie.

I kind of like laruku, but I haven't listened to their latest stuff.

tenguman
151th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 03:27post reply

quote:
Yes, it was the drummer Sakura the one involved with drugs and the one who was kicked from the band, being replaced by Yukihiro.

Starway to Heaven? You mean Niji, right? That's the song that appears at the beginning of the Rurouni movie.

I kind of like laruku, but I haven't listened to their latest stuff.

If you liked it before, I don't know if you'll like them now.
They're much less pop and more rock in my opinion.
Smile (the most recent album, if I'm correct) is good.

And well, the MGS series are all about conspiracies.
Every game/anime/whatever that mixes things with real history facts have this kind of conspiracy-atmosphere, IMO.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

IkariDC
324th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 03:43post reply

quote:

That's perfectly fine with me, I like rock much better. I really liked Hyde's 666.

tenguman
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 03:58post reply

quote:

That's perfectly fine with me, I like rock much better. I really liked Hyde's 666.

Cool then.
The thing is I heard some complaints about that "change of style" of Laruku.
I personally like rock much better too.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Sano
1696th Post

"What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:11:post reply

quote:

Starway to Heaven? You mean Niji, right?

Yeah, Niji. The English Lyrics are "Stairway to Heaven" and then "Labrynth to Heart."

They also sang GTO's intro, "Driver's High", Full Metal Alchemist's intro "Ready Steady Go" and the English song that played during the ending credits of the Final Fantasy Spirits Within Movie, "Spirit Dreams Inside." The last two songs I mentioned are on the Smile album.

And what about the MMCAFE conspiracy? I'm sure most of you know about this, but anyway -

1. Go back once from this page.

2. See all the threads currently on page one, study them.

3. Click on page 2.

4. Click on page 1 again. You get a completely different set of Threads!

This Hidden Thread trick has been in effect since as long as I remember! Is MMCAFE purposly hidding threads? Or since this thread is about video games are they just trying to add a hidden feature? You decide!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 12 Apr 05:13]

Digitalboy
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:31post reply

quote:
They also sang GTO's intro, "Driver's High", Full Metal Alchemist's intro "Ready Steady Go" and the English song that played during the ending credits of the Final Fantasy Spirits Within Movie, "Spirit Dreams Inside." The last two songs I mentioned are on the Smile album.

And what about the MMCAFE conspiracy? I'm sure most of you know about this, but anyway -

3. Click on page 2.

This Hidden Thread trick has been in effect since as long as I remember! Is MMCAFE purposly hidding threads? Or since this thread is about video games are they just trying to add a hidden feature? You decide!

HMMM...Interesting. I am very curious in your quote un-quote theories. Do you have a monthly pamphlet that I can subscribe to so that I can know more?

tenguman
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:34post reply

quote:

Starway to Heaven? You mean Niji, right?

Yeah, Niji. The English Lyrics are "Stairway to Heaven" and then "Labrynth to Heart."

3. Click on page 2.

The real MMCAFE conspiracy is that it's really a hub for France's plan to take over the world.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Digitalboy
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:35post reply

quote:

3. Click on page 2.

HMMM...Interesting. I am very curious in your quote un-quote theories. Do you have a monthly pamphlet that I can subscribe to so that I can know more?

Hey Sano! What about this conspiracy? Look at my last thread and look at this one. Each time that I quote un-quote post the number below my quote un-quote screen name increases. Getting goose bumps but still think about it!

Sano
1696th Post

"Re(2):What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:43post reply

quote:

The real MMCAFE conspiracy is that it's really a hub for France's plan to take over the world.

I knew that was Iggy's ultimate agenda...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1697th Post

"Re(2):What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 05:49post reply

quote:

Yes I do have a monthly pamphlet. It will be put in your mailbox tommorow morning. If you can't view the pamplet it is to late for you, you have become a victim of 666. People who bear the mark of the beast can not see the pamphlet due to the magical spell placed on it by a Red Mage from Final Fantasy. Getting the mark 666 means getting a Social Security Number, all SS numbers are mathematical equations that add up to 666. If you have one of those you are doomed. If you don't have an SS number chances are you are unemployed and homeless but are safe...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Evenor
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):READY STEADY FLOP!" , posted Tue 12 Apr 07:32post reply

Laruku's Smile album was ok (compared to their previous work). It was basically a mixed bag, with some really catchy songs like Lover boy, Feeling fine, and Coming closer but it also brought some garbage songs ( Revelations ...ugh )

However , their new singles "Killing me" and "New World" are really good!

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

ZamIAm
1503th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):How about mysterious anime facts?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 08:08post reply

quote:

Blaze always had RED colored clothes in the Bare Knuckle games. When Streets Of Rage 3 was released in the west, they changed lots of things. One of them was altering Axel's shirt from white to yellow, and Blaze's top and miniskirt from red to white:

Bare Knuckle 3
Streets Of Rage 3

Skate/Sammy's outfit color was altered too, but I find pretty funny that Axel's and Blaze's color change matches the same colors they used in the European/American Street Of Rage cover, while in the American Streets Of Rage 3 cover it doesn't (ok, at least Axel)!

Interesting topic, keep those similarities coming, better if you can link to images!

Blaze looks cool in white but Axel looks lame in yellow. Speaking of yellow shirts, where is Skate and Adam for the covers?

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

ZamIAm
1504th Post

"desert princess action" , posted Tue 12 Apr 08:17post reply

quote:

That said:
Who do you think would win in a fight?
Jasmine
Shantae
Pullum Purna
Rouge
results

My money's actually on Jas

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Sano
1698th Post

"Re(1):desert princess action" , posted Tue 12 Apr 10:08post reply

Pullum Purna because for her Super she can even make Ryu dance...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Rid
6557th Post

"Re(2):desert princess action" , posted Tue 12 Apr 11:02post reply

Rouge, because of her transformation, too powerful.

ZamIAm
1506th Post

"Re(3):desert princess action" , posted Tue 12 Apr 11:59post reply

quote:
Rouge, because of her transformation, too powerful.

My vote for Jasmine isn't showing up! (I'm blaiming my computer...)

Digitalboy
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 19:21post reply

quote:

Yes I do have a monthly pamphlet. It will be put in your mailbox tommorow morning. If you can't view the pamplet it is to late for you, you have become a victim of 666. People who bear the mark of the beast can not see the pamphlet due to the magical spell placed on it by a Red Mage from Final Fantasy. Getting the mark 666 means getting a Social Security Number, all SS numbers are mathematical equations that add up to 666. If you have one of those you are doomed. If you don't have an SS number chances are you are unemployed and homeless but are safe...

Got it! Thanks Sano, it contains alot of facts that I never knew.

Sano
1700th Post

"Re(4):What about the MMCAFE consporacy?" , posted Tue 12 Apr 22:45:post reply

quote:
Got it! Thanks Sano, it contains alot of facts that I never knew.

Okay now I'm just scared, LOL!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 13 Apr 00:49]

Red Falcon
5446th Post

"Re:(2)How about mysterious animal facts?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 01:14post reply

Did you know that horn toads can shoot BLOOD from their eyes?

Best site EVER:Link Here

Ishmael
1942th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"game anime animal fact?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 01:36post reply

quote:

The first Samurai Shodown anime was so bad that blood ran from my eyes when I watched it.

Mokona
245th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):game anime animal fact?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 02:27post reply

How about the ShingoTheOne1209487 conspiracy?
There were two of them at one point, weren't there?

There are things better left unsaid...

Blah!

Maou
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):game anime animal fact?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:23post reply

quote:

Maybe they're randomly generated encounters?
Sano: just guessing, but don't you suppose it could be liscencing issues? Unlike other songs that were produced specifically for Kenshin, maybe 4th Avenue Cafe was already produced and later used for the TV show? Don't remember what year they used it in the ED song (didn't like the anime compared to the comic so I forgot those things), but according to this discography, the song released on a 1996 album. Make of it what you will...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Sano
1701th Post

"Re(3):game anime animal fact?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:29post reply

quote:

Maybe they're randomly generated encounters?
Sano: just guessing, but don't you suppose it could be liscencing issues? Unlike other songs that were produced specifically for Kenshin, maybe 4th Avenue Cafe was already produced and later used for the TV show? Don't remember what year they used it in the ED song (didn't like the anime compared to the comic so I forgot those things), but according to this discography, the song released on a 1996 album. Make of it what you will...

Seems likely enough.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

shindekudasai
90th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):game anime animal fact?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 03:34post reply

While we're on the subject of conspiracies ... whatever happened to Hazzan???

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Maou
558th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):game anime animal fact?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 05:12post reply

quote:

Soccer camp , didn't you hear? Anyway, Sano-if you know what year the Kenshin TV show came out it just might solve that mystery for sure...the comics came out first in 1994 or so, but I really don't remember if the timeline works so that L'arc would have done 4th Avenue before the TV show was planned or not. Mysteries abound!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Sano
1702th Post

"Re(6):game anime animal fact?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 06:04post reply

quote:

Soccer camp , didn't you hear? Anyway, Sano-if you know what year the Kenshin TV show came out it just might solve that mystery for sure...the comics came out first in 1994 or so, but I really don't remember if the timeline works so that L'arc would have done 4th Avenue before the TV show was planned or not. Mysteries abound!

I have a Rurouni Kenshin book that says the exact date when every episode aired. So, let me see...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

ZamIAm
1508th Post

"Re(3):Re:(2)How about mysterious animal facts" , posted Wed 13 Apr 11:40post reply

quote:

Yep. Did you know that if you run over a cane toad, there a chance that it will be able to reswallow its guts and hop along like nothing happened?

Sano
1703th Post

"Re(4):Re:(2)How about mysterious animal facts" , posted Wed 13 Apr 12:12post reply

The first episode of Rurouni Kenshin aired January 10, 1996. The last episode aired September 8, 1998. The first time "the Fourth Avenue Cafe" played was during the first episode Kenshin fought Cho. In the episode where he used the succesion technique against Hiko Seijuro they went back to using "Heart of Sword."

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!