Has anyone tried Swap Magic for the PS2? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2219 Views )

BCMidnight
530th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Has anyone tried Swap Magic for the PS2?" , posted Sun 10 Apr 21:37post reply

I really want to import Samurai Showdown 5, Dakrstalkers collection, and the Last Blade collection for my PS@. I have a slim version and have found at www.modchip.com that they have a Slim tool kit and swap magic discs for the new slim PS2 that allows people to play imports without opening the system. Has anyone tried this. I really want it to work. Thanks for any help.

Replies:

hikarutilmitt
313th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Has anyone tried Swap Magic for the PS2" , posted Mon 11 Apr 07:30post reply

quote:
I really want to import Samurai Showdown 5, Dakrstalkers collection, and the Last Blade collection for my PS@. I have a slim version and have found at www.modchip.com that they have a Slim tool kit and swap magic discs for the new slim PS2 that allows people to play imports without opening the system. Has anyone tried this. I really want it to work. Thanks for any help.

I use one on my v7 PS2 and it works for everything I need it to. It's a lot more reliable than a modchip, IMO (especially with the slim PS2).

GekigangerV
1077th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Has anyone tried Swap Magic for the PS2" , posted Mon 11 Apr 13:22post reply

I got it and it works fine for me. However there are some games that won't work right away. Berserk and old CD based games required another program called DVDloader, which is easy to get. You might want to check around to make sure that those games you want are compatible.

Mokona
241th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Has anyone tried Swap Magic for the PS2" , posted Tue 12 Apr 01:45post reply

I've been planning to ask about that too. Cool to hear it works well.
I have some questions too:
1) is it easy to install/remove, and if so, can you actually see there was something or not when you remove it?
2) I know there are several products available, which one do you recommend?

Blah!