PS2 Saint Seiya - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4264 Views )

tenguman
146th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sat 9 Apr 00:26post reply

So, since it's out already, anyone got it/played it yet?

I've played some of it, but wanna hear your impressions before saying anything.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Replies:

Pollyanna
989th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sat 9 Apr 06:18post reply

It seems like it's been out for a long time. Do people have bootlegs or Chinese versions? I didn't buy it myself, but I should be able to play it soon.

ONSLAUGHT
3337th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sat 9 Apr 06:26post reply

quote:
Do people have bootlegs or Chinese versions?

I've seen bootleg versions around here, but my PS2 is not modded, so I can't comment on it.
Do you know if the game will have an american release? I'm not really interested in it, but I would like to hear some comments.

Iggy
6259th Post

"Re(3):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sat 9 Apr 06:46post reply

quote:
I would like to hear some comments.

Oh, I can do that.
It's pure crap, but with Saint Seya's name on it.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

DarkLordDragon
726th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 05:15post reply

Actually I saw a clip of that game and I have to say it's really a very cool game, Saga looks great and amazing, glad that his voice actor is same as Hades, Okaiyu Ryotarou ^_^ and yeah Ikki rocks as well...

Long-Live Gemini Saint

ONSLAUGHT
3342th Post

"Re(4):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 05:25:post reply

quote:
I would like to hear some comments.

Oh, I can do that.
It's pure crap, but with Saint Seya's name on it.

We all know that, but the real question is, what kind f crap is it? Smelly?, tolerable?, sticky?, vomit inducer? My soul will never rest if I don't know the answer to these questions-

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Sun 10 Apr 05:49]

Pollyanna
992th Post

"Re(5):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 05:39post reply

OK, spent a jolly good evening with Saint Seiya, and that's the last I'll play. Iggy is right. Crap.

For those who have seen the special moves in videos, or for those who have played the game and said "The special moves look good" as a compliment to the game, I suppose you're right. If your only objective is seeing Saint Seiya in 3D regardless of the gameplay and the content, then this game will deliver. If that's all you care about, then you're an idiot, and you're the only class of person this game caters to (other than perhaps small children, who are also generally stupid).

Each character has TWO COMBOS. One is performed by jamming square and one is performed by jamming X. The X one almost always gets interrupted by the computer, though, so you're reduced to one attack to do. "What about the awesome super moves, Polly?" you may ask. Well, they work for part of the game, but they have this brilliant system where if you press a button, you can counter someone's super move. Then you get in a contest of jamming on buttons/wiggling the analog to see who the more skilled player is, of course. The computer becomes so "good" at this so quickly, that you've already lost before you can even manage to hit a button. I doubt you'll find any honest person that will tell you they can beat the computer on this. People who complain will be (realistically) met with "don't do super moves". How much fun is THAT!?

In the game's defense, I actually had fun with it for a few hours in the way that someone can have fun with a bad game with a bit of novelty. I loved having Athena call my character's name while cheezy music played...then the subsequent screaming. It was a gimmicky, but fun. It was also a huge victory when I could pull off a level 3 super (though that required no skill on my part). These little things do not make for a decent game, though. And I don't care how many characters there are. There's no legitimate variety...some are just better than others.

This is my opinion, but also the opinion of any sane person. It is NOT a warning to Saint Seiya fans, because they're NOT sane people, and will undoubtedly buy the game regardless of how bad it is. I don't wish the game was better as much as I wish it was even worse so that people who insist on playing bad games will really have to sweat this time.

ONSLAUGHT
3343th Post

"!!!" , posted Sun 10 Apr 05:51:post reply

quote:
Actually I saw a clip of that game and I have to say it's really a very cool game

quote:
For those who have seen the special moves in videos, or for those who have played the game and said "The special moves look good" as a compliment to the game, I suppose you're right. If your only objective is seeing Saint Seiya in 3D regardless of the gameplay and the content, then this game will deliver. If that's all you care about, then you're an idiot, and you're the only class of person this game caters to (other than perhaps small children, who are also generally stupid).

Thank you Polly Pocket, now I can die with no regrets.

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Sun 10 Apr 05:54]

Hagen de Merak
885th Post

"Re(6):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 06:33post reply

quote:
It is NOT a warning to Saint Seiya fans, because they're NOT sane people, and will undoubtedly buy the game regardless of how bad it is.

your an idiot. Im probably one of the biggest SS fans around, not to mention onsy, yet we aren't going to buy krupa. but im guessing you did.

Pollyanna
993th Post

"Re(7):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 06:40post reply

quote:

your an idiot. Im probably one of the biggest SS fans around, not to mention onsy, yet we aren't going to buy krupa. but im guessing you did.

I'm sorry. I am an idiot, but I'm not a liar. If you look, I said "I didn't buy it myself."

Hagen de Merak
886th Post

"Re(8):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 06:46post reply

quote:

I'm sorry. I am an idiot, but I'm not a liar. If you look, I said "I didn't buy it myself."

yeah well, i said "im guessing" which isnt a fact and which isnt calling you a liar. which you kind of are since you're generalizing.

Pollyanna
994th Post

"Re(9):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 07:03post reply

quote:

yeah well, i said "im guessing" which isnt a fact and which isnt calling you a liar. which you kind of are since you're generalizing.

I don't want this to turn into a bout of insults. I said "I'm sorry" because I don't like insulting people on this board and I didn't think that I might have offended someone with my comment.

Despite your insults and attempts to harass me in the past, I've never intentionally insulted you. If I have now, I didn't have any malicious intent. I've had to ignore you in the past, and I can only assume that's what I'll have to do in the future, but I want you to know where I stand on the issue.

ONSLAUGHT
3343th Post

"Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Sun 10 Apr 07:43post reply

quote:

I don't want this to turn into a bout of insults. I said "I'm sorry" because I don't like insulting people on this board and I didn't think that I might have offended someone with my comment.

Come on, a messageboard without bouts of insults is like shit with no stink on it!
And don't apologize to this jerk... hell, don't apologize to nobody! But I guess that's your style, and I'm no one to tell you otherwise, for that, I'm sorry... wait, no, I'm not!
quote:

Despite your insults and attempts to harass me in the past, I've never intentionally insulted you. If I have now, I didn't have any malicious intent. I've had to ignore you in the past, and I can only assume that's what I'll have to do in the future, but I want you to know where I stand on the issue.

Be fair, he's got a big crush on you, and he can only express it through insults.

mbisonhatclub
79th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 10:24post reply

One of the prestigious hat club's greatest peeves is when someone interchanges your and you're in the wrong places. This deserves a psycho crusher.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Hagen de Merak
887th Post

"Re(10):PS2 Saint Seiya" , posted Sun 10 Apr 15:45post reply

quote:

well yeah, maybe your right. but you have to admit, queering dont make the world work.

as for you onslaught, your just a dumb mexican trying to get attention, its a known fact. so please just go back to having sex with your alien queen.

Pollyanna
995th Post

"Re(1):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Sun 10 Apr 18:09post reply

quote:

Come on, a messageboard without bouts of insults is like shit with no stink on it!
And don't apologize to this jerk... hell, don't apologize to nobody! But I guess that's your style, and I'm no one to tell you otherwise, for that, I'm sorry... wait, no, I'm not!

Well, I don't want to offend anyone and I don't want to bring on more harassment. Hagen won't post for weeks, then will continually post to bother me. ..then not post for weeks again. I don't need that, especially when I have a hard time understanding him.

Then there's Iggy and Brandon. I can hurl insults at them as much as I like without fear of (undue) harassment or heartbreak. I'm apologizing because I didn't think anyone would take my talk about Saint Seiya fans personally.

I'd like to argue about this game, but I'm not going to GameFaqs to do it.

Iggy
6270th Post

"Re(2):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Sun 10 Apr 18:37post reply

Thanks for the time you spend on the game, Polly.
I'm afraid no discution is possible with these kinds of games, since the anme on the shit is what most people will want, will buy, and will enjoy.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Pollyanna
997th Post

"Re(3):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Sun 10 Apr 19:03post reply

Yeah, but I can't believe Dimps made this game. I haven't played the DBZ games, but they -look- awesome. Narutimate Hero is also quite playable and excellent for an anime game.

I don't get anime games, because they so often have these lengthy, crappy looking cut scenes that appeal to no one. People who have not seen the anime won't care, and people who have...well, they've already seen it, only it was ANIMATED last time. One exception I can think of is the new Gundam game by Namco/Bandai that has short, reasonably pretty cut scenes and amazing music.

Shingo The One
472th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Sun 10 Apr 19:46post reply

quote:
Yeah, but I can't believe Dimps made this game. I haven't played the DBZ games, but they -look- awesome. Narutimate Hero is also quite playable and excellent for an anime game.

I don't get anime games, because they so often have these lengthy, crappy looking cut scenes that appeal to no one. People who have not seen the anime won't care, and people who have...well, they've already seen it, only it was ANIMATED last time. One exception I can think of is the new Gundam game by Namco/Bandai that has short, reasonably pretty cut scenes and amazing music.

Thank you Pollyanna for your view on yet another worthless fighting game based on a manga/anime franchise.And while DBZ is now shit, I suggest when you have the time to play DBZ Budokai 3, because it's the only fighter featuring Dragonball that is worth playing and enjoying.And Naruto of course(the PS2 version only).

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3373th Post

"Re(2):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Mon 11 Apr 14:54post reply

quote:
Well, I don't want to offend anyone and I don't want to bring on more harassment. Hagen won't post for weeks, then will continually post to bother me. ..then not post for weeks again. I don't need that, especially when I have a hard time understanding him.

Then there's Iggy and Brandon. I can hurl insults at them as much as I like without fear of (undue) harassment or heartbreak. I'm apologizing because I didn't think anyone would take my talk about Saint Seiya fans personally.

I'd like to argue about this game, but I'm not going to GameFaqs to do it.

IkariDC
327th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Tue 12 Apr 04:31:post reply

It's just me or isn't the game really and increadibly SLOW?

The only thing I liked about the game was the opening, the music, and when Athena calls you when you've been defeated and you have to mash the buttons/controller to stand up.

The graphics are so so, not bad, but not very good either. The game really doesn't deserve more attention.

Edit:
quote:
The game really doesn't deserve more attention.

Unless Jérome from nouvelle star sings the opening in the European edition!

[this message was edited by IkariDC on Tue 12 Apr 04:41]

Pollyanna
1002th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Tue 12 Apr 06:25post reply

quote:

The only thing I liked about the game was the opening, the music, and when Athena calls you when you've been defeated and you have to mash the buttons/controller to stand up.

It wouldn't be SO slow, but you can't attack while you're dashing and your attacks don't move you forward at all. I usually think that's lame...having attacks sort of...dance you across the screen, but in the case of this game, where you're just jamming on one button anyway, I think it would be an improvement to try and speed the action up a bit.

I don't like it when anything makes you jam on buttons, buut the Athena thing was still a nice touch.

Mosquiton
1583th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"suggestion for Polly's next avatar" , posted Tue 12 Apr 06:54post reply

You have a nice consistent theme going, for your next switch I suggest the heroine from Demento.

/ / /

Pollyanna
1003th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):suggestion for Polly's next avatar" , posted Tue 12 Apr 07:39post reply

quote:
You have a nice consistent theme going, for your next switch I suggest the heroine from Demento.

I love her design...I was thinking about it. I made an icon of Kihel (from Akiman's new top image) and the blonde lady from the Granado Espada pages wallpaper (the one where everyone is in the rain). If I like Demento, I'll go for it, though.

Hagen de Merak
888th Post

"Re(3):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Tue 12 Apr 10:15post reply

quote:

she's probably listening to linkin park.

Makondo99
268th Post

Copper Customer

""ATHENAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"" , posted Tue 12 Apr 11:44post reply

quote:

It wouldn't be SO slow, but you can't attack while you're dashing and your attacks don't move you forward at all. I usually think that's lame...having attacks sort of...dance you across the screen, but in the case of this game, where you're just jamming on one button anyway, I think it would be an improvement to try and speed the action up a bit.

I don't like it when anything makes you jam on buttons, buut the Athena thing was still a nice touch.

Actually, you can attack when dashing, use dash + circle and depending on your amount of "cosmo" you'll have a watered down or powered version of the attack.

Once you get used to the (somehow wierd) dash/evade system battles become much faster. Another trick, used guard + circle for a proyectile attack.

So far, I've been having fun with this game and I can't wait to have some battles with my nerdy friends so we can scream "DAME TU FUERZA PEGAAASOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and come back to life "POR ATENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, and I've managed to beat the computer once or twice when the power struggle begins. It's ULTRA TOUGH, but I *think* that your amount of "cosmo" and health bar somehow influence the outcome. Anyway, most of the time the computer has the upper hand so I ended up not bothering with even trying to struggle. Saga must have sent me to "Another Dimension" at least 20 times before I could beat him with a *miraculous* level 2 or 3 super. It was quite priceless, though.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3375th Post

"Re(4):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Tue 12 Apr 12:18post reply

quote:

she's probably listening to linkin park.

i wouldn't doubt it :\

ONSLAUGHT
3345th Post

"Re(2):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Sat 16 Apr 12:28post reply

quote:

Don't try to understand him, he's just a texas boy with a thick accent and a cowboy hat, he probably makes sweet love to goats.
quote:

Then there's Iggy and Brandon. I can hurl insults at them as much as I like without fear of (undue) harassment or heartbreak.
You elitists get along, that's why.

quote:
I'm apologizing because I didn't think anyone would take my talk about Saint Seiya fans personally.

Fuck the Saint Seiya fans

Hagen de Merak
889th Post

"Re(3):Pegasus sex fantasy" , posted Sat 16 Apr 15:51post reply

quote:

Fuck the Saint Seiya fans

Fuck Dr. Wagner fans. and fuck stupid mexicans (especially ones from acapulco).