Anyone get Spikeout for X-box? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1570 Views )

Burning Ranger
1152th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Thu 7 Apr 10:57post reply

Supposedly, it came out last week in the US (and mid-March in Japan). I never played the original, so I'm wondering if I should try it.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Replies:

Ammadeau
1314th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Thu 7 Apr 11:16post reply

I've been playing nothing else for like two weeks solid. Have 34 characters unlocked and 24 left to get. It's worth it mainly for playing on live (or offline with friends). The story mode is brutally difficult. Having so many playable characters keeps the game interesting for me.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

simonbelmont
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Thu 7 Apr 11:49post reply

quote:
The story mode is brutally difficult. Having so many playable characters keeps the game interesting for me.

Yeah that's an understatement. I can't even get past level three. Definitely worth picking up if you have Xbox live or friends who will play with you offline.
What's your Xbox live SN? I'll play with you sometime. I definitely need some more characters.

Ammadeau
1315th Post

"Re(1):Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Thu 7 Apr 20:13post reply

PennilessNine, though I play at odd times so I'm not easy to catch. More than willing to trade bosses or hunt some down though.

simonbelmont
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Mon 11 Apr 14:50post reply

quote:
PennilessNine, though I play at odd times so I'm not easy to catch. More than willing to trade bosses or hunt some down though.

Thanks. I sent you a reuest. My SN is orochimark.

Ammadeau
1319th Post

"Re(3):Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Mon 11 Apr 20:24post reply

Cool. I'll accept the next time I'm on. I've only got 4 bosses left now, but I still enjoy playing with people, even if I don't get any more. Especially on hard with no continues like most Japanese play it, whether they suck or not. Seriously, I was playing with one Japanese guy because he was using a boss I didn't have yet and he spent half the game dead. One time he went from full life to death in under a minute.

simonbelmont
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 09:19post reply

quote:
I've only got 4 bosses left now, but I still enjoy playing with people, even if I don't get any more.

Which characters are you missing? I have two obese caucasian female wrestlers named Wanda and Geena. Do you know what level they appear on? I've beat game countless times and never encountered them. I really want to fight them. Also, I was playing last night with some Japanese people and did both the ship and Astro Mall levels in one game. Pretty cool. Took a long time though.

Ammadeau
1320th Post

"Re(5):Anyone get Spikeout for X-box?" , posted Wed 13 Apr 11:38post reply

They're in the mall. If you take the A version, at the fork you have to go right to the parking lot. On the B version you run into them no matter what.

I'm missing the guy that looks like Urien in Deisel Town, Duke and Wang in the Mall, and one of those four bug guys in the Opera. None of them matter too much to me though.