Original message (3291 Views )

Iggy
6224th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Tue 5 Apr 23:29post reply

Phantom Kingdom interview

Ys 4 A New Theory official site

Sales : Phantom Kingdom first, The Rumble Fish second. Even though it's a low week, good surprise for TRF.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Replies:

Fuchikoma
1239th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Wed 6 Apr 01:28post reply

I'm not surprised that Rumblefish is selling well, I've been playing the PS2 port over the past week and it's really well done. I know some people were saying that the animation was going to take a hit, but it looks flawless to me... although I've barely played the arcade version to compare.

It's nice to have a fresh 2d fighter... now bring on TRF2, Chaos Breaker, NGBC, and the next Guilty Gear!

Iggy
6226th Post

"Re(2):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Wed 6 Apr 02:48post reply

quote:
and the next Guilty Gear!

With the current state of Arc system, I wouldn't bet much money on this.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Nate
484th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Wed 6 Apr 02:54post reply

quote:
and the next Guilty Gear!

With the current state of Arc system, I wouldn't bet much money on this.

What happened to Arc System Works?

Is it that thing that happened with Sammy's American site or no?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Iggy
6228th Post

"Re(4):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Wed 6 Apr 03:05post reply

What I've hear is that Arc has lost many members of its original crew, and what is left is barely enough to make # Reloads, Isukas, and that's it. A real new GG is unlikely, but not half as much as Sammy vs Capcom. But of course I may be wrong, as ever.
quote:
Is it that thing that happened with Sammy's American site or no?

What is it?

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

exodus
2519th Post

"Re(5):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Wed 6 Apr 03:08:post reply

quote:

What is it?

Sammy Studios got closed down, in the US. it was the development team though, and they were publishing too, so they decided to move that all under the Sega brand. Sammy Studios original properties will now be released under then name High Moon Entertainment.

So yeah, that's that.

As for ARC, they're still supposed to be doing something for Type X. I don't think they'll die, worse comes to worse they'll release some more Wizard's Harmony or something, and recoup some losses with cheap ADV.

[edit]
using my journalism skills - they have 70 employees still, 21 tech types (programming, etc), 46 (!) artists, and 3 business people.

55 male, 15 female. They have at least 6 job openings now.

and holy crap, they made a game for the PICO.

I really liked the art style for prizmaticallization, maybe they'll make a sequel of that?

[this message was edited by exodus on Wed 6 Apr 03:14]

NARUTO
2976th Post

"Re(6):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Wed 6 Apr 18:48post reply

Well I could be wrong but IIRC sammy did announce a new GG sooner this year. So maybe a part of the team is gone, but some other member have been found.

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

KTallguy
595th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Wed 6 Apr 19:42post reply

I don't feel like making a new thread for this, but I've been playing TRF2 a little bit lately. It's actually quite fun, even though I don't really understand the system quite yet.

Are there no throws in TRF? I couldn't figure out how to throw. Also, is the slow motion juggle hit and the clothing falling off the characters new in #2? It's an interesting system, mind you, but it's kind of hard to figure out. I just know you can do quick chain combos and then put a super on the end...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Spoon
869th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(8):Phantom Kingdom, Ys 4, TRF" , posted Thu 7 Apr 10:38:post reply

quote:
I don't feel like making a new thread for this, but I've been playing TRF2 a little bit lately. It's actually quite fun, even though I don't really understand the system quite yet.

quote:

Are there no throws in TRF? I couldn't figure out how to throw. Also, is the slow motion juggle hit and the clothing falling off the characters new in #2? It's an interesting system, mind you, but it's kind of hard to figure out. I just know you can do quick chain combos and then put a super on the end...

TRF1 (Rumble Fish ONE): yes, there are normal throws, and ALL are done with f/b+HP. f/b+HK does NOT do a throw. Throws are super powered in TRF. You can throw people out of things you really don't think you could (like Zen's OA, Viren's OA...), and the damage is big like CvS2.

Clothing ripping etc. is called "Parts Break" in TRF1.

Slow motion juggle hit???
Describe.
Two systems of importance in TRF are Jolt Attack and Advance Attack, done by LP+LK or HP+HK (both when grounded), respectively. Jolt costs a full Offense Gauge, Advance needs just half. Advance Attack is super important; you can cancel from normal chain combos into it, you can punish stuff you normally couldn't, etc. Now, some are a bit different from others (e.g. Zen's is slower and shorter travel), but they are all important.
Jolt Attack SOUNDS like that time slow thing. Jolt Attack is unblockable, and freezes your opponent for some time, during which you are free to hit them. Further, they don't fall down or anything, so you can do stuff that normally wouldn't work.

That "time slow juggle" thing sounds like Jolt Attack... but it also sounds rather like something from Rage of the Dragons...

Oh, other super important thing: pressing Dodge while in the air if you have at least half a Defense gauge allows you to flip out of things you normally can't flip out of, and at heights which you normally can't flip (i.e. much much earlier). You can punish stuff which cleanly hit you with it, or avoid some damage with it.

If I like TRF, it's because it's like SFA3, with some new systems.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Thu 7 Apr 13:43]