Anime Spring season - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4731 Views )

Iggy
6219th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Anime Spring season" , posted Tue 5 Apr 03:53post reply

So, is there anything worthwile this season ?

The only series I want to watch is of course Glass no Kamen, especially now it has been (briefly) announced to be 56 episodes long. Anything else?

18 名前: 名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 投稿日: 05/02/26 00:41:49 ID:LW552sTe
よくわからんけど何で白目になってんの?

21 名前: 名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 投稿日: 05/02/26 01:50:48 ID:Nt9zoHwN
>>18
恐ろしい事が起こったからです。

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Replies:

Rid
6540th Post

"Rid's Maid Fetish" , posted Tue 5 Apr 04:03:post reply

http://www.gosyujinsama.com/

A very fun manga now becomes a Gainax (no less) anime. I hope they keep the silly jokes from the original and don't add too much angst.

http://www.emma-victorian.com/

A very cute manga, with naive romance fun. Again, I hope the anime does a good rendition of the stories on the manga.

[this message was edited by Rid on Tue 5 Apr 04:51]

tenguman
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Anime Spring season" , posted Tue 5 Apr 04:11post reply

quote:
So, is there anything worthwile this season ?

The only series I want to watch is of course Glass no Kamen, especially now it has been (briefly) announced to be 56 episodes long. Anything else?

18 名前: 名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 投稿日: 05/02/26 00:41:49 ID:LW552sTe
よくわからんけど何で白目になってんの?

21 名前: 名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 投稿日: 05/02/26 01:50:48 ID:Nt9zoHwN
>>18
恐ろしい事が起こったからです。

I'd really like to watch Anzai Nobuyuki's MÄR and Basilisk Koga Ninpouchou.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

exodus
2516th Post

"Re(2):Anime Spring season" , posted Tue 5 Apr 08:01post reply

hahaha...I won't watch any anime that includes the word 'goshujinsama' more than once per episode anymore. This one has it in the title. lordy.

Almost as creepy as my friend who bought two Pia Carrot waitress outfits, and is concerned because 'if he ever gets a girlfriend', the sizes are slightly different in the shoulders and bust, and she wouldn't be able to fit into both.

Ah, my friends are great.

kurushimi
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Anime Spring season" , posted Tue 5 Apr 08:14post reply

quote:
hahaha...I won't watch any anime that includes the word 'goshujinsama' more than once per episode anymore. This one has it in the title. lordy.

Almost as creepy as my friend who bought two Pia Carrot waitress outfits, and is concerned because 'if he ever gets a girlfriend', the sizes are slightly different in the shoulders and bust, and she wouldn't be able to fit into both.

Ah, my friends are great.

.......so is he selling the second one then?

*ahem* Back on topic, based on the manga material, seems right up Gainax's alley. Though having rewatched Gunbuster, I missed the days when Gainax was known for more than super-fluid animation and fanservice. Mmmm, maybe I shouldn't use the words "fluid" and "fanservice" in the same sentence...

Rid
6541th Post

"Re(4):Anime Spring season" , posted Tue 5 Apr 08:45post reply

http://cerealandmilk.net/iichan/img/res/83.html priceless

Holiday
2491th Post

"Re(5):Anime Spring season" , posted Tue 5 Apr 15:56post reply

If I could only choose one anime to watch this season, it would be Futakoi Alternative
The piano / violin piece that plays during the trailer is so nice

Yes, Glass Mask and the two maid anime are on my list too. Watched Emma already and it's pretty good!
And watch Fushigiboshi no Futago Hime if you want to experience your body melting with sugar.

Aa! Gomenasai!

Pollyanna
975th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):Anime Spring season" , posted Tue 5 Apr 16:57post reply

Another bad season for me, I guess. I tried reading "Goshujinsama", but it just seemed tired and pointless to me. I got pulled in by the cute art, but it doesn't have anything unique, interesting or meaningful to offer. Sure, it has cute and funny "charm"...and sure, it has boobs, but so does EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD.

That being said, I didn't think it was bad, I just thought it was uninteresting. Maybe the anime will improve on it.

exodus
2517th Post

"Re(7):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 01:45post reply

quote:

That being said, I didn't think it was bad, I just thought it was uninteresting. Maybe the anime will improve on it.

I doubt it. There's only so much you can do with the 'cute girls that would do anything for befuddled nerdy guy that never capitalizes on it' formula.

Rid
6544th Post

"Re(8):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 02:11post reply

quote:
I doubt it. There's only so much you can do with the 'cute girls that would do anything for befuddled nerdy guy that never capitalizes on it' formula.
This manga is more like "cute girls and their alligator mascot beat up the perverted guy that tries to get hentai photos of them and strange contests are held"

Unrelated: http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/20050406-1112713427153.jpg

Gojira
1670th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 02:46post reply

I found this link somewhere. In case somebody out there like me isn't hyper enough to know everything that's coming this month.

Off with your nose

Pollyanna
978th Post

"Re(9):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 03:51post reply

quote:
This manga is more like "cute girls and their alligator mascot beat up the perverted guy that tries to get hentai photos of them and strange contests are held"

In this day and age, even that sounds tired and uninteresting.

Rid
6545th Post

"Re(10):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 04:11post reply

Brave King GaoGaiGar Final Grand Glorious Gathering is the most awesome anime name ever.

Maou
540th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 08:07:post reply

quote:
cute girls and their alligator mascot

This has potential.

quote:

Unrelated: http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/20050406-1112713427153.jpg

Eeek!

edit: ooo, judging from its site, this kind of ludicrous violence takes place all the time, even if she can make things go back to normal! This -could- be a delightfully twisted sendup of this genre, here's hoping!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 6 Apr 08:21]

Final Showdown
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 10:02post reply

Ichigo 100% anime started today? I think, cant be sure though. However it looks horrendous. ._. But maybe they will hire some new artists etc shrug.

Sano
1669th Post

"Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 10:28post reply

Slightly OT. Did anyone watch the Xenosaga Anime that came out in the Winter? How was it? And how was Peach Girl that came out around the same time if you saw it?

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

kurushimi
42th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 11:33post reply

quote:
Brave King GaoGaiGar Final Grand Glorious Gathering is the most awesome anime name ever.

You have GOT to be kidding me. I hope Goddannar will follow this tradition!

Spring season doesn't seem to have much to interest me either, with the exception of Tsubasa Chronicle - but then again, it's Clamp, so the mainstream fans will be all over this one. I just wonder if anyone who hasn't read Clamp's previous works before will enjoy it, since half the fun in the series is seeing who makes a cameo.

Grahf
369th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 12:18post reply

quote:
Slightly OT. Did anyone watch the Xenosaga Anime that came out in the Winter?
I only saw the first episode. I'm not a huge fan of the animation style and quality, and the story and scenes are STRAIGHT out of the game. I'd only recommend it if you want a refresher in the storyline before playing Xenosaga 2 or something.

Spoon
866th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 12:50post reply

quote:

Mermaid Melody, while clever in adding more and more words beginning with the letter "p", loses out because they resorted to just making the name longer by adding more pichis to it.

Spoon
868th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Anime Spring season" , posted Wed 6 Apr 12:50:post reply

EDIT: double post wth?

[this message was edited by Spoon on Wed 6 Apr 12:50]

Sano
1670th Post

"Re(2):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 13:49post reply

quote:
I only saw the first episode. I'm not a huge fan of the animation style and quality, and the story and scenes are STRAIGHT out of the game. I'd only recommend it if you want a refresher in the storyline before playing Xenosaga 2 or something.

Oh, I'm not into playing RPGs much so I'd watch Xenosaga instead of playing the game letting me learn more about another Namco franchise and getting me ready for Namco x Capcom. Heh heh heh. Anyway, thanks!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Holiday
2492th Post

"Re(1):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 16:30post reply

quote:
Slightly OT. Did anyone watch the Xenosaga Anime that came out in the Winter? How was it? And how was Peach Girl that came out around the same time if you saw it?

Didn't like Xenosaga due to the uninteresting story and not so good art. Not sure if it's gotten better now.

Peach Girl is average, but has its entertaining moments. Probably going to drop in because of all the new series starting.
Oh, and Touji's an idiot.

So far:

Ichigo 100%
Was average I guess? Maybe never reading the manga helps. Don't think too much of it yet.

Erementar Gerad
Seems interesting so far, and lots of cute girls to look at. There's going to be some PS2 game based on this series as well right?

Sousei no Aquarion
Crazier than Godannar! Will most probably follow.

Can't seem to get hold of any Glass no Kamen raws. Iggy, you watched this yet?

Iggy
6232th Post

"Re(2):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 17:49:post reply

All I've seen so far is uninteresting series for 10 years old brats from shogakkan and so on. Meh.
quote:
Can't seem to get hold of any Glass no Kamen raws. Iggy, you watched this yet?

It was shown a few hours ago, wait & see.
There were a few changes, but Maya was called 恐ろしい子 several times during the first episode. Good, good. A little deception for Ayumi, but nothing terrible.

チケットヨコセー
 ○ 券     ●/ 三
 ( ̄       v )   三
  |        <\
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
人人人人人人人人人人
人人人人人人人人人人

キャー
 ○  ノノノ   <●>
 ( ̄        |
  |        <>
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
人人人人ポチャン人人人人
人人人人 .人人人人人
       。
       。
      券

○
 (
  |
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
人人人人人 トッタドー 券 人
人人人人人人 \●ノ人人

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 6 Apr 17:51]

Holiday
2494th Post

"Re(3):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 18:26:post reply

quote:

It was shown a few hours ago, wait & see.
There were a few changes, but Maya was called 恐ろしい子 several times during the first episode. Good, good. A little deception for Ayumi, but nothing terrible.

Calling Maya 恐ろしい子 is like saying magma is warm.
Misread the tv schedule, and thought that it aired yesterday
orz

/   〈   {   { {  i'ヽ/`i/ /  / }  {  _、
     ヽ  `ーj } } {   { /  ノ /  `ー' i   エ凡
  ノ  ノ`ー-‐'ノ ノ ノノ   !_l i { {   _,./   ハ_ヽヽ 
 `ー-‐' \__,/ノノ‐-' ,,.-‐''`‐-`!`ー`-- 'ヽ   
    i/ / / ((_j }  / ,.-‐‐‐‐,'/i i | } ヽヽ    |
     {  { ゝ、_,.ノ  l|| `‐--‐'、i/ ノ ノ ノ ノ ノ  `ー '
    `ヽ`ニ-‐ノ   l|    il|||jノノ ノ- ' /   l
   ノ  `---'"   ili;    ||ヽ__,./`ー-'{     レ  ヽ
、__/ ノ ノ ノ }  ,.   '" ヽ /||ヽ__,./i / ヽ_,.i   フ
ヽ__/_/ .ノ-'   { { ̄ ̄} } / /ヽ__,./ヽ{ i  ノ  ‐┼‐
`、_/_/ノ-'ヽ.    '、___,ノ  /| ヽ ヽ  } ヽ"    '  
  `ー-‐'‐-‐' ヽ    --  / l  }  }  }  |    | |
   `‐-----‐' `ヽ ___ /   l / /  /  /    ・ ・

For the curious, there are some Glass Mask screencaps and a discussion thread at 2chan here:
The op looks so creepy

[this message was edited by Holiday on Wed 6 Apr 18:38]

Iggy
6233th Post

"Re(4):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 19:00:post reply

Oh, yeah, as they say, they changed the kichigai to どうかしてるわ. Too bad, I guess some words can't be said on TV anymore.

(click!)

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 6 Apr 19:03]

DarkZero
1192th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Wed 6 Apr 20:50post reply

Trinity Blood seems vaguely interesting, but it's kind of hard to tell because a summary of any vampire story usually sounds exactly the same as any other vampire story. Their quality is based almost entirely on execution.

I'll probably watch five or six episodes, like it intensely, and then find out that its fansub group has either quietly dropped it or is still claiming to be "working on it" six months after their last release. Instead, they will have moved on to more interesting, inspired works of fansubbing, like trying to beat the other sixteen Naruto fansub groups to see who can speedsub the fastest, and then subsequently release the fastest v2 and v3 corrections so that you can actually read the goddamn thing. Later on, they'll pick another quality anime at random and start subbing it, but they'll start from episode 1 when another high quality group is already on episode 28. After finding out that the original group has become bored with it and wants to move on to something else, they'll decide that they'd like to do the same, because having only one group subbing a semi-popular anime with a large cult following is just, y'know... lonely.

I hate to bitch about things that are free, but doesn't everyone else remember the days when fansubbing was about fansubbing anime, instead of slowly climbing up the social ladder of an insane fandom obsessed with doing a pathetic job in the most stylish way possible? Apparently something was terribly, terribly wrong with those days, but I'm just not cool enough to know what it was. Maybe when I have a higher "rep" in the "community", I'll understand.

Sano
1673th Post

"Re(2):Xenosaga and Peach Girl" , posted Thu 7 Apr 01:18post reply

quote:

Peach Girl is average, but has its entertaining moments. Probably going to drop in because of all the new series starting.
Oh, and Touji's an idiot.

Well, from the Manga I find Peach Girl being the biggest idiot with Touji being number 2. I hope they never hook up because they will have stupid children...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Holiday
2495th Post

"Futakoi Alternative" , posted Thu 7 Apr 03:39:post reply

Futakoi Alternative = GOD anime
Great opening, animation and story, and white pantsu.
And of course, being UFOTable,
お決まりの粘土EDキター
Some screencaps at 2chan
So many raws of this floating around. I think I saw 10 versions at least.

And I must be dreaming, because the latest Negima episode screencaps look... really good.
Gankutsuou!

[this message was edited by Holiday on Thu 7 Apr 03:46]