Splinter Cell Chaos Theory thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2885 Views )

Phoenix
781th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Splinter Cell Chaos Theory thread" , posted Mon 4 Apr 18:04:post reply

I tried the co-op mode with a friend on Saturday. Initially the game was sort of frustrating as I tried to learn the deep mechanics of the game. (this being my first Splinter Cell) This game is stealth in the truest sense of the word. I had recently beaten Ninja Gaiden but now I realize that Ryu may as well have been carrying a siren. I even felt that Snake could take some pointers. All the equipments and co-op actions possible were actually useful in the game.

And the game definitely has its moments. I actually found myself whispering plans to my friend as we sneak attacked and did simultaneous shootings. I've only finished one co-op level so far, but it was one of the most memorable gaming experiences to date for me. Needless to say, plz make sure to use spoiler tags when necessary.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Mon 4 Apr 18:20]

Replies:

Burning Ranger
1149th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Splinter Cell Chaos Theory thread" , posted Mon 4 Apr 21:18post reply

I personally like the Splinter Cell series, but it is a totally different game than Metal Gear because of atmosphere. The scenarios are more "real-world." Hell, the game itself is more reality-based (a lot of stuff seems to be the stuff of 24).

Plus, there were never any boss battles in Splinter Cell (Chaos Theory might be different, but I don't see how).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Digitalboy
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Splinter Cell Chaos Theory thread" , posted Mon 4 Apr 23:34post reply

quote:
I personally like the Splinter Cell series, but it is a totally different game than Metal Gear because of atmosphere. The scenarios are more "real-world." Hell, the game itself is more reality-based (a lot of stuff seems to be the stuff of 24).

Plus, there were never any boss battles in Splinter Cell (Chaos Theory might be different, but I don't see how).

I have heard great things about Splinter Cell games, however, some people warned me that there is too much back tracking in the first one and second one that I may not like it.

Back tracking = mortal enemy.