Edited Manga: I创s and many more new edits... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3228 Views )

beto
839th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Edited Manga: I创s and many more new edits..." , posted Sat 2 Apr 10:15post reply

Just saw this at 4chan:

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mangaforum&Number=933225&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

After the Tenjho Tenge fiasco, I创s, Descendants of Darkness and By the Sword have also been confirmed as edited.

Eyeshield, Ultimate Muscle and many others are known as edited or re-written for a while now (Hikaru no Go, Naruto, YuuYuu Hakusho, Ikkitousen, Battle Royale... pick up a title and it磗 most likely edited or re-written), so it seems things will never improve in the US...

I磛e stopped buying american versions when i saw Hikaru no Go磗 edits, but i was actually considering getting Tenjho Tenge in english. I figured DC would print the series in better paper than the japanese tankos... Never considered they would actually edit it.

Replies:

DarkZero
1184th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Edited Manga: I创s and many more new ed" , posted Sat 2 Apr 23:08post reply

quote:

I磛e stopped buying american versions when i saw Hikaru no Go磗 edits, but i was actually considering getting Tenjho Tenge in english. I figured DC would print the series in better paper than the japanese tankos... Never considered they would actually edit it.

I didn't know that Hikaru no Go was edited (mostly because I haven't been reading it in Shonen Jump), but I have to say that Shonen Jump in the US is just plain weird. Kids that look like they can't be more than thirteen years old in Naruto are bleeding and dying constantly, but a kid smoking in Hikaru no Go? UNFORGIVABLE!!!

Undead Fred
2268th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Edited Manga: I创s and many more new ed" , posted Sun 3 Apr 07:08post reply

quote:

I didn't know that Hikaru no Go was edited (mostly because I haven't been reading it in Shonen Jump), but I have to say that Shonen Jump in the US is just plain weird. Kids that look like they can't be more than thirteen years old in Naruto are bleeding and dying constantly, but a kid smoking in Hikaru no Go? UNFORGIVABLE!!!

Is it just DC and TokyoPop editing these manga, or is DarkHorse releasing any of them? I was under the impression that DarkHorse wouldn't do a bunch of weak-kneed gimpy edits (I was under the impression that certain cases were edited by the artist themselves, like Kusanagi's girl-on-girl sex EXTRAVAGANZA in GitS). But anyway, I'm really get tired of hearing about censoring and not allowing "true" versions to be seen.

Grave
894th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Edited Manga: I创s and many more new ed" , posted Sun 3 Apr 08:34post reply

quote:

I磛e stopped buying american versions when i saw Hikaru no Go磗 edits

Wait, who smoked? What was edited? They seem plenty okay with adults smoking...

I mean, I didn't notice anything weird. I've been enjoying the US run of HnG, but I'm curious as to what changed.

DarkZero
1188th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Edited Manga: I创s and many more new ed" , posted Mon 4 Apr 09:27post reply

quote:

I磛e stopped buying american versions when i saw Hikaru no Go磗 edits

Wait, who smoked? What was edited? They seem plenty okay with adults smoking...

I mean, I didn't notice anything weird. I've been enjoying the US run of HnG, but I'm curious as to what changed.

Kaga smokes a cigarette at the school festival and puts it out on a Go board as a sign of disrespect. I believe that both in the graphic novels and the Shonen Jump run, the cigarette was changed to a piece of gum because Kaga isn't old enough to smoke.