New Customer

"Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Fri 1 Apr 09:43post reply

post here if you guys buy it.

Replies:

Rid
6526th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Fri 1 Apr 09:45:post reply

quote:

New clothes for Irvin?

Also, I heard that an old 3D shooter plays during its loading, anybody can confirm wich one is it? Solvalou? Xevious 3D+G? Don't know if that's on the US version.

[this message was edited by Rid on Fri 1 Apr 09:45]

exodus
2504th Post

"Re(2):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Fri 1 Apr 09:52post reply

starblade, and yes it does.

Saiki
160th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Fri 1 Apr 11:58post reply

quote:

It's got the ghost data from ppl around the world. Kinda like how it was in VF4Evo
And some new costumes for certain characters.
that's all i've seen so far

NARUTO
2971th Post

"Re(2):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Fri 1 Apr 19:33post reply

quote:
It's got the ghost data from ppl around the world. Kinda like how it was in VF4Evo

are you talking about the US home port extra costumes like Raven's blue suit, or some new stuff?

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

burning kyo
2273th Post

"Re(1):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Fri 1 Apr 19:39:post reply

It seems that nothing really change or have been add compare to the US version, unless there's true ghost data now.

Oh, I've forgot : they've wiped out a bug in the practice mode also.

[welcome to the devil's nest]

[this message was edited by burning kyo on Fri 1 Apr 20:05]

Rid
6526th Post

"Re(3):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Fri 1 Apr 20:00post reply

quote:
starblade, and yes it does.

Thanks! I was hoping for Solvalou T_T

Toxico
4055th Post

"Re(2):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 05:14post reply

quote:
It seems that nothing really change or have been add compare to the US version, unless there's true ghost data now.

It is, that's why the game was delayed, they 'held' the game so the players could have time to upload their card info.

See??? He is a God...

Pollyanna
969th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 05:31post reply

Hmmm...I'm very tempted to get the Japanese one. The AI in the US one was the only thing I didn't like about it. Well...and it's Tekken, but I can kinda get over that.

Mosquiton
1570th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 07:29post reply

quote:

It is, that's why the game was delayed, they 'held' the game so the players could have time to upload their card info.

Oh christ, what a royal screw for the US.

Well, their training mode is shit too... so it's not like I would have time to learn to play well enough to really enjoy the AI.

/ / /

burning kyo
2273th Post

"Re(4):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 07:34post reply

quote:
Well, their training mode is shit too... so it's not like I would have time to learn to play well enough to really enjoy the AI.

Have you already tried the training mode of T5 before saying that ?

Mosquiton
1573th Post

"Re(5):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 07:42:post reply

quote:

Have you already tried the training mode of T5 before saying that ?

Maybe I was too hasty there. I'm judging from the North American version's training (edit: PRACTICE) mode which is just a raw moves list.

I guess it's possible that they could have improved that in the JP version. I'd be curious to know.

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Sat 2 Apr 08:03]

burning kyo
2274th Post

"Re(6):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 08:02post reply

quote:
Maybe I was too hasty there. I'm judging from the North American version's training mode which is just a raw moves list.

I guess it's possible that they could have improved that in the JP version. I'd be curious to know.

It hasn't changed, but i don't understand why you said the training mode is shitty.
There's not only a movelist. (^_^')
On the pause screen in the training mode, highlight "game mode" then try to turn left or right.

Mosquiton
1573th Post

"Re(7):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 08:06post reply

quote:
Maybe I was too hasty there. I'm judging from the North American version's training mode which is just a raw moves list.

It hasn't changed, but i don't understand why you said the training mode is shitty.
There's not only a movelist. (^_^')
On the pause screen in the training mode, highlight "game mode" then try to turn left or right.

I realize you can fight AI and practice blocking routines, but it doesn't really teach you anything... like how to throw escape, recover before hitting the ground, anything technical at all...

I'm comparing it to Virtua Fighter 4. Since they're both on #4, I think the comparison is fair.

/ / /

burning kyo
2276th Post

"Re(8):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 08:10:post reply

quote:
I realize you can fight AI and practice blocking routines, but it doesn't really teach you anything... like how to throw escape, recover before hitting the ground, anything technical at all...

I'm comparing it to Virtua Fighter 4. Since they're both on #4, I think the comparison is fair.

It's true, but compare to the VF4 one, almost every training mode of the other fighting games sucks. XD
There's still tekkenzaibatsu.com for learning the basics.

[this message was edited by burning kyo on Sat 2 Apr 08:11]

Saiki
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 09:33post reply

quote:

are you talking about the US home port extra costumes like Raven's blue suit, or some new stuff?

Some new stuff.

legalstep
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 11:06post reply

So Namco screwed America again?

Iggy
6210th Post

"Re(4):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sat 2 Apr 18:17post reply

quote:

No, because America had it one month before Japan.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

NARUTO
2973th Post

"Re(4):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sun 3 Apr 19:15post reply

quote:

Some new stuff.

If I may ask, which characters have those, and what are they?

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Rid
6534th Post

"Re(4):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Sun 3 Apr 23:34post reply

quote:

No, it's Namco of America screwing the games. Worst localizations ever.

Gojira
1669th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Mon 4 Apr 01:33post reply

quote:
No, it's Namco of America screwing the games. Worst localizations ever.

It's nothing to get excited over.

Off with your nose

legalstep
70th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Tekken 5 Jap Version .What the changes" , posted Wed 6 Apr 10:13post reply

Sometimes it feels like they hate us...with this and Mr. Driller DS.

Maybe that's their way of showing their love.