New CGI TMNT movie in the works - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3901 Views )

GekigangerV
1071th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Thu 31 Mar 10:24post reply

Link here

Good news for me since I am a TMNT fan, but I would have liked to see another live action movie. The first two movies were great(minus Vanilla Ice).

Replies:

celebrityfest
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Thu 31 Mar 10:36post reply

I may be the one i seen off the ninja turtles site. It was about 7 minutes long.

They finally finishing it up cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/celebrityfest/stand1.bmp [Image Attached]

OmegaDog
1482th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Thu 31 Mar 11:07post reply

Wait, so was John Woo ever involved in any plans upcoming TMNT flick?

"IT'S PAYBACK TIME..." "LOCKED AND LOADED!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

Dr Baghead
3408th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Fri 1 Apr 04:24post reply

quote:
I may be the one i seen off the ninja turtles site. It was about 7 minutes long.

They finally finishing it up cool.

the 7 minute video was to pitch a 3D TMNT cartoon to the networks, which ended up being ignored in favore of the current 2D series, it was not a trailer for a movie, everyone thinks it is because John Woo owns some part of the company that produced it (or it's an off shoot of a company he owns or something, I forgot the details) when really he said he'd like to direct a TMNT movie if the show took off, it obviously didn't.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Sano
1656th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Fri 1 Apr 04:34:post reply

I can't see them out doing the first movie.

I just know my sweet sweet Renet won't show up again. The third movie was based on a story with Renet when they traveled to Ancient Japan, even used her time travaling device and no Renet.

No Renet in the new cartoon either. They time traveled to Ancient Japan with an advanced machine that made them seem like they were in the past but they weren't.

I suppose Renet won't show up in this new flick either. Oh well. I hope they roll out Usagi Yojimbo or something different.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 1 Apr 04:38]

Ishmael
1918th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Fri 1 Apr 05:59post reply

quote:

No Renet in the new cartoon either. They time traveled to Ancient Japan with an advanced machine that made them seem like they were in the past but they weren't.

I didn't see the full episode, but is this the character you referring to?

Sano
1657th Post

"Re(5):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Fri 1 Apr 06:36post reply

Oh, so Renet did make it into the new cartoon! Thanks! Damn Sano loosing the ability to wake up early on Saturday Morning...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

GekigangerV
1072th Post

"Re(6):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Fri 1 Apr 10:29post reply

quote:
Oh, so Renet did make it into the new cartoon! Thanks! Damn Sano loosing the ability to wake up early on Saturday Morning...

She was on several weeks ago. Although I didn't like that particular episode, lately, there have been a series of episodes that revolve around the time septer and the turtles being sent to different times and places.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Mikey was sent to a world where the turtles were superheros and I think Splinter was their supervillan enemy(I didn't catch the whole episode) Raph was sent to some space biking world(I really didn't bother to watch) Donny was sent into the future where the Shredder controlled everything and Leo was sent to Usagi Yojimbo's world. Donny and Leo's eps were great.

End of Spoiler

I LOVE the new cartoon(except for the intro song)

Sano
1660th Post

"Re(7):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Sat 2 Apr 02:44post reply

I love the new cartoon, even the song. It's just tough for me to wake up Saturday Mornings. In the Summer it's a lot easier, I'll look out for reruns. I saw every episode up to when they revealed Shredder's true identity and then I fell off catching an episode here and there. I think they've done a much better job of interpreting the comic than the other series. April was hotter in the other show though.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Baines
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Sat 2 Apr 11:15post reply

quote:
I think they've done a much better job of interpreting the comic than the other series.

I only watched the first season, but it looked like they had actually read the original comic, unlike the Archie version.

Though it is almost surreal hearing people who only knew the Archie version complaining about all the liberties the new series is taking, when most are things that are actually being restored to the original comic.

Undead Fred
2267th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(9):New CGI TMNT movie in the works" , posted Sun 3 Apr 06:48:post reply

quote:
I only watched the first season, but it looked like they had actually read the original comic, unlike the Archie version.

Though it is almost surreal hearing people who only knew the Archie version complaining about all the liberties the new series is taking, when most are things that are actually being restored to the original comic.

Well, they're probably so used to this that they didn't know any better.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Sun 3 Apr 06:50]

Sano
1665th Post

"Cartoon Renet question." , posted Sun 3 Apr 10:54:post reply

Say, did Renet look as good in the cartoon as when Michael Dooney drew her in TMNT issue 46 back in 1993?

Link

I'm pretty sure the answer is no but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 3 Apr 10:55]

GekigangerV
1073th Post

"Re(1):Cartoon Renet question." , posted Sun 3 Apr 12:20post reply

quote:
Say, did Renet look as good in the cartoon as when Michael Dooney drew her in TMNT issue 46 back in 1993?

Link

I am pretty sure she wasn't that hot. I believe she even had black hair in the new cartoon.

BTW, are there TPB of the old comics? I want to get my hands on some of those.

The Big Bad
96th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Cartoon Renet question." , posted Sun 3 Apr 12:24:post reply

quote:

Link

Nope. She has smaller breasts in the cartoon, and wears the headress she wore when she debuted on the comics--no hair.

So...anybody watch today's episode? Another villain bites the dust, which is apparently now par for the course for the series.

[this message was edited by The Big Bad on Sun 3 Apr 12:31]

GekigangerV
1075th Post

"Re(2):Cartoon Renet question." , posted Sun 3 Apr 12:46post reply

quote:

Link

Nope. She has smaller breasts in the cartoon, and wears the headress she wore when she debuted on the comics--no hair.

So...anybody watch today's episode? Another villain bites the dust, which is apparently now par for the course for the series.

Oh yeah, that's right. She had the headress and cape.

Did Splinter have a different world/time story of his own?

Baines
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Cartoon Renet question." , posted Sun 3 Apr 14:48post reply

quote:
BTW, are there TPB of the old comics? I want to get my hands on some of those.

I've no idea what is available these days, but I've got four trades done by First in the late 80s. Runs through the Return of Shredder arc, so together they only cover something like the first 21-22 issues? *shrug* Done in color, even though the original comic was black and white.

You can probably find individual issues fairly cheap in back issue boxes of comic shops, since there is no longer any sort of drive to own them. (Even the first issues eventually had multiple new printings.) I've no idea how many times the series has been restarted though.

Sano
1665th Post

"Re(3):Cartoon Renet question." , posted Sun 3 Apr 16:35post reply

Okay thanks for answering my question guys!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!