The Rumble Fish for PS2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3997 Views )

CHAZumaru
84th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 03:45post reply

My copy of 振動魚 for PS2 arrives in about a month. Please feed me with news and info Is the PS2 port deemed good ? Back at the last TGS, it wasn't impressive at all. Also, is it close to the arcade version ? I barely played a few fights. What are the known tactics, tiers, valuable strategies for characters, etc. ? I am especially interested into knowing more about Orville, the turtle old guy and the two Geese-like sisters (whichever is the most defensive gets my choice). I saw the gamefaqs FAQ, but I do not easily trust those. Links toward other valuable topics discussing The Rumble Fish are welcomed, though.

Thanks.

Replies:

Iggy
6191th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 04:44:post reply

I've heard the birds of the Jardin des Plantes saying your copy should arrive around the 22nd or something. Also, the great white prunus is blossoming, and I go to visit him every morning with a different waka to chant his beauty.

関連スレ

初心者質問スレ

Home version problems : nothing terrible. They seem to have made a lot of improvements over the TGS version.

Sheril is a default character.
Hidden stuff in the template of the 関連スレ.

攻略掲

攻略&movies

オービル萌えスレ

Beside the moe thread, I haven't read anything, I'll wait to have the game to understand something.
I just put these links to find them more easily when I'll need them. I think I'll go with Orville and Boid, but they are the weakest characters of the game... I'll wait to see if anyone else appeals to me.

Sheril seems to be a very technical character and the reason she has been added to the home port is to push people to train with her then use her in TRF2 in arcade, thus pushing both products (ウマ!)

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 31 Mar 05:16]

Valen
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 05:18post reply

quote:
Links toward other valuable topics discussing The Rumble Fish are welcomed, though.

Thanks.

The Official SRK TRF strategy thread -> http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85461&page=1&pp=15

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice...

Pollyanna
962th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 05:36post reply

I have slight controller issues. Not like when SNK has bad controller issues, but when they "don't feel right". I can't do 180's properly, so that includes HCB, QCF type moves. I don't think it's me, since I have no problem doing these sorts of things on other games....excluding a few KOF ports where lots of people complain about controller issues.

CHAZumaru
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 06:37post reply

Thanks everyone.

Boyd and Hikari still look like my guys right now. I played Boyd when trying the game at the arcades. He looked efficient yet not *too* efficient, the whole "sun mark" thing was quite entertaining and I dig the character. As for Hikari, well, she seems to be the closest thing to a Geese in the game.

What about the settei ? Anything interesting ?

Hell, that might be Sega's best game of the year.

exodus
2497th Post

"Re(4):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 07:05post reply

quote:

Hell, that might be Sega's best game of the year.

well, being made by dimps, does it count?

Spoon
848th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Shadow Hearts From the New World" , posted Thu 31 Mar 09:59post reply

quote:
Stuff

;

Make sure you watch the vids at game carol.
They are very enlightening, and will either inspire your interest in the game, or will make you think, "this game is stupid."

General tactics:
dash in, d+LK, chain into whatever weak attack has enough reach...
This is more or less the fundamental ground thing of the game. It applies to everybody (except Orville? I don't know). If you see the d+LK initial chain hit, follow with the rest of your chain xx special/super/advance attack. If you see it blocked, mix the chain up and do a special if it's safe on block.
Mixing is necessary on block because you don't want to get Impact Break'd.

Advance Attack is your friend. Use it to counter stuff that you normally couldn't punish on block. Easy easy basic combo for everyone (except Orville and Sheryl) looks like this:
d+LK, LK/LP/d+LK/d+LP, SP/d+SP, HK xx Advance Attack, LK, HP, HK xx special.
You can get more hits with the chain off Advance Attack, but if you just do LKHPHK, it's sure to hit and is easy to do.

Handy dandy:
Use the Quick Recovery. You can punish stuff that hit you clean (e.g. Garnet's HK DP) with a Quick Recovery.

Rolling sucks:
dodge is useful, but it's not nearly as easy to use as a KOF/CvS2 roll; the invulnerability period is very, very short. In fact, you will be tempted to use it against, say, Garnet's QCB+K Yamazaki-alikes... and you'll find that you'll keep getting hit.

Thoughtless combos:
The Viren variation
d+LK, d+LK, d+SP, d+HK xx QCF+P, HK.
I don't think anybody else in the game wants to end the chain with d+HK, because they have chains or non-OTG specials that do better damage. But Viren doesn't have a good special that combos in that way, so he has to settle for an OTG hit his run -> overhead.

standard Aran
d+LK, d+LK, SP, HK xx QCB+LP, QCB+LP, LP.
same principle.

d+LK, d+LK, SP, HK xx HP+HK, LP, HP, HK xx QCB+LP, QCB+LP, LP.
wow, that was hard.

d+LK, d+LK, SP, HK xx QCB+LP, QCB+LP xx QCFx2+P.
replace Advance Attack with a Super. wow.

Hikari
DA, jump, OA
looks badass.

CHAZumaru
86th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 10:07post reply

quote:

well, being made by dimps, does it count?

Everyone needs a little help.

Iggy
6192th Post

"Re(4):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 17:05post reply

Yup, Orvisama doesn't have any rush combo, amongst other problems. He's like a new character in TRF2 apparently.
quote:
What about the settei ? Anything interesting ?

Not really settei, but it's the only thing I know : Viren is called Ueno by everyone, because of this.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Spoon
850th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):The Rumble Fish for PS2" , posted Thu 31 Mar 17:07post reply

quote:
Viren is called Ueno by everyone, because of this.

Genuinely funny.