PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3611 Views )

shin ramberk
91th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm........." , posted Wed 30 Mar 17:04post reply

1up has an interesting article on reading manga on the PSP. I wondering what you guys think about this.

For me, this has seriously grabbed my attention. The only function that interested me on the PSP was watching video on it. But i don't watch much tv or movies (not that you could fit a lot on the memory sticks anyway). But reading manga and scanlated manga at that on PSP. Hrm....interesting. Especially since you could probably fit a ton of manga on a memory stick.

I know most of you guys are just in it for the games. And its just plain nicer to read from a real book. But this, this is kind of a neat idea.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Replies:

exodus
2492th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 02:17post reply

well the thing is, you can already do this on tons of devices, like GP32, GBA (with flash cart), PDAs - hell, you could even do it on a digital camera's display if you wanted.

It's a neat thing, but you certainly don't need a PSP to do it.

Sano
1649th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 03:59post reply

It's neat but not really interested in this. I'd rather download music and movies. Maybe when the Ryu Final scanlation begins? We'll see.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

exodus
2496th Post

"Re(3):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 04:03post reply

quote:
It's neat but not really interested in this.

futanari H on the train=great opportunity to make everyone uncomfortable.

shin ramberk
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 04:55post reply

Hey Exodus or anyone else that may have a good suggestion, but after reading your post I have seriously thought about getting a portable device that could act as a digital manga reader. Does anyone have any good suggestions for something like this?

The PSP might work in this regard but what I hold against it is its price, form factor and screen size. Are there better alternatives out there?

Post up and let me know.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Rid
6519th Post

"Re(1):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 05:12post reply

Puchimon and Ichigo Mashimaro on the train: heaven.

crazymike
1087th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 05:51post reply

I'd rather have a GP32 with its open source capabilities.

OmegaDog
1482th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 07:07:post reply

For viewing images on the go, there are PDAs out there right now with a 480x640 (or 640x480) screen (depends on how you hold it). They might be much more expensive than the PSP, though. (I've got a 240x320 screen on my PDA -- and it's kind of a pain to view large images on it. There's either a lot of scrolling, or there's a lot of lost definition when I zoom out.

quote:
I'd rather have a GP32 with its open source capabilities.

If it is in fact possible to load programs off the Memory Stick, I'd say there's a good chance the PSP will eventually get its own open-source development platform -- something like KallistiOS.

"IT'S PAYBACK TIME..." "LOCKED AND LOADED!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Thu 31 Mar 07:11]

exodus
2498th Post

"Re(3):PSP and Manga + Scanlations? hrm......." , posted Thu 31 Mar 07:07post reply

hmm, hard to say. GP32 is good for the open-sourceness - it guarantees you won't have to pay for the image viewer. But a large PDA like the zodiac would give you more viewing room, and be easier to hold. GP23 is much cheaper though.

heh...tough call, I can't really advise. I'd say look into both and see what makes you feel best?