New Fantastic Four trailer - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3803 Views )

Burning Ranger
1136th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 08:12post reply

A newer (and better) Fantastic Four movie trailer has been released. Watch it here:

http://www.fantasticfourmovie.com/us/flash/vondoom/archives/video.html

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Replies:

threesixtee
853th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 08:21post reply

quote:
A newer (and better) Fantastic Four movie trailer has been released. Watch it here:

http://www.fantasticfourmovie.com/us/flash/vondoom/archives/video.html

sweet. wasn't it originally scheduled for july 4th? anyway, looks really good... I'm hoping for the best.

beto
838th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 09:09post reply

quote:
A newer (and better) Fantastic Four movie trailer has been released.

Much better. Now it only looks really fucking awful.

exodus
2487th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 09:13post reply

quote:

hehehe. good work.

my ex helped make the model for The Thing. It looks kinda crappy to me :\

Sano
1644th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 12:04post reply

I'm not feeling Doom looking all pretty or his voice not sounding menacing/mechanical/robotic with the mask on like it has in every single cartoon appearance and even Capcom fighters... Other then that it seems okay. I'll be sure to check it out. And I hope that Doom gets his face jacked up at some point and they fix his voice with the mask on in the editing room or something.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Burning Ranger
1137th Post

"Re(4):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 12:20post reply

quote:
I'm not feeling Doom looking all pretty or his voice not sounding menacing/mechanical/robotic with the mask on like it has in every single cartoon appearance and even Capcom fighters... Other then that it seems okay. I'll be sure to check it out. And I hope that Doom gets his face jacked up at some point and they fix his voice with the mask on in the editing room or something.

Does Doom have to sound menacing? Consider Bill from "Kill Bill": his voice was hardly menacing, but he was till a vicious villian. Personally, I kinda like Doom's voice as it is. The menacing voice is too cliche these days.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

crazymike
1086th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 12:33post reply

Now I remember what Doom looks like in this movie

http://www.nintendoland.com/mario/movie/goomba.jpg

DarkZero
1181th Post

"Re(5):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 12:50post reply

Wow. That trailer was... sort of odd.

The fact that Michael Chiklis didn't seem to really nail The Thing is surprising, but the fact that Jessica Alba completely sucks as Sue Storm really isn't. I'm not sure why they even bother dressing her up like Sue Storm when she looks so young. It would've been one thing if they picked a young actress and made her look hot, or picked an older actress and made her look like Sue Storm, but a young actress in those sort of clothes just looks like a little girl playing "house". As for Reed or Doom, you don't really get to see much of them. You see people reacting to Reed or beating up Doom, but you don't really see the characters themselves.

The weirdest part is the Human Torch, though. I don't like the Human Torch, but... I like this Human Torch. I like him a lot. So either the movie's version of the Human Torch is very, very different from the comics, or just way better than the Human Torch has been in the last decade or so of Marvel Comics. I can't tell which.

Digitalboy
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 13:39post reply

quote:
A newer (and better) Fantastic Four movie trailer has been released.

ZING!

Sano
1645th Post

"Re(5):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 13:50post reply

quote:

Does Doom have to sound menacing? Consider Bill from "Kill Bill": his voice was hardly menacing, but he was till a vicious villian. Personally, I kinda like Doom's voice as it is. The menacing voice is too cliche these days.

Yes he has to sound menacing. And screw Kill Bill. Superman is not making fun of human beigns damn it!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

DarkZero
1182th Post

"Re(6):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 14:18post reply

quote:

Honestly, I'd rather see them keep the menacing mechanical voice, the scarred face, and the egomaniacal "DOOM speaks only in the third person, fools!" dialogue than the green cape and perfectly accurate mask. Whereas the X-Men and Spider-Man movies, which were good, kept the characters from the comics and just gave them more telegenic costumes that wouldn't look ridiculous on film, the Fantastic Four movie seems to be keeping the costumes and changing the characters around.

shin ramberk
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 17:13post reply

quote:
Wow. That trailer was... sort of odd.

The fact that Michael Chiklis didn't seem to really nail The Thing is surprising, but the fact that Jessica Alba completely sucks as Sue Storm really isn't. I'm not sure why they even bother dressing her up like Sue Storm when she looks so young. It would've been one thing if they picked a young actress and made her look hot, or picked an older actress and made her look like Sue Storm, but a young actress in those sort of clothes just looks like a little girl playing "house". As for Reed or Doom, you don't really get to see much of them. You see people reacting to Reed or beating up Doom, but you don't really see the characters themselves.

The weirdest part is the Human Torch, though. I don't like the Human Torch, but... I like this Human Torch. I like him a lot. So either the movie's version of the Human Torch is very, very different from the comics, or just way better than the Human Torch has been in the last decade or so of Marvel Comics. I can't tell which.

I agree with just about everything. I'm not getting a vibe from any of the actors and characters except torch and doom. The little dialog i hear from Doom makes me feel good about him. I don't like the iron mask. I'm a comic book junkie but that shiny metal mask doesn't work in real life.

Torch sounds like a fun guy to hang out with. Thats how he should be in the comics. A fun guy but a hot head, stubborn-rushes into trouble and a big ego. Comic book Torch has gotten to be boring just cause he's been around for so long. Well, pretty much the FF has been boring cause they are so 'matured' up and all.

Reed seems boring, but maybe thats how his character works? he's boring in the comics too. So maybe it'll work out.

Thing and Sue Storm are just not clicking. Maybe we need more dialog to see if they fit the bill but so far, it doesn't look good. They should have gotten a much younger guy to play Thing. Chiklis is way too old. Alba is attractive but just not Sue.

I'm feeling good about this movie. I'm just not to sure about the actor/character choices on Thing and Sue. We'll see.

I'm more excited about how Doom will play out. And I am glad he doesn't sound like a cheezy cartoon/video game character. Geeze, what were you guys thinking.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Sano
1648th Post

"Re(7):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 30 Mar 23:38:post reply

quote:

I'm more excited about how Doom will play out. And I am glad he doesn't sound like a cheezy cartoon/video game character. Geeze, what were you guys thinking.

Oh, I dunno. Perhaps because this is a video game forum and we spend a good amount of time talking about cartoons too? Not to mention Doom himself has been a video game and cartoon character and comic books ain't that far removed.

Bottom line. Doom was one of the many inspirations for Darth Vader. He should have the voice since it's Doom's turn on the big screen. It's only right. His modelrific "Do you really want to fight" voice sounds hella weak. Green Goblin's voice sounds more menacing in the Spider-Man movie and it shouldn't 'cuz Doom > Goblin. I don't need ordinary guy 'Kill Bill' Doom, he needs to stand above all us pathetic creatures. He's Doom, not Phil Donahue. "Doom is not impressed with this trailer."

But the rest of it is OK. Since his body is supposed to be altering, I suspect his face will get gradually messed up.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 31 Mar 00:09]

crazymike
1089th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(8):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Thu 31 Mar 13:18post reply

What I just don't get is why the Dr. Doom in the cheesy, unreleased Fantastic Four not only looks better in costume, but sounds better than this big budget FF movie. Oh well, wait and see...

Sano
1650th Post

"Re(9):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Thu 31 Mar 23:25post reply

quote:
What I just don't get is why the Dr. Doom in the cheesy, unreleased Fantastic Four not only looks better in costume, but sounds better than this big budget FF movie. Oh well, wait and see...

Gonna have to agree.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Hungrywolf
3010th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(10):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Fri 1 Apr 14:27post reply

quote:

Gonna have to agree.

I just remembered the one thing I really won't like about this FF movie, and that is the fact that Alicia Masters is black in this movie.

BTW, is that a new avatar, Sano, or have I just not noticed it? I like it.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Sano
1659th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Sat 2 Apr 02:36post reply

quote:

BTW, is that a new avatar, Sano, or have I just not noticed it? I like it.

I've only had it for a little while. I've been wanting to make that picture into an avatar for a long time but I waited until I finally got a scanner. It's the older Sagara Sanosuke that's traveling around the world at the end of the Rurouni Kenshin Kaiden book, (He's in the second OVA too) which has the last Rurouni Kenshin manga story. Thanks!

Alicia Masters is black? I guess Puppet Master will be black too. Normally this kind of stuff doesn't bug me but isn't Alicia Masters supposed to look a lot like Sue Storm with different hair? Strange. Maybe she'll have the same manerisms as Sue? Well, that's only if they explore Thing liking Sue I guess since that's one of the reasons he likes Alicia.

It would of been cool as hell if Alba played both Alicia and Sue. Ah well, Hollywood might not except people looking a lot alike, but they have two different people who look like Bruce Campbell in the two Spider-Man movies, LOL!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Ishmael
1920th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Re(10):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Sat 2 Apr 02:56post reply

quote:
I just remembered the one thing I really won't like about this FF movie, and that is the fact that Alicia Masters is black in this movie.

If Michael Clarke Duncan plays her in the movie I will be there opening night.

Baines
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):New Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Sat 2 Apr 11:02post reply

I'll echo the sentiment that the movie has been upgraded to "fucking awful."

The casting for Johnny surprisingly works fairly well. And Reed might work. Still not enough to tell on him.

Doom's mask reminds me of spray painted plastic. It doesn't have any heft to it, no details, no weight... Not sure how it will affect the acting yet (as one of the worst ideas in Spider-Man was to give Osborn a non-flexible mask, but Goblin has a different personality than Doom.)

Thing still looks wrong. The costume just doesn't work. But at least one of the action scenes with him had a good look. Unfortunately, the rest looked almost as bad as the suit.

I thought Jessica Alba would make an awful Sue not for looks, but for acting. I was wrong. She is somehow worse than awful. Her scenes look like what you'd expect from a basement budget production of FF.