Time machine site - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3471 Views )

Bata kun
2599th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Time machine site" , posted Wed 30 Mar 04:53post reply

Does anyone remember the site where you can look at a site from long ago? You know, like relive the old days of the MMCafe?

Replies:

Professor
2233th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Time machine site" , posted Wed 30 Mar 05:36post reply

quote:
Does anyone remember the site where you can look at a site from long ago? You know, like relive the old days of the MMCafe?

Sometimes it works, often times, it's dowwn.
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

OmegaDog
1481th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Time machine site, old BBS messages" , posted Wed 30 Mar 05:41:post reply

If you use Firefox, there's also a small right-click menu extension to check if hyperlinked pages are archived on the Wayback Machine.

Or, if you want to check old BBS posts, the BBS messages on Gamespy are still up. That's a link to the "open" page -- or, for older thread pages, copy and paste the following URL, and replace the X with a number between 2 and 155 (the higher, the newer): http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~mmcafe/forums/bbs/thread_openX.shtml

[ I can't seem to find BBS prior to that one, though -- the one that originally had the URL http://www.mmcafe.com/bbs.htm (lacking the l at the end). Anyone know where it went? ]

EDIT: Heh heh -- the Prof beat me to the Wayback link.

"IT'S PAYBACK TIME..." "LOCKED AND LOADED!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Wed 30 Mar 05:47]

Burning Kyo
2270th Post

"OT : Q. about Prof's tag" , posted Wed 30 Mar 06:03post reply

Can someone explain me again this trick please ?

[Live fast // Die young]

EternalNewbie
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):OT : Q. about Prof's tag" , posted Wed 30 Mar 06:53post reply

quote:

You put the html of the website you want to see was like a kinda long time ago, and you can see it. Although not all the pictures will load, it can be interesting to look back into the old days. For example, I took a look back at the old Blizzard site and was looking at some of the old stuff they had on Starcraft, like how the Zerg were called the Zurg and were still mainly concept art. Looking back at old mmcafe bbs brung back some memories. There was a post about unconfirmed secret characters in Smash Bros. Melee that was amusing. Also, it is interesting to see what board members are still here after all this time. I remember I started reading this board back in summer 2001, but took me a while before I started posting. Heck, even now I don't post alot. Looking back reminds me, whatever happened to talbaineric? I vaguely remember something of an argument nature happening between him and Onslaught, about some people getting pissed at talbaineric random posts. Can't quite remember though, perhaps just me going senial.

EternalNewbie:
The Hachishinkan -- The Weil Numbers.

Bata kun
2601th Post

"Re(2):Time machine site" , posted Wed 30 Mar 06:57post reply

quote:

Sometimes it works, often times, it's dowwn.
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Wai~! Grazie! Too bad I'm too late to save that one "Tenten" poster image though.

burning kyo
2271th Post

"Re(2):OT : Q. about Prof's tag" , posted Wed 30 Mar 07:10post reply

quote:

You put the html of the website you want to see was like a kinda long time ago, and you can see it. Although not all the pictures will load, it can be interesting to look back into the old days. For example, I took a look back at the old Blizzard site and was looking at some of the old stuff they had on Starcraft, like how the Zerg were called the Zurg and were still mainly concept art. Looking back at old mmcafe bbs brung back some memories. There was a post about unconfirmed secret characters in Smash Bros. Melee that was amusing. Also, it is interesting to see what board members are still here after all this time. I remember I started reading this board back in summer 2001, but took me a while before I started posting. Heck, even now I don't post alot. Looking back reminds me, whatever happened to talbaineric? I vaguely remember something of an argument nature happening between him and Onslaught, about some people getting pissed at talbaineric random posts. Can't quite remember though, perhaps just me going senial.

I was talking about the Prof' tag ... (^_^')

[Live fast // Die young]

EternalNewbie
157th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):OT : Q. about Prof's tag" , posted Wed 30 Mar 07:51post reply

quote:

I was talking about the Prof' tag ... (^_^')

Whoops, my bad. You just hold down your left mouse button and move it, highlighting stuff. When it highlights the picture, the picture changes. Or is your question how to make the picture? If that is the case, I forget, but it was fairly simple from what little I remember. Something about putting two pics on top of each other and filtering one a bit more than the other, or something like that. As shown before, my memory sucks.

EternalNewbie:
The Hachishinkan -- The Weil Numbers.

KTallguy
588th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):OT : Q. about Prof's tag" , posted Wed 30 Mar 21:57post reply

Holy crap looking at the old site, I feel so young... =P I've only been here for 2-3 years I think...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"