Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3741 Views )

Iggy
6156th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread" , posted Sun 27 Mar 04:28post reply

After 7 minutes of unrelated junk, new movie, interview of Kawazu, and general Itoken awesomeness.
Strange how they say Kawazu is producer... He is actually the director of game.

[url=http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/romasaga/ ]Official Site

The game is the remake of Romancing Saga 1, a 13 years old SFC game. But it's a serious remake, not like those Sega ages junk : everything is being redone, and ultimately, it's an original game with the same characters, scenario and places as the original game. (and some areas have their names changed, more than in the WS port).

Random bits of info I didn't bothered to report here at the time :

When you select your hero, you can change his name, and also select his class. In Albert's case, you can select "no class" or "frontier guard" (I mean,「辺境警備兵」). His start parameters are higher if you chose "no class". The influence on the rest of the game is unclear.

Battle : chain, hirameki, LP, all is like in Saga Frontier.
EN : the resistence of the weapons, that goes down as you use them. As your level raises, you use less points.
BP : when you use skills or magic. the quantity used also get down when your level rises. You regain some BP after each turn.
Divine intervention : depending on the place, adversary, and general situation, the gods can help you. Not much is known about it.

Each weapon has 3 modes, attack, defense, and trick. Attack works better on defense which works better on trick which works better on attack.

A contact with an ennemy symbol from behind gives you a free turn, and vice versa. Upon certain condition, a 乱戦 occurs, which gives both your team and the monsters an attack bonus.
If you touch an ennemy when surrounded, you will have to fight all the ennemy marks one after the other, like in SMT3 when a fight begin immediatly after another I think. In this case, your BP and HP aren't replenished.

The shops can level up the same way they did in U:Saga. The shops of the game have 3 different.... markets? which level up separately.

You can arrange your weapons, make them attack/defense/trick mode, add elemental power, or regenerate their EN. Sleeping also regenerates EN.
Shops also sell spells, skills, and improve your class (maybe "no class" is better in the beginning, and having a class with a strong level is better at the end? With the extensive use the game makes of money, it's going to be a though choice).

The new designs by Naora are hated by everyone and their pets, but I begin to like them... Especially Sif. She's a barbarian, she's not supposed to be pretty or anything.
Jamil escaped from Hyrule and Grey from a liveshow of Jem and the Hologram, but the rest is fairly good in my opinion. Bald Galahad is definitely NOT a good idea, but when you look the screen behind Kawazu in the interview, he looks OK during the fights. Miriam looks good as well, far better than in the original game.

Kawazu also looks great. He's not the same guy who did U:Saga, to say the least. His new wife seems to have a good influence on him.

∧_∧   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 (・∀・ ∩ <  愛がア~~~ップ
 (つ  丿   \________
⊂二_ ノ )) クルクルッ
   (_)

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Replies:

Pollyanna
946th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread" , posted Sun 27 Mar 05:53post reply

This sounds promising. What's the catch? What's going to make it a SaGa game?

Iggy
6157th Post

"Re(2):Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread" , posted Sun 27 Mar 06:39post reply

quote:
This sounds promising. What's the catch? What's going to make it a SaGa game?

I'll say... Itoken's music, the free scenario system, the huge fields, and, of course, all the bugs.

I hope they will keep Hage-lahad's Ice Sword event intact.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Evenor
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread" , posted Sun 27 Mar 09:15post reply

So this game isn't going to be like the Saga frontier games or U:Saga? I liked Saga frontier but I never got the chance to play the infamous U:Saga.

Also, I think the character design are nice.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

jiji
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread" , posted Sun 27 Mar 17:22post reply

quote:
I'll say... Itoken's music, the free scenario system, the huge fields, and, of course, all the bugs.

I was about to complain that it wasn't Masashi Hamauzu composing until I remembered that yes, this is Romasaga1. I wonder what Hamauzu is up to these days...

Iggy
6160th Post

"Re(4):Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread" , posted Sun 27 Mar 18:35post reply

quote:
I was about to complain that it wasn't Masashi Hamauzu composing until I remembered that yes, this is Romasaga1.

Oh, come on, Itoken >>>>>>>>> Hamazu.
His work on U:Saga was nice, but he never created the beginning of one catchy Itoken tune. U:Saga could have been 38% better if Itoken had been there.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

Gojira
1665th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Romancing Saga Minstrel Song thread" , posted Sun 27 Mar 21:05post reply

quote:
Itoken >>>>>>>>> Hamazu.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
YOU WILL DIE ALONE

End of Spoiler

Off with your nose