Playstation 3 revealed? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3403 Views )

Fuchikoma
1235th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 11:48post reply

Since it is April Fools season... take this with a grain of salt. I found these shots floating around today-

uhhh

kinda

convincing

Replies:

Minuteman
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 13:16post reply

quote:
Since it is April Fools season... take this with a grain of salt. I found these shots floating around today-

uhhh

kinda

convincing

Even if it's tough to believe anythig during this time of year (April Fools - which I hate) these are nice to look at in any circumstance.

If this was real, I like it.

If anything, I think the days of controllers w/ cords are done. These (fake) pics have wireless as an option, and w/ Nintendo "Revoluton" being touted as a new way of controlling gaming (plus Nintendo already has nailed down wireless w/ the Wavebird), I hope its safe to say we can kiss goodbye the days of tangled cords and the ultimate cheap tactic of pulling out the cord when losing in a game against a friend. =P

Burning Ranger
1125th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 14:20post reply

quote:

Even if it's tough to believe anythig during this time of year (April Fools - which I hate) these are nice to look at in any circumstance.

If this was real, I like it.

If anything, I think the days of controllers w/ cords are done. These (fake) pics have wireless as an option, and w/ Nintendo "Revoluton" being touted as a new way of controlling gaming (plus Nintendo already has nailed down wireless w/ the Wavebird), I hope its safe to say we can kiss goodbye the days of tangled cords and the ultimate cheap tactic of pulling out the cord when losing in a game against a friend. =P

It looks a little fake to me (the first picture does-- it lacks clarity in the lower left corner that would show professionalism in the PR department).

But if the console became "wireless" then damn, all those custom PS2 controllers (MAS Sticks, control pads) would become useless.

I like the solitary MagicGate card slot. Really, does there need to be more?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

deisied
297th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 14:22post reply

At the very most, the shortness of cords have bothered me in certain setups, but I won't really care if they're still there.

Dr Baghead
3405th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 15:19post reply

quote:
uhhh

kinda

convincing

Even if it's not real, it's kina cool looking... I wounder what the PS3 version of it (eh, you know the $100 cheaper super tiny version like the PS1, PS2 models) will look like, cause I'm buy another Sony system that's not tiny and adorable again.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

deisied
299th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 15:37post reply

quote:

Even if it's not real, it's kina cool looking... I wounder what the PS3 version of it (eh, you know the $100 cheaper super tiny version like the PS1, PS2 models) will look like, cause I'm buy another Sony system that's not tiny and adorable again.

You mean PSthree.

Dr Baghead
3406th Post

"Re(3):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 15:40post reply

quote:
You mean PSthree.

So then the PS2 out now is a PStwo?

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

deisied
300th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 15:49post reply

quote:

So then the PS2 out now is a PStwo?

Actually I don't think that one was ever called that officially. Still, people would probably know what you mean right away if you said PSthree in context.

Anyway, that reminds me. It isn't very likely it'd say "Playstation 3" on the console, they went with PS2 on purpose last time. They felt it looked/sounded more sleek and mature, and less like a toy. Why would they go back on that now and slap "PLAYSTATION" all over it? Besides that, upon my like...third look at the thing, I decided it is pretty nice even if it is a fake.

That no special controller thing is a really good point though, damn.

Kaepora
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 16:19post reply

I haven't read up on the promises made for the PlayStation 3 - why would it need a specifically-designated "Eject" light?

Iggy
6134th Post

"Re(1):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 16:40post reply

Good fake indeed... But why did the guy bothered with a UMD slot when the console will use BR disks ?

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

deisied
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 16:54post reply

quote:
Good fake indeed... But why did the guy bothered with a UMD slot when the console will use BR disks ?

It already has the normal format slot to the left, the UMD slot would help push forward the idea of trying to make those things some kind of standard. Still, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I wonder if there's a major difference between game and movie UMD that would make a non-game UMD drive simple. It certainly couldn't play PSP games.

Iggy
6136th Post

"Re(3):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 17:04post reply

quote:
It already has the normal format slot to the left

Ah, I missed it. Stupid me.

ジュルネー・源氏シリーズ化決定!!!

DarkZero
1173th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 18:08post reply

quote:

It already has the normal format slot to the left, the UMD slot would help push forward the idea of trying to make those things some kind of standard. Still, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I wonder if there's a major difference between game and movie UMD that would make a non-game UMD drive simple. It certainly couldn't play PSP games.

Well, that depends. I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 played PSP games, because Nintendo has shown that there's an obvious market for playing portable games on a full-screen TV with the Game Boy Player, and games like Metal Gear Acid and Makai Wars (does it still exist?) prove that there will be PSP games that will be heavily story driven and thus more appropriate for playing at home.

A fake, but an interesting fake.

deisied
302th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Playstation 3 revealed?" , posted Thu 24 Mar 20:18post reply

Well, I've never bought a handheld to play games on a bus, so hot damn, if it did play PSP games, I'd be pretty damn thrilled.

Either way I'll just be playing my friend's MGAC!D next week...