Results

3. Ivy/"SC" vs. 2. Kyouko/"JG"
Ivy
Kyouko
Results

Times:

Madman - Thursday, 7:15.

Local - Wednesday, 14:15.

New rule: instead of one vote to break a tie, a character must now get two votes.

Vote away!

Replies:

Bata kun
2563th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 07:28post reply

Predictions:

I

Akira/Vanessa - Akira. Come on. It's Akira.

Mina/Julia - In this Namco matchup, Mina, but barely.

Tiffany/Taki - I'm going to be against my darkhorse and say Taki.

Shiki/Sophitia - Shiki. Trust me. You can't beat the third most loved "SS" character that easily.

Ivy/Talim - Hate to say it, but Ivy.

Kasumi/Rain - Kasumi. It's hard to vote against her.

Ayane/Lei Fang - This is a toss-up, but Lei Fang will end up being the better "DoA" girl.

Kyouko/Tracy - Poor Tracy. Kyouko easily wins here.

II

Akira/Mina - Akira. Mina's worst scenario is her being a 3 to 1 underdog, but she will put up a fight.

Shiki/Taki - Both have style, but in the end, Shiki will win this.

Shiki/Tiffany - Shiki. My darkhorse got real lucky, but you can't rely on luck after the first round you know. So, yes, that means Tiffany is the first "JG" character out, even though I would have liked to see all "JG" characters in the semi-finals.

Ivy/Kasumi - Ivy. However, if there's an underdog that can knock out Ivy, it's Kasumi.

Kyouko/Lei Fang - Fantasy: Ivy and Lei Fang will create a Touma Yumi-san semi-final. Reality: Kyouko. Unless a miracle happens, poor Lei's "Cinderella" story is over, ending the "DoA" run.

III

Akira/Shiki - Akira. However, Shiki's the only character I can think of that can prevent Akira from being the favorite to win it all.

Kyouko/Ivy - Kyouko. You will actually see a "JG" final.

IV

Akira/Kyouko - Akira wins the all-"JG" final.

Votes:

Akira/Shiki - Okay. This is where I can't say that I should kick myself for making these matchups now. I have to vote here.

Anyway, both have style. Both get a lot of love. However, in the long run, Akira gets my vote mainly because she's my favorite to win. If Mina won instead of Akira, then I would have voted for Shiki and adding on, she would have been my third favorite to win it all, behind Akira and the person I'm about to use my other vote on.

Kyouko/Ivy - Kyouko gets my other vote because I do want to see that "Justice Gakuen" final. Plus, I'm not much of an Ivy fan anyway.

Time Mage
2075th Post

"Re(1):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 07:49post reply

Akira vs Shiki: A tough call, but my vote goes to Akira because of the "Evangelion Team Super".

Ivy vs Kyoko: Another unfair match: I like Ivy a lot, but Kyoko is Kyoko.

Rid
6481th Post

"Re(1):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 08:43post reply

Shiki because she's Shiki.

Kyoko because she's the best, and because Mariah Carey says so. http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/voteordiehq.jpg

Nate
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 08:49post reply

Shiki because even if I wanted Tiffany to win last round, I did vote for Shiki to get in in the first place. That and I don't even understand why people like Akira so much.

Kyoko mostly because she's Kyoko. Ivy's cool but she's no Kyoko.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

ONSLAUGHT
3315th Post

"Mmmmhh..." , posted Mon 21 Mar 09:23post reply

quote:
That and I don't even understand why people like Akira so much.

Funny, I'll never understand why people like Shiki so much. She's an overrated bitch, but that's just my opinion.

I don't like Akira that much, but I dig her skull like appareance, same goes to Skullomania and several other characters with skull or bone motifs.

Rid
6482th Post

"Re(2):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 10:19post reply

quote:
That and I don't even understand why people like Akira so much.
Because they didn't saw her horrible fashion sense in the story mode of the japanese versions.

Undead Fred
2240th Post

"Re(3):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 12:54post reply

Jesus... these tournament threads are getting vicious... A lot of my favorites have been shot down, but I don't see any reason to get angry about it.

Bata kun
2564th Post

"Re(4):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 13:07post reply

quote:
Jesus... these tournament threads are getting vicious... A lot of my favorites have been shot down, but I don't see any reason to get angry about it.

Indeed, they have been vicious. Ironically, the top four favorites of mine to win this tournament are in the semi-finals. All of my top four favorites that I want to win are in, except for Talim. (She's the one I wanted to win it all, but she faced Ivy who is no easy hill to overcome.) So, I guess I'm in good shape. Even if none of my top four personal favorites made it to the semi-finals, I wouldn't be so angry about it either.

TheBeast
1804th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 17:42post reply

quote:

Indeed, they have been vicious. Ironically, the top four favorites of mine to win this tournament are in the semi-finals. All of my top four favorites that I want to win are in, except for Talim. (She's the one I wanted to win it all, but she faced Ivy who is no easy hill to overcome.) So, I guess I'm in good shape. Even if none of my top four personal favorites made it to the semi-finals, I wouldn't be so angry about it either.

The comments don't seem THAT vicious to me, but I guess it is natural when things get heated up closer to the closing of an intense tournament. Which probably says a lot, since people only gets heated up for things they care about.

Iggy
6106th Post

"Re(1):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 18:14post reply

OK, I won't vote in this. I hate Akira and Shiki equally, and I love Kyôko and Ivy equally.
DAMN ! If only the characters had been set differently, where Ivy would have crushed Akira and Kyôko Shiki...
Oh well. At least I know who I will vote for in the finals.

So really what's the difference between a metrosexual and a homosexual?
Metrosexuals are better dressed. Homosexuals are so last season.
What role will the homosexual play in the future?
Gooseberry.

Gojira
1662th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 18:26post reply

Hmm. This is tough.

Well, I really liked Akira, when she wore a helmet. Without it she's too generic to care about. But Shiki I like in any form. So I went with Shiki.

As for Ivy/ Kyoko, I flipped a coin. George Washington came up so I went with Ivy.

Off with your nose

Bata kun
2568th Post

"Re(6):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Mon 21 Mar 18:59post reply

quote:
I guess it is natural when things get heated up closer to the closing of an intense tournament. Which probably says a lot, since people only gets heated up for things they care about.

I guess that's true. (Can't think of anything more witty to say now because of the tiredness in me.)

Maou
507th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Tue 22 Mar 02:46post reply

quote:
George Washington came up so I went with Ivy.

Ah yes, the unfortunate George Washington 2P Ivy outfit was a very good reason to vote for Kyouko. It was a hard call between sexy dominatrix with whip sword and sexy nurse with healing massage tag-team TwoPlatonic technique, but I figure Ivy'd win at some normal forum, and Kyouko I feel like I "know" better thanks to the school sim mode. Would Ivy go get drunk with HER students? I don't think so...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Iron D
2638th Post

"Re(4):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Tue 22 Mar 08:34post reply

Akira and Kyoko here.

I'm just glad to see that Tiffany didn't make it this far. What a relief.

Zelkin. Pimped.

Undead Fred
2245th Post

"Re(5):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Tue 22 Mar 09:51post reply

quote:
I'm just glad to see that Tiffany didn't make it this far. What a relief.

Iron D
2639th Post

"Re(6):3D Fighting Game Girls Tournament - Rd." , posted Tue 22 Mar 10:00post reply

quote:

HA! ALL MISERY TO THE TIFFANY LOVERS!

Zelkin. Pimped.

Bata kun
2575th Post

"Less than a day left." , posted Wed 23 Mar 07:46post reply

To those who haven't voted yet, you have a little less than a whole day left to vote. Kyouko's winning so far. Whether or not we'll have the first tie remains to be seen. Both Akira and Shiki sure get a lot of love.

Bata kun
2580th Post

"Owari!" , posted Thu 24 Mar 07:30:post reply

Well, the last youth (and my pick) has fallen hard on the pavement and Ivy's run came to a halt. So, yeah, Kyouko and Shiki won. You actually have a ususal Capcom vs. SNK match as your final. (Never expected that to happen actually, but eh.)

The last round will begin in a bit.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Thu 24 Mar 07:31]