So are we blocking out the new Lunar game? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3132 Views )

jmcc
20th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"So are we blocking out the new Lunar game?" , posted Sat 19 Mar 13:35post reply

I can understand if that's the case, since I'm not sure I trust Ubisoft with the series and don't own a DS. Link

Replies:

Fuchikoma
1231th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):So are we blocking out the new Lunar ga" , posted Sat 19 Mar 14:08post reply

Yeah really... this seems like one of those "does not compute" situations. Although look at what Ubisoft did with the Prince of Persia series, so the potential for a great game is definitely there.

Just with Lunar it seems funny... that was like one of the original anime RPGs... and I'll be damned if I get my anime from a Frenchman.

Spoon
825th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):So are we blocking out the new Lunar ga" , posted Sat 19 Mar 14:16post reply

quote:
and I'll be damned if I get my anime from a Frenchman.

In spite of the word anime...

Grave
891th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):So are we blocking out the new Lunar ga" , posted Sat 19 Mar 14:28post reply

quote:

OH SNAP

Maou
504th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):So are we blocking out the new Lunar ga" , posted Sat 19 Mar 16:34post reply

Odd that Lunar-Net was mentioning this, since they were previously first to express doubt over whether Lunar Genesis had anything to do with the Lunar series. I doubt it's anything, unless it's an American/French-made conversion of a previous game, much like the (shoddy) American-made Phantasy Star Collection handheld... I'd bet Ghaleon's sword that Ubi won't be making an original Lunar, not in a million years.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Mosquiton
1548th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):So are we blocking out the new Lunar ga" , posted Sun 20 Mar 02:37post reply

quote:

OH SNAP

Verily,

/ / /

crazymike
1084th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):So are we blocking out the new Lunar ga" , posted Sun 20 Mar 10:48:post reply

I desperately want a new Lunar, but not on a portable. Although if it were put on console, it would probably make the transition to 3D and end up in some weird online RPG with little resemblance to the original like Final Fantasy 11 and Phantasy Star Online....

[this message was edited by crazymike on Mon 21 Mar 05:39]

Maou
506th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):So are we blocking out the new Lunar ga" , posted Mon 21 Mar 04:23post reply

quote:
I desperately want a new Lunar, but

Agreed, Lunar~EB (Mega CD version) is still my favorite game, right with FF VI, though like with Phantasy Star IV, I'm not sure if there is much else left to -do- in Lunar's world, what with the god of destruction gone and all. And I wonder if they could ever get the same sheer level of talent (Kei Shigema writing, Mizoguchi sound programing, Iwadare composing, Kubooka character designing, ace voice actors) together again besides. I AM curious to see a new Kei Shigema RPG, however...despite how much I love his script, I have no idea what else he's done...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...