Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3654 Views )

Iggy
6088th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 06:44post reply

Two names, 悪魔城ドラキュラ 闇の呪印 and 悪魔城ドラキュラ 蒼月の十字架 have been deposed by Konami at the end of january.

Speculations are they could be the japanese names of the next Castlevanias (DS and PS2) we've already been showed. If this was true, then the "from now, there is no akumajô Dracula in Japan, it's all about キャッスルヴァニア" rule would be forgotten and everything would be back to normal. It was a stupid change to begin with.
闇の呪印 could very well be "Curse of Darkness".

And I just noticed they finally fropped that silly "every game must have a music name in the title". I would have played "Castlevania : Lambada of Doom", though.

So really what's the difference between a metrosexual and a homosexual?
Metrosexuals are better dressed. Homosexuals are so last season.
What role will the homosexual play in the future?
Gooseberry.

Replies:

Maou
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 07:31post reply

quote:
悪魔城

Hooray, I hope! Castlevania is, after all these years, still so much more dumb than Akumajou, especially considering -vania just ment "woods" or something like that. That name always gave me the feeling I was being talked down to like a little kid by Konami USA ("it's like Transylvania, you'll like it!"). It sounds bad in Japanese, to boot.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

OmegaDog
1471th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 07:53:post reply

Maybe it's just that that Demon Castle Dracula isn't a good English translation of the title Akumajou Dracula, in terms of form -- but I personally prefer the Western title (Castlevania) to the translated Japanese-to-English title (Demon Castle Dracula). Castlevania, to me, just sounds classier.

But eh -- this name change doesn't concern my region.

"IT'S PAYBACK TIME..." "LOCKED AND LOADED!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Fri 18 Mar 07:58]

tenguman
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 07:58post reply

quote:
Two names, 悪魔城ドラキュラ 闇の呪印 and 悪魔城ドラキュラ 蒼月の十字架 have been deposed by Konami at the end of january.

Speculations are they could be the japanese names of the next Castlevanias (DS and PS2) we've already been showed. If this was true, then the "from now, there is no akumajô Dracula in Japan, it's all about キャッスルヴァニア" rule would be forgotten and everything would be back to normal. It was a stupid change to begin with.
闇の呪印 could very well be "Curse of Darkness".

And I just noticed they finally fropped that silly "every game must have a music name in the title". I would have played "Castlevania : Lambada of Doom", though.

OMG KONAMI IS DOING THINGS RIGHT.

Nothing against the "Castlevania" name, but I'd rather see japanese versions called "Akumajou Dracula" + some neat subititle.

But that's just me.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Lupin
2974th Post

"Re(1):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 08:15post reply

quote:
Lambada of Doom"

Macarena de Muerte
Soft Rock of Hell

deisied
292th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 08:29post reply

Norwegian Black Metal of Mystery

Rid
6475th Post

"Re(3):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 08:50post reply

Polka of Apathy

OmegaDog
1471th Post

"Re(4):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 09:10post reply

Bluegrass of Angst

"IT'S PAYBACK TIME..." "LOCKED AND LOADED!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

Dragon-warrior
1243th Post

"Re(2):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 09:18post reply

quote:

since when 3D castlevania was right..

exodus
2434th Post

"Re(3):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 09:50post reply

mambo of ennui <--hehe I can imagine this, actually.

Maou
503th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 15:05post reply

quote:
hilarious song-themed titles

Gahahaha!

Konami Rep: "Wait, let me get those down!"

Meanwhile, Demon Castle doesn't sound that great, but maybe something along the lines of "Castle Dracula" or something, anything but 2nd grader play our games plz titles will do.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Time Mage
2073th Post

"Re(4):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Fri 18 Mar 19:09post reply

JPop of Desesperation.

tenguman
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Sat 19 Mar 00:47post reply

quote:

since when 3D castlevania was right..

I liked Lamment of Innocence, really.
It's as not as Devil May Cry as I thought it would be and the story works, as Leon does.

I don't see anything wrong with it.
(Yes, I'm a sucker for Castlevania. The only ones I can't bear to play are de N64 ones.)

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

NARUTO
2956th Post

"Re(4):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Sat 19 Mar 04:18post reply

Tango of pain.
or
Country of despair...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

hikarutilmitt
309th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Sat 19 Mar 06:52post reply

quote:
Tango of pain.
or
Country of despair...

Achy Breay of Anarchy
Chattahoochee of Chaos

Rid
6480th Post

"Re(6):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Sat 19 Mar 07:00post reply

Hip Hop Cover of Crappyness

crazymike
1082th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Sat 19 Mar 07:16post reply

I like Castlevania....and cookies.

Mokona
235th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Castlevania -> Akumajô Dracula again ?" , posted Sun 20 Mar 09:57post reply

enka of nostalgy

reggae of hallucinations

Blah!