NGBC Feedback Campaign - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3962 Views )

Phoenix
764th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 04:13:post reply

http://bbs.kofathena.net/UploadFile/2005-3/200531412415557.jpg

Any word on more loke tests? The above link must be the feedback form. Let's photoshop a translated version and distribute it online. Then fill in the printouts and mail them to SNKP's address as a last ditch/second effort. Or at least email SNKP with feedback in Japanese/English. Or do both if you want. I would respectfully request the following personally.

1. "Make Guard Cancel Step cost one super meter when blocking" OR "Remove Guard Cancel Step completely and add Rolling or Just Defend."
2. Tone down "D. Assault" cuz it's too strong.
3. Add "low jumps/hops."

I'm sure they get Japanese feedback but why not contribute based on all those reports we read and take the proactive approach? They might respond to overseas feedback if there are enough of them. I realize this might be futile but it's better than nothing plus it won't take that long anyways. Just a thought. So then this must be SNKP's address.

1. Email: info@snkplaymore.co.jp
2. Headquarters: 14-12 Toyotsu-cho, Suita-city, Osaka 564-0051 Japan
3. Tokyo Branch: 6F Sotokanda K Bldg. 2-5-15 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021 Japan

How much could stamps to Japan possibly cost? If you don't wanna bother then why not at least email them? Let our voices be heard! We all want good 2D fighters after svc, cfj, isuka...

I know photoshop but I'm looking for someone who can translate that feedback form to english please. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone willing to help translate it can email me at ykim7@lycos.com or post in this thread. Comments/suggestions/help etc. will be appreaciated too. Many thanks.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Wed 16 Mar 04:30]

Replies:

Time Mage
2072th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 04:29post reply

The problem is that I'd want to actually play the game in order to give a meaningful feedback. Basing my feedback in what I think based on what other people has posted on a random bbs after testing the game is not very objective, is it?

Phoenix
765th Post

"Re(2):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 04:35:post reply

quote:
The problem is that I'd want to actually play the game in order to give a meaningful feedback. Basing my feedback in what I think based on what other people has posted on a random bbs after testing the game is not very objective, is it?

Problem is that by the time non-Japanese people play the game on loke tests, it's almost always too late IMO. They did a US loke test for 2k3 that I attended but it was wayyy late into development. Plus we all have read enough reports from trustworthy sources that we have a good idea of what should be implemented before release. Perhaps we could include this fact in the mail/email and let them know that we only have good intentions. We have nothing to lose and something to gain IMHO.

Here are the addresses again in Japanese just in case.
Email: info@snkplaymore.co.jp
Headquarters: 〒564-0051 大阪府吹田市豊津町14番12号
Tokyo Branch: 〒101-0021 東京都千代田区外神田2丁目5番15号 外神田Kビル6F

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Wed 16 Mar 05:09]

beto
829th Post

"Re(2):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 05:09post reply

quote:
Basing my feedback in what I think based on what other people has posted on a random bbs after testing the game is not very objective, is it?

Itīs plain stupid.

Phoenix
766th Post

"Re(3):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 05:26:post reply

quote:
Basing my feedback in what I think based on what other people has posted on a random bbs after testing the game is not very objective, is it?

Itīs plain stupid.

Some things are way too obvious. If all the reports from the so called reliable sources seem to say the same thing then what's the difference? I'm not saying give detailed accounts of Mudman's gameplay issues/glitches or something that detailed. I'm talking more about the obvious factors for which there is a general consensus within the internet. (such as the gameplay engine which is discussed constantly) You don't need to play the game to know those issues need to be addressed. I believe GCFS is one such issue. The feedback form seem to list things like rate the BGM, Sound Effects etc. from 1-5. Well, of course we can't do that. Nor can we discuss the seiyuu performances etc. without firsthand experience. (things that are subjective) But we can certainly still leave constructive comments about objective things like gameplay/engine.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Wed 16 Mar 05:29]

Iggy
6062th Post

"Re(4):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 05:55post reply

Hey, Imoya, I haven't played your fucking game, but you have to change this and that, because that guy who played it thought they were bad, and he wrote it in his own sheet. I know you're not going to take his opinion in account, but now someone as important as myself is telling you to change those things, so you'd better fix your game and do what I tell you before I play it!
Love.

quote:
Some things are way too obvious. If all the reports from the so called reliable sources seem to say the same thing then what's the difference?

I'd like to know who decides which sources are reliable or not. Even Belzebubble only represents his own opinion.
And don't tell me I'm reliable. I haven't touched the game, and even though I indeed report and translate (important detail) different opinions that seem to concur on certain points, the number of times my opinion has changed after reading opinions (of people who did went to the same test) shows that things are far from settled.
quote:
You don't need to play the game to know those issues need to be addressed.
Oh, as a matter of fact, I think you do, yes.

Also, totally unrelated, but several characters (such as MAI !?) seem to have voices reused for the first time in... who knows (strangely, other characters that appeared in KOF 2003 and 02 have new voices).

So really what's the difference between a metrosexual and a homosexual?
Metrosexuals are better dressed. Homosexuals are so last season.
What role will the homosexual play in the future?
Gooseberry.

Cain Highwind
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 06:42post reply

quote:

Also, totally unrelated, but several characters (such as MAI !?) seem to have voices reused for the first time in... who knows (strangely, other characters that appeared in KOF 2003 and 02 have new voices).

I dunno, in one of the official vids, Shermie sounds exactly like her 02 self, haven't heard much of Mai enough to tell.

Phoenix
767th Post

"Re(6):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 09:22:post reply

When I started this thread, I had my doubts about doing so. And please feel free to disagree with me. As I've stated, I'm mainly hoping to address two things.

1. GCFS
2. D. Assault

If you wanna call me names then be my guest. But I think it's safe to assume that most of internet is complaining about these two things. As you've pointed out Iggy, I also think this might come across as being an arrogant pompous ass to SNKP since most of us haven't even touched the game. But bringing the two points above in a respect manner/tone with sincere best interest for NGBC in mind (heck, specifically state this when you contact them) will not harm anyone. If it works great, if not then we've lost nothing. I think this is the most constructive route to take. Of course there is the distinctive possibility that I'm way off base here. But I figure why not take a stand for what I believe in. I, personally, will go ahead with this crazy (?) plan of mine. Please feel free to join in.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Wed 16 Mar 09:30]

Amakusa
591th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 12:59post reply

quote:
When I started this thread, I had my doubts about doing so. And please feel free to disagree with me. As I've stated, I'm mainly hoping to address two things.

1. GCFS
2. D. Assault

Quite possibly, I think you know what those are just as much as Joe Schmoe does.

That is to say, nothing.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

ONSLAUGHT
3305th Post

"Re(1):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Wed 16 Mar 13:02post reply

quote:

Any word on more loke tests? The above link must be the feedback form.

I would change the shitty sound effects, that's all.

D`Cloud
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Thu 17 Mar 11:30post reply

quote:

Any word on more loke tests? The above link must be the feedback form.

YES. shitty sound effects. i concur.

gameplaywise, snybody who hasn't played the game has no jurisdiction on it whatsoever.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Phoenix
769th Post

"I was wrong" , posted Thu 17 Mar 12:31post reply

You know what? You guys are right. This thread was a pretty stupid idea. Oh well, at least I had good intentions.

ONSLAUGHT
3307th Post

"NO" , posted Thu 17 Mar 13:09post reply

quote:
You know what? You guys are right. This thread was a pretty stupid idea. Oh well, at least I had good intentions.

Nah, we weren't right, and it wasn't a stupid idea. You had non malicious intentions, and that's what counts.

Iggy
6077th Post

"Re(2):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Thu 17 Mar 19:11post reply

quote:

They were changed.
Not drastically, but they were.

So really what's the difference between a metrosexual and a homosexual?
Metrosexuals are better dressed. Homosexuals are so last season.
What role will the homosexual play in the future?
Gooseberry.

D`Cloud
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Thu 17 Mar 23:44post reply

quote:

They were changed.

based on the movies, they still suck.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

emeraldazn
340th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):NGBC Feedback Campaign" , posted Fri 18 Mar 15:31post reply

quote:

They were changed.
based on the movies, they still suck.

That Ai vid, pretty interesting. Falling Tetris blocks? LOL.