Anime censorship hits a new low - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5487 Views )

Fuchikoma
1224th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Sun 13 Mar 15:07post reply

I usually don't watch the american TV versions of a show... but I happened to leave the TV on after Justice League tonight and Gas... errr.. Zatch Bell came on. I have now officially seen the most stupid and pointless censorship ever. A bank is being robbed... so the robber should have a gun right? No, he has this awkward looking grey blob that makes a charging noise whenever he moves it. The geniuses decided to digitally edit the gun out and replace it with a space age laser... because of course we know all bankrobbers use laser guns. It wasn't even a short scene... this went on for minutes accompanied by that dumb sound effect. What's even worse is the shows that had come on earlier on Toonami like Justice League had characters running around with real guns shooting stuff!

In the tone of comic book guy... "worst... edit.... EVER!"

Replies:

Amakusa
589th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Sun 13 Mar 15:39post reply

Pathetic, to think there are still people that think this is important.

I'm still waiting for the world to end, by the way.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Gojira
1656th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Sun 13 Mar 16:21post reply

Maybe it's meant to influence would-be bankrobbers to use harmless grey blobby noisy space guns to rob banks and be subsequently tackled by old ladies and boy scouts. Then we get to watch the highlights on America's Most Pathetic Robberies

Off with your nose

dragon-warrior
1243th Post

"Re(2):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Sun 13 Mar 17:21:post reply

see this and feel the pain of the fans
http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/71/02/1110645574360.jpg

[this message was edited by dragon-warrior on Sun 13 Mar 17:24]

jiji
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Sun 13 Mar 17:49post reply

Looks like it's not just the fact that he has a gun; it's that he's holding a gun to the kid's head. Children in peril is a pretty big no-no for kids' cartoons in the US.

Dr Baghead
3394th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Sun 13 Mar 18:26post reply

quote:
I usually don't watch the american TV versions of a show... but I happened to leave the TV on after Justice League tonight and Gas... errr.. Zatch Bell came on. I have now officially seen the most stupid and pointless censorship ever. A bank is being robbed... so the robber should have a gun right? No, he has this awkward looking grey blob that makes a charging noise whenever he moves it. The geniuses decided to digitally edit the gun out and replace it with a space age laser... because of course we know all bankrobbers use laser guns. It wasn't even a short scene... this went on for minutes accompanied by that dumb sound effect. What's even worse is the shows that had come on earlier on Toonami like Justice League had characters running around with real guns shooting stuff!

In the tone of comic book guy... "worst... edit.... EVER!"

Maybe it censored so bad ON PURPOSE!!!

Cuz you see, anime fans by and large are cheap ass bastards, if they can watch something for free, by dammit they're gonna watch it for free (quick! name one anime fan club that shows DVD's they bought with their own money at a videostore! Right, they all use the "oh we don't want to do anything illegal so we have public viewings of free bootleg subs we found on the internet rather then licensed DVD's, techincally it's just as illegal but it cost a lot less!" theory to justify their cheapassery.)

So obviously it's in the best interest of the animes distrubitor to get as many cuts as possible and make them as obvious as possible... because it there's one thing anime fans hate more then buying anime, it's censored anime!

So making it damn obvious they changed the word "gay" to "silly" (but not hidding the fact the 'silly' man keeps rubbing againist the lead male character and is wearing a pink suit) or super imposed a tube top and shorts that don't match the original shading and have jagged matt lines over the naked chick (while not chaing the dialog so it seems odd the characters react with shock to seeing someone wearing average summer clothes) or making 'beer' into blue 'juice' that's such an odd color of blue is obviously fake (why not just not recolor it and call it 'apple juice' I've SEEN foamy apple juice but I've never seen neon blue foamy crap) or turns a cigerette into a lolipop or a gun into a fish that shoots rainbows or they change dialog to make no sense (the "I need your sword!"... "not those, the ones at the end of your sword!" 'joke' from Tenchi Muyo, we were supposed to ingore Ryoko asking for a swords at the end of the sword, and prentend 'sword' isn't a euphanism for 'dick' despite what Tenchi covers when she ask for that, and then from their pretend the censorship from 'balls' to 'swords' made it cleaner NOT dirtier like it actually did.)

or my most favoritest censorship of all: Kirlin having an overly complicated way of covering the Invisible man in 'tomato soup'... rather then just getting a can of soup he has to find Master Roshi (who Kirlin assumes carries it with him at all times, I guess) and takes Bulma along with them for no reason, then he counts to 3 and has Roshi throw the soup on the invisible man, soup that comes in a Soda can (with carbination popping sound)... you know instead of just taking the soup and throwing it himself... I think the censorship is WAY more offensive then a pair of cartoon boobs, cartoon boobs only offend part of the population, thinking we're stupid enough to fall for that censorship offends EVERYONE.

So anyway back to my point... by showing an anime on TV a distrubtor gets money AND a fanbase, by showing it cut on TV they get the money from the cable company AND a fan base AND force anime purist who want to see the see the series as it was intended/13 year old boys thinking they're missing boobs and bloodshed to buy the DVD's (or at least rent them and copy them, forcing videostores to buy the series at least)

It's the ultimate marketing campaign!! Like saying in commericals "PLEASE DON'T REVEAL THE SECRET ENDING TO YOUR FRIENDS! DON'T SPOIL THE BRING SURPRISE! YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES!" you hear that and think "Oh man! I'm missing something GREAT!" just like a futury space gun let's you know you're missing out on a real gun and maybe they cut a few scenes!!

yeah it's not funny

Shin_ATproof
1158th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Sun 13 Mar 21:33post reply

LOL I can't wait for Naruto...I bet nobody dies and everyone bleeds blue/green/grey blood.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

DarkZero
1155th Post

"Re(1):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 00:16post reply

It should be noted that in the edited version of Gundam Seed that airs on Cartoon Network at 1AM, the characters carry glowing green space guns. They were actually so lazy with the editing that they just put a glowing green stripe over the guns and even left in the "BANG!" sound of a gun firing whenever someone shoots one of them.

Funny thing, though: Since I've never seen Gundam Seed, I actually thought the design of the edited guns was sort of cool. As a regular part of a sci-fi show, rather than a silly edit, guns with glowing green barrels that shoot some kind of lazer or radioactive ammo would actually be sort of cool.

Red Falcon
5428th Post

"Re(3):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 02:46post reply

quote:

Wh... what the hell IS that thing?? Some kind of spring-loaded hammer???

Best site EVER:Link Here

Spoon
813th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 04:51post reply

quote:
LOL I can't wait for Naruto...I bet nobody dies and everyone bleeds blue/green/grey blood.

Hey, in the original Fist of the North Star anime, blood comes in at least white, black, and pink varieties.

Undead Fred
2213th Post

"Re(3):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 06:55post reply

quote:

Heh heh. People get "touched" with a sword and explode in a fountain of "sweat."

All I've heard about the show so far is that apparently, everyone gets to keep their original name, but they're changing one girl's name to "Beth" or something? "Hi, my name is Beth and I was born and raised in Japan by Japanese parents. But my name is Beth." Heh heh.

Gojira
1657th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 09:34post reply

quote:

My thoughts exactly.

I haven't been watching TV much, but I actually saw an episode the other day from the 4Kids version of the Usopp introduction arc, and it gets to the part where what's-her-name threatens to commit suicide if that moonwalking dude doesn't stop beating on the three kids. It's not a gun, and she doesn't actually do it, so no big deal I thought.

Except in the 4kids version she threatens to kill him with his own weapon (as she closes her eyes and holds the chakrum right up to her throat), to which he responds "NO STOP YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONTROL IT IT'LL KILL YOU!"

I just thought to myself, if I didn't know what was really happening there, would I have been fooled by this crap? You have to ask yourself the same thing with a lot of edits like these.

Off with your nose

Burning Ranger
1109th Post

"Re(3):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 10:40post reply

quote:

I heard Naruto was licensed, but will it really be aired on US TV? Then again, I never saw an episode of it (it seems hyped like DBZ).

Anyway, I'm not surprised about the censoring. It's what happens when something like Anime, coming from a different culture, becomes "mainstream" in the US. *Sigh* I wish we still had the days when Anime was the realm of elite fans.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

GekigangerV
1070th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 10:49post reply

quote:

I heard Naruto was licensed, but will it really be aired on US TV? Then again, I never saw an episode of it (it seems hyped like DBZ).

It will air on Toonami. Although there will probably be some editing on TV I am sure there will be uncut DVDs so I am not worried. Hopefully the DVDs are reasonably priced though.

AS for 4kids, the only stuff I like from them are Ninja Turtles and their Ultimate Muscle dub. Those TMNT dvds are hella cheap.

Yo Undead Fred. What is camera 5? I must know!

Undead Fred
2215th Post

"Re(5):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 11:26:post reply

quote:
Anyway, I'm not surprised about the censoring. It's what happens when something like Anime, coming from a different culture, becomes "mainstream" in the US. *Sigh* I wish we still had the days when Anime was the realm of elite fans.

Yeah, while I like the availability of anime and manga now, I really can't stand the censoring and how everything has to sort of cash in on anime now. I won't rant about it, but there's a lot of "fake anime" and "HAY GUYZ WE HAVE JAPANESE STUFFFF" going around...
quote:
Yo Undead Fred. What is camera 5? I must know!

That's from Eiken. Fanservice from start to finish. Heh heh heh. And UNDEAD FRED APPROVED

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Mon 14 Mar 11:36]

Fuchikoma
1225th Post

"Re(6):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 12:18post reply

Naruto isn't too over-violent... so it should fair pretty well. I'm sure it won't suffer as badly as Full Metal Alchemist, which is on Adult Swim now. The Naruto anime is toned down from the manga anyway... but just because instead of chopping off a guy's head they just impaled him in the anime still doesn't mean they'll show that on Toonami. Now that I think about it... who knows how they hell they're going to end the Zabusa arc on Toonami... unless they say those are a bunch of rubber swords sticking out of him.

That One Piece picture was priceless... I caught an episode a couple weeks ago when they were introducing Sanji, and I was actually quite happy they hadn't tried to blatantly edit his cigarette... although Sanji's voice is the absolute worst... he sounds like something flew up his nose.

I expect the editting of One Piece since it's 4kids and Saturday morning... but I'm still queezy about that Gash Bell edit on Toonami. The show is on like at 9 or 10 at night which was following episodes of other shows with real guns... and it's not like Gash Bell is the greatest show ever or anything, I still think it deserves more than that. If you don't want a show with that kind of content airing on TV, then license another show that wouldn't have to be editted... something like Hajime no Ippo.

Pollyanna
926th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 12:28post reply

quote:

That One Piece picture was priceless... I caught an episode a couple weeks ago when they were introducing Sanji, and I was actually quite happy they hadn't tried to blatantly edit his cigarette... although Sanji's voice is the absolute worst... he sounds like something flew up his nose.

Waitwait. They didn't turn it into a candy cane? That's what he has in the opening, right?

Fuchikoma
1226th Post

"Re(8):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 15:45post reply

quote:

Waitwait. They didn't turn it into a candy cane? That's what he has in the opening, right?

I haven't caught the actual openning myself... I just saw that same candycane shot most people saw before One Piece began to air. For the Sanji intro episode, his cigarette was not a candycane, they had just digitally removed the smoke. My guess is perhaps they'll call it a lollypop or whatever... can't be worst than that dumb sprinkler gun edit though.

Shin_ATproof
1160th Post

"Re(7):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 20:37:post reply

quote:
Naruto isn't too over-violent... so it should fair pretty well. I'm sure it won't suffer as badly as Full Metal Alchemist, which is on Adult Swim now.

Umm...as far as I can tell FMA is actually the antithesis of bad US localization.

Edit: Sanji's deathsticks have been turned into red(possibly cherry) suckers.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

[this message was edited by Shin_ATproof on Mon 14 Mar 20:39]

Ishmael
1888th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Mon 14 Mar 23:50post reply

quote:

I want one!

Digitalboy
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Is this the anime thread?" , posted Tue 15 Mar 03:34post reply

Sorry to get off topic but I just have a quick question.

Has anyone seen "Brigadoon?" (I do not know how to spell this title.) It looks good and fun. Anyone care to tell me their thoughts on it?

Sano
1584th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(8):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 06:10:post reply

quote:
Naruto isn't too over-violent... so it should fair pretty well. I'm sure it won't suffer as badly as Full Metal Alchemist, which is on Adult Swim now.

Last week they showed Gluttony get his arm blasted off by Scar and Gluttony bleed all over the place on Full Metal Alchemist on Adult Swim.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 15 Mar 06:20]

Bootation
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 07:05post reply

quote:

Last week they showed Gluttony get his arm blasted off by Scar and Gluttony bleed all over the place on Full Metal Alchemist on Adult Swim.

I emailed cartoon network and told them to kiss my ass-literally. All they play is dubbed idiotically censored anime and they ruin it.

Also I read that the bastardized american version of steamboy is missing 20 minutes.

2 words senior~.
FUCK THAT
also disney is releasing it so you know i aint seein it.

Some guy was bitching earlier about fansubs ruining anime or some shit.
I'm sorry but i am not paying an evil retarded company like disney to ruin anime. No thanks

FANSUBS 4 EVER!!!!!!

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Iggy
6053th Post

"Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 07:12post reply

quote:
I'm sorry but i am not paying an evil retarded company like disney to ruin anime. No thanks

FANSUBS 4 EVER!!!!!!

And I thought people who learned japanese to watch their anime were retards.

So really what's the difference between a metrosexual and a homosexual?
Metrosexuals are better dressed. Homosexuals are so last season.
What role will the homosexual play in the future?
Gooseberry.

Sano
1588th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 07:28:post reply

The Full Metal Alchemist English dub is being praised by Newtype USA, Animerica and critics alike. I can't even recall when a dub for Anime on TV and not in a movie theater was praised this highly. Granted, I've never heard the original Japanese voices but Alphonse's US voice is brilliant IMHO. And this is coming from someone who can't stand dubs.

Did you even read what I wrote regarding Gluttony getting his arm chopped off and bleeding everywhere on Cartoon Network as they showed it? Doesn't seem like Full Metal Alchemist is getting edited as heavily as Zach Bell to me.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 15 Mar 11:48]

deisied
291th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 07:58post reply

Yeah but FMA is on Adult Swim.

Alphonse' voice is okay, but most everything else, not so much. I also don't see what's so hard about leaving the intro/ending alone. That's pretty annoying.

Pollyanna
927th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 08:00post reply

Well, FMA is on Adult Swim, not "normal" cartoon network, so it's not aimed at children. It would be nice if they would play both versions for some shows. Well, it wouldn't matter to ME, because I won't watch it either way, but it'll be nice for a lot of people.

Anyway, the One Piece anime totally sucks, so as far as I'm concerned the only thing they're ruining is marketing potential.

Burning Ranger
1111th Post

"Re(8):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 08:29post reply

quote:

Umm...as far as I can tell FMA is actually the antithesis of bad US localization.

Edit: Sanji's deathsticks have been turned into red(possibly cherry) suckers.

Wait, I thought the best localization job on an anime series was Cowboy Bebop. I actually enjoyed the dubbed version of it.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Fuchikoma
1227th Post

"Re(9):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 08:59post reply

I'm actually surprised to hear that about Full Metal Alchemist... I had just automatically assumed it was going to be majorly toned down... like saying Ed lost his arm and leg in a freak lawnmower accident or something. I guess I should sit through a whole episode of FMA before I pass judgement, I just caught a bit of one episode and I wasn't too crazy about Ed's VA, so I flipped the channel. If the FMA movie makes it to US theaters, I guess I'll go see it though.

Come to think of it, I did watch the first episode of GITS:SAC on Adult Swim and I was surprised that it was entirely uncut... they even showed that guy getting his foot blown off. The dubbing voices for GITS (the movies, games, and now tv show) have always been great in my opinion.

So it seems that GITS and FMA are uneditted... yet a show like Zatch Bell that comes on like 3 or 4 hours earlier on the same night have to be heavily editted.

... go figure.

Undead Fred
2218th Post

"Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 09:39:post reply

quote:
I'm actually surprised to hear that about Full Metal Alchemist... I had just automatically assumed it was going to be majorly toned down... like saying Ed lost his arm and leg in a freak lawnmower accident or something. I guess I should sit through a whole episode of FMA before I pass judgement, I just caught a bit of one episode and I wasn't too crazy about Ed's VA, so I flipped the channel. If the FMA movie makes it to US theaters, I guess I'll go see it though.

Come to think of it, I did watch the first episode of GITS:SAC on Adult Swim and I was surprised that it was entirely uncut... they even showed that guy getting his foot blown off. The dubbing voices for GITS (the movies, games, and now tv show) have always been great in my opinion.

So it seems that GITS and FMA are uneditted... yet a show like Zatch Bell that comes on like 3 or 4 hours earlier on the same night have to be heavily editted.

... go figure.

Well, again, those are being shown on Adult Swim. So, aside from nekkid boobies or someone saying "motherfucker" or something, it'll be uncut. It's a shame to have those other shows so heavily censored, but since they're showing them to kids and don't want soccer moms across the US to go berserk, then they censor it. No real surprise there. Personally, I wouldn't complain about censored TV anime as long as there's an untouched version out there either through fansubs or DVD releases. Now, when they censor the DVD releases, that's inexcusable. Sucks to hear that Steamboy's been chopped, though. I didn't know that Disney had tampered with it... I knew they did Miyazaki's stuff, but I didn't know they got Steamboy.

As for One Piece, I had never seen it, but is that one character just going to be renamed Candyman or something? It seems like everything he owns or wears is being converted into candy by now...

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Tue 15 Mar 09:51]

Mozex
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 15:46post reply

quote:
"PLEASE DON'T REVEAL THE SECRET ENDING TO YOUR FRIENDS! DON'T SPOIL THE BRING SURPRISE! YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES!"

Very nice usage.

Be kind to goblins.

ONSLAUGHT
3300th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 15:50post reply

quote:

And I thought people who learned japanese to watch their anime were retards.

Poor Jazzie Kun

HAYATO
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 19:10post reply

I didn't know you had such a big censorship problem there in the US...it's hard to believe that coming from one of the biggest pron producers in the world...this Jeckyl-Hyde moral is what really annoys me. Why not letting children see what they want, but allowing them to buy all the pron they want just 4 or 5 years later? They are just some bad drawn cartoon boobs after all, not Chasey Lain getting laid by Peter North or something like that...

DarkZero
1159th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Tue 15 Mar 20:49post reply

quote:

Well, again, those are being shown on Adult Swim. So, aside from nekkid boobies or someone saying "motherfucker" or something, it'll be uncut. It's a shame to have those other shows so heavily censored, but since they're showing them to kids and don't want soccer moms across the US to go berserk, then they censor it. No real surprise there. Personally, I wouldn't complain about censored TV anime as long as there's an untouched version out there either through fansubs or DVD releases. Now, when they censor the DVD releases, that's inexcusable. Sucks to hear that Steamboy's been chopped, though. I didn't know that Disney had tampered with it... I knew they did Miyazaki's stuff, but I didn't know they got Steamboy.

The odd thing is though, that while GitS and FMA are considered "Adult Swim", Gundam Seed is still part of "Toonami"... at 1AM. Thus, it's being edited as if it was being shown at 4PM right after the kids get out of school and come home to chill out in front of the TV. I mean, seriously... 1AM. What the Hell are they afraid of, the Nocturnal Christian Parents' Alliance coming after them? I feel like the shows that ended up on the late night version of Toonami were just tossed in the dumpster, as if Cartoon Network licensed them and then said, "Nah, we don't like it any more. Let's exile it to the Saturday Night Animation Ghetto."

threesixtee
851th Post

"about FMA on AS" , posted Wed 16 Mar 02:13post reply

quick note about FMA on AS:

Lust sounds TOTALLY FREAKING HOT.

back to the conversation about censorship and whatnot... it reminds me of when I was in junior high and cared about stuff like that. now as a cynical 20-something pseudo-adult, I can watch stuff like this and laugh. seriously. in shaman king faust VIII can't even be called a "necromancer" but a "boneyard sorcerer"... the ultimate villain, hao, is now named "zeke" - that's comedy. gundam seed's laser pistols? equally hilarious, if not for the aforementioned lazy editing of it, but for the fact that they pilot huge big giant robots with awesome destructive weaponry yet they weild little toy dart guns. I guess when you've lived through butcherings of sailor moon, escaflowne, ROBOTECH, et. all, for north american viewing, stuff like this really doesn't get to you.

Iggy
6060th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Wed 16 Mar 03:31post reply

quote:
I didn't know you had such a big censorship problem there in the US...it's hard to believe that coming from one of the biggest pron producers in the world...

It's the US. A country where you can't say "shit" on TV, but music aimed at male teenagers talk about how all women are bitches, or sluts, or both, and music for girls explain how they'll give their boyfriend all their love in the backsit of their car.
It's the civilisation of the stupid spoiled whore. And I love Gwen Stephani.

Gooseberry.

Krzyzewski Man
1053th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Thu 17 Mar 07:09post reply

quote:
It's the US. A country where you can't say "shit" on TV, but music aimed at male teenagers talk about how all women are bitches, or sluts, or both, and music for girls explain how they'll give their boyfriend all their love in the backsit of their car.

I don't see the problem. If anything, we just need more male whores.

quote:
And I love Gwen Stephani.

What's the verdict on... on... harajuku girls... guh

Krzyzewski Man:
Lowering the tone since 1985.

Iggy
6074th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Thu 17 Mar 10:35post reply

quote:
What's the verdict on... on... harajuku girls... guh

Oh, they're not blonde whores, they all need to die.

Gooseberry.

Dr Baghead
3399th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Thu 17 Mar 11:06post reply

quote:
A country where you can't say "shit" on TV

Actually, you can't say shit on American TV as a rule.

Oh sure there's exceptions (the 'shit' Episode of South Park being most notable, and any time between 1am and 6am) but for the most part shit is still bleeped ,ie-On Monday's episode of the Daily Show, the interviewee was a man who wrote a book titled "On Bullshit", the two airings on Monay [11pm and 1am] where allowed to air unbleeped, however all showings on Tuesday (10am, 7pm, 11:30pm, and 1:30am... yeah, they air it a lot don't they?) were bleeped... it's also worth noting South Park episodes after the shit one have bleeped the word.

yeah it's not funny

Undead Fred
2228th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Thu 17 Mar 11:18post reply

quote:
A country where you can't say "shit" on TV

Actually, you can't say shit on American TV as a rule.

Yeah, there are the FCC's list of "the seven unspeakable words" or whatever. Cable can sometimes get away with it, not really sure how the rules go, but I'm pretty sure it's up to the particular networks on cable TV as to what they'll allow, but I've got no idea.

Speaking of South Park, the South Park movie was all about this topic (for those who hadn't seen it). In the US, we'll allow graphic violence, but man, you had BETTER not swear while you knife someone in the eye.

Nate
469th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Thu 17 Mar 12:19post reply

quote:

Oh, they're not blonde whores, they all need to die.

Even ganguro?

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
6076th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Anime censorship hits a new low" , posted Thu 17 Mar 19:09post reply

Thanks for the highlight, Baghead!
quote:
Even ganguro?

Ganguro girls are good, because of the role they played in the controverse of 2001 on wether japanese women had a soul or not.

The answer was "no", of course.

Gooseberry.