Unconfirmed: Metal Slug 1 port to hit GBA - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3081 Views )

Kikkoken
853th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Now confirmed: Metal Slug 1 port to hit GBA" , posted Sun 13 Mar 06:03:post reply

2 French sites have disclosed this. The port should be unveiled at the E3. Wait for more info.

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Mon 14 Mar 04:29]

Replies:

exodus
2416th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Unconfirmed: Metal Slug 1 port to hit G" , posted Mon 14 Mar 03:40post reply

quote:
2 French sites have disclosed this. The port should be unveiled at the E3. Wait for more info.

I can confirm this, I met with SNK at GDC.

Digitalboy
150th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Unconfirmed: Metal Slug 1 port to hit G" , posted Mon 14 Mar 04:31post reply

quote:
I can confirm this, I met with SNK at GDC.

Thanks Exodus.

It has been awhile since I have played the first one. Didn't it have only two characters to choose from? Will the sequels follow to either GC, GBA, or NDS?

OmegaDog
1464th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Now confirmed: Metal Slug 1 port to hit" , posted Mon 14 Mar 08:09:post reply

AWESOME news. And given how well done Metal Slug Advance was, this port should be quality (barring any major screen resolution issues). Let's just hope for 2-player capability.

Now, kind of a tangential question -- does anyone here know how complete a port the NeoGeo CD version is? I've played some of the Saturn version at a game store a few years back, and I saw that it had cut frames -- I've heard the PSX version was even worse with mid-stage loading times -- but I haven't really heard much with respect to the Neo-Geo CD version. Reason is, there are some quality Neo-Geo CD emulators for the Dreamcast now, and I'm awfully tempted to bid in some eBay auctions for Metal Slug 1 & 2, just to see how they run on these emulators. (Reportedly, the emulators run almost perfectly with these games, if not absolutely perfectly.)

"IT'S PAYBACK TIME..." "LOCKED AND LOADED!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Mon 14 Mar 08:14]

exodus
2422th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Now confirmed: Metal Slug 1 port to hit" , posted Wed 16 Mar 02:12post reply

wow, I can't remember if the port had anything missing or not. I think maybe it didn't, but the load times are like 8-10 seconds in length, and it loads in the middle of the stage, too...