Capcom Retro Game Collection - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3673 Views )

tenguman
102th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 01:54post reply

Here

Volume 1 will contain 1942, 1943 and 1943 Kai.
Volume 2 is Makaimura, Daimakaimura and Choumakaimura (Ghouls and Ghosts).

Both for the PlayStation.

Are we desperate yet?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Replies:

Joe Randel
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 04:42post reply

quote:
Here

Are we desperate yet?

Is that all? I find that retro collections fall short of what they could be. Companies should release a uber collect with, say, all of their arcade, NES and SNES games on one disk. Even the crap games, that way you actually have a collection.

A video game box set as it where...

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Red Falcon
5420th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 04:48post reply

I'm not desperate enough to buy these games for up to the fourth time (depending on the game)

Best site EVER:Link Here

tenguman
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 05:01:post reply

quote:
I'm not desperate enough to buy these games for up to the fourth time (depending on the game)

I'm not desperate.
You are not desperate.

Capcom is desperate.
Why the hell it would release such a crappy game collection in the first place?
They gotta be desperate or something.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

[this message was edited by tenguman on Sat 12 Mar 05:04]

Burning Ranger
1104th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 05:08post reply

quote:
Here

Are we desperate yet?

This already happened-- these were released on the PSOne and Saturn years ago! Why would they do it again?

Unless the world is caught in a temporal loop! Which would also mean Radiant Silvergun and Burning Rangers will be coming out again! YAY!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Iggy
6025th Post

"Re(2):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 06:15post reply

quote:
This already happened-- these were released on the PSOne and Saturn years ago! Why would they do it again?

Actually, it's the exact same game, but with a guide with the games.

HAYATO
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 08:25post reply

quote:

These news are worse than hitting your father with a pair of sweated socks. I don't know how can anyone still believe in Capcom...not after this overused crappylation.

Burning Ranger
1106th Post

"Re(4):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 11:05post reply

quote:

These news are worse than hitting your father with a pair of sweated socks. I don't know how can anyone still believe in Capcom...not after this overused crappylation.

Agree. It's just bloody annoying. Now, if they redid the games with all new graphics, then maybe I could respect them a little more. Hell, they should at least put a ton of those games on one disc instead of selling a few at a time.

Variable Savior
265th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 14:30post reply

This news really irks me. Capcom can manage to release Mega Man compilations with numerous/varied titles but then they pull this shit when it comes to their classic arcade games? The 1942 and GnG collections were a bad idea when they released them in the 32 bit era - what on earth makes them think it'd be any better now?

A Capcom classic compilation had such potential. I'd have jumped at the chance to play classics like Bionic Commando, Strider, or Willow again. Now all fans have to look forward to is the inevitable Mega Man Battle Network collection...

Damn you Capcom....

Blood marks heaven's path

EddyT
428th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 14:56post reply

They can't even emulate them right, at times. My friend was a big fan of the GnG games, and he was so disappointed in the first collection for that series (I think it was for Saturn, but not sure). He said it didn't even play right. And then I saw the SF Collection for Saturn... man was that coded bad. The hit detection was off and did not even come close to emulating the arcade like the PS version did. And the D&D Collection for Saturn was horrible... the load times were atrocious, even with a RAM cart.

If the collections are anything but perfect, I'll skip these for sure. If you can't emulate them right on a PS2, then you really shouldn't be bringing them out.

Iggy
6029th Post

"Re(7):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 17:21post reply

quote:
If you can't emulate them right on a PS2, then you really shouldn't be bringing them out.

They are PS1 games.

Also, I really liked the Makaimura R or whatever it was called on GBA (chômakaimura but with levels from Daimakaimura and maybe even Makaimura remixed in it), and it makes this Makaimura collection even more pointless.

EddyT
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 18:26post reply

quote:

They are PS1 games.

Also, I really liked the Makaimura R or whatever it was called on GBA (chômakaimura but with levels from Daimakaimura and maybe even Makaimura remixed in it), and it makes this Makaimura collection even more pointless.

My mistake... I thought this was for PS2.

I liked Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts for GBA. My friend didn't though... said the music and sound weren't the same as the SNES one. He is super anal I guess.

Speaking of retro game collections...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244442.asp

I'm still waiting to see if that proposed Phantasy Star PS2 collection will have Phantasy Star II and IV remade.

Shin_ATproof
1152th Post

"Re(9):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 19:01post reply

We're never going to get a console port of Warzard are we?

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

EddyT
430th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 19:14post reply

quote:
We're never going to get a console port of Warzard are we?

It'd be nice... especially with Capcom Fighting Jam having those characters in the game. It's a game I've always wanted to play, but have come to terms that I may never get a chance to try it out.

ArrowedGuy
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 19:19post reply

quote:

Are we desperate yet?

Collections, collections, collections. So we've got Street Fighter and Megaman, with Darkstalkers, Megaman X, and these two coming soon. What next, Final Fight collection?

rid hershel
6461th Post

"Re(2):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 21:40post reply

Everybody is complaining like if they had to actually buy the games... don't support them and it'll be ok.

But this is how the market works, Nintendo hasn't released a single new Mario platformer for GBA.

random news

Sano
1575th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 21:59post reply

Capcom made resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 3. Yeah, no reason to believe in them when they only made two games everybody on this site was more or less positive about. Capcom does other things besides 2D.

Last year on Pulse, a show that used to be on G4 TV, they talked about a new chain of stores in Japan that are doing very well and are called "Sweet Potatoe" and documented on something being called 'The Sweet Potatoe movement.' Basically in Japan, there are people who are tired of the video games today that are too complex, too hard, and take to long to actually learn how to play. They are going back to play older, simpler games, such as, I dunno, games featured in this collection, and this is what the Sweet Potatoe store sells. If you think Saturn owners = Playstation 2 owners anywhere on the planet, I have a couple of bridges to sell you. (By the way, when Pulse ran this news interview it featured X-Men vs SF along with games much older than that like Pacman and so forth. Doesn't get much simpler than X vs SF in terms of fighters.)

And yeah, what's the big deal. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you live in the US, there's a chance this collection won't reach here anyway given all the Capcom collections that don't make it over here so you might not even have the option. I ain't buying it, but so what. No reason to get this upset.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

IkariDC
308th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sat 12 Mar 22:33post reply

quote:
Capcom made resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 3. Yeah, no reason to believe in them when they only made two games everybody on this site was more or less positive about. Capcom does other things besides 2D.

Last year on Pulse, a show that used to be on G4 TV, they talked about a new chain of stores in Japan that are doing very well and are called "Sweet Potatoe" and documented on something being called 'The Sweet Potatoe movement.' Basically in Japan, there are people who are tired of the video games today that are too complex, too hard, and take to long to actually learn how to play. They are going back to play older, simpler games, such as, I dunno, games featured in this collection, and this is what the Sweet Potatoe store sells. If you think Saturn owners = Playstation 2 owners anywhere on the planet, I have a couple of bridges to sell you. (By the way, when Pulse ran this news interview it featured X-Men vs SF along with games much older than that like Pacman and so forth. Doesn't get much simpler than X vs SF in terms of fighters.)

And yeah, what's the big deal. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you live in the US, there's a chance this collection won't reach here anyway given all the Capcom collections that don't make it over here so you might not even have the option. I ain't buying it, but so what. No reason to get this upset.

People is complaining because Capcom could have done a better collection they would have supported, not something worse than what they've done before. Why don't they just re-release Capcom Generations? It's a very nice collection. I only miss the SF2 collection one, (the japanese fifth disc) wich was published there separately, I believe.

Burning Ranger
1107th Post

"Re(5):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 00:26post reply

quote:

People is complaining because Capcom could have done a better collection they would have supported, not something worse than what they've done before. Why don't they just re-release Capcom Generations? It's a very nice collection. I only miss the SF2 collection one, (the japanese fifth disc) wich was published there separately, I believe.

Why would you want to get the SF2 Collection disc? I think the Anniversary Collection takes care of that (unless you really want the original CPS1 endings).

mbisonhatclub
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 02:32post reply

The M.Bison Hat Club endorses emulation

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Iron D
2628th Post

"Re(2):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 12:03post reply

quote:

What next, Final Fight collection?

I'd love to see that. Especially if FF1 and 2 were arcade perfect translations.

In fact, what I really would like to see would be a Cap beat 'em up collection w/the Final Fights, AvP, DnD, Knights of the Round Table, Punisher, etc., etc. etc.

Kinda off topic, but who developed the arcade Spider-man beat 'em up. Cap? Konami? Sega?

Zelkin. Pimped.

Red Falcon
5424th Post

"Re(3):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 12:11post reply

quote:

Especially if FF1 and 2 were arcade perfect translations.

But Final Fight 2 was a Superfami only game...

And Spider Man was done by Sega!

Iron D
2630th Post

"Re(4):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 12:18post reply

quote:

Especially if FF1 and 2 were arcade perfect translations.
But Final Fight 2 was a Superfami only game...

And Spider Man was done by Sega!

Thanks for answering my question, but I could have sworn that FF2 was released in arcades first, and that FF3 was SFami/SNES only...

Zelkin. Pimped.

Red Falcon
5426th Post

"Re(5):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 12:21post reply

quote:

but I could have sworn that FF2 was released in arcades first, and that FF3 was SFami/SNES only...

Nope. 2 and 3 are Superfami only games.

Iron D
2632th Post

"Re(6):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 12:29post reply

quote:

but I could have sworn that FF2 was released in arcades first, and that FF3 was SFami/SNES only...

Nope. 2 and 3 are Superfami only games.

Oh. Learn something new everyday. Thanks, Red.

Zelkin. Pimped.

sakuranbo
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 12:37post reply

quote:

Last year on Pulse, a show that used to be on G4 TV, they talked about a new chain of stores in Japan that are doing very well and are called "Sweet Potatoe" and documented on something being called 'The Sweet Potatoe movement.' Basically in Japan, there are people who are tired of the video games today that are too complex, too hard, and take to long to actually learn how to play. They are going back to play older, simpler games, such as, I dunno, games featured in this collection, and this is what the Sweet Potatoe store sells.

OT. Not to be an ass or picky, but I believe your talking about the Super potato chain store. These are indeed VG stores specialized in so called "retro games". I think they are mainly based in Osaka, but if i recall correctly, there is one too in Akiba. I would really love to see them change the name to sweet, which would mean they would have "sweet" prices and not the current "super" (expensive) ones...
Also, until recently, you could google for their page using 超芋 ハハ

わしは旅の僧、錯乱坊。
チェリーとよんでくだされ。

Sano
1578th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 14:10:post reply

Hey it's cool. I was going by memory, but yeah it's the same store. Thanks for the correction!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 13 Mar 14:11]

IkariDC
309th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Capcom Retro Game Collection" , posted Sun 13 Mar 23:56post reply

quote:

Why would you want to get the SF2 Collection disc? I think the Anniversary Collection takes care of that (unless you really want the original CPS1 endings).

I own the Japanese Limited Edition of SFIII, so I'm not buying the Anniversary Collection.