Original message (3194 Views )

Click
552th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Peter Jackson / Wingnut sues New Line" , posted Thu 10 Mar 10:23post reply

Not super new news, but whatever.

Here

[Not mentioned in article:] What I found most startling was that Sean Astin made a total of $250,000 for all three LotR films combined. Another group of nineteen actors sued New Line for being underpaid and received some kind of 'bonus.'

Insane. Compare that to the $20 million some shitty US actors make for their roles in disposable 90 min. Hollywood 'blockbusters.' Not even blockbusters, just everyday Hollywood movies.

Bleh.

Replies:

Undead Fred
2202th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Peter Jackson / Wingnut sues New Line" , posted Thu 10 Mar 11:16post reply

quote:
[Not mentioned in article:] What I found most startling was that Sean Astin made a total of $250,000 for all three LotR films combined. Another group of nineteen actors sued New Line for being underpaid and received some kind of 'bonus.'

Wow, that's amazing...

Mosquiton
1536th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Peter Jackson / Wingnut sues New Line" , posted Thu 10 Mar 12:27post reply

quote:
Not super new news, but whatever.

Here

Insane. Compare that to the $20 million some shitty US actors make for their roles in disposable 90 min. Hollywood 'blockbusters.' Not even blockbusters, just everyday Hollywood movies.

Bleh.

At least he gets the satisfaction of a job well done. Of course, a lot of people would gladly trade that for a few mill.

/ / /

Undead Fred
2205th Post

"Re(2):Peter Jackson / Wingnut sues New Line" , posted Thu 10 Mar 19:07post reply

quote:
At least he gets the satisfaction of a job well done. Of course, a lot of people would gladly trade that for a few mill.

Well, when your good work has gotten the distributor a LOT of money, why not get a good cut of it? There's no reason why they shouldn't get a nice share of it. Especially if the distributor's screwing them out of it...

Mosquiton
1537th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Peter Jackson / Wingnut sues New Line" , posted Thu 10 Mar 21:02post reply

quote:
Well, when your good work has gotten the distributor a LOT of money, why not get a good cut of it? There's no reason why they shouldn't get a nice share of it. Especially if the distributor's screwing them out of it...

That much is pretty obvious, I guess my post reads kind of cold... it's meant to be read with equal parts sarcasm and sympathy.

$250,000... and I thought Lucy Liu got the shaft by only gettting like one tenth of what Cameron Diaz got for the Charlie's Angels sequel (still at least one million if I remember correctly). That's the way the business works though I guess.

/ / /

Undead Fred
2207th Post

"Re(4):Peter Jackson / Wingnut sues New Line" , posted Thu 10 Mar 21:22post reply

quote:
$250,000... and I thought Lucy Liu got the shaft by only gettting like one tenth of what Cameron Diaz got for the Charlie's Angels sequel (still at least one million if I remember correctly). That's the way the business works though I guess.

I had heard (not totally sure, though) that Jon Heder had only gotten $1000 to play Napoleon Dynamite, but that was only because it was low budget and they didn't think anyone would watch the movie... but he later got more pay out of it or something. $1000 sounds a bit too low to be true, but who knows?