for SNK fans, Styleos question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3308 Views )

rid hershel
6451th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"for SNK fans, Styleos question" , posted Thu 10 Mar 03:38post reply

I remember reading somewhere that he designed Angel originally. Can anybody confirm this? Is he the artist refered in Angel's profile at the KOF anniversary site?

She does look like his style of character, specially after looking at the Ibara designs.

random news

Replies:

Phoenix
755th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):for SNK fans, Styleos question" , posted Thu 10 Mar 04:02post reply

quote:
I remember reading somewhere that he designed Angel originally. Can anybody confirm this? Is he the artist refered in Angel's profile at the KOF anniversary site?

She does look like his style of character, specially after looking at the Ibara designs.

This is what I found on her profile.

Angel was realized through the overwhelming passion of her designer (LAUGH). You could say that there was just no stopping him. You can see his preferences in almost every aspect of her.
She's a real rascal who has a lot of special moves like the "Unchained Circle" and is one tough customer to deal with.
We splurged on the voice for Angel in KOF 2001 and hired Mina Tominaga, a famous Japanese voice actress.
Angel's designer was quite pleased with that...we think.

I wonder if more info was given elsewhere. Maybe the Japanese version or something.

Red Falcon
5417th Post

"Re(2):for SNK fans, Styleos question" , posted Thu 10 Mar 04:06post reply

quote:

I wonder if more info was given elsewhere. Maybe the Japanese version or something.

Nope.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Lupin
2964th Post

"Re(1):for SNK fans, Styleos question" , posted Thu 10 Mar 07:16:post reply

quote:

There's at least a good amount of evidance there that he is, just no hard evidance where SNK plainly states her character designers. Angel's move names are based on songs from the band Soulflower Union, which Syleos is apparently a fan of and he links to their web site at his.
Styleos' drawing style makes it seem to me that he'd be the artist of Angel. I believe Styleos liked American wrestling, Angel has dialogue mimicked from WWF (or WWE is the new name) wrestler Rock (& maybe the corporate/people's elbo move? I read in something about some Rock move but I didn't play her too much)...and she does look a bit like one of their starring bimbos too, at least in that picture where she's making horns as I believe Professor points out on his site. Styleos seems to like Mexico, Angel is from Mexico.
Also he would have designed K', Maxima, and Lin's 3 buddies.

"You can see his preferences in almost every aspect of her."
We don't know but I'd say he's the artist mentioned. Of cource it might be possible they could be talking about someone else who designs sprite moves & graphics, while he would just design primary design-graphics.

[this message was edited by Lupin on Fri 11 Mar 15:47]

rid hershel
6452th Post

"Re(2):for SNK fans, Styleos question" , posted Thu 10 Mar 23:55post reply

Thanks for the info, I guess we can safely assume that he's the one they're talking about.

random news